Convergys
4,513 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Poor management and organization
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, 40+ hours a week, plenty of overtime to gain or volunteer for
Cons: short breaks, unstable hours, no consideration for life outside of the company
a typical day at work was coming right in and heading straight to your workspace and taking calls consistently until break time (first break 15 minutes). And repeating the same task until lunch and eventually the end of your shift. extremely robotic.
environment is ok
Saves Desk rep (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
Pros: environment is ok
Cons: Pay is no good
The job itself is fine but some of the supervisors micro manage when it is not necessary. The pay is not competitive, they took away chances of bonuses to even increase your pay.
Very laid back work environment
iOS Technical Team Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: casual dress code, amazing co workers
Cons: Management can be too indecisive and passive
It is by far the most laid back call center environment I have ever been in. You can dress casual, management doesnt breathe down your neck about schedule adherence and the people are amazing and down to earth. Unfortunately, how management runs things arent always the best. After getting promoted to a team lead I was forced to share desks and move to different computers for three weeks straight! The equipment they gave me didnt even work right as I was forced to have to replace my keyboard twice in the first week.
nothing
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 3, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: being treated like a robot
not the best job in the world, i felt like a number and not a person. the place had us packed in like sardines and they were not understanding or accommodating with anytrhing.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative November (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2015
taking inbound phone call at a fast place. also a great learning experience , building better customer service skills. dealing with very angry and irate customers
Productive work place
Customer Service Represenative/call cwnter (Former Employee), hazelwood, moJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work was me being prompt each day responding to a high call volume and helping customers with theyre issues. I learned many different skills and learned to cope with the different personalities I came across each day, on and off the the phones. Managers had to work extremely hard day in and day out making sure that everything stay in line, and my co-workers were all easy and out going individuals. When I was unable to help customers I came across was the hardest part working in this environment, and the most enjoyable part was coming to work in a positive environment and being able to successfully help my customers
N/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), home NCJuly 2, 2015
Barely got calls it was a work from home position,
management was pretty bad, it was hard getting in touch with them via phone calls, never had a set supervisor it was always someone diff everyday,
co workers were ok if we could reach them online to ask a question but if no manager pulls you into a group to chat then your on your own for that day.
I didnt enjoy the job at convergys i thought i would but it was a bad at home work experience
Fun workplace. Everyone gets along.
Trainee (Current Employee), Cedar City, UTJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work is taking phone calls to help people out with their phone problems, and/or internet problems. Also we try to upgrade them to a better television service or internet service.
Typical Day at Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 2, 2015
Working at Convergys had its ups and downs. I can definitely say that the best parts of the job were the co workers, Operation Managers, Team Leaders, and the benefits. The hardest part of the job was figuring out the customer's wants, interests, and needs. And because it was the DirecTV project getting exactly what the customer wanted was not always an option. They wanted specific channels when there are set channel lineups. Or to get the newest, up to date equipment when they either needed the Protection Plan to be eligible for new equipment. What I did learn is some very good selling skills. A requirement of the job was to sell the movie channels. Such as HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime. So from trying to sell those on people and learning more about the channels made me figure out what things were more likely to convince people to try them out for some time.
fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orem, UTJuly 2, 2015
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not able to move up in company
Sold products to current customers.
Worked with a variety of office equipment and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Interacted with distressed customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services, resolve service complaints, and effectively facilitate success in conflict
Very good work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 1, 2015
They're very supportive with their employees. They work with school schedules. They train their employees very good, It's a wonderful place to improve your call center experience.
Customer Service / Call Center
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: phones, and talking to people with their problems
Cons: to quick on letting people go
was an over all good experience . Helping people I like to do, but when your trying to hurt people and not giving the best services for customers.
Face paced work environment.
Business Care Representative (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work would be to log into your systems and your phone and let the calls start rolling in. Usually back to back calling, handling the needs of AT&T's customer base. Breaks and lunch were very strictly timed along with expectations of the job. Management was team oriented and more individualized that way. Got along with co-workers well. The hardest part of the job was the work load, though after spending time there it became much less of a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people in need and hearing their satisfaction for it.
Very fun environment
Call center Agent (Former Employee), Honduras, INJune 29, 2015
Convergys was a very fun environment due to the fact that we were working for SiriusXm radio. Our Team manager would always clap for a radio sell each one of the agents made, or we would do activities such as pop a balloon get a little paper from the balloon and maybe be lucky enough to get 15 min off the phones
Relaxed work environment
Quality Evaluator / Auditor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: compensation
This was a pretty good company to work for, but the compensation was not very good. Flexible schedule and they valued family time.
Decent
Technical Support Chat Agent (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJune 29, 2015
Convergys is an decent company to work for. The employees are good people and are fun to be around. The management although never around when needed, are also good people. There is bonus structure but Convergys has made it so that they can take it away at no notice and not give you an bonus that you worked hard for. They also have incentives like gift cards, electronics and things like that to keep you going and reach your goals. Occasionally they will feed you. The job is tedious, the customers are usually rude but you do have your nice ones that come in. Moving up in the company is possible if you reach their very hard but attainable stats. Over all I would give this company 3 stars as it is an job that pays the bills and it does have its moments, but personally would not work there my whole life.
Job security
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJune 29, 2015
Pros: People and the ability to learn
Cons: The health coverage
The main thing I enjoyed about this company was the advancement opportunity and the multiple projects that they had so if one project went down there was always the option to move to a different project
All around fun
High performing sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
Pros: 3 weeks of training/hands on training
Cons: coworkers
The job was great, management was great, and hours were great.
Training was very thorough.
Pay was amazing.
Company really cared about their employees.
Only issue was coworkers. Some just thrived on drama.
management
Operations Manager (Former Employee), UtahJune 29, 2015
Site leader strives to make the job experience fun and enjoyable. Some projects are very demanding and fun to work with.
Room for career growth
Human Resource & Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Longview, TXJune 29, 2015
Convergys is a great company that allows you to grow, and has many opportunities for you. Enjoyed the many different opportunities it has afforded me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries