Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,450 reviews matching the search
Convergys - Intuit Project
Quickbooks Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 29, 2016
Convergys is a call center company. Employees take calls for intuit and help intuits customers solve problems happening in their Quickbooks Online Software. A typical workday can range between 8-10 hours a day and schedules are on a bid system.
Co Workers here are average workers with some or no experience at all. Some are just retired even.

The job can be stressful and the learning curve is steep for most people when learning the Quickbooks Software. But if you stick it out long enough you can really gain some practical experience in Quickbooks. You will learn basic accounting principles just by working with the software. The biggest positive with this employment is that there is so much to learn and so much experience to gain.
Pros
Work Life Balance Acceptable, Decent Hourly, Good Managers, Helpful Support Staff
Cons
Unpredictable Holiday Schedules, Steep Learning Curve, Stingy Raises, Difficult Bonus System
productive moderate sales friendly work environment
Sales& Customer Representative/Ats tech.Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016
I liked working at this job because I was good at my work so I reaped the benefits handsomely when payday came around. In regards to the Job culture, I believe they let anyone work here for the most part, which can be a good and bad thing, As with almost every call center in america the people are very negative and most people are just here to get the hourly pay not even attempting to get the commission bonuses, I think most people thought they were unreasonable and unattainable. But I loved a challenge. The management team is pretty competitive and do what they can to keep it lively. Be careful however because they can be underhanded sometimes in regards to competitiveness and they definitely have favorites. Attendance is very important here. If you can stay consistent they will work with you and pay you well. Oh! They love to promote from within.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Great Pay if you can stay focused
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2016
Better than nothing
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Convergys is a call center run by a wonderful woman and several others with various degrees of professionalism, composure, and sensibility. The base pay is agreeable, but before long the stress of keeping your statistics up to par and handling the general poor morale of the workplace will have you jumping through hoops to get another job. While some of the lower management is amazing, compassionate, and helpful, the chances of getting an awful, inconsiderate, counterproductive team leader are comparable to a game of Russian roulette. Some days are very good, but as time passes the low moral, stress of meeting sales and keeping a low average time, and workplace drama will burn you out. Recommended for those who don't have other options or simply for those who thrive under negativity.
Pros
steady pay, agreeable benefits
Cons
workplace drama, poor management, unnecessary workplace stress
Great company to work for, excellent benefits and pay
Specialist-Voice/Data Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2016
A typical day would start with checking new emails and tickets in the que. New tickets would come in and the higher priority tickets required my team to be on a bridged to work the ticket real time until it was fixed or a work around put in place. If a work around was put in place the bridge would be closed and we would have to work on a permanent fix for the problem. Sometimes this would require working a window starting at midnight an ending at 05:00. The company is exceedingly well managed. I worked with a great team of people, we had our good times and our bad times. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changing IT environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people.
Pros
Excellent Healthcare, pay raises and some perks, like Reds tickets on occassion.
Cons
Midnight windows and on calls
Just another day at the office
Assist customers with troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 27, 2016
Can't clock in 5-10 min ahead of time. Either you clock on at even time or take a point for being a minute late. 10 different login sites for tools.

Microsoft can come in at anytime they please a fire any one they wan't. Even though it's not their place to even do so.

Management is okay.

Co workers are a hit and miss. Either they treat you like disease or their nice.

It's difficult to help people with troubleshooting. They don't even listen. Can't tell them to shut up. So we have to listen to how their problem is ruining their long life goals.

But hey the best part is going home at the end of the day.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Having to deal with incompetent people. Every single day
Convergys isn't the best but you can meet cool people
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Convergys is good for a short term job, most of the time the management is not the best aside from a few and the co workers as well. There are times you can meet some good people on the floor and also on the phones but the training isn't good you learn everything when you get onto the floor and there are times when you deal with some horrible people on the phones. The benefits are pretty good you have the option to get medical, dental, and eye insurance and that is something I like. the job isn't to hard but the hardest thing to deal with is the co workers and management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hours at first and managment
Horrible..
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 24, 2016
It's a very bad managed place of employement, if you have anxiety please do not apply for this job because it will really cause you to have a mental break down. Management doesn't Care about you. All they care about is them reaching their payouts for the stuff you have to force and beg customers to buy... their turn over rate is completely through the roof because people really know the job isn't worth anything and is not worth the stress. And they lie to you about when you're supposed to get your pay raises and bonus checks.
Pros
Cons
It's such a push to sell to customers instead of actually helping them
Disorganized and unhealthy work envirnment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 17, 2016
They lure you in with promising incentives and benefits only for you to find out that you are not eligible. Lack of leadership and clear defined goals. Lack of resources and support leave employees confused and frustrated. Employees regularly take the fall for the failure of management and are often treated poorly or unfair. Training does very little to prepare for job duties. Often management ignore or overlook employees. Employees are often verbally abused over the phone but again the lack of resources, management and support basically leave you on your own. Management practices public reprimanding regularly often leaving employees feeling attacked personally. Employees who take advantage of the "open door policy" to speak with HR or upper management usually do not find a resolution.
Pros
Sometimes they have free food.
Cons
Toxic work environment, inflexible work schedules, Lack of resources, unclear or undefined goals, terrible Management.
Good starting point for learning computer and additional customer service skills.
Program Ready Trainer (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 12, 2016
Working as an inbound phone agent for a contracted company. I learned how to better my typing and navigation skills on a computer. I got a better working knowledge on how to use different type of computer systems, Microsoft Office. I enjoyed being part of a training team that was focused on the success of the new hire agents. I had a hard time with the constant change of my daily duties as the company was not very good at setting proper expectations.
Pros
Free Directv
Cons
Healthcare coverage is not the best and the pay increases were based solely on attendance, if you missed even one day of work you forfeited half of your next raise.
When I enrolled in college in the Fall 2011 semester. They wouldn't work with me on changing my hours to have enough to keepE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKOctober 21, 2016
My review is that I felt unimportant to them. They told us we were a dime a dozen and if we quit or got fired they could have someone ready to replace us in a month or less.

Never got a raise like we were told we would get.

Not being able to want to work around my college classes was the final straw for me...
Pros
Reliable, Show up at work everyday I'm scheduled, no excuses, trustworthy, I have reliable transportation, valid driver's license and car insurance, and much more...
Cons
Restricted to lift no more than 15lbs, cannot stand in one place for very long...
Initially it was a fun and exciting company. The last 5-7 years were very hard due to continued outsourcing
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2017
I worked in many areas, but with the exception of the last 2 years were all in the Quality Assurance (Testing) area. Initially we were testing main frame applications using main frame test tools and methods. Eventually we started testing Unix related applications.
The most enjoyable part of the job was streamlining testing and helping new testers that joined the group.
The hardest part was watching the entire IT department eventually get outsourced over 7 years. Those of us left behind were expected to support the outsourced teams even though they could not get the job done.
Pros
I felt I was well paid
Cons
All the outsourcing and layoffs; all perks and benefits eroded over the years
Run and do not look back
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 4, 2016
I can say i loved the job but the management.... Well they are a bunch a kids and lack respect and most are just plain aweful!!!! The coworkers were nice but always being in constant fear of losing your job no thank you! Plus the pay was not great for the work you do! When you do a good job at what you do no one cares you do not get raises and the bonus structure is a joke!!
Pros
customers were great! job was easy for me anyways
Cons
Poor management! They are disrespectful! No raises, impossible bonus structure, job security is a nightmare!
It's a job and that's it
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAJanuary 19, 2017
If you need a place to work, they'll hire anyone. I loved this company when it was Stream, before it became Convergys. Now all they care about is making sure there is someone in the chair to take the call. Benefits are terrible. Insurance is outrageous and a joke. They'll lie and promise you whatever just to get you hired to meet a contract quota. Half of the time, they change bonuses so you won't even get them or they'll make up some excuse as to why you didn't qualify for the bonus and/or incentive that quarter/month. They will string you along, telling you they want to promote you and want better for you. However, when the time comes, no promotion and it's given to someone who "hangs" out with the boss or is attached to their hip, rather than the person who actually deserves the job and has worked hard for it. Basically, don't waste your time unless you're in desperate need of a job and don't care about getting lied to or stepped on. Terrible company and they lose all of their good or tenured employees due to lack of actually caring about anyone but themselves.
Pros
A lot of coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Discouraging, high turnover revolving door.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 24, 2016
Lack of leadership, which gets worse and worse at higher levels. Managed by people who have never actually performed the jobs or received the training of the staff they are expected to manage and coach. Failure in the communication chain to take any advice or feedback from first line employees actually interacting with customers. Compensation is not competitive, but supposedly bolstered by bonuses that are rarely paid out due to system issues and dis-qualifiers. Advancement forfeits bonuses and is discouraged.
No security. Not a reliable employer
Floor Support/Coach, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 22, 2016
If the client changes you have to retrain all over again. Benefits come and go. No security. No sense of appreciation. You can tell those who care vs those who don't, and unfortunately those who don't care tend to be the ones promoted first. When the client does change your job and title is not guarenteed. You could be a trainer one week and a lowly agent the next.
Pros
easy to get hired, lots of coworkers
Cons
short breaks, healtchare, lack of benefits, lack of job security, lack of appreciation, unorganized management, OMs who contradict each other
Conducive working environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 20, 2016
I was apprehensive at first in applying for technical support as I was not that tech savvy but as it turned out , you only need eagerness to learn and there is nothing you cannot do. As I'm always scheduled for the night shift, you can expect a typical day at work to be quite busy as soon as your shift starts but otherwise, it is fun and productive.Our Operations team always see to it that we are provided with all the support we need and we have incentives in place to inspire us to meet goals and retroactively, make us pass our scorecard. I was presented an opportunity for development and was encouraged by my mentors who have greatly helped me qualify and pass as a Team Lead. The position was especially rewarding as I was able to share my best practices not just to my own team but to other agents in production in achieving their personal goals as well as help them bring out the best in themselves..
Pros
Excellent healthcare insurance, retirement benefits
Cons
schedule and rest days are not fixed
Run by a bunch of college dropouts
IT Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 27, 2016
Look. It's not that bad. The only complaints I have, are the paychecks and the rules.

The rules change every month. What you can do one day, you can't the next, and if you do you get FIRED.

I didn't get paid for almost 2 months, so I decided to leave. It wasn't just me. Half of the building that used the cards they put out paychecks on have still to this day never seen that money.
Pros
Lunch duration, breaks, benefits are good, pay is decent if you get it, easy job to learn
Cons
Rules change constantly, lot of high school like drama, didn't get paid
Good temporary job
RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOOctober 18, 2016
Convergys is a great place for employment when you are looking for something quick and easy for little money. You work day in and day out. Must work weekends and holidays. Also must be available to work until midnight every other week. Great for college students needing to get by. They do not offer part time. You are constantly being recorded for quality assurance and is pretty easy to get by. Overall, an okay place to work...Could use some work here and there.
Pros
Managment, benefits
Cons
Short lunches, long hours, work weekends and holidays
wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Worked here a few months, there was no structure, everyone did what they wanted, took advantage of management, was a very unprofessional environment, people show up in there pajamas for work, starts at $14/hr with no raises, no room for growth within the company...
The only good thing I can say is that the pay is ok for starting and it is an ok job to get on your feet until a better opportunity comes along...
Pros
Pays pretty well
Cons
No room for growth in company, no raises, no structure, not professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.