Convergys
3,902 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Just an ok place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2015
Pros: monthly treats
Cons: no schedule accomidations
They job is easy and the coworkers are fun to work with. If you can talk on the phone, be respectful and follow how you are supposed to do your job it is great. Management is ok. Some are impossible to get along with and others I cant speak highly enough about. The company does not have much care in the world about their employees work/life balance.
Sometimes stressful, but easy.
Eyemed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Florence KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: rep to customer interaction
Cons: fluctuating schedule, little to no interaction with higher ups.
Depending on the day of the week, the work shift could be hectic or extremely slow. Monday through Thursday was normally a fast paced workflow, sometimes with calls backed up and non-stop work for hours. Other days It could be little to do with thirty to forty-five minutes between calls. As far as management, there are few supervisors that are normally on hand and it does take quite a bit of time to get through any special requests or assistance with issues both work related and not. Any type of manager past your immediate supervisor has little to no contact with call representatives. I wouldn't say there was a difficult or hard part of the job, once you're trained, you get the basic idea of what you need to do and the rest you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part would have to be fixing an issue that a member/customer had and knowing you made their day or took a load off their shoulders. It really made me feel accomplished.
the aspects of call centerss
customer services rep (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 2, 2015
most management is awesome and there are some amazing coworkers! As far as work goes depends on the work flow sometimes fast and then sometimes its slow, customers can range from being the nicest to the meanest depends on there day. The hardest part of the job I would say is not being able to be blunt with certain customer. The most enjoyable is I get to know about different areas and cultures and personalities.
the company did not train to assist customers fully
Direct TV Call Center (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: leaving the job
Cons: employees were not trained to take on the job presented to them
working at the convergys call center was difficult because employees and trainees were not properly trained to assist the customers with the possible issues that a customer would call about. the only thing that was pressed in training class was to sell product, but not to assist existing customers with the products they have already purchased
Customer service
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMarch 2, 2015
I really liked the position. I learned a lot at this job. Time-management, customer deescalation, etc. It was very fullfilling being able to have a customer so irate and get them to be happy again.
productive place to work
customer retention (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2015
Handled all call types for DirecTV such as billing, technical, and sales. Learned how to deal with angry customers, co workers were good also. Hardest part of job was not being able to help some customers more than what was available to offer. best part was helping customers to understand and keep services active.
Handled 401K Accounts
CSR (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2015
Inbound/Outbound call center handling GE employee's 401K benefits. Helping them were to place they fund in stock's and bonds. Helping then with Loans and Withdrawls and explaining the effect on their taxes. Helped them understand about their 401K.
Productive, fast paced, and fun
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
Busy environment and very competitive. Periodically attend meetings and classes to improve and implement new features. At the end of the day most employees had a productive one.
it ok .. starter job
❸ Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), richardson, texasFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: a lot of incentives
Cons: management can be all over the place; favoritism
8 hrs of the same work. Management can be childish. make sure if you get a arrangement with days off its in writing.

after awhile its move like working with family
Convergys is a company with a high turn over rate and little re-guard for the persons who work for them
Assistance Que Supervisor (Current Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at my job is to take phone calls of extremely upset customers who do not agree with the policies of the company or whom are having problems with their service. I correct the problems if I can and try to give the best solutions if I cannot fix the specific problem the customer is experiencing. I have learned a lot of patience and how to talk to the public in a reasonable and direct manner. The management at my job lacks empathy or caring for any of the employees as they know that there is always a new group of people willing to try the job for awhile and there are always 18 year old high school kids who they can higher for a short time. The hardest part of my job is the way that the customer is allowed to speak to the customer service representatives and how we are treated by the general public without any back up or the ability to tell the customer that we do not have to listen to obscene things that if the customer is not polite or does not quit cussing at us that we may end the call. I most enjoy my fellow co-workers who try very hard to meet all of the company's expectations and still be happy, healthy, and caring individuals.
Alright work place
Service Continuity Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
The company is awesome with some great people to lead it. The program I was working under does need work. Pay was great. Mangers were okay.
Not all bad at all.
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: dress code, attendance policy, hours
Cons: the pay - pay people better to reduce turnover and increase employee commitment.
Convergys is not a bad company to work for. They will adjust your schedule for school or family issues. They have a really relaxed dress code and liberal attendance policy. The managers appear to care and recognize good performance.
Convergys is good for a first job or if you don't have many financial responsibilities.
As long as you're not a felon, you can get a job there.
Something is truly better than nothing. They really need to pay better.
productive fun envbiroment
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 27, 2015
Its was a great experience fun friendly but still all about business. nice people positive attitudes, enthusiastic, motivated great work experience
Fun environment and great work place.
Sales Representative/Tech Support (Former Employee), Laredo, TXFebruary 27, 2015
The job consisted of clocking in, via computer and telephone as you took customers one after another as they called in.

The job taught me how to better communicate with people and how to handle angry customers better.

Management I must admit, some were lazy and handled issues poorly. Most were great.

Easily the most difficult part of the job was the sales portion. Trying to convince an already livid customer to buy more services, that of which they were already having issues to begin with.

I would say the most enjoyable part was the environment and people. Your co-workers around you definitely help alleviate the stress of sales that must be made.
Fun and challenging
Customer service (Former Employee), TaylorsvilleFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: pay, hours
Cons: angry people
It was challenging to work with angry people on a daily basis, but very lax on appearance and very fun when we had slow days. I learned account management, customer service skills, phone skills and computer skills. I also learned how to work alone and not just on a team.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOFebruary 27, 2015
That is the most horrible job i ever had in my life. Only good thing is the $9.00/hr plus a lot of overtime is offered because no one never stay longer than 6 months.
Wonderful for mothers or students
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), cincinatti, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: work from home, flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Wonderful for mothers or students who are looking for part time work at home opportunities. The pay is not great but it is extremely flexible. Easy to get overtime hours to earn more money.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative / Team Lead (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 26, 2015
I typical day at work for me was coming in and answering phones doing computer , cable and telephone tech while also selling cable packages. The hardest part of the job was the changing of management. The people for the most part were friendly.
Fun workplace
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 26, 2015
The workplace was fun and interactive, the staff had a lot of cool ways to reward employees for hard work. I enjoyed talking to the other employees and customers. The managers and trainers there were great about constructive criticism and working with their employees to better not just one person but the entire team.
a nice job
Customer Resolution Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2015
it's a nice job where the calls volume varies. the co-workers are cool and the managers can sometimes be mean, but you do learn patience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more