Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,719 reviews matching the search
Not enough support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 30, 2016
The job itself was ok, however there is not enough staff at this location. I did 6 weeks of training, when I got on the floor everything I was taught was incorrect. When I needed help there wasn't anyone around, and even though I would try to help the customer as much as I could, I would get in trouble for asking for help. This was the worst job I ever had, and everyone in my training class quit as well.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, unfair treatment
decent place to work
Customer Service Agent for the Direct TV Project (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 30, 2016
Answered calls and helped solve customer issues with billing, tech, and sales also offered them specials on new programming.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
no good benefits
The best place to work
Team Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 30, 2016
Great team, excellent managers, great income, a lot of ways to grow within the company, exciting and fun place to work, convergys by far the best company i have ever worked for
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 30, 2016
Management is accommodating.Coworkers are cooperative,job is competitive. We are being motivated during tough times to welcome stress positively.
Pros
lunches
Cons
Health Care
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 30, 2016
Customer Service, Account Activation, Technical support, accepted payments via phone, hardest part of the job was being yelled at by customers because they had no programming due to not paying their bill.
Pros
After 6 months was able to receive free cable. Offered incentives if you were a student.
Cons
Shorted hours several times, hour availability
Work enviroment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJune 29, 2016
Convergys's is a good start off job for college kids and/or retired adults. The pace is slow and its very easy to learn all the materials. However, once you've been there for a while things start to bother you such as the scheduling, the break, and the fact that after 5 pm you have absolutely NO CALLS, and your there till 10. A typical day at work involves a early shift, being full of calls all the way until your scheduled to get off. If you come in anytime after 12, you might as well say you have a long day ahead.
Pros
The Pay is Exceptional, Its a Good Start Off Job
Cons
No Progression, No Raises, No Schedule Changes, Short Break & Lunch Times
Fun co-workers, no hard physical labor.
Travel Guide (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 29, 2016
Working for Convergys was generally pleasant with entertaining co-workers. I was able to learn a lot about phone skills, resolving problems, computer programs, as well as learning to read codes and apply my knowledge to best assist each member. The management is light hearted, fun, and often able to brighten your day however when it came to working out any problems that arose in the work place I found that situations were often not resolved expediently. The hardest part of working with Convergys was the training. It was an 8 week training class where we were given a lot of information that was not clearly able to be understood until experienced. What I enjoyed most was all the incredible people I interacted with that were members, co-workers, managers, and even the occasional visitors from the corporate office.
Dependable but stressful
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 29, 2016
i love my job, just looking for something different. Still dealing with customers, but no confined to a chair and phone all day
fun lounge area
Call Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
It was a pretty great place to meet new people but some of the team leaders are really rude because of my age. Anyone can tell when they're being disrespected, and the callers are usually pleasant but then you get callers that are extremely disrespectful. Other than that my co-workers made working there so much easier they were fantastic, helpful, and very friendly.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
The callers
Call center inboud resp
Customer service Inbound Calls High Call (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
This job is not in my kind of field range the schedules are really flexed their its not organized correctly for the time of business it is they expect to much but don't give out a lot as far as meeting the their workers half way they have unlimited overtime but its never available I have been there for a year soon my personal email doesn't work 6 months out of the year its been broke so I miss out on important info ive asked a numerous time about it and im only getting feed bck about then sending a email
Pros
unlimted overtime benefits awards for good work
Cons
hire anyone, unorganized always have system issues
good opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 26, 2016
I very fast pace call center lots of calls a day i learned about customer service and computers. free cell phone service after you been there for a certain amount of time, you could pick your own schedule after you had been there for so long. the hardest part of the job was the computer apps. they closed down
Pros
free phones and service and lots of overtime
Cons
mangement
career advancements
ATT & Directv resolution Specialist (tech support) (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 26, 2016
good benefits plus education on technical support, paid vacations and they work around your schedule, people are kind and friendly I enjoyed helping people resolve their issues and deescalating heated tempers.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Productive and fun work place with power hour
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2016
My over all experience at Convergys was great I really learned a lot of thing. a typical day for me was to start working immediately. I learned how to read medications as well as read claims and that was great. my management team was good to me! and co-workers was helpful the hardest part of this job was nothing, I really enjoyed working their.
Pros
Paid PTO
Cons
short lunch break
n/a
Technical support (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 25, 2016
Call center job, a good place to enhance my communication skills. Customer service is fun but getting to fix electronics is my thing.
convergys/ Xfinity
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 25, 2016
Answer phone calls...scored based on calls and if scores dont meet numbers then possible termination. Points in place but they harm more than help you. High turn over. would not recommend.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 25, 2016
Working here is fun you work around funny people and they do a lot of fun things when it comes to holidays. There is a lot of fun contests to win for money, it is a loud environment, but you have to be a little tough when it comes to working in collections.
review
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2016
The hardest part of working for Convergys trying to sell being in tech support not everyone is happy about there services being down and trying to upsell them.
I loved working here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 24, 2016
Supervisors were amazing, understanding and helpful! I was taught alot within a few short weeks of training but it was all simple!
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
quota
Baby Sitting
IOS Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 24, 2016
Alot of children work there so they treat everyone like children. Dont needs a child's job. There are other avenues to choice in convergys I just took the wrong one.
Pros
Non
Cons
I got a certificate with pictures of mario on them.
WFM BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 24, 2016
Everyday was busy and non-standard. Depending on the projects available depending upon how many hours you worked in the day. Most days were spent delving through data trying to figure out whether the information was viable or not!
Pros
Office environment
Cons
Office environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.