Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,637 reviews matching the search
Educational, Good place to get experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 22, 2017
This job has its ups and downs. Its hard taking calls all day with people who are angry but not everyone is mad. Convergys was good about proper training on how to deal with angry people. I learned how to read peoples thoughts and make them happy again. I gained much knowledge on computers, software and hardware. I was often recognized for going above my duty to satisfy customers, awards for score card excellence and often assisted in training other agents
Pros
Public contact, decent benefits and always uptraining
Cons
Weak management
difficult but managable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 21, 2017
It is all about taking calls from both polite callers and rude callers. stressed out callers, angry and upset callers. You will learn how to multifunction on the computer from using multiple screens and programs to assist the customer. Management needs to be more sensitive to the employee that need help dealing with certain customers. the hardest part of the job is pleasing some of the customers. the best part of the job is 'a satisfied customer'.
Started out ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 11, 2017
Very convenient to work from home, I worked for the low wage because when I started they were very flexible with the hours and time off. That has changed and it's really not worth it any longer. They are now riding us about stats, time off, and everything else they can think of. Which makes the very low pay ridiculous. You don't get what you need to do the job properly and management really can't answer your questions.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not having more resources, Pay
Fantastic management, work environment , and outstanding people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  erlanger kyFebruary 11, 2017
the management including team leaders/coaches/and higher level management truly cared about me as an individual and gave me outstanding help in every aspect of my job. It is hard to find jobs which gave you flexibility in terms of hours worked and off days---and the my colleagues were most helpful in helping me always with my job.
Pros
outstanding management/colleagues/benefits
Cons
highway access
It's a call center. Lol.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 25, 2017
I didn't really like it. Good money for broke Las Cruces. They neglected to tell the new hires that sales were mandatory. You can lose your job for not pushing a product we can't take a payment for or trouble shoot. So that was bad.
High turn around. My new hire group was 24, there are less than 10 left.
But.... If you're good with sales, great with people, and can handle being treated badly by customers, then come on down!
Pros
More than minimum wage, but not enough to buy a gun to end your suffering.
Cons
Can't have pens on the floor, so cutting your jugular and ending the suffering is impossible.
Paychecks were amazing but not worth the headache
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 3, 2017
I only worked here a short few months but the company didnt care about their employees, only about their customers. They were not willing to work with me about my schedule due to not having my own transportation at the time. As well as not working with other co-workers who were having issues. You were expected to show up regardless of anything going on outside of work, deaths included. The paychecks were amazing and the most I have ever made at a job but in the long run it wasnt worth all the headaches and unnecessary stress and feeling like no one could help me with work issues.
Pros
paychecks
Cons
everything else
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Apple Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 26, 2017
This company is a joke. I worked for them for over 4 years. No type of andvancement. Maybe saw one bonus since I worked there. Had to Resign because my husband received a kidney transplant and they didn't want to give me fmla or emergency leave of absence. Then when I came back to get my job back. I have to wait another year while other former employees with more points then me were getting rehired. My stats were always excellent but that didn't matter. Manager sucks and they don't care about their employees. I would not recommend this job to anyone. They will screws you.
Pros
Loved coming to work.
Cons
Upper management does not care. Your just another body that they can fill a seat with.
Good team, very friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 24, 2017
As all call centers work under pressure and we are only a number,
You're fine while you give the company and do not ask for anything
I spent a lot of time working in this company, I was very sorry to leave it especially for the friends that I left there, but the economic part made me look for other alternatives,
Is perfect for young people who are just looking for a job to pay for the basics but not for a career
Pros
It's a big family
Cons
The compensation is terrible for the work that needs to be done
Convergys, the starting end of nothingness
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 20, 2017
I have worked for the company twice. First in the late 90s and second recently. They did try and improve the conditions for work, but at the end of the day, it is still a outsourced type of job. A typical work day was people peved that their beloved TV did not work and blamed everyone else for their problems. I learned to have lots of patients and that there are better jobs out there. The local management team was pretty good. They all were nice and could accommodate most things. The client they had at the site though is not my favorite company in the world. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day was done.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
About everything else (Client Side)
Fun and productive place with mounted TVs.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 23, 2017
Working at convergys was fun I enjoyed the customer interaction I a was able to see each day. The hardest part was learning how to actually talk to people and also to learn how to troubleshoot. Working there I learned how to think outside the box when it came to customers needs. The work atmosphere was great as well the people were really friendly and nice teaching me how to be a good customer service rep. In all i would say it was one of the best places that I have ever worked at!
Its alright
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 7, 2017
I've worked there for 9 months, at the beginning it was cool you know be making good money and everything but later on i started hating that job so much the costumers can be rude af so be ready to get yelled at mostly every day be ready to figure out how to solve the costumers problem by your own they barely help you there they only help the new people, be ready to sell directv, tablets because that's what they only care about making sales they don't work with the costumers it just sucked
Pros
They give you gifts if you sell
Cons
Stress, anxiety, rude costumers
unprofessional
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Convergys strives to provide clients with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional customer service. Through customer management solutions, clients are able to reduce operational costs and increase customer satisfaction through technical support, outbound services, analytics and many other features. No matter the industry a company operates in, it is possible to boost customer management practices through Convergys industry-specific solutions. Many clients taking advantage of these solutions include those operating in
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive and fun work enviroment with friendly employees
health care support rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXFebruary 18, 2017
you would come in log in your computer and all your programs that you would need for the day.Members would call in about various questions regarding there medicare benefits.The managers and team leads where very helpful in any questions that we had. I learned a lot about insurance mostly about medicare and the process of reading claims info. I really enjoyed the friendly work environment and getting to talk to different people everyday.
Pros
good pay and always overtime available
Cons
constant shift change giving at the last minute
Turnover rate is incredible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2017
The job was decent for the most part. The managers, if you got in good with them long enough, would do their best to make sure you did well there. The pay was alright. The turnover rate though was incredible. There was always a new training class coming out onto the call floor every week. Also there was always a job fair type thing going on in the lobby. Over 100 people would come in for a job and only 20 get put in the class for training. Everyone else had to apply and interview again.
Bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 23, 2017
I worked there for 4 months and was fired for "call avoidance" aka transferring the customer to the right department that can help them. I worked in the customer service representative side and there was only so much we could do. We had numbers and were told if a customer can't be helped by us we transfer them to the department that can. I did as instructed and was fired. This job is a joke and so are the managers only the co-workers are worth staying at a place like that and to top it off HR doesn't even help it takes many calls and many constant trips to the office for anything to get done. 10/10 don't recommend.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
High call volume, sales oriented, goal focused, daily interactions with all levels of management, advanced trouble shooting skills used every day.
Customer Service Representative/Trainer/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37042January 24, 2017
Every day started with a problem with systems/software issues to be fixed so we could maintain customer service levels. I learned to be able to multi task and problem solve at all times. The hardest part of the job was trying to encourage someone who had no interest in working or assisting a customer. The best part of the job was when coaching an agent and seeing them light up when given praise for a job/goal well done.
Call center Representative
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day at work depending on what project that you work on at Convergys, you would begin taking calls. From this job I have learned patience through assisting customers with the problems/questions, dealing with the project that I was working on. Management here is horrible, at first the management is good, but after awhile the treatment of employees goes down hill very quickly, there is A LOT of favoritism at this job. The workplace culture is horrible, because of the favoritism, the work ethic of the place is outrageous because how the management treats issues that arise within the company.
Pros
Person desk
Cons
Paychecks, PTO(paid time off), HR department
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 22, 2017
I worked for Convergys in Pueblo Colorado. The entire staff is amazing! We had a completely supportive staff, with compassionate, educated, amazing upper management. It's truly a wonderful place to work.
I had extremely strict schedule restrictions while I was employed here. Upper management went out of their way, to accommodate my family life with my work schedule.
Day to day, we all worked as a team, for progress, education, and pushing one another forward to our highest potential.
We had many friendly competitions, with excellent prizes, and so many fun events.
Supervisors were never hard to find, and all had an open door policy,
Pros
Happy company!
Cons
Needed more coffee in the break room
Good workplace
Technical support Sony Xperia Phones and Tablets (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, DRFebruary 21, 2017
There's a time frame for every call and a guideline on how to handle our customers. Before starting to work, training is very specific and informative so there isn't any surprises at the moment you start handling the calls. I learned all there is to know about the phones and tablets we gave support and the workplace environment is very mellow. There was never a boring day at work and management would be there for anything you needed.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Benefits were ok but Mandatory Overtime left no time for life after work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 23, 2017
Management was not very helpful. You were punished if you didn't get your mandatory upgrades or too many downgrades. Mandatory overtime was pushed on everyone even when you already worked a 40 hour week so it was hard to have a balanced home and work life. It was a stressful job as well because customers yell a lot, which you expect, but there was never a manager to take calls when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.