Convergys
3,030 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

High Paced Enviornment with Little Comfortability
CSR Rep (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: 4 jobs for the price of 1, no help, complicated scripts, stress volume through the roof
This is a great place to work if stress isn't an issue for you. On a daily basis you experience stressful phone calls at a high volume as well as complicated scripts to read from in order to assist customers. The benefits as far as I'm concerned are the sugary icing placed upon this dry and unappetizing cake called "Convergys" At this organization they – more... expect you to do the job of 4 different reps in 1. You handle billing, programming, sales and troubleshooting all for a low price as far as I'm concerned your salary isn't adequate for what the job you perform on a regular basis. – less
Productive and Great Workplace.
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 26, 2014
Cons: management
I worked as a college student. You have job security and the ability to advance in this business no matter your age and experience. They have awesome benefits and incentives for extra pay.
great job
customer service and problem res II (Former Employee), at homeJuly 26, 2014
walmart was an overall great job. I loved working there to see people it was a great customer service oriented job. My co workers were pretty awesome. Management wasn't all that great .
Managers invested in employees
Team Leader - DIRECTV Customer Retention Group (Current Employee), Orem,UtJuly 25, 2014
Managers noticed people that took care of the company/customers. I was developed in a lot of areas where I was weak to make strong. How to handle difficult conversations, time management and critical thinking were some of things I worked on. I really loved/love working for the company because of my peers and leaders that I get to work with.
cool place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: dont pay much
it was a good learning experience enjoyed meeting different people everyday and enjoyed seeing the members who came in there regularly
Money Matters First
Inbound Collections Agent (Current Employee), Olathe,KsJuly 25, 2014
Pros: bonus opportunity
Cons: no set schedule, the way you are trained to talk to customers.
Being a collections rep. at convergys, a typical day at work would be answering inbound calls regarding cable bills. although the calls are inbound what makes the job so stressful is trying to meet company quotes as well as try to give the customer the best customer service experience, but its hard when you are trying to take payments, listen to you – more... customer ,as well as get constant pop ups and hollering from TL's telling you your call is over 4 minutes. – less
Employee (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FloridaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: spring, summer, fall festivals
Cons: healthcare
Fast paced, back to back calls, very busy. Some nice co-workers.
Everchanging
Retentions Rep (Current Employee), Arnold, MOJuly 24, 2014
The managers are all great. The bonuses are nice and there is a good chance of advancing. However the hours are all over the place the days off are never the same. the training is very in depth and for computer friendly people very easy to get with
Great atmoshere
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed working in a call center environment and thoroughly enjoyed the high pace of work. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about the credit industry as well as gathered experience on up selling products to customers on a needs basis.
Busy work place with few advancement opportunities
Billing and Solution Representative (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 24, 2014
Cons: little room for advancement
Convergys is a very busy work place as the phones are constantly ringing. However, there is no incentive for how hard you work due to advancement opportunities being extremely limited.
Busy work place with few advancement opportunities
Cons: little room for advancement
Great Company to work for
NEW HIRE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 23, 2014
Convergys was a call center that worked for At&t then we switched over to Capital one (retention). As an agent we had to maintain, sell or retain customers. Within this job I learned about customer service that everyone has a story. The management was ok this is why I worked my way up thru the company and became a team leader to promote change. I loved – more... my co-workers they are what made the day. The hardest part of the job was weighing the needs of the customer based from what was there to offer not everyone story is alike. I really like to learn and use my skills. – less
Great place to learn Customer Service
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work schedule and healthcare
Cons: fear of racial discrimination.
Convergys is a customer service outsourcing company. While I was there I participated in 6 projects in 3 1/2 years. Training is sufficient, but you will learn more on the job.

There are always help if needed with a customer or to better improve your skills.

My co-workers were selected by our skills, job performance metrics and attendance. Attendance – more... is very important.

The hardest part of the job is the transitioning from one project to another. Sometimes I would answer with the previous company's opening.

As with a lot of jobs there are pros and cons to each job. I love working with the customers. – less
Don't work here unless you can handle a lot of stress.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 23, 2014
Actual job is not too bad. Training isn't what it needs to be and the help once you get into Transition isn't good at all. Especially once you get a Team Leader that doesn't care to help you or support you. Pretty sure it'll vary from person to person.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: micromanaging
answering incoming phone calls
troubleshooting home phone and internet
job review
tts 1 (Current Employee), heathrow flJuly 22, 2014
Convergys is a great entry level job for people trying to gain call center experience. However, it is an unstable place of employment. The benefits are ok and the commission is acceptable. If trying to get promoted, its easy as long as your stats are ok.
Bad hours, good for someone who likes to sit all day
Mobility and Sales Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: commissions on sales plus hourly
Cons: working until 11pm
The hours were terrible, the training needed fine tuning, management was pretty much nonexistent, the pay was okay.
Customer Care - Outsourced to Different Companys
Employee ID (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2014
Pros: diversity in other employees. continued education on customer service skills.
Cons: long hours - needed something different - they did not work well with me when my mother passed away.
Was trained in different customer care positions depending on the company that was using us for their customer care needs. Examples of customer care positions held while employed: AARP Rx Plans, United Healthcare Insurance, AT&T U-Verse Tech Support and AT&T U-Verse Customer Service. Also worked in Workforce area keeping track of call times and employee – more... scheduling. Another position held was Quality Control; listening to calls and grading the calls between customer service specialist and callers. – less
great work enviroment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great team work space
Cons: poor pay
made a lot of good friends and was a great workplace. Wonderful team atmosphere filled with joyful employees.
To hard on employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 21, 2014
Good environment but management was not professional enough. Management would threaten you for any little thing you did wrong and they expected you to always be perfect when you just start off. They didn't give enough time to grow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more