Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,598 reviews matching the search
Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 23, 2016
• Ensured that all customers' needs were met through a need based conversation.
• Help customers with troubleshooting steps and self-help options regarding their high speed Internet, cable, and phone services.
• Collected payments, making sure that each customer is satisfied and every need is met by the end of every call.
• Worked 9 hour shifts and also mandatory overtime when necessary. Exceeding quality goals biweekly to maintain position.
• Reason for Leaving: Found Job with higher wage.
Great company to start work. Job security is your ball and chain
Universal Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 23, 2016
Great company to start working for if you are fresh to the job scene or looking for work in between careers. There are many things lacking at this company. Pride. Competent management. Holiday pay. Tenured agents that aren't twisted in some way,
A great experience
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2016
Working here was a good experience. I was able to refine my customer service skills. It was an eye opening experience. An opportunity with a lasting impact.
revolving door for employees
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
Worked for Convergys for four years at Charlotte location off Harris Blvd. They work you like a dog, counting every minute you spend on the phone and off, expecting overtime when it meets their needs. This is a typical call center environment. Some managers are good , some leave much to be desired. With each new year, new hires were paid less money starting out but they do pay a commission on sales. Not a very positive environment to work, poor training overall but they did offer a decent compensation/benefits package. If you do not meet the goals they set, expect a pink slip and the front door. My advice, look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
compensation/ benefits
Cons
overall environment
Great environment
WIRELESS ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 23, 2016
A work day at Convergys consist of taking calls from at&t customers and assisting them in their wireless account management weather it be walking them through their bill or how to use their online billing to simple task such as a number change, Working to Convergys taught me how to effectively communicate, it also taught me patience, understanding and empathy. I loved the management from the team managers to the highest rank in the building, they were all understanding and helpful in anything I brought to them. The hardest part of the job for me was the system changes, which wasn't too bad but took some getting use to. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customer especially if they called in upset and they got off the phone feeling better or like they made changes to what was best for them or if they simply called in for understanding and received that.
Pros
Benefits, Promotions, Wages, Bonus Benefits
Cons
N/A
Customer Service
Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2016
My job consider helping OnStar customer with directions, and etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get around all over the U.S. and Canada.
Retention
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 21, 2016
Although it was a bit stressful working in retention, I learned a lot from it and gained wonderful customer service skills.
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 20, 2016
great job I becaem a coach and trianed employees I worded a lot of hoursand the people show i wokred with were great day good company to work for
Pros
I trained employees
Cons
hard to work with irrate customer
Workplace was productive.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2016
I really like Convergys. It gave me a lot of customer service experience, I feel like I can work in any call center now. We spoke with customers daily, about their services.
Fun Place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2016
I Loved working here and I Wish I Was still working here today wish ID never had quit. I Loved the Team Leaders I Had a pleasure of coming across my Trainer was amazing did an excellent Job of training us.
career building customer service
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work is a moderately fast-paced and upbeat customer service sales environment. There is an abundant amount of information to be learned here and any time spent with this company sets a firm foundation for future endeavors.
great team, great management
Supervisor/Team leader (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 19, 2016
Working with Convergy's was my first call center I had ever worked for. I learned how to manage a team after a short while of being an agent. It was a great jump in opportunity. However, Convergy's had lost the lease to Direct Tv and was no longer going to be doing business with them at the Pharr office. The only office that would be available would be in Brownsville Tx. Unfortunately i was not able to continue with Convergy's due to the location at the time.
Pros
Always fun work environment
Cons
it was a thrid party company, if it was solely Direct Tv the pay would be more.
Professional place to work
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2016
Convergys was a professional place to work, although i was there for a short amount of time, it was a delightful experience
Pros
Unlimmited overtime
Cons
Shortbreaks
frustrated and lost interest very soon
Home Based Representative (Former Employee) –  orlando,flMay 19, 2016
not a good team support when need such: tech issues, cust. asking for sup. but they not willing to take over issue.
Team lead's not a great support to provide information or assist resolution to customers to resolve it in one call.
A Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 19, 2016
The job consisted of coming in, and trying to find a place to sit. There was no assigned seating, and you were only there to place a band aid on the situation
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Short lunches, no advancement
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLMay 18, 2016
Quick hire! Great for college students needs to improve compensation structure and career advancements. Nice team building experience here for incentives.
typical customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2016
Typical customer service job with decent hours and clean work space, since I worked from home. Only problem is pay which comes with customer service.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no stability
Awesome company to work for
Customer Support Associate II/Work at Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMay 17, 2016
Great benefits, flexible ours, and Pay was ok. Loved working for this company wish they would pay employees a little more other than pay everything else was great.
Good job
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 16, 2016
The people there were great and if you did well you would get bonuses. Loved the manager, he made work fun. They would have free lunch once in a while and my co-workers were nice.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Stressful at times
good job
crg (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 16, 2016
went to work, followed the required break times and simply answered the phone to make sure that customers needs were attended to