Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,630 reviews matching the search
Not a very professional setting
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZMay 30, 2016
A typical day at Convergys is very hectic, unorganized and unprofessional. Although I found my way and succeeded at the tasks given to me, the things I had learned in training did nothing to prepare me for the work floor.
Did not enjoy the environment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 30, 2016
This management weren't great. I did learn a lot. My customer service skills improved drastically. I just didn't like sitting in one spot answering phone calls back to back all day. I'm sure some people enjoy it. Just wasn't right for me.
Convergys
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS Anthem-Blue Cross/Blue ShieldMay 30, 2016
Answering telephone calls for Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Empire Blue and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia.
I have learned how to understand health and medical benefits, i.e.
deductibles, what is covered and where members have coverage.
I know how to send out new member identification cards, benefit books, and how to explain to members their benefits, i.e. free
breast pumps, other benefits they need. I teach members how to easily find doctors, hospitals, urgent cares and pharmacies online over the phone.
The management is good, helpful, my team leader explains everything in a wonderful way.
My coworkers are good, hard working and nice people.
The hardest part of the job is trying to calm members down when their doctors are no longer in the network.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know I have met members needs and they are happy!
Pros
Schedules are able to be adjusted when needed
Cons
Open enrollment very stressful
It wasn't pleasant working there.
Internet and Phone Support (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 30, 2016
Very bad working hours for students. I come to understand that working at Convergys is almost impossible if you are a student. I used to work there 3 years ago and Im unaware if the situation has changed its coarse.
Cons
unfriendly managements, very conflicting work-hours, misleading advertisements.
Convergys was a fun place to work that employed many people and taught me great communication skills.
Digital Consumer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 30, 2016
I was employed through convergys but worked for nike.com. I answered calls for the online shopping site. Working here improved my computer and communication skills. Management for the most part was very organized and the co-workers were the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with high anticipated releases of the well known Jordans. Only because they would sale out so quickly and the consumers would be very upset. Other than that working for nike was a great experience and i learned a lot.
Its ok
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOICATE (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 30, 2016
The company is ok, i personally am not to fond of it. The job is easy and the company give you the chance to always move up. The pay is ok, and its good for people who are looking for something quick.
Work experience was great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company.. There was a great bonus structure and I was praised for my customer service skills..
Pros
Bonus
Cons
My group was outsourced
hmmmm
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2016
great company laid back great pay great environment great people nice place to work and go to school all around great place
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
just another call center
GM Level (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 27, 2016
Convergys was just like any other call center. Under paid and over worked its advisers inconsistent in policies and procedures.
Pros
was near the mall
Cons
inconsistent in policies
Workplace
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 27, 2016
Receiving call from customers placing orders I really have not learn to much .The management can be better.The hardest part of the job was trying to pleasing every customer.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun and wonderful workplace
DirecTV Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 27, 2016
Fun and wonderful place to work. Tuition reimbursement was a plus. Management was nice and always willing to help the employees with customer accounts.
Friendly workplace
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2016
It is an ok place to work. There are great supervisor. They take pride in their work. I enjoyed the environment but not the extra work that was not needed.
High stress and turnover, good experience builder
NetApp Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 25, 2016
If you dont mind the stress, this can be a good job to build experience that can then be taken to other companies, or sometimes other accounts within Convergys.
Has potential to be a fun enviroment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 25, 2016
This company is on a day to day basis very unorganized. There is no unity in the upper management. I am one to enjoy a competitive environment, but it seems like everyone is compared to one another, and there is no drive to improve. It's a perform, or else kind of enviroment.
Pros
Great people to work with on a colleague
Cons
No push to improve an employee
It was just Ok
Professional Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2016
This company was ok. There is always an opportunity for people to get a kick start in a new field. They hire a variety of people.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2016
enjoyed my time here. great company. the only thing that I didn't like was the hours. would go back to this company. I recommend this company to all my friends who are searching for a job., this company is always hiring. mainly because people cant take the schedules. that's the only thing I hear people complaining about.
Great!
DIRECTV Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2016
I loved the job it was almost to easy and the trainer was way cool, wish i didn't leave! I hope that everyone has a great experience like i did.
Pros
Location.
Cons
Clients.
Stressful, fast paced job, high call volume, great benefits
USPS Agent (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 24, 2016
Customer service for the United States Post Office. Angry customers calling in and your job is to de-escalate the call.There is high call volumes so you need to work as efficiently as possible to meet the customers needs so you can move on to the next caller. The benefits is what keeps the employees at the company. The pay is great and the company offers benefits!
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, company rewards great work, pay is above average
Cons
Stressful job
If you have a bad attitude
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 24, 2016
You have to have a great attitude to work here. You will come across some hard to please customers as well as the mang. team. They do have basic stats that you must achieve. I have been there over a year and like it just need to make more per hour to survive. They are the type of place that you can work a 40 hr week and still need some type of assistance to survive.
Pros
climate control
Cons
stress
Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
Convergys is a calling center where you can grow and move up in positions if you put in work. base pay was reasonable and you have room to make commission and bonuses.
Pros
PAYS well, Room to move in position
Cons
schedule