Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,598 reviews matching the search
Poor Management; Does not value employees
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I worked at Convergys for 3.75 years and held 5 different positions. I put in long hours for the company and not once did I ever feel valued. There were constant management changes and nobody was ever on the same page which cause a lot of confusion and unhappiness with managers and employees. Convergys gets away with paying agents and managers the bare minimum for what the job entails. The agents started off at $11 and hour but for all the work they did for Advanced Technical Support on the AT&T account it was no where close to being enough. As a trainer who worked his way all the way from the bottom as a agent my salary was just a hair over 29k a year and if you measured my salary into 40 hour work weeks I was making $13.83/hr. but every week would come out to at least 50 - 55 hours. I would recommend Convergys for any young person who needs to build up their resume but nothing further then that. I am now 24 years old and I have built a nice resume but I would never return to Convergys.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Wage, Management, Schedules
Terrible Company
Dell ProSupport Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2016
So after working for this company for a year I can say that the environment and the way they run the business does absolutely nothing for the employees. I worked for the Dell Prosupport department when I used to be employed there. There was constant issues when it came to just doing your job. Example the tools being down to log calls sometimes for hours on end. Do they care no take more calls. There was no room to grow you get one pay raise and then you're stuck there are no promotions no more pay raises no bonuses nothing. They did nothing to keep the staff at the location I saw people left and right walking out because they couldn't deal with this company anymore. I eventually walked out as well due to overwhelming amount of stress and upper management only caring for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Dead end after first pay raise, Short breaks, Tool issues, everything above.
Great co-workers
Customer service agent / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed my position at convergys, I worked with some terrific people in the years I was there. Advancement is possible if you are looking to move forward.

My managers were always really great, and most of all I really liked the people I worked with .

Customers are just people needing help, and calling you the expert to help them.

Unfortunately my department closed so I was laid off, which made me very sad.

When you commit to a job, you hope they will commit back!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Fun place to work, good people, starvation wages.
Level 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
I worked in the Camelback Colonade center in Phoenix, AZ.

Although full of upbeat, friendly people, Convergys is really expecting 15 dollars an hour worth of work, effort, and professionalism for far less than that. In the end, it was costing more to go to work there than I was making, particularly with 200 dollars in minimal benefits coming out of an 800 dollar before tax check.

In addition, the center is old, and shows it. Every machine in the building is on antique Windows with warnings about being non-genuine, phones are beat up and dirty, cubicles are falling apart, chairs are universally broken, and the ancient carpeting is stained and threadbare.

In short, a good place to work if you are nearby and have someone making a great deal more money than you contributing to your finances and no better prospects.
Pros
Good people, lots of support, good culture, super casual dress code.
Cons
Starvation wages, unrealistic goals, no paid sick days.
non productive an horrible workplace
Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
as a typical work day all you do is go in to the job and sit down a start dialing outbound until you get to go inbound(if they favorite you). I learned in order to get ahead in this company you need to become friends with the owner and you need to stay and do "overtime". the management her is very lousy, it sucks to see that if there is a customer that needs a supervisor, they tell you to tell them to get them to customer care or they will tell you to schedule a callback but they will never call back the customer, the co workers rely on each other here, very lazy and they never do their job, you have to do things by yourself, even if they never trained you for it, the hardest part of the job is getting the manager to actually work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job to me now is getting ready to find a new job, would never recommend this place
Pros
Cons
short breaks, benefits, help
Mandatory OT, lowest wage they can get away with, counterproductive attendance policy.
Undefined (Current Employee) –  OregonJanuary 15, 2016
The company offers no opportunities for advancement. T1 agents in training make the same ammount as T2, Triage, Office of the President, and floor resources. SME's only make 25 cents an hour more. And the salaried team managers, when you consider how many hours they have to work, end up making less than t1 agents hourly week after week.

But since the sme and team lead positions are the ONLY opportunity for advancement, you get all kinds of ridiculous office politics and cut throat behaviors. No wonder the turnover rate is over 100% annually.
Pros
They treat you like entry level, always looking for a warm body to fill seats
Cons
Everything else.
Friendly environment, stressful at times
Comcast Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at convergys, starts with you clocking in. They have a point system in which if you reach 12 points you are terminated. If you are 5 minutes past your scheduled hour you are considered late and are given .25 points. After you clock in you log onto your phone and programs and start answering calls. I learned a lot of communicating skills and listening skills. The management at convergys is good, but sometimes the managers or TL's have favoritism so that was something that upset me. The co-workers at convergys were great you make friends in that company fast. The hardest part of the job was when it was call after call and sometimes we would get angry customers back to back, but i would always handle the situation well. I would always make a angry customer a happy one and that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good lunch breaks, Friendly environment, and good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times, favoritism with managers
empty promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2015
in training we were promised :
a 30 cent raise for every 90 days perfect attendance
FALSE
Incentives up to 500.00 for sales
(my highest bonus check was 134.00 and it came three months after i started)

Managers have a morning huddle then they call "a power hour" where the managers walk around in wigs and shouting (as we are on calls talking to live customers) shouting save HBO, PERFECT SAVE, they ARE SHOUTING AND SOME WEARING WIGS AND COSTUMES AND if the customer doesn't remove their hbo or showtime you get a tiny candy bar or a plastic pair of glasses , or a rubber duck....yes, a rubber duck.

They promised NFL jerseys , footballs, tickets to games for their biggest promotion of the season.

most management is from california so they had tons of RAIDER gear but ran out of Bronco stuff. It was more typical to win a tiny foam football than to win a jersey anyway.
Cons
short breaks, strict by the minute time keeping, if you are late 1 minute you get a point against you up to twelve then you are fired
A decent job
Smart Chat (Current Employee) –  5600 E Brainerd rdOctober 3, 2015
A fun work place with lots of activities throughout the year. Prizes and free lunches a constant event throughout the year for different events or employee appreciation. A stressful job but lots of training and management support. Acceptable benefits. Constant change to match the changes of the culture and diversity. The pay is metric based and so fluctuates. Lots of opportunity for advancement. What I enjoyed most about the job is the teamwork mentality instilled in everyone and 360 feedback is encouraged. Everyone's voice can be heard.
Pros
Job is not strenuous
Cons
Pay is metric based
If you truly love customer service, here is a good place
Tier 2 Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 17, 2016
My current time at convergys is actually pretty good, despite the reviews, yes I have my own grudges about things, but thats just because im a 20 year old male without a full understanding of life and business

A typical day here, at least on the account I'm on involves taking daily incoming calls assisting customers with their cell phones and computers and taking over calls as a supervisor when needed to be.
I take incoming calls daily, follow up on customers as needed and grant exceptions on certain things depending on what the company can allow and what the situation is for the customer.

The management here, at least on the account I'm on, is very understanding and working. They will help and work with different types of schedules and really does work hard to make sure every employee is happy and likes working here

However, just don't be fooled at the expectations they will tell you. They will tell you coming in every day, being really great at your job guarantees promotion.

This is the only lie they tell here, the advisors chosen to be promotes,(to coaches, tl's, trainers, quality etc) are all based on favorites here. The Operations Managers try not to let this happen, but the Team Leaders provided such a biased opinion there really is no room for advancement
Pros
Air Condition building, 1 hour lunches, events
Cons
biased leaders
Good job for someone trying to get on their feet
Customer Service/Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2016
For me, this was a good job to get back on my feet. Starting pay is $11.00 hr. They will hire pretty much anyone. There are a few perks to the job but the training isn't great, lots of communication issues between management and upper management. Not a place to make a career out of. Kinda like being in high school again.
Pros
Pool tables in the break room, free coffee.
Cons
Bonus and commissions constantly change and never get paid out when they are supposed to.
I think it is a very good company to work for.
Subscriber Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 25, 2016
At the time that I worked for the company and the contract that they had with OnStar things were exciting and the product was still kind of new to the industry. The benefits were great but the hours were not always promising, it was like a lottery. Work hours were never a guarantee. Jobs no longer have job security but I was able to move and advance in different positions.
Can not recommend
Tech support, exclusively for small businesses (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 23, 2015
The company itself, Convergys is a nice place to work, but when you get put into your assignment, you get specialized training that is not enough. Doing tech support for AT&T is a daunting enough task, but without effective training or real time support, you are left to struggle and learn the hard way. If you can learn complex things quickly, you will do fairly well, but it wont be pleasant. You are judged on things beyond your control. If you pick up the phone and it is a complex issue that takes a long time, you are criticized for as. There are also surveys that you must score perfectly on. If they praise you for your hard work and this say anything about someone else or the company as a whole and give less than a 10/10, you are to blame for that. I've never seen such a high turnover at a place of business before.
Awful management.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2015
The job itself isn't terrible, however the management of the building cares nothing about your ability to do your job. Not a single agent on the floor is able to consistently meet the metrics, due to the variables on the floor. The only thing that matters to these people are numbers, they don't care about anyone personally. The office is crowded to the point to where you have to park in another buildings lot in order to go to work if you're not there before 9am. The parking lot is tiny and filled with people who double park and the property manager used to tow these people, now they just let it happen and you lose 20-30 parking spots due to the double parking. You do your job correctly and management will punish you for it, do it incorrectly you get fired for it. There's literally no in-between.
Pros
There are no pro's other than a close lunch room that you pay for.
Cons
Terrible management skills. Too crowded.
worst company i have ever worked for
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 30, 2015
Convergys is a 3rd party call center that is more worried about filling seats than they are about training the people correctly. They don't care about their employees. Anytime an issue would come up at work regarding my kids(i'm a single mom of 3 kids) their responses was not there problem i had to figure it out. they don't communicate anything with there employees. they run about 3 months behind on pay out on their bonuses. which was kind of useful since i was still getting paid for the next 3 months after they fired me for no call no show because my maternity leave was denied AFTER I came back to work for 30 day. they are a sneaky and shady company. they also do not believe in do raises. they will do the yearly evaluation to make sure your doing your job right but they won't give you a raise. so you can literarily still be making $10/hr after you have been there for 1,5 or 10 yrs... unless you get a promotion to supervisor.
Pros
its a hjob
Cons
every thing about that company is a con
Low pay for type of position, but not a horrible place to work.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
This is an inbound call center with no breaks between calls. Training needs to be extended for the amount of information required to handle inquiries. The pay is very low compared to similar positions with other companies. There is room for advancement, but that is mainly due to the high turnover rate. Some of the promotions do not include a pay raise, but rather just a change in job title and responsibilities.
Overall, the coworkers are pleasant. This would be a good job to take if you wanted to learn more about banking, needed a short term position (less than one year), or wanted to better your communication skills with customers for future endeavors.
Pros
Upbeat atmosphere, congenial coworkers
Cons
Low compensation, short lunches, micromanagement, nonstop work production with no downtime
Convergys
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 13, 2015
I have enjoyed working for this company. A lot of opportunity for advancement. I love my coworkers and love coming to work.

Hardest part of this job is communication amongst departments. Needs to happen more.

Convergys is flexible and family environment. Main thing is to watch attendance. If you stay in communication with your management, they will help you.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K plans
Cons
Not enough support at times.
Run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The convergys in Tampa is ridiculous.
This place is horrible the leadership is elementary at best the management is illiterate so they will screw you out of your commission working with AT&T the training is garbage the benefits is Hitlerean the schedule is Flexible which means you never have the weekends off and you never will get off at the e time no more then 2weeks at a stretch no room for breaks just 👎👎
Pros
A place to work for kids
Cons
Waste adults time
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2015
Supportive management, Advancement depends on performance instead of tenure, It can get crowded and loud at time. Some days are back to back calls and other days are 5-10 minutes between times. Offer healthcare and other benefits after 90 days of employment and a raise in pay. Overall experience is not too bad.
Pros
Health Care, Incentives, Recognition, and Giveaways
Cons
Crowding and noisey
Good Started Job
Accountant and Pro Advisor (Former Employee) –  Willsonville, ORDecember 29, 2015
I've worked at this place off and on for 10 years and they got me my first good job. They are fair but will work you hard and there are advancements available if you ask and pay attention. If you have fallen on hard times it is a good place to restart your working life. Good management that will work with you on medical issues and social problems. Overall I can’t say too many bad things but the staff is younger so you will be exposed so college pranks and clicks.