Convergys
4,370 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Convergys
Costumer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 1, 2015
The Call Center routine is a nice routine but ultimately wasn't the kind of routine I could really sink my teeth into.
The Training was rather fast pace and the typical work day would go by rather quickly especially if you're keeping the handle time low.
Management was basic in a environment like that
and the Employees there all seemed to know what they were doing
great work place
Manger (Former Employee), Moore okJune 1, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
· Coaching, and motivating people at their individual pace
· Randomly monitoring calls to ensure that standards are high
· Managing information and statistics
· Managing staff bonus, reward and incentive schemes
· Responsible for Coaching and developing the agents to be more resourceful and confidant at their job
· Selected and hired self-motivated staff and trained them to be hard-working, customer focused and extremely educated in their field, enabling them to work with minimal day-to-day supervision
· Making schedule based on availability and the weekly needs for the agents to work.
· Weekly one on one coaching, with agents for their development to move up in the company
· Implement new coaching skills for the entire company
· Attending weekly meeting to review progress and any problems
· Giving staff feedback on their performance
cool job excellent pay
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 1, 2015
awesome company, excellent pay, ability to travel and move up in the company. comprehensive benefits and a good place for students
It was easy to catch on.
Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Convergys, everything was easy to do and the pay was good for me being as young as I am with no kids, and not many bills or responsibilities to take care of.
Convergys is a great tool for anyone wanting to work at home
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: Get to stay at home
Cons: sporadic hours
Loved working for Convergys. Would work for them again once I am willing to work from home.
Very excellent training, supervisors are always there to help.
On The Floor
Customer service and sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2015
Convergys Was an awesome place to work. Co-workers are fun and courtesy, I loved everyone's can do attitude. All managers work with any employee to assist them in whatever they need. I loved all the free overtimes, and extra on the floor training classes. I learned thing like empathy and resolve are two key components for becoming a key asset sales agent.
Convergys is what you would expect from a call center
Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: good schedule
Cons: bad management
Convergys has potential to be better than what it is. Some supervisors seem to only want to help the woman, but it really what ever. The work is potato.
nice team meetings
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: good relationship with others from different departments
Cons: its not enough time with your kids and the shifts is so selfish to our personal life
my day at work is just work its like we can not have a time to breath other then taking a break. i learned that our customer do care about the customer service we give as a team.my co-workers is helpful when we need each other at all time.the hardest part of my job is nothing at all. the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my calls and to see mt team leader caring for me and what i do to help my customers. i just feel like our hours are so selfish to people who have kids and they dont care about our personal life not at all.
Great work enviroment
Team Leader/Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Tamarac, FloridaMay 30, 2015
Convergys is a great place to work with a very diversify culture. There are many career advancement opportunities. The hardest part of the job are the business hours. Since it is a call center it is opened all week and closes at midnight. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were always many contests in which agents were able to compete for great prices such as TVs and more.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMay 30, 2015
Nice well maintained place to work.
And very organized.
To obtain employment wherein I can apply my learned and practiced customer service skills towards the betterment of the company and advancement for myself.
professional atmosphere
Customer Service Problem Resolution Rep II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: 100% about the business 0% about your responsibility to your family family
Fun place to work with many perks and bonuses. Lot of professional training available to ensure the job is perfected. They recognize their employees who do a good job.
Patience is a virtue
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Paid Time off, sale commisions, paid training, plenty of breaks
Cons: high mental stress work environment because of metrics
Saying convergys is stressful is an understatement if you do not have the patience to deal with monotonous calls about the same issue day in and day out every couple of minutes. A typical day consisted of being insulted by irate customers because their cable bill was too high but they were unwilling to change their packages or being yelled at that their services are not working even though they are not capable of following instructions on how to fix the issue. After hearing the same thing call after call you learn that it is not difficult to help these people as long as one is willing to ease them into co-operation by building rapport and creating genuine interest in their issues. By empathizing with people you create a short quick bond that helps you perform your job with ease. It is because of this job that I learned that it is not what is said but how it is said that makes a difference between a good call and a bad call. This skill has helped me not only in my jobs but also my personal life. Management here is aware of the stress since they were once floor agents as well. The team leaders I had were always comprehensive and gave effective insight. The most enjoyable part of the job was after a while of working there turning a bad call into a good call became a thing of pride almost.
The Truth About Convergys
Lead Agent (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: the pay is good
Cons: worst place to work if you have a social or educational life
A typical day at work consists of speaking to different customers and worrying about if this will be your last shift. The management is HORRIBLE especially in Valdosta, GA. They only care about themselves and they will only attempt to help their favorites. Your schedule can change "based on call center needs". If you are a student, your education will have to come in 2nd place to this job. If you are a sick and have a doctor's note, you will still receive a point for your tardy or absence. If you become sick at work, you may have to finish your shift or take appoint to leave. This is the easiest, most stressful job ever. The only good part about working here is the free DirecTV service and the pay. Other than that, DO NOT APPLY! This is the only job that cares more about replacing you than working with you.
Solid Company, Great Benifits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Technology, Scheduling, Training, Benefits
Cons: Compensation
Excellent training programs thoroughly prepare employees for the job. Supportive inclusion programs ensure success. Flexible scheduling is a plus. Great benefits for healtcare, financial improvement, purchasing power, and much more.
Nothing great about this company.
Billing Support Agent/Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Utah. Salt lake cityMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free DirecTv
Cons: Having absolutely no control over your EVERCHANGING schedule.
A typical day at work involved worrying whether or not my schedule would be changed or it hadn't changed after I left work the previous day. I learned how to use billing systems. The management didn't really care about anybody but themselves. My co-workers were the best part of my day. Hardest part of was telling people that I couldn't help them. I enjoyed helping a plethora of people.
Quick Advancement, friendly and fun atmosphere
Tier 1 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Quick advancement, work atmosphere
Cons: Scheduling, Required hours
It's a call center job. The department I was in was fun. They have great benefits and have worked with my school schedule. Hours can be crazy at times but they try to make up for it. The people who work there are great. They have many avenues that you can go towards if you want to go towards management, training, or HR. Overall great experience.
Could be managed better
Customer Service/Tier (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYMay 28, 2015
Pros: interesting clients or companies to work for
Cons: too many to list
Every year, when client contracts are up, the departments terminate their more senior employees. Unfortunately, Convergys' client (organizations/companies) do not renew their contracts each year with Convergys.
Unorganized
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMMay 28, 2015
Cons: unorganized company
Never know what your schedule is now that new company took over. New department development with little to no training for new department, not a enjoyable work environment. When Stream Intl was the company I was hired for, I could provide better feed back then Convergys.
fast paced office work
Customer sales representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not caring about their employees
steady job, fast paced work environment. opportunity to advance if you work hard and stay long enough. consistent hours and shifts
Fast paced, exciting,ample opportunities, long hours
Sr. Business Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Travel, variety of positions
Cons: Little rewards for lower ranking employees, volatility in job stability
I worked for Convergys for 20 years and I loved the ability to move between industries and positions all through out my career. I liked the people I worked with and the teamwork we embraced to please our clients and employees. However, there is a good deal of politics in the upper levels and if you don't mind working over 110 hours a week consistently then this may be for you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries