Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 4,446 reviews matching the search
My experience at Convergys.
Associate and Ace Coach (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMarch 12, 2014
The very first day went like this, We were told to show up that morning at a specific building. When we had shown up there was no training room. It had also been brought to our attention, that HR over staffed the training class i was in, almost by half. So many had to find out that day if they were still on the same project. We moved from building to building at least three times to find an available training room. About half the day, wandering. Mind you its December, and of course snowing. Training was an overall positive experience, however in hindsight, even AT&T had agreed our training class (the 1st) had less hands on preparation that had been deemed necessary. It seemed like a waste of time to devote one to two days to play name games. The transition was rough, upon graduation. I had issues with having four team leads in the span of one year. With employee turnover, comes inconsistency, there were continuing issues with managers. First team lead accidentally coached me twice mistakenly on the same phone call. Third Coach had messed up my schedule, at least once a week for about four months. To correct any attendance inconsistencies/ mistake was quick and easy. A job requirement none seem to care fully about or do.My largest and most unfair headache was just beginning i had forgot to clock in. The computer usually does it. But didnt since i had left my computer logged in overnight to avoid slow reboot. I hadn't realized until my first break. I went up to another team lead to fix it, mine was hardly ever there. He knew i was there on the phones taking calls by 9 am, had  more... said " i know you were here, ill fix it, no worries." Or so i thought.
Two WEEKS later of constant nagging, and it hadn't been fixed. Told my TL it still hadn't been fixed. Told me hed have upper management fix it as soon as he talks to the other TL. Only to be stabbed in the back the next day. ( A bogus payback after acting as his assistant for no extra pay, to keep our team on the top. And we were top most of the time. After working with him for over a year, he accused me of being off the phones for an hour and a half doing nothing. While this other TL sat there and did not defend me because "it was too long ago." I pleaded that NO one in the site would be able to get away with that. Many people walk by constantly and would get you fired. Frankly, i was hurt and offended. My plead fell on deaf ears. Wasn't until my coworkers saw me balling and became concerned; upper management was finally involved and proved me right. The points were fixed, yet my tl had nothing to say and had disappeared for the rest of the day. In fact i never saw him again. This was two days after is was announced my project was to be closed and/ or id have to be moved to sales. Even after that whole ordeal, i still showed up the next day i had to work. the whole trip to work however, i started balling and having a panic attack and asked myself, do i really need this??? I withheld the urge to hop right off the train and go home. The next day, same thing, still went to work. As the day winded down, i sat for about 20 30 mins getting swore and yelled at by some jerk over his bill. Then i had realized this isnt worth it anymore. Got a job offer elsewhere. If my boss doesnt care im here, doesnt care about how hard i work, or to make things right, than neither do i.
Pros
diverse working environment/ good benefits
Cons
terrible management
Fun place to work, may be overwhelming to some.
Customer Service / Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 12, 2014
Your first shift likely won't be an early shift, unless someone in your training class trades you before they get fired. The folks at Convergys tend to get rid of the early shifters pretty fast straight out of training... better be ready to be there for a good long time if you want a morning shift.

The first thing you do as you arrive at work is ready your computer. That is, if you've been assigned one. If your team is too large, you're on a first-come-first-serve basis, and you're likely to have to sit away from your team, communicating only through chat.

Some of the team leads/supervisors working are friendly and fun, while others are absolutely not. My own personal experience has me drawing away from my supervisor as a resource, as he tends to throw his hands in the air and swear if someone asks something of him. He goes out of his way to make sure that the calls wherein a customer has asked for a supervisor last an hour, at least, so that he won't be asked to take supervisor calls. This may seem like a non-serious issue, but in an environment where you're pressured to keep daily call handle times down, it is a huge issue. Especially a nuisance, besides the fact that it drives your average up for the day, because you're afraid to go to your own supervisor.

On the chance that you get a 'fun' supervisor, expect them to be missing for large portions of the day as they run around congratulating other agents on sales. One supervisor in particular shouts while ringing a cowbell. Sure, it's a fun notion, but your customers will definitely not appreciate it, considering that they
  more... believe they're calling into a billing specialist, and then find out that you're there to make sales on top of assisting them with the bills.

If your schedule somehow becomes messed up (which happens often), good luck getting the attendance points fixed because of the error. You'll walk around for a few weeks, teetering on the fence between employed and fired, as your points get very close to the limit that Convergys will place on you.

The co-workers are very friendly, and are not afraid to include you in their conversations; it's a very diverse group, and all seem to get along perfectly. If you've been there for awhile, new agents will ask you questions left and right.

The hardest part of the job is getting used to the managers either being way too hands-on with your performance, or the opposite, where they want you to make changes in your performance but don't want to give you the assistance or advice you would need.

Agents are fairly rewarded by their sales, seeing a bonus at the end of every month on their checks and daily pulls from a snack cart, which rotates throughout the day with varying junk foods and drinks.

The upper management folks take the time to get on a first name basis with all of the floor agents, and there is an open door policy (more like a swinging door, however, as word seems to travel right back out the door if you report something... you may or may not find yourself being chastised for using the open door policy, however, depending on whom you have reported to and what it was about)
Pros
fun environment, fairly rewarded for sales, friendly co-workers
Cons
cliquey management, poor supervisory skills, very loud in certain areas of the building
Terrible company to work for
Customer care representative/sales (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 1, 2015
Overall, my experience at Convergys was not fantastic.
At first, I liked it, when it was still Stream. For about 3-4 months I did enjoy the job, my supervisor was fantastic and always willing to help, and so were my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers,they made the job worth it.
However, around the 4th month of my working there, my supervisor decided to pursue other opportunities (Which I cannot blame her for) and we all supported her. However, when she left, they left us to another manager, whom was supposed to be on a two week vacation for her honeymoon, but she never came back.
For one week my team was completely without a manager. Finally, they gave us am agent who had been working there or at least two years, and they were going to promote him to manager which we were very excited about.Every day he would give us the opportunity to review what he had done well and what we would like him to work on. Overall, we agreed he was very helpful and we all gave him tasks to help make us better at our jobs. We all decided we were going to get a little sheet of paper, and he was going to give us little stars for what we did right, and when we accomplished what we were supposed to work on, we would get a star. (We all agreed on this as a team.) However, two weeks later, a colleague and myself came in to start our day (we were the fist to arrive, we had the earliest schedule) and they informed us that we would no longer be on his team, and we were again, going to be split it. They did so the next day, and didn't even inform our leader that he was going
  more... to lose his team until we were all gone.

After this, they had put me on another team manager's team, which was alright. I had been paired with a few people I had enjoyed being around when I initially started my training class. However, this manager didn't seem to care about any of his team members. I had been recently diagnosed with a chronic pain disease, which he understood, but didn't seem to really acknowledge at all. After about two weeks, this manager had not helped me in any way, After these two weeks I had a terrible flare up that had left me bed-ridden for a while, This manager had never cared to provide me with his phone number, nor had he asked any of my team members for my contact information, which many of them had, leaving me to call the front desk and alert them there that I would not be in today.
After about a week of not being able to contact my manager (I had asked the front desk to transfer my call to my manager, however they did not have the capability of doing so) HR contacts me and asks me why I have not been in contact with my manager, instead of asking me why I hadn't been in to work in a week. They didn't seem to care that I had a disability that left me bed-ridden,only that I hadn't been in contact with my manager, and even after that, he never tried to contact me himself.

Overall, the companies management was very lacky, and unprofessional. The bonus system was left to be desired and pretty much impossible to bonus off of, and with that said, they also didn't pay us our bonus for several months, which led to a site-wide "sales boycott". The co-workers were the only thing that made it possible to work there.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Management, work balance, overall mistreatment of its employees.
Call center with many incentives and benefits
Inbound Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2013
Usually, in other career paths I would go to sleep dreading to have to wake up and return to a place of chaos and disorder, among other things. However my experience with Convergys was quite different. They make sure to provide training for the different positions that they offer. Rather than droning on in a boring way, the trainers make sure to encourage interaction from the trainees. By doing this it made the session interesting and the lessons learned was retained in a way that made them easier to recall when a situation arises. I've also learned how to be patient with customers in distress and irate. It was a skill that i was already proficient in but working at Convergys enhanced what was already instilled in me. Convergys also stressed having good time management, or producing positive results in a short amount of time.

There were a few discrepancies that I noticed and they mainly had to deal with management or floor supervisors. Most lacked critical thinking skills and efficient work ethics. I'm not sure how they were promoted to their posts but I believe they didn't receive the training that was required to fill the position. A few were liked and even looked up to. Those few took the time to help their subordinates achieve there goals and to bring out the best in them by working closely with them and giving constructive criticism, rather than berating and ignoring them. the others however showed no initiative in encouraging growth and increasing productiveness in their subordinates. Yes, there is a responsibility to look out for the company's interest as management
  more... but one will also have the responsibility to support and bring out the best in talent among their underlings to ensure that the industry runs smoothly and not waste time and money in training cost.

Since Convergys was a diverse workplace, my co-workers came from all walks of life. There was something to be learned from everyone. Because there was a high turn around in employment most of us tried not to get attached to one another. Then again since there was a lack in floor leadership, bonds were formed through the need of co-workers asking each other for helpful insight on how to perform their duties in assisting customers with their needs and wants.

The hardest part of the job for me was understanding broken English with heavy accents. This issue caused problems with time management. Talk time was increased 30% by not being able to understand the customer clearly. There are other parts of this job that were equally as hard such as detaching emotional faculties when an emergency call was received. It's hard to listen to a customer crying out in pain and confusion as they try to comprehend the fact that they have been involved in an accident. I performed my job flawlessly but my nerves were shot after the call. One can pretty much attest that I was emotionally and physically drained.
Pros
bonuses, and prizes were awarded as incentives every quarter, cafeteria located at sight, indoors atrium, gym.
Cons
micromanagement, unstable intra-communications system, poorly trained management. revolving door (loosing more employees than they train)
Micr-manage, recruiters lie, management lies, greedy atmosphere
Tier 2 IP Tech Support (Former Employee) –  @ homeDecember 20, 2012
This company holds their management to no business ethics or for that matter moral ethics. Asking questions which is encouraged during interviews will result in everything you want to hear, however nothing that is factual. Recruiters lie to potential new hires. Management lies to employees. I was told I was being hired for a tech support position. The title of the position was Tier 2 IP Tech Support. During my interview I asked recruiter if there were quotas to meet regarding sales. I was told no. I asked if any numbers whatsoever, regarding sales were expected of agents in this position. I was told no. Soft up-sells are required when appropriate but with no expectations or numbers to meet, I was told. I went through training. During last week of training, sales is mentioned and that one sale a month is required for this position. I immediately wrote my trainer & HR regarding my conversation with the recruiter. Basically told doesn't matter what I was told this is what the job requires. During transition I was told one sale a week is required. First day of production I was told one sale a day is required and a sale must be offered on every call. Basically, the position went from a tech support position to a sales position, and it was not soft up sells, it was hard core sales. All of a sudden nobody in management cared about the customer who is calling with issues or if his issues are resolved. They barely pay over minimum wage, they want you sell to irate customers, and best yet, they don't pay you for everything you sell, and the bone they do throw should you sell one particular  more... item is an insult.
This company boasts about their 'technically advanced' systems. They may have been technically advanced when people were using Windows 98, however in this day, they are at best archaic. Additionally, their VPN is slower than molasses. It is also archaic. But I suppose that is to better micro-manage their agents.
This company is just a typical call center mill that hires just about anyone out of desperation, rather like throwing stuff on a wall to find out what will stick. They show no respect whatsoever to agents, they encourage employees to keep communications open with management, and when that is attempted employees are put on ignore. Typical day at work in their @ home call center: You must be logged in exactly at your starting time, however it takes sometimes up to 15 minutes to be totally logged in because you must log in to 6 different programs (all of which have different log in names & different passwords) and you are doing so via their VPN which is overloaded & bloated. This means you must begin logging in at minimum 15 minutes prior to start time and you do NOT get paid for that. The system you work within frequently locks up or boots you out of all the programs and/or the system, you must log back in which again can take up to 15 minutes, which of course you are not paid for. I learned this: The client that I took calls for is in the top 10 in the US for worst customer service. This job taught me why. There was nothing enjoyable about this job or this company whatsoever.
Pros
lunch and breaks
Cons
too many to list
A place where it's convinent to work and gain experience.
Customer Service HSI repair Adviser (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 13, 2013
Convergys is a job, it helps plenty for needing one and the company itself will hire you as long as you know how to use a computer in some way/form. Training consists of a few weeks, mainly getting familiar with the work environment as well as seeing how long you last. Generally training wasn't much demanding or intense in the least bit. In short, learn the policies, systems and just how to approach someone on the call.

I've actually been moved to multiple departments (change is something you'll have to grow used to while working here). As of right now I work in Video repair, expect anywhere from 40-50 calls a day (relatively short calls, depending on whom you get). You have your metrics to meet and you get commissions if you do enough sales and if you're meeting your metrics (which is nice, but meeting your metrics in full requires mostly luck, because again, you'll never know who you'll have on the phone. One day will be spectacular, the next could be a void of sadness). It's just something to get used to and it takes just a few months of getting used to stuff.

The company offered "decent" training courses, however you won't learn anything till you start taking calls. Once you start though, things can get a bit intense, and depending on what department your in, things can get tough and you won't have help.

Management varies, some really care about their job and some are very lenient, however I personally know this because I've been through five bosses. In the end they normally help out.

Co-workers are generally decent if they made it past training (you can sort of tell
  more... who'll make it). It's normally professional.

The hardest part surprisingly isn't the angry people, the metrics or the massive amount of calls. No, the hardest part is the change. Because it happens so frequently you have to change what you yourself were doing in the first place, or the use of an additional system that may or may not help you but you still have to have it anyway. The change effects the other things I mentioned weren't the hard parts. It can hurt your metrics as well as make someone more annoyed on a phone call, I mean with a little time you can manage, until the next change comes.

The most enjoyable part is the commission, it's incredibly easy to sell things and that adds extra to your wallet and earnings.

While you can find other jobs that pay you more than Convergys, it's a good place to start. Advancing doesn't work the way you think it does. You can meet your metrics and have awesome sales, but if you have a bad immune system and get sick consistently and don't happen to have insurance to prove this, you will not advance up. Yes, your stats are only part of it, it's generally towards how often you're at work.

It's not the greatest place ever, but it's not a bad job. If you can't keep up you'll get left behind is sort of the feeling.
Pros
decen't pay, minimum hiring requirements, commisions, clean, keeps you busy
Cons
constant change, advancment contradictions, training should have been more interactive and realistic, should have a paperwork sent if you do need insurance because the employee website might be down.
Great place to work if you Love Stress and Bad MANAGEMENT !
IRU _ SALES (Current Employee) –  Pharr , TexasSeptember 6, 2014
It's like any other call center job during training, they have all the managers and trainers come in and tell you there success story. How you can make it to the top in this company and we promote 79 % within the business. The Trainers believe there the best but honestly most of what you learn from this 10 week training class is how much B.S. they taught you that has no relevance to whats going on in the production floor.
Managers that are overworked so they cant focus on improving new agents so its a sick or swim environment. They will teach you involve to resolve, but when you try the method and ask your T>L. for help they will always tell you MY CSP ! LOL you will get sick of hearing this acronym!

Your held responsible for something called WTR ! Willingness to Recommend ! which the equation for the metric makes absolutely no sense. Customers are always mad because att store reps will mislead and straight lie to the customers and mis inform them about charges and manipulate by lying to them to get the sale , so in result the customer will call 611 , and get you on the line and then curse you out for the core store reps mischievous tactics to get more commissions ! they remind me of used car salesmen that your parents always tell you about to stay away from. then after you try to do everything to make the customer happy 9 out of 10 times the customer will give you a bad survey which impacts your job stability at this company ! You will always be written up , and never coached about anything positive. they will only pull you off the phone when you get something called a detractor
  more... which is a bad survey , they will listen to your call on speakers so the people around you in a 20-30 ft radius can hear your call. Very unprofessional and kinda childish. Then the TL> will tell you some B.S. that doesnt' help you , They want people called tenure agents. what they don't understand is you have to mold and teach people to be tenure agents . you can't just expect to automatically learn 18 different systems and using them all simultaneously and multi task while being yelled at by the cusomter for someone elses mistake because they didn't know the system , rudely being side busted with TL trying to coach you while your on the call !!, and while they scream every time a agent makes a sale !!! its childish , unprofessional and honestly reminds me of boiler room the movie.

Its a cycle of Bad Inconsistent Management , and very poor hirring and selection of agents. It seems like they will hire anyone with 6 month customer service experience !! Run the other way , do not go through the rotating doors ! LOL Oh yea you will get sick about 10 times through the year if you make it that long. The entire call center shares headsets. we don't have individual headsets or designated seating , so its like a public restroom as a office or working area. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN before CONVERGYCS SUCKS THE SOUL OUT OF YOU !!!!
Pros
you get to call in sick 12 times before you get the can
Cons
everything / 30 min lunches / underpaid !!!
ONLY IF YOU ARE "DESPERATE" SHOULD YOU APPLY HERE
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2014
This is the worse job I have ever had. Where do I begin? If you like being told one thing but observe quite the opposite, this is the job for you. This I was told is more of a job for young kids getting their feet wet in the job force. It's not. The rules explained to employees in training is just a puff of air. Waste of time to have to listen to. It touts itself as a "Professional" work place with a code of conduct and dress code. People come in strapless dresses with no bras, with jackets over them thinking they are presentable. Are you going to a club or a street walker? No one knows what a slip is. Guys, and some girls, underpants sticking out. Breast overflowing everywhere. People wearing pj, slippers, using blankets, wearing coats, hoodies, ball caps. It's gross!! People sleeping throughout their shifts and supervisors not saying a word.

Work ethic is not always the way to move up. If you are a brown noser you will proably do great. The pay is awful in regards to what is expected of you. They dont pay enough on the project for all they expect you to do. You are told "first call resolution", meaning to get the customers issue taken care of the first time, but then, you are told "you are not here to fix the customers problem, if you can't fix it, send a truck". This is exactly what the customers dont want to happen. They dont want to pay for a tech to come out to their home when the problem only takes seconds to fix. The customer service rep just needs to be patient enough to work with the customer. You have to listen to customers put you and the company project you are
  more... working on down. They will cuss you out big time and you still have to "smile". No one should have to take being degraded by a customer day in and day out, hour after hour.

The atmosphere was the pits. People talking, laughing out loud while others were trying to take care of customers. Profanity being thrown all around. Supervisors saying they didnt hear it because they have their noise cancelling headphones on so they dont have to listen to it.

They couldn't get a lot of peoples time corrected correctly a lot of times. They would have to wait for the next pay to see the correction. The hours really were atrocious. They were suppose to have schedules out three weeks in advance. A lot of the time schedules were not out until a few days before the schedule started. You could not plan your life with that. If you have a sick child, you get a point for calling in, if you couldn't find someone to switch schedules with you. Schedules were being switched constantly without speaking to the employee.
The points they give in regards to attendance were given or corrected depending on how well you are liked, what mood the supervisor was in.

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
"it's a job" if you can call it that, and that's not even a pro.
Cons
profanity laced conversations customers can hear, supervisors hiding so they dont have to deal with employees, co-workers ditching calls, sleeping on the job, too hot, too cold. they treat people by how they like them. if you are not well liked you get picked on.
encouraging only to those who are able to perform well with sales
WAH BGI Agent (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 23, 2014
I am currently employeed however due to latency issues from the work servers to my computer am being constantly told if I do not find a way to fix the problem I will be terminated I spent hundred of dollars to have new cabling ran to my home inside & out got new modem ethernet cords upgraded internet speeds to highest level available trying to do what I can to resolve the issue we ran multiple ping tests to confirm where the problem was located and to different servers the only server the test ever fails when pinging to is the Convergys server I have been told by internet provider it is something that needs to be fixed on the employers server. However since latency does have to do with internet whether its coming from me or from the corporate servers I am being told is my responsibility. My technician even ran tests to find which area server was causing the delay & it was/is located somewhere in Washington DC i live I Norman, OK. I do understand that there are people out there who may take advantage of a position being able to work at home however I feel that after more than 8yrs of loyalty the company should be willing to try a little harder to help get the problem resolved. Each time the problem occurs I am forced to clock out but still call the Convergys help desk or my isp and troubleshoot the issue for the full length of my shift yet I do not get paid for any of this time even when it is confirmed by the convergys service desk to be a convergys server issue I was not compesated for the time spent trying to resolve the issue. If this were the first time it had happened it  more... might not be so upsetting but this has happened before less than a couple months ago and we troubleshot the issue for 3 days in which I was made to be available during scheduled work hours but told I could not clock in to be paid for the time. The after 3 days it was found to not have anything to do with my internet & the problem was resolved until last week. A typical day for me for the last year has been dealing with either technical issues and not getting paid and being told that I can be terminated at anytime. I truely loved working for this company when I started, the people I worked with were like a 2nd family. Over time that has changed. My doctor says I have a medical condition that I will have for the rest of my life that causes migraines so intermittantly I may need to take off work for this, the doctor filled out the required paperwork for FMLA and I was told until I had a yr with working at least 1250hrs then the company would not approve the doctor requested FMLA. I had originally been scheduled for 40 hrs a week which was fine but then with the mandaotry OT I sd to cut back hours since my FMLA was being denied to 30 hrs a week and still mandatory OT was being added putting me back up to 35 hrs I try again for FMLA and still being denied.  less
Pros
for someone who can exceed at sales, the bonus
Cons
short break, non stop calls, non stop threat of termination if ales performance doesn't increase, attendance policy
Excellent place to work if you want to always be learning something new. It's seldom a boring day at this company.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 23, 2015
A Typical Day at Work: This usually started with people calling to have their accounts activated. During that time, there were a lot of questions about the various programming packages and pricing. About an hour into the shift, however, the calls changed from customer service to technical support. This involved a variety of things -- solving programming problems, scheduling service calls, and ordering equipment.

What I learned: I learned how to be patient with people who are not happy to be calling you. Many of them were irritated (because they were having technical difficulties of various types). The most important thing I learned was not to take anything personally if the customer is angry. Instead, the most important thing you could do was to take responsibility for whatever happened (even if it's not really your fault), assure the customer that something will be done, then tell them what will be done, and then make sure that it is done. That's usually enough to please the most irritated people. The worst thing you could ever do (and you avoid this like the plague) is to argue or (worse) to tell the customer to settle down. That only makes them more angry. And that's the last thing they need. And the last thing you need too.

My Co-workers: These were usually people who were just out of high school or who were in college. There were some really old people as well, who worked there to keep themselves busy after retirement, or to supplement their retirement. Most of my co-workers were very supportive, because it's a high stress job. Therefore, everybody
  more... sympathizes with everyone else and is quick to give encouragement, especially in the form of knowledge. Knowledge was critical, since much of the information could only be learned by experience (it was not written anywhere).

The Hardest Part of the Job: Letting people know that their equipment is owned, not rented. This was a surprise to many of the customers, because of the fee ($5) tacked on to each additional receiver in the household. Many of the customers accidentally assumed it was a rental fee, so it was rather infuriating for them when they discovered that it was not. But the anger came only when the equipment had to be replaced. Since they owned the equipment, they had to pay for the replacement. Typically, it was enough (to calm the customer down) if you expressed that you understood the confusion, and then explained that many people are similarly confused. After that, they'll typically listen and calm down.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Constant learning. The procedures, and the technologies for this job, were constantly changing. Even the systems that we used were frequently updated, which was almost like learning them all over again. It kept you on your toes, and made you somewhat adept at learning on the fly.
Pros
Always learning something new; Having to know multiple systems and technologies.
Cons
It was very stressful, so it could sometimes be exhausting.
WORST JOB EVER
CSR Tech Support Non Smartphones/ Warranty (Current Employee) –  Welland OnMay 1, 2013
I started at Convergys in April of 2010 worst job ever! The city I'm in has a lot of unemployment, so there are many people with university degrees and college diplomas working as CSR"s in our center.

To give a brief background of myself. I'm a guy in my mid 20"s recent college grad from pre-health. I worked in retail management for 6 years prior to this, I have also worked in a retirement home as a Personal Support Worker. The reason I wanted to mention to past is to compare on my past experiences and the differences between my current employment at Convergys.

I have never once at a previous job ever been " written up" for anything. I consider myself a hard working individual. I put everything I can into resolving each call. I have never had so much difficulty with doing a job before. Convergys is very big on the ACE survey they send to the customers, and stats. For example, if you receive a Ace survey ANY lower then 10/10, your Team Leader will go over the call with a fine tooth comb and look for ANY REASON YO WRITE YOU UP, or as Convergys calls it..... A Progressive Counseling Letter (PCP) btw if you get 2 PCPs within a year period, then next step is employment review, (meaning termination of employment). Which I have witnessed this with many co-workers. Taking calls is like tip-toeing on thin ice, it is next to impossible to follow EVERY one of there redicules policies. Hoping that the Customer does not give you a bad Ace survey, because if they do, the reps job is on the line. The bottom line is, Convergys may offer 40 hours a week, but it is a terrible job, living in
  more... fear that you can and likely will be fired at any given time, for any given reason. Not to mention having to assist people with areas we are not trained in, the help isn't there when you ask for it. MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE. All they are there for is to give out Progressive Counseling Letters. Its negative, the whole environment is. On one hand we are being told to Not under any circumstances waive activation fees, but if you get a bad ACE because of it, your getting a PCP for "Tools Usage" a general term they use to describe when they believe we didn't use Tools to resolve customer concerns. There is no support from management, how can they tell us to enforce policies,if they aren't there to back us up on them. The ACE survey is taken way out of context. It is important to have Customer feedback, but they need to understand that there will be negative feedback from time to time. if a rep is not doing there job multiple times, it would make sense to give them a PCP, but why must they right up people for Absolutely EVERYTHING! We try our best, they work us like dogs, there is zero appreciation, and all focus is 100% of the time on what was done incorrectly as oppose to the good surveys and what was done correctly.

Perhaps in other centers there are less problems, but in the Welland On center, this is the truth
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
most despicable place to ever work EVER! DONT WORK HERE!!!!
Tech Support, Comcast (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 10, 2013
its the worst job decision youll EVER make! im still employed here out of simple desperation ....in other words just for a paycheck nothing more. this place is ran like a prison and the managers act like as such as well. they dont care how sick you might be, if your having issues in your life whatever you can actually be puking and they will tell you to stay ont he phones....and make more sales. ALL the managers want you to do your best not for your benefit mind you but for theres so they look good and make more money while they couldnt care less what you go through long as your making them money. the managers are VERY selfish,cocky,arrogant. if you ever need or want help they basically look at you laugh give you both middle fingers and walk off. if they see something on your desk they dont like they will take it and throw it away no mater what it might be theyve also been know to just take your cell phone from you like its back high school and no they dont give it back. they dont scehedule correctly and like to change your scedhelue whike your off the clock and not at work then when you come in the next work day your scheduled you have a missed day on your record which they refuse to fix. they do give pto(paid time off) but good luck getting it unless fo course your a college kid then you can get it anytime you want it but the normal employee it takes MONTHS sometimes to get any of the time you have for vacation even if its a emergency. they could care less if your comfortable working there they keep the ac literally about 40 degrees all the time summer and winter if you ask  more... them to tunr the cooling up so its a bit warmer (say 65?) they just again give you the big fu look and walk off, the equipment and computers supplied to do your job is about 13 years old andnever works and constantly crashes and god forbid if youhave to change computers they expect a literall 2 min tunraround for you to be on anonther pc ready to go even if theyre other pc wont turnon before about 10 mins. i could go on and on about this "employment" place they call a employer but im warning you now you work here at your own risk !!!! if your looking for a paycheck i still say look somewhere else this place aint worth it! o and one last word they offer "upgrades" at the place to do other job such as take supervisor calls which btw IS NOT required and they also dont pay any more for you to do this position not one red cent nor if you learn other skill sets you get not one more red cent for learning other skills, all in all this is the WOSRT PLACES on the planet to work ive literally never seen worse in all my working days im just there till i find anohter job and then im gone........work here at your own risk but youve been warned on avarage most people who startthis week quit inside of 3 weeks later. WORST MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYER ever!!!  less
Pros
none...a paycheck
Cons
not enough space to say everything......
Consistent work at home ; just a job
Customer Service Representative I & II (Former Employee) –  Convergys Work from Home AT&T Mobility SupportJuly 31, 2013
Disorganized management.
"The Client" consistently used as easy scapegoat for policy changes.
Virtual office politics are as bad as real time office politics.
Very poor communication between various departments and levels of management.

Great as "just a job" if you don't mind being treated lie a "human resource" and nothing more.

Work from home for large national mobility customer; small business end user care. A typical day at work begins with logging into the various secure systems necessary which can take up to 20 minutes however, you are only permitted into the last tier 5 minutes before shift start.

Convergys systems unreliable. Help desk in India with commensurate verbal communication issues. Help desk generally blames "your system," or "your computer," if they are unable to find a generic fix.

Convergys servers unreliable.

Through the experience I learned quite a few new platforms and applications plus a good bit about mobile technology.

Management is weak. Except for few and very far in between - Management more resembles middle school student government more than corporate management.

Little is known or experienced with co-workers in a virtual work environment.

Hardest part of the job are the terrible shifts. If you want consecutive or decent days off you're looking at late hours or split shifts which makes any work/life balance, or even a minimal social life, next to impossible. By the time you log in and out; finish notating files at the end of the day, working overtime so you can make ends meet....Its just too much time at home.

WARNING - It is NOT appropriate
  more... to be babysitting children, have family or pets around etcetera. You will be professionally representing any of a number of national clients. Do NOT think this work can be done around you home life. It cannot.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the customers who appreciated my willingness and effort to truly help them.

Very frustrating to attempt to truly help customers - necessary to wade through a sea of both Convergys and client corporate policies which never seem to be adhered to by the other countless third party providers servicing the same client.

This is a win/win for Convergys and also for whomever the client may be. Your equipment must already be or be upgraded and maintained to their specs; your internet connection; phone connection; electricity; office furnishings; building, etc. is all on YOU. The scope of the savings to at the corporate level is staggering. Virtual workers pay the price for huge corporate savings. Customers pay the price via inconsistently applied "policies."

Employees are "human resources" and nothing more, here.
Pros
work from home - no commute, no auto expenses
Cons
minimum wage for maximum expectations.
STAY AWAY!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2015
I work on the Directv project. A typical day at work is getting back to back to back calls. You never ever really get a break in between. When you are first hired, you are totally lied to by the recruiters. We started out with about 25 people in our training class, and by the 2nd month, we were down to less than 10 people. That's all because it was discovered that we were all were lied to by the recruiters.

Training will be for 1 month. On the job training starts the 2nd month, so for those 2 months, you will work M-F, 10:00am - 6:30pm EST...off every weekend. After those 2 months, BEWARE! You will only get schedules that are 12:00pm - 8:30pm (YES 2ND SHIFT) - you can say goodbye to 1st shift FOREVER, and your schedule WILL change every week. You will NOT have the same off days each week, and most of the time, they will be split off days...meaning you will work AT LEAST 1 weekend day EVERY WEEK (possibly two). Also, be prepared to at least once per week having 1 hr of mandatory overtime (usually tacked on to the end of your shift). So when that recruiter lies to you and tell you the latest you will ever work is until 8:30pm EST...NOT! Could sometimes be 9:30pm.

You are also told to FAKE it 'til you MAKE it once you are on the phones. In other words...tell the customers what they want to hear whether it's right or not. I'm just sayin'...

If you are assigned to BGI (billing and general inquiries), be prepared to deal with upset and irate customers all day everyday! Because Directv practices not being "upfront" about pricing with their potential customers,
  more... the BGI representatives get ALL the backlash from the customers.

One of the hardest parts of the job is when you need assistance from your TL (team lead) or a Supervisor, you have to wait FOREVER which means that your customer has to wait FOREVER which takes up your AHT (average handle time) which they hound you about all the time. TL's, Supervisors, Management - EVERYTHING is NOT always in AAC (agent answer center), so when we reach out for your help and when you finally decide to assist us, STOP telling us to check AAC. Trust me-we have already checked because we are dreading having to come to wait for help from YOU! It's ridiculous!

The most enjoyable part of the job is the two 10 min breaks and 30 min lunch break each day. Oh yeah, and CLOCKING OUT...

Last, but not least...there is no work/home balance. How can there be when you work 2nd shift?? My son is at school when I start work, and it's time for him to go to bed when I get off work. Tell me where the flexibility is in that? At least give us a day shift to work once per month so we can spend the evenings with our families! We can't event spend Saturday's with our families because you have us working ALL day then too...
Pros
work at home, work in pj's and get paid for it, UTO and PTO
Cons
everything else
It's alright for a job with income while looking for a better job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 21, 2015
They do not train you on everything that they want you to do on the job. They have unrealistic expectations. They want you to do lots and lots of things while you are on each phone call but they want you to do it in less time than is possible to do it all. They do not offer sick leave and it's extremely difficult to use paid time off that you earn. Most of the time when you take voluntary go home because they have too many people scheduled, then you are able to change that to paid time off. But actually requesting to have a day off and get paid for it with paid time off is nearly impossible!!! If you quit or get fired, you do not get paid for the paid time off you have accumulated. And you don't get paid for maternity leave. A co-worker is having to go 6 weeks without pay until her baby is 6 weeks old and she's able to stay at a day care. Most supervisor's have huge egos and that's always very annoying!!!! They lie to you in training, telling you that everyone really cares about you but they really don't. There's a reason they are always hiring. They intentionally have huge turnover there because they get paid more for it. So they set you up to fail so that either you quit or they fire you. They have a point system and if you get 12 points, they will fire you. They claim there are lots of chances to earn points back but I've been working there for 6 months now and we only had 1 day where we earned a point back. If you have to go to the doctor, you will get a partial point, depending on how long you are gone. They claim they will give you that partial point back if you bring  more... them a doctor's note but in most cases they don't. They fired one co-worker because she had 12 points, although she should've earned at least 2 points back because of doctor notes. And she has cancer. Another co-worker is trying to get her divorce finalized and she had to take a point for leaving work and going to court for the divorce. They have very little compassion. One co-worker was throwing up in the bathroom, our supervisor heard her but it still took that co-worker at least an hour to go home without getting a partial point. And she had to drive to Plainview. And another time she had an allergic reaction to something, broke out and had some swelling, took her allergy medicine, which makes her drowsy and they still weren't going to let her go home without earning a point. I think she ended up leaving an hour early and taking a partial point. Had to drive an hour home while drowsy. I would not recommend working for Convergys!!!!!!!!!!  less
Cons
Treat employees horrible, unrealistic expectations, set you up to fail, can't take off easily if you are sick, there is a reason for the extreme high turn over there and it's not a good reason at all!!!!!!
Customer Service Representative - Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 4, 2014
I enjoy working in the field of customer service, because it allows me to be able to assist others. Although routinely the same system(s) or program's were used each day, a typical work day at Convergys, for me, was never routine, yet always a new experience because working in a call center that was based on inbound calls, each call was different from the: type of assistance needed,solution(s) or option's offered in resolving and or satisfy the customer the customer needs. I have always enjoyed being able to work with others, such as, co-workers as well as working along with my customer, either over the phone or face to face. Customer service Representative, was the position that I was hired threw as when I began my employment with Convergys. After being advanced to different tier's of level of support, I began to manage my own team, where I was then promoted to the position of being a Team Leader. While working as a team leader, I loved working in that position because of the responsibilities,leadership and role. Being in a position that I was able to not only assist customers, but also employees, in ways that they would allow them to be able to better themselves, feel motivated, capable of being able to achieve performance levels and personal work goals, improve in work ethnics from the employers and or clients views but as well as in overall customer satisfaction. Working with Convergys, was an enjoyable and rewarding experience for me, in managing my own team and as being a member of management, even when at times I was faced with duties that were not hard, yet challenging  more... at times; in being able to ensure that in completion of my duties as management to my team, roles as management while being on work duty, as well as to the client, ensuring agents that worked within my team were adequately given time for: coaching on work skills and ethnics,developed on performance and goals threw monitored progress,as well as in handling personal concerns or questions. Taking on the position of team lead, I knew it would carry more responsibilities, but this was also my first time in a position were i was managing my own team and as a member of management. Working with Convergys, I learned many things, from the importance of management in their roles and responsibilities, not only from the employer or clients stand point, but as well as for non management employees and or other employees that worked within other departments.  less
Pros
being able to train and teach others in areas of improvement, being professional leading by example and to always make each employee fell valued.
Cons
time management, within the sites roles and duties set for team leaders.
Diverse Workplace with many Pros and Cons
Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Convergys is a workplace that is very diverse and has several projects available to work on. I worked on the TruGreen project initially and a typical work day on this project consisted of an agent auditing inbound calls from customers interested in having their lawn serviced and also making outbound calls to save former customers. My co-workers on this project were very enjoyable to work with and I became close with most of them, forming a family-like environment which made it extremely exciting to come and work everyday. That would definitely be the most enjoyable part of the job.

Management was also very professional and empathetic. I would become close to many of them as well. They were fair, honest and respectful and made sure you knew what you needed to know in order to complete your job and if there was something you didnt know and had a question about, they were more than willing to help you out and answer your question to the best of their ability.

The next project I worked on was the AT&T project. This project's typical workday consisted of servicing customers via inbound calls where they may have a multitude of concerns or questions regarding their landline, mobile, TV, or internet bill. What I learned from this project was that there is an oppurtunity to help people with their home entertainment. Management was very unprofessional and at times unethical. Even as a brand new agent, you were expected to know just about everything and if you had a question most offline agents werent enthused to help. My co-workers from my training class were a blast to work with as
  more... once again we formed a family-like environment that makes work such a joy, however, the agents that were already on the sales floor when we arrived werent very professional or polite to customers, management, or other co-workers.

The hardest part of this project is definitely the stress that comes with it. There is a lot on your plate here from TELCO, Uverse, Internet, Home Phone, mobile phone, and basic grandfathered services, there is a lot of different systems you must pull up and memorize. On top of that you also have to do everything in a timely manner as the customer surely will not appreciate long wait times or neglect. It can become stressful very fast as this is a fast-paced environment and after one call you will receive another within seconds (within a few minutes on a slow day) so I would have to say that is the toughest thing to deal with on the AT&T project at Convergys.

Overall Convergys is not a bad place to work at it just depends on which project you work on.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
stressful environment with certain projects
Good benefits, but that's about it. VERY mediocre place to work.
Customer Resolution and Troubleshooting Rep (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOApril 1, 2013
My problem with Convergys is the lack of training and organization which made it stressful for new starts like myself.

I was hired as a troubleshoot/billing rep covering FOUR (4) lines of business, and my training class was one month long.

---It was too much useless and irrelevant information given out unpredictably and sporadically! You would think 4 lines of business over a course of one month would be 1 week to cover each one. Nope, it bounced back and forth the entire training period. It's hard to retain and absorb information when it's being thrown at you out of order! The sad part about it all is that they don't want you to retain anything, but to refer to their knowledge base that doesn't have everything you need specifically for that call--OR would take too long to dig through and read while the customer is on the line.

---There was absolutely NO role play simulation of what calls would be like or how to handle them. We pretty much had to think back when we would personally call our service provider and think of what the reps would say to us.

---We didn't even get all of our IDs even after we went onto the production floors! We had to borrow our team leader's unique ID to log my entire training class in because no one could access the troubleshooting tool! (The most critical one, at that!)

---Dress code and cell phone policies are a joke! No one follows them, I see people talking on their phones in the hallways, quads, and bathrooms. I see people walking around with tube tops, leggings, and other clubbing outfits--and it's an every day thing. Although it's true
  more... we don't know how close they are to being fired, but it's hard to take them seriously when you see constant abusers of the policy!

---Timekeeping is incredibly strict, even for me. I'm particularly someone who is rarely late, but being only one minute late, I'm considered tardy? Really?

---HR/Recruiting did not tell us schedules rotated! If you have an interview with Convergys, specifically ask if schedules rotate! This is a major blow for me. I enjoy my personal time away from work, having me work mornings one week, then afternoons the other, then mornings again, then evenings is not a good work/life balance and I ultimately had to quit--on top of the stress I got from being ill-prepared and thrown to the wolves to fend for myself.
Pros
benefits, vendors
Cons
hash timekeeping system, rotating shifts, unorganized management/client, does not enforce rules unless you upright attack someone or steal, unorganized training
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2015
A typical day at this job was walking in to work lugging a backpack on your shoulders carrying everything that you will need for this day. I would sit down at my desk and pull anything out that I needed right away. I went though weeks of training to learn the multitude of things needed to perform my job and still didn't feel as if I knew all that I needed to know. I was placed on the phones working with customers who wanted to make changes to their tv service. The management was sometimes easily capable of locating but other times were away from their desks. Floor support was your access to leaving if you were unable to stay at work due to an illness or an emergency. Nine times out of ten you were told to remain in your seat and return to your calls if needed to leave due to sickness. You would be in a group chat with your team and team leader (management) but if not found at their desk, your best resource was the others on your team. My co-workers whom I was the closest with which were my team members were very helpful when it was possible. Taking calls back to back and doing everything to listen to the customer didn't provide much help for your team members when it was needed though. The hardest part of the job was keeping stats up at all times. If you took a break and went one or two minutes over due to a line at the bathroom then your stats would go down. If you were late coming back from lunch due to all of the microwaves being taken up with a line for each of them then your stats would go down. If you left your seat with no break or lunch period allowed but needed a bathroom  more... break, your stats would go down. What kept your stats up was when you were on a call and would make incentives for up-saleing. Also, how many calls you took a day or how long each call lasted, what did you do to help the customer, if you offered all your options and still couldn't help the customer and had no other choice to transfer the call to the department that processes disconnects, it affected your stats negatively. If you didn't keep stats up on a weekly basis then you would receive a verbal warning first then a written warning before being dismissed all together. This job was very stressful and at times I was on the phones for 10-12 hours a day with a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks. At best, an ambulance was called three to five times a month for employees who had collapsed in the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was making an upsale and getting prizes. It was nice to be awarded when you did do something right.  less
The company is fun and open with training and advancement opportunities, and is casual with there policies, however very professional.
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 8, 2015
The company works by hiring clients and providing the clientele customer's with friendly and effective technical support. I was hired on in 2012 and very quickly fell in love with the companies, procedures and work loads. The company starts by offering a paid 2 weeks training course that easily fits you into your new role. A typical day at the job, included taking numerous calls from customers all around the world, our position required that we not only master all the possible issues that could arise with the consoles and devices we supported, but also provide friendly service and ensure the customer leaves feeling not only satisfied with the support, but also leaving with more than they expected to receive on the onset of the calls.

They are a friendly company that will constantly have peer reviews, to keep you on track and ensure that you are providing the best experience for every customer interaction. They also provide open opportunity advancement, from within the company, so that if an employee wished to move up or to another department they could do so at any time.

The company also has a lunch room with plenty of entertainment, including a built in cafeteria, a Pool Table, a TV with limited channel surfing, and multiple gaming consoles with various games. They host weekly and monthly events constantly and are always enticing agents to go above and beyond to acquire unique rewards along the way.

During my stay with the company I acquired skills in computer technical repair, hardware support, psychological management, software technical repair and troubleshooting
  more... skills, and I was also being groomed for a time in management, I had also spent a great deal of time training new employees.

The only downside I found with the company, is that the manager's are very lax, and not very attentive to details. The majority of the management positions do not last long and are often lost and gained very quickly, due to the open nature of the position, you as an agent can be forced to move to schedules and departments, that you may not have been interested in due to the loss and gain of clients.
Pros
In-company advancement, close proximity to many restaurants, entertainment galore, no dress code and limited desk policies.
Cons
No tolerance to lateness, uninterested management, loose position guarantee.