Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,536 reviews matching the search
the job is overall enjoyable
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 27, 2016
convergys is a good company to work for. some of the management team could use additional training due to lack of communication with the team members. the company values employees most of the time.
Pros
benefits, room to grow within the company
Cons
short breaks
Fun enviorment!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
* Growth opportunity for people who show good work ethic.
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Calendar of events to keep the employees happy & motivated.
Unfair to Employees and Customers
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 27, 2016
I made a lot of friends but i felt that we were being to pressured to simply sell and had to constantly stand up for the sales reps and their lies. I enjoyed helping people over the phone and meeting them as well. it was a decent environment and atmosphere simply because more than 60% of all people felt the same way including management. Great entry level job though for those interested in helping people.
Fun and friendly with great opportunities
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2016
Great place to work. The management is upbeat and out going. They train you very well so that your ready to take on callls and its a safe and secure work place.
Pros
incentives, room for advancement, benifits etc
Cons
uncomfortable head sets
Worst. Job. Ever.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 26, 2016
This is a company I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The pay is pathetic.

The only way to earn raises is by showing up. Of course, that means they encourage you to work while sick, or work around other sick people. There are no sick days. In theory, you can take use Paid Time Off for a sick day, but that's only if there's PTO available that day.

Benefits are very poor, and are fairly expensive to boot.

Rules don't apply to everyone. Massive turnover. I was hired on in September of last year (2015) and as of the end of April, over half the 20 or so people in my class are gone. Other projects have an even higher turnover rate. One project at our site constantly has 2-3 classes with 15-20 people being trained.

Depending on the project, pressure ranges from medium to high.

When you take time off, you still have to meet the same goals as if you'd actually worked, so you might have 3 weeks to do the work it takes 4 weeks to complete. Kinda defeats the purpose of a vacation, doesn't it?

Do yourself a favor. Work ANYWHERE but here.
Pros
It's better than living on the streets. Marginally.
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, unrealistic expectations.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 26, 2016
Mainly during the day we would have many different calls dealing with customer services, for example resetting there cable box or just explaining there monthly bill, as well we would take payments or offer to upgrade services.
what i rate convergys
DIRECT TV SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 26, 2016
my typical day at convergys was answering phones managing customer accounts management always helped me anytime I needed some of my co workers were willing to help each other the hardest part of the job was having customers cuss me out cause they didn't understand what I was telling them do to the fact that they wouldn't let me finish explaining what I was telling them the most enjoyable part was helping customers and getting compliments for what I did to help them
Pros
exciting
Unprofessional and laidback
Onstar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
you dread work right as you park your car. you dont have assigned seats but theres barely anywhere to sit as is. You dont learn anything in training, its all learned on the floor.
horrible
Inbound Card Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2016
I was here for a year only because i needed the money until i found another job. finally i just said forget it and left. the management is horrible and they dont care about their workers what so ever. if youre having family issues or emergency issues they dont care even if a note or something is brought to them youll still get a "point". I would not recommend what so ever
Its a call center. 21st Century Sweat shop
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCApril 26, 2016
High Turnover, minimal training. High expectations relative to the pay. unprofessional atmosphere. Management ineffective, constant changing,
Pros
better than minimum wage.
Cons
short breaks, high pressure
Its a great place for college students
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
Typically you are on the phones all day. I learned how to help customers effectively withtheir everyday needs. Management was not really willing to help everyone. Co-workers were very unprofessional. The hardest part was dealing with the immature people.
Productive day ,making sales and providing customers
Call/Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2016
A typical day at Covergys would be you come to work ready to provide service to the customers. Go on our first break eat snacks, play pool, video games and also ping pong. We would have team meeting once a week or twice to learn about the new product that we have. The management it ok and for the co-workers some are a little out of hand. The hardest part of the job is when they change the system around and we have to adjust to it and forget how we're taught to learn the new way. The most enjoyable part is my team itself.
Convergys
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 24, 2016
I did not like working here as it is a lot like APAC. They hire anyone and do not care what those people know. I thought it would be a good expierence to get into higher end Technical Support positions but I could not stand working here. No one knew what they were doing (including the supervisors.) They underpaid my entire team the first two paychecks and they didn't seems to have eagerness to fix it.
Pros
multiple companies to work through, some hour lunches, money incentives
Cons
knowledge, training, management, pay
Nice enivronment
Customer Service Representative- Greet (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2016
Taking calls all day and helping customer with issues on there security system and billing questions they had, I learned to be more professional when speaking with others and how to calm customer down when being upset about a situation. My co-works were fine got along with many. Hardest park of the job is being on the phone all day if your getting multiple angry customers back to back and having to stay positive and be very helpful and helping with there issues. Most enjoyable part of my job was actually being able to solve majority of my customer issues and receiving great surveys and comments back.
Pros
free lunch here and there
Cons
short lunch breaks
Good first time job , if you are single without children
Tier (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 23, 2016
As long as you dont mind, having your schedule changed without even 24hrs notice then its good, but if you have any responsibilities outside of work do not apply.
Pros
co workers
Cons
crazy schedule changes
Good job to work at
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 22, 2016
Working for Convergys I learned a lot like how to deal with angry customers and how to talk to them about the benefits of being a customer with Sirius XM (our partner company) ... I loved the way we had our training classes set up with the corporate management sitting in for a couple of days with the new comers we had a lot of education before we went onto the sales floor .
Used this as a supplemental job
Customer Resolution Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 22, 2016
I was on the AT&T and Direct TV project handling billing and technical issues. The job was easy no major headaches except for when you switch managers like 5 times within a quarter and you having to adjust to different management styles.

Networking or social skill is a must. You dont have to engage in gossip but always knowing what management is doing is a key because your project can be suspended on a moment's notice without any forewarning therefore if you are able to find out which other projects you can join in the meantime is a plus.

They give you OT but then turn around a few weeks and force you to take VTO. kinda petty and pointless.
Pros
Supplemental worrk
Cons
constant misinformation, job expectation
Review
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2016
A high call volume environment as a sales/customer service representative, I answered phone calls from customers and non-customers regarding any issues or concerns about their cell phones or home services, opened new services and added to existing services.
Student Work at it's finest.
Oregon - Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 20, 2016
A great stepping stone for real-world experience.
Understanding staff, with years of experience to share with prospective workers.
Fun place to work
Customer service/sales representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 20, 2016
At Convergys I provided customer services and sales for a major cable and cell phone company. I learned a lot about how to de-escalate upset customers and how to overcome objections when it comes to sales. The hardest part of the job was trying to achieve the sales goals everyday. If I was struggling on a certain day, it was easy for me to talk to my manager to see what I could do differently. This was a really fun place to work with a lot of incentives to keep all of the agents focused and energetic on the calls.