2,647 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Convergys....
Call center agent (Former Employee), Erlanger, KentuckyApril 18, 2014
Pros: easy, fun
Cons: disorganization, training material
Convergys is an okay company if you are trying to gain weight and be stressed completely out. The training department was great, but once you hit transition, its like impending doom. Management, coaches, teamleads, and trainers are all on a different page (at least for the AT&T project). They lack communication between them. One person will tell you – more... that its okay to do one thing, and others say that is wrong and you have to do it like this. It is NOT a difficult job and could be quite enjoyable if they would get their stuff together. Also you can't have anything healthy at your desk besides liquids. All you are allowed to have is hard candy. If you want to gain weight, great job to have! They won't even allow dehydrated fruit. Its a little ridiculous. So not pro-health! – less
Customer service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, fair compensation, lots of overtime, fun co-workers.
Cons: high call volume leads to reduced lunches, have to stay seated all day.
A typical day at work consists of 300 inbound calls from subscribers to Onstar. My duties include: assisting customers in specific needs; navigational assistance, emergency assistance, account set-up assistance, etc. I've learned a lot more about geography, I've learned to react more quickly in urgent situations, and more customer service skills. The – more... hardest part of the job is having to sit down all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the people who call. – less
Empathy
Sales and Service Representative II (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: accommidation
Cons: short breaks and no time to log into your desktop
I really felt that this Company doesn't have its employees best interest and I do understand its the business, but it's not as compassionate as I thought.
Respectable and nice workplace with air hockey table
Customer Service Representative for EyeMed (Former Employee), Pharr, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch
Cons: it can get kind of boring at times
I was trained for about two weeks in a class room on what to expect on a call, how to handle a call, how to help the caller with their questions as well as find a members insurance information and understand it, and how to handle calls from a provider, how to authorize use of insurance benefits for providers and lastly how to remove authorizations. – more... I loved the hours because they always guaranteed my 40 hours a week. I'd spend 8 hours a day sitting at my cubicle taking phone calls from Eyemed members and providers wanting to go over benefits and authorizations for use of benefits. I'd happily oblige and worked as fast as I could because of our call handle time which is supposed to be about 3 minutes and 20 seconds. I got pretty fast at it after a while and it was fun. A couple of months later I got promoted and was trained for a week on how to handle claims and the billing part of the insurance agency. They taught me how to review claims and how to look up what the insurance covered, what the patient should have paid, and what would be reimbursed to the provider. They also taught me how to remove or edit claims. I got removed from my position because I failed to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) verify the callers information before giving out information. It was an honest mistake. Management was friendly and fair. The work place was nice. The people I worked along side with were my friends. Overall it was an excellent experience. – less
Great Place to Work
Senior Manager Hosted Operations - Client Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Great Place to work.
Great culture. International team and experience is great!
Life and Health Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Laredo, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: you meet new people
Cons: sitting down most of the time.
You get to meet a lot people.
Learned about Health Insurance
Got my Life and Health Insurance License thanks to them
Call Center
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 16, 2014
Inside sales. They were not organized and most team leads had no idea what they were doing. They made a lot of changes to ensure that you did not get commission or any incentives. They also would mess up your over time or your check and it would take for ever to get it fixed.
fast paced
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: incentives are good
Cons: doesnt pay enough for the amount of work being done.
Managers are more concerned numbers. Team Leaders are more concerned about correct data information. Everyone works as a team. Has a high turn out rate.
good people
Customer Service Resolutions (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: short breaks
The company is moving in a good direction. They are gaining great prospects.
Outgoing and fun place to work
Customer Service & Problem Resolution Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: excellent training and benefits package
Fun place to work, outgoing and encouraging managers and team leads.
Productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very short breaks sometimes no breaks
answer up to 200 calls a day gave look up destinations and gave driving directions
I learned how to use a map on csr
Hardest part of the job was trying to give correct directions in under 2min
Talking to different customers and taking them to different destinations
i loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 15, 2014
I really liked this job and hated when I had to leave. the work environment was great and the people/supervisor was great
Account Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2014
Cons: everything
Not a good place to work... nor would I recommend it. Not enough pay for the work that has to be done.
Positive, Sociable, and Fast Paced
Escelations Manager - Team Support Specialist (Current Employee), MOApril 14, 2014
During my career with Convergys Corp., I have learned the value of office relationships, and the impact it has on your individual work experience.
My role each day is to work closely with the agents on inbound calls to ensure they are performing to their best potential. This is done through peer mentoring, coaching, and encouragement based on their – more... individual strengths. To achieve the best from every agent, it is key to have a strong, positive work relationship of trust and understanding.
While I have high job satisfaction, I would not recommend this job to anyone with low stress tolerance, or low patience levels as you frequently will face situations that will test those levels.
This is, however, a great place to build your skills in multiple areas if you have the drive to succeed. – less
Set on giving great customer service
Chrysler Case Manager (Current Employee), Taylorsville UtApril 14, 2014
Pros: benefits are offered
Cons: stressful job
The job is great if you want to learn customer service and phone skills.
Productive company
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2014
I liked working at convergys I meet a lot of nice people. The work was hard but fun. I worked from home so I had good hours.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2014
Worked with customers to activate their new service and devices, processed payments, changed service plans.
convrgys
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: pay and the training
Cons: the enviornment
This job was very hectic . back to back phone calls , the job was great itself ut the enviorment was not wat im typically used to so. I did learn alot og management skills and tyhe great customer service skills.
Job Off-shored
Functional Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: used to be a great place to work
Cons: horrible management
After 12 years of loyal service my job was off-shored. Under new management, loyalty and hard work was disregarded. Happiest day of my life when I received my notice.
Professional place
Customer Service/Problem Solving Agent II (Current Employee), Arnold, MOApril 12, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: short lunches, point system
Supervisor's are easy to talk to.

Great place to work for entry level customer service.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more