Convergys

4.6K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Productive and upbeat environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: PTO and UTO availability
Cons: Short lunches, lack of hours
Convergys was a good environment with helpful coworkers, which main focus was to deliver effective customer service. It focused on helping customers with their cable issues.
Convergys is ok
Tier II Tech Support (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 31, 2015
The job is an ok job I say this because the only thing that I look forward to was overtime, a majority of the people the are rude or act as if helping someone will hurt them. No matter how good you feel you doing they tell you opposite and lok for any reason to fire an employee.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hazlewood MOJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Learning how to do your own troubleshooting, meeting new people in the call center setting
Cons: Very short breaks, high health insurance
Working at this place will help a person appreciate knowing what to do or how to fix cable, internet and phone problems. Not a very hard job at all, just attention to detail and listening to the customers before trying to instruct them on what to do to fix an issue. No pressure for sales, but must meet a certain level of accuracy.
Management was not helpful and job did feel secure at all
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 30, 2015
The trainers didn't ensure that you were educated on everything enough to be the best representative that you can be. The resources weren't updated while I took calls, and they'd rather terminate you than train you better. Your job is never secure working for a place like this. I would never recommend working here.
Inbound Call Center Sales and Retention
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Friendly Atmosphere
Cons: Emotionally Decaying Work
The company looks out for employees. They offer gifts for performance and have entertaining games to keep the mood happy while handling calls from irate customers. Managers and supervisors are courteous and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, medical benefits are over priced and the only acknowledged merit through promotion is attendance.
Awesome work environment
Customer Resolution Specialist (Retention) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2015
Productive and fun work place. Managers are constantly involved with agents to ensure high productivity.The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship formed with awesome co-works, also being able to assist customer that are in need of a resolution.
Convergys Tampa, FL
Customer Service Support Professional (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Stable pay check and benefits
Cons: No raises, deny request time off especially on weekends ALWAYS., SHIFT BIDS....
DON'T BELIEVE IN PAY RAISES nor show appreciation for employees regardless of how long you been employed with the company , this job is only concern about filling a seat and hours on the phones.. Management is a joke and only think of themselves.
If you need customer service experience get it then leave...
NO DRESS CODE..
Not my thing
Customer Care/Sales and Service (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: snobbiest customers ever
go in, clock in, take in frustration from customers
at&t project, very snobby people.
you can't make anyone happy, and everyone thinks they're a lawyer
management was kind and understanding, but i couldnt take it
coworkers were fun, considerate people and we all could vent to each other
hardest part was taking in all this negativity from customers and then revert into making them buy uverse, which by the way, isnt very reliable
most enjoyable part of the job is when there's a nice person on the other line that understands what type of stuff we deal with and isn't rude.
No job stability!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch on special occasions
Cons: no job stability
Worked for Convergys for 2 years was always worried about being fired. Moved to the retention department and was very afraid to loose my job due to not being able to retain customers due to unpredictable price increases.
A great company to work for
Call Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, TXJuly 29, 2015
A great company to work for,the co-workers and managers were awesome. Both companies have great opportunities to different postions.
productive company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 29, 2015
great company! I wish them nothing but the best. The most enjoyable part of the job is making my customers smile. GREAT BENEFITS. GREAT PEOPLE..
friendly environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2015
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: traffic
There are many opportunities for growth in this field. There are a variety of contracts to choose from. I enjoy the staff and management.
Great benefits depending on which contracting company you work for
Customer Service and Resolution Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 28, 2015
On average, Convergys had really competitive benefits for its employees. A typical workday can be stressful if you let customers get under your skin. You must develop detachment syndrome otherwise other people's problems become your problem. Management is typical for a call center where your stats mattered above all else. I had a great team leader that motivated, but some of my co-workers did not.
Received excellent training in handling prescription orders
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Chair had good back support and breaks were scheduled often
Did not receive further training or certification after one year as promised however it was a generally stress free environment and the team leaders were supportive. Enjoyed working at Convergys and would have stayed had I not relocated to another state.
Not a good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: drama-filled
Too much drama and not enough discipline. Very unorganized. Disrespectful employees towards other employees and to customers.
Job experience at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 27, 2015
Well, I work the overnight shift and I am in the chat support department for Charter Communication. I assisted customer with how to manage their my account, create my account, and bill questions regarding their services with Charter Communication. My coworkers assisted me when with researching information regard any customer concern. Their is really no hard part of my job. I enjoy the working environment and the nice, respectful coworkers.
Educational
Call Center Sales Associate (Former Employee), pharr, txJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: set schedule
This employment helped me be more patient and learn how to diffuse a unsatisfied customer. I also learned a lot about call center company. My coworkers were great and we all helped each other out through training.
lots of opportunities
Healthcare Virtual Support (Current Employee), Waco, TXJuly 27, 2015
Convergys has many different companies to choose from when it comes to employment. Can choose which project wish to work for when applying base on location.
Fun Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Everyone is nice
Cons: Sitting all day
Fun Place To Work Easy Job/ Easy Money. Great Benefits and Insurance. I would go back. Hardest part customers yelling a lot.
productive,enjoyable,theres alot of things to learn everyday talking to many different kind of people and accountants and awesome management.
customer service representative (Former Employee), shawJuly 27, 2015
Pros: freebies for every upsell and free food and movie tickets
Cons: none
Fun work place and very good management and compensation.A place to learn alot in enhancing skills in communication and accountancy.
Industry