Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,907 reviews matching the search
Greagreat oppurtunity to gain great deal of knoledge t Job/great benifits
Technical support (Dell Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2017
an awesome first job if you're trying to get your foot in the door.
great opportunity to gain knowledge and experience. great bounces and incentives. great culture and support staff
Very unprofessional, only favorites will advance in the company
Customer Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 28, 2017
I don't have a whole lot of good to say about Convergys. I did have some great trainers that made sure I was fully prepared for the position.

Out of training, it went down hill from there. Very unprofessional. Leadership making inappropriate comments, spreading rumors about co-workers. This was the Pueblo, CO location.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Very unprofessional. Bad work environment.
Fun Place, good friends, decent cafeteria
Entertainment Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 28, 2017
I pretty much loved everyday. Talked to new people and learned so much about work and life. Mostly just a typical call center with a good cafeteria.Laid back culture
Call Center Stress, but good bonuses
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 28, 2017
Convergys is a typical call center environment and can be stressful but its easy to get into and can be quick easy money. There are opportunities to move up from a sales agent to a Team Leader but after that you seem to come to a stop. There are no raises for time or experience but there is opportunity to get bonuses if you are a great sales rep. If you don't plan on selling this is not the job for you. There is a constant push and someone over your shoulder to meet sales goals and even once met you may feel as if your performance is not good enough. This is coming from someone who was a top seller on the site and moved up quick to TL.
Pros
Full time hours, overtime, benifits
Cons
short breaks, managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 28, 2017
Not really applicable because they laid off the whole orem site, so not only did the pay suck but, now i have to find another job. What a wonderful place to get paid to do nothing
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 28, 2017
This place is not organized. They don't care about you or your personal life. They run on the point system. You get points for being a minute late no grace period. You could be sick with strep throat for 3 days and you would still get points for everyday you missed even if you have a doctors note.
Cubical enviroment surrounded by tvs
ACE agent (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 28, 2017
Its a good company to work for , day to day I would be answering calls and making offers to customers according to their accounts. I learned sales experience how to properly make an offer to a customer without selling it to them . The workplace can be distracting alot going on around you with all the calls. The hardest part was having to be pushy and not fully just helping the customer with their needs. I loved talking to the customers.
Pros
Free directv, good benefits
Cons
short breaks, and not very flexible
Great Entry level
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 28, 2017
gives you skills even if you never worked at a call center, great staff, schedules are flexible, fun place to work with lots of opportunites andprovides lots of training for personal development
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2017
Pharmacy Technician- Handle inbound calls for Walgreens Pharmacy Dept. to assist in fill prescriptions and contacting doctors for refills and answering insurance questions and resolving any problems or delays on any prescriptions medication

To be honest I loved working there
Condescending and gossip ridden
Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 28, 2017
No help from management, literally was called incompetent to my face for a manager override call. Empty promises. Never allowed to use your UTO or PTO.
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 27, 2017
Good benefits/ work environment in Convergys Corp could be stressful at times. Must learn how to handle difficult customers on the daily basis. Must meet with the monthly stats to meet goal.
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Training was awesome
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed working in the training department. Great co workers and a lot of room for advancement. Would have transferred if there would have been a location in the area I moved to.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Teams didn't work togwthwr
Work Ethics
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 27, 2017
I loved coming to work because of the great environment. The co-workers and supervisors were very friendly. I learned how to work satellite equipment for Directv. The most enjoyable was how I could help customers solve their problems via telephone.
Pros
Flexible hours
Amazing Comapny
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
Company was amazing , i would have still been emmployeed with he company if the company did not drop hours company was amazing to work for managment was always involved with the agents.
Cons
a fast paced environment with certain drawbacks
Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 27, 2017
The hardest part about this job was having to check your soul at the door. Having to try and sale people thing when they clearly couldn't afford it takes a toll on you. i enjoyed the people i worked with all in all but it was a place where someones bad mood could become contagious.
Okay place to work
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 27, 2017
It was too many females in there, it really seemed as though they were hiring anyone just to say they have employees. But for the most part I liked working there
National cash advance was a great paying job that had a promising future for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 26, 2017
I liked my job but management became to source of my exiting job. I have always thought about the Idea of sitting behind a desk and being of assistance to the public so, National Cash Advance was that opportunity until management had such of a drive to keep and put customers into these high rank loans, I began to not like my job anymore.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Door to door soliticting involvment
great place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2017
it was a good place to work did not like how the other employes dressed but the money is very good and you have potential to make a great deal of money hear they train if you fallow directions you can move up in the company very easy.
Relvoving door
OnStar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2017
Convergys has a high turn over rate. The schedules are not fair. Its too much work for the money they pay. They could pay more. Its a 24 hr call center you never know what your schedule will be. You never know how long you will see somebody working there.
very patient and respectful environment
Customer Service/Retention (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 25, 2017
the training was the overwhelming part for me because i was a new mom but overall i loved the experience everyone was polite and helpful the sercurity is great
Pros
good sercurity
Cons
the food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

74%