Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,719 reviews matching the search
Poor Management; Does not value employees
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I worked at Convergys for 3.75 years and held 5 different positions. I put in long hours for the company and not once did I ever feel valued. There were constant management changes and nobody was ever on the same page which cause a lot of confusion and unhappiness with managers and employees. Convergys gets away with paying agents and managers the bare minimum for what the job entails. The agents started off at $11 and hour but for all the work they did for Advanced Technical Support on the AT&T account it was no where close to being enough. As a trainer who worked his way all the way from the bottom as a agent my salary was just a hair over 29k a year and if you measured my salary into 40 hour work weeks I was making $13.83/hr. but every week would come out to at least 50 - 55 hours. I would recommend Convergys for any young person who needs to build up their resume but nothing further then that. I am now 24 years old and I have built a nice resume but I would never return to Convergys.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Wage, Management, Schedules
Terrible Company
Dell ProSupport Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2016
So after working for this company for a year I can say that the environment and the way they run the business does absolutely nothing for the employees. I worked for the Dell Prosupport department when I used to be employed there. There was constant issues when it came to just doing your job. Example the tools being down to log calls sometimes for hours on end. Do they care no take more calls. There was no room to grow you get one pay raise and then you're stuck there are no promotions no more pay raises no bonuses nothing. They did nothing to keep the staff at the location I saw people left and right walking out because they couldn't deal with this company anymore. I eventually walked out as well due to overwhelming amount of stress and upper management only caring for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Dead end after first pay raise, Short breaks, Tool issues, everything above.
Fun place to work, good people, starvation wages.
Level 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
I worked in the Camelback Colonade center in Phoenix, AZ.

Although full of upbeat, friendly people, Convergys is really expecting 15 dollars an hour worth of work, effort, and professionalism for far less than that. In the end, it was costing more to go to work there than I was making, particularly with 200 dollars in minimal benefits coming out of an 800 dollar before tax check.

In addition, the center is old, and shows it. Every machine in the building is on antique Windows with warnings about being non-genuine, phones are beat up and dirty, cubicles are falling apart, chairs are universally broken, and the ancient carpeting is stained and threadbare.

In short, a good place to work if you are nearby and have someone making a great deal more money than you contributing to your finances and no better prospects.
Pros
Good people, lots of support, good culture, super casual dress code.
Cons
Starvation wages, unrealistic goals, no paid sick days.
non productive an horrible workplace
Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
as a typical work day all you do is go in to the job and sit down a start dialing outbound until you get to go inbound(if they favorite you). I learned in order to get ahead in this company you need to become friends with the owner and you need to stay and do "overtime". the management her is very lousy, it sucks to see that if there is a customer that needs a supervisor, they tell you to tell them to get them to customer care or they will tell you to schedule a callback but they will never call back the customer, the co workers rely on each other here, very lazy and they never do their job, you have to do things by yourself, even if they never trained you for it, the hardest part of the job is getting the manager to actually work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job to me now is getting ready to find a new job, would never recommend this place
Pros
Cons
short breaks, benefits, help
Great co-workers
Customer service agent / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed my position at convergys, I worked with some terrific people in the years I was there. Advancement is possible if you are looking to move forward.

My managers were always really great, and most of all I really liked the people I worked with .

Customers are just people needing help, and calling you the expert to help them.

Unfortunately my department closed so I was laid off, which made me very sad.

When you commit to a job, you hope they will commit back!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Job is not worth the pay
Retention Specialist for AT&T / Directv (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 5, 2016
This company does not care for their employees. Everyone is paid the same, they say they give bonuses but every time you meet the standards for it they change so that you will not meet the next month. If you are lucky enough to get the bonus it will take them two months to pay it to you and 99% of the time it is wrong and you need to fight to get it. Managers are under trained and can not assist. (AT&T plus convergys suck). They want you to work with several products but do not want to pay employees right. When I started we only worked with wireless we made 9.00 hr- plus we received commission from AT&T and monthly bonuses from Convergys . Now we have to deal with Uverse/Wireless/and Directv we make 11.00 hr- we do not get commission anymore ( that was the only perk) and if we are lucky enough we might get a monthly bonus. The health insurance is expensive and not worth it. The sight director is useless and a waste of space. I would not recommend anyone to apply at this company!!!!!
Pros
401k, vacation
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, insurance is over priced
Friendly environment, stressful at times
Comcast Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at convergys, starts with you clocking in. They have a point system in which if you reach 12 points you are terminated. If you are 5 minutes past your scheduled hour you are considered late and are given .25 points. After you clock in you log onto your phone and programs and start answering calls. I learned a lot of communicating skills and listening skills. The management at convergys is good, but sometimes the managers or TL's have favoritism so that was something that upset me. The co-workers at convergys were great you make friends in that company fast. The hardest part of the job was when it was call after call and sometimes we would get angry customers back to back, but i would always handle the situation well. I would always make a angry customer a happy one and that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good lunch breaks, Friendly environment, and good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times, favoritism with managers
Starting a new year with a new life.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I enjoy going to work everyday & being around people. Whether, it is with co-workers or serving customers, it's my pleasure to serve.
I have spent 24 years in nursing and a few years ago, retired my nursing license in order to care for my elderly parents 24/7.

I am 47 years of age, with 4 beautiful daughters, I have been divorced for 2 years and currently excited to begin a new phase of my life.

Not only in my personal life but in my professional life, as well.

I love to conquer new challenges and in my opinion, learning is an ongoing process.

Working at Convergys was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience. The staff are amazing people with hearts of gold and willing to take the time needed to teach and train in every aspect necessary, for the employees to be successful.
Pros
great pay with benefits
Cons
short lunch time, must eat on site
I think it is a very good company to work for.
Subscriber Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 25, 2016
At the time that I worked for the company and the contract that they had with OnStar things were exciting and the product was still kind of new to the industry. The benefits were great but the hours were not always promising, it was like a lottery. Work hours were never a guarantee. Jobs no longer have job security but I was able to move and advance in different positions.
many experince learned in this call center, that will increase my skills and knowledge for the future.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2016
Convergys has a great team, most of the people are very down to earth, great with other people. We learned to use great typing skills, and listening skills, able to learn how to empathize with customer. the experience has been great, I've learned many things that twill help me advance in the workforce.
Pros
they have many benefits as well, llike dental medical, vision, and also make many competitions where you can win bonuses.
Can not recommend
Tech support, exclusively for small businesses (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 23, 2015
The company itself, Convergys is a nice place to work, but when you get put into your assignment, you get specialized training that is not enough. Doing tech support for AT&T is a daunting enough task, but without effective training or real time support, you are left to struggle and learn the hard way. If you can learn complex things quickly, you will do fairly well, but it wont be pleasant. You are judged on things beyond your control. If you pick up the phone and it is a complex issue that takes a long time, you are criticized for as. There are also surveys that you must score perfectly on. If they praise you for your hard work and this say anything about someone else or the company as a whole and give less than a 10/10, you are to blame for that. I've never seen such a high turnover at a place of business before.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day started out with signing into my computer, bringing up all the various systems I needed to perform my job daily. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, became friends with many of them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers who were rude, upset, angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to laugh and talk with my co-workers between phone calls.
Pros
Lunch Vendors, Insurance Benefits
Cons
Really do not have any
Run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The convergys in Tampa is ridiculous.
This place is horrible the leadership is elementary at best the management is illiterate so they will screw you out of your commission working with AT&T the training is garbage the benefits is Hitlerean the schedule is Flexible which means you never have the weekends off and you never will get off at the e time no more then 2weeks at a stretch no room for breaks just 👎👎
Pros
A place to work for kids
Cons
Waste adults time
worst company i have ever worked for
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 30, 2015
Convergys is a 3rd party call center that is more worried about filling seats than they are about training the people correctly. They don't care about their employees. Anytime an issue would come up at work regarding my kids(i'm a single mom of 3 kids) their responses was not there problem i had to figure it out. they don't communicate anything with there employees. they run about 3 months behind on pay out on their bonuses. which was kind of useful since i was still getting paid for the next 3 months after they fired me for no call no show because my maternity leave was denied AFTER I came back to work for 30 day. they are a sneaky and shady company. they also do not believe in do raises. they will do the yearly evaluation to make sure your doing your job right but they won't give you a raise. so you can literarily still be making $10/hr after you have been there for 1,5 or 10 yrs... unless you get a promotion to supervisor.
Pros
its a hjob
Cons
every thing about that company is a con
empty promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2015
in training we were promised :
a 30 cent raise for every 90 days perfect attendance
FALSE
Incentives up to 500.00 for sales
(my highest bonus check was 134.00 and it came three months after i started)

Managers have a morning huddle then they call "a power hour" where the managers walk around in wigs and shouting (as we are on calls talking to live customers) shouting save HBO, PERFECT SAVE, they ARE SHOUTING AND SOME WEARING WIGS AND COSTUMES AND if the customer doesn't remove their hbo or showtime you get a tiny candy bar or a plastic pair of glasses , or a rubber duck....yes, a rubber duck.

They promised NFL jerseys , footballs, tickets to games for their biggest promotion of the season.

most management is from california so they had tons of RAIDER gear but ran out of Bronco stuff. It was more typical to win a tiny foam football than to win a jersey anyway.
Cons
short breaks, strict by the minute time keeping, if you are late 1 minute you get a point against you up to twelve then you are fired
It's not what they make it out to be.
Customer Service Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2016
They will draw you in saying it's easy to be promoted and great benefits, NOT TRUE. Managers are DRAMA QUEENS and gossip more than agents. I would not recommend this job to anyone who's looking for a "long-term" type of job.
Pros
Early leave
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management.
standard call center
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TECHNICAL SUPPER REPRESNATIVE (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYApril 6, 2016
Typical call center job. benefits package is pretty nice and health insurance is nice. call center job was not for me as the calls are repetitive as most of the inbound calls are similar in resolution. co-workers do assist each other in support chat
This was a Work at Home position via Convergys for AT&T Wireless.
Level 2 Tech Support/Sr Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2015
Convergys is an outsourcing company, I was in the Work at Home
group working as Tier 2 Technical Support for AT&T Wireless
Customer Services. The training was excellent and software
accessibility was superior. There was no opportunity to advance
beyond call center agent. No benefits were offered for Vacation,
Personal or Holiday time. The medical benefits were good and very much appreciated.
Pros
Work at Home environment, exceptional training and software access.
Cons
Short breaks & lunch, no time off benefits were offered. Compensation was weak.
Worse Management Ever!
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 28, 2016
The Job is a joke! The Company does not know how to train their employees properly. They push people to our last nerve. The company job is to help other companies with the work load that the actually company can handle. Time is not your friend anymore. It just sucks all over. Pay is good tho if you can handle a lot of stress and have no humanity. Benefits are sorry and very expensive.
Pros
Good pay and benifits.
Cons
Work Area.
Okay place, not long term
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 15, 2016
I would not mind going back to work here in I HAD to. The workplace is stressful and the supervisors make it worse. Most of the team leaders feel they can talk and treat yo any kind of way.
Pros
Bonuses, compensation
Cons
short breaks, management