Convergys
4,344 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

fast paced office work
Customer sales representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not caring about their employees
steady job, fast paced work environment. opportunity to advance if you work hard and stay long enough. consistent hours and shifts
Fast paced, exciting,ample opportunities, long hours
Sr. Business Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Travel, variety of positions
Cons: Little rewards for lower ranking employees, volatility in job stability
I worked for Convergys for 20 years and I loved the ability to move between industries and positions all through out my career. I liked the people I worked with and the teamwork we embraced to please our clients and employees. However, there is a good deal of politics in the upper levels and if you don't mind working over 110 hours a week consistently then this may be for you.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: learned about computers
Cons: poor training
I learned how to work in a face paced call center trouble shooting internet.
Hardest part of job was getting someone to assist you when you were having problems on floor.
great pay and great benifets
customer service rep (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: pay and management
Cons: short lunch and breaks
I loved working there the pay was great the environment was very laid back and was super easy the management was great and you always had your team members and team leader to help through it all.
Most people don't stay very long.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 26, 2015
When you first get there you like it but after a while a lot of people don't like it. They say you can move up but I haven't seen it happen. You can be late clocking at a ridiculous time for example say you have to be at work at 9:30 and yuo clock in at 9:30:05 that counts against you. Even if you system is not running as it should you still get docked. On the plus side they do have a really good training period even though its quite long. They also teach you good skills that can be applied to almost anywhere you work especially if you are working in sales. You may also enjoy the people you work with, the co workers really do make Convergys if it wasn't for them people probably wouldn't stay as long as they do.
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2015
A typical day at this job was walking in to work lugging a backpack on your shoulders carrying everything that you will need for this day. I would sit down at my desk and pull anything out that I needed right away. I went though weeks of training to learn the multitude of things needed to perform my job and still didn't feel as if I knew all that I needed to know. I was placed on the phones working with customers who wanted to make changes to their tv service. The management was sometimes easily capable of locating but other times were away from their desks. Floor support was your access to leaving if you were unable to stay at work due to an illness or an emergency. Nine times out of ten you were told to remain in your seat and return to your calls if needed to leave due to sickness. You would be in a group chat with your team and team leader (management) but if not found at their desk, your best resource was the others on your team. My co-workers whom I was the closest with which were my team members were very helpful when it was possible. Taking calls back to back and doing everything to listen to the customer didn't provide much help for your team members when it was needed though. The hardest part of the job was keeping stats up at all times. If you took a break and went one or two minutes over due to a line at the bathroom then your stats would go down. If you were late coming back from lunch due to all of the microwaves being taken up with a line for each of them then your stats would go down. If you left your seat with no break or lunch period allowed but needed a bathroom – more... break, your stats would go down. What kept your stats up was when you were on a call and would make incentives for up-saleing. Also, how many calls you took a day or how long each call lasted, what did you do to help the customer, if you offered all your options and still couldn't help the customer and had no other choice to transfer the call to the department that processes disconnects, it affected your stats negatively. If you didn't keep stats up on a weekly basis then you would receive a verbal warning first then a written warning before being dismissed all together. This job was very stressful and at times I was on the phones for 10-12 hours a day with a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks. At best, an ambulance was called three to five times a month for employees who had collapsed in the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was making an upsale and getting prizes. It was nice to be awarded when you did do something right. – less
a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKMay 25, 2015
Cons: the healthcare was good but expensive
A typical day there was answering calls reguarding a 3rd party vendor. I learned a lot about technical issues and tech support in general there as well as call center ettique. The management was awesome and my co workers were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was not going overboard in helping the customers out but realizing there is a time to set up for a tech to come out to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i met and was able to talk with. It was a wonderful experience
Loved it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2015
This experience help me really understand the true meaning of true satisfying customer service. I loved the experience and was grateful for it. Helping an irate customers and changing the atmosphere of the call to a positive sell, let me know that I did my job very well.
you'll discover fun, challenging work, surrounded by talented, supportive managers and colleagues, and you'll enjoy
ADVANCE TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 24, 2015
Fun and enjoyable workplace in excellent learning environment
Level 3 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Manila, ARMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free juice, Free coffee, Free milk, Free donuts, Free lunch
Cons: Short breaks
- Search technical information related to the account.
- Advance troubleshooting steps with work around procedure to make it effective and efficient.
- Employees are well compensated. Employees are always on top of their priority.
- Friendly environment.
- New issues for new products ( bugs ).
- First call resolution.
good
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Laredo, TxMay 23, 2015
Good working environment with friendly people. Must know how to stay calm in hectic situations and be courtious to customers at all times.
Productive, fun environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2015
Pros: working from home! so cool!
Cons: split shifts
Convergys is a great company to work for. Work is on a project by project basis. Just because you have a set schedule on Project A, doesn't mean if you are moved to another project that your tenure, or your schedule will be the same.
Fun atmosphere
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Arnold, MOMay 22, 2015
Pros: No fault attendance, tuition reembursment
Cons: Surveys, hours
a typical day at work was to take as many calls as you can and work with upper management to get the customer what they wanted if it was above my protocol.

I learned how to adapt to different personalities from one call to the next and to bed excessively empathetic at all times

Management was fantastic. If there was area you were struggling with they would bend over backwards to help you succeed.

I really enjoyed my co-workers on both teams

The hardest part of the job was that fact that it was based on customer surveys, so you can be an extra ordinary at helping the customer but at the end of the day they were still mad at AT&T it would effect your survey negatively and in turn effect your performance stats. It was definitely a balancing act. However, I was good at what I did so I didn't have any problems.

The best part of the position for me was helping the customer.
Very fast paced mostly friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hixon, TNMay 22, 2015
typical day you answer phones all day/night day time is fast paced night is a little slower learned a lot about the making of the company and how they came about. the hardest part of the job would have to be the rude customers and people telling you what your going to do opposed to what you can do. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be being on the phone with different people around the world and its kinda like traveling the world from one place.
great place to learn and work with great people
Sales job (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 22, 2015
Pros: great group
Cons: sitting down alot
Great place to learn a lot of sales perks and wonderful group to work with. I learned many things working for this company!
Typical day is busy
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2015
A typical day is very busy. Organization and time management are key for this position. Coworkers are very nice to work with.
Awesome place to work and grow
Customer Service/ Sales Support/Trainer (Former Employee), tempe arizonaMay 21, 2015
I really enjoyed my work life here at convergys. They had lots of entertainment and I felt at home. I mostly enjoyed my co-workers and sups.
Productive, exciting, fun, and challenging with the opportunity to make extra money and win prizes.
Customer Service Resolution Representative ll (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2015
Pros: Rewards, free lunches, and prizes.
My typical work day at Convergys was answering the phone and talking to many people from different backgrounds and cultures. I learned to troubleshoot, enter data while talking to customer all at the same time. In the beginning the hardest part of this job was trying keep angry customers from leaving the company for another one, but after a week I had a 100% save rate.
Enjoyable co-workers and clearly defined roles
Team Leader (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMay 21, 2015
I worked as a coach for four years and a team leader for three. I loved being able to help my people develop and promote to positions of greater responsibility.
Fun place to work with different adventures daily.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Arnold, MOMay 21, 2015
Pros: Making customers happy.
Cons: The changes that were being made made it very hard to please the customers.
A typical day of work consist of making sure our customers are satisfied with the service they are receiving.I have learned how to deal with aggravated customers and how to make them happy again with the service I give. Management were okay to work for , but they were sometimes under a lot of pressure being responsible for so many employees. My co-workers were great.The hardest part of the job was adapting to the changes because they were not to our advantage which makes it hard for us to help the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I made sure my customers were satisfied and they told me so by completing surveys regarding my service.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries