Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 7,301 reviews matching the search
Not a very good place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NM 87144May 27, 2017
It seems very nice at first but Team Leads get annoyed when you have a valid question, they focus way too much on making sales. you will get burnt out very quickly and become very irritated with the entire call center.
Pros
easy money easy hire
Cons
pretty much everything about this company
Excelente
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 27, 2017
Me gusta la oportunidad de empleo que crea la siguiente compañía. Brinda diferentes ángulos para poder ser exitoso.
Simple call center with happy customers and an unstressful workload
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 26, 2017
If you are apt with computers and how they work, this is a great job to consider. Great people alongside a healthy work environment with simple computer systems to navigate and understand, as to satisfy customer needs.
Pros
Simple work for tech savy individuals, and upbeat coworkers
Cons
Not for people who need to physically move around to be happy (much like most call centers)
Fun, easy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 26, 2017
I liked this job because of the employers & the other employees that i worked with. It was a pleasant, respectable place to work with many different kinds of benefits, acknowledgments & awards & prizes. Great experience.
Mixed Emotions
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 26, 2017
I was lucky enough to be picked for the average paced group. Employees quit seemingly daily, some of the centers are just non stop calls with angry old people that don't know how to copy and paste, or just people that want to call and yell at you for something you cant help. That being said, if you stay out of the drama, you can make some great friends and the pay is okay.
Okay
Cancel and retention (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
This company was good. They understood that life happens. I would've stayed longer but that ended up shutting down the company. I would've loved to keep my employment there if they would have payed more.
Stressful Place to Work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMay 26, 2017
Management styles needs to be re-evaluated. Several instances where management and human resources did not know how to help someone perform daily duties needed to excel in daily job.
Pros
Quiet Space
Cons
Short Breaks; Management
Mandatory overtime and fast-paced calls
Inbound Phone Service Rep (DIRECTV Project) (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 26, 2017
We had mandatory overtime due to being understaffed and the high turnover rate, edging up on 10-11 hours a shift and getting worse. AT&T bought Directv which payed Convergys (the company I worked for) to take the calls. AT&T hadn't done much the first year of the purchase, but when I left they were squeezing employees even more--at the cost of both customer service and employee well being. We were no longer able to notate accounts after a call ended, meaning we had to "ready in" to the next call immediately or face a penalty. 80-100 calls a day literally back to back with only 10 minute breaks made the job very stressful. Training took three months, but covered things very poorly with not enough hands on training. This resulted in us being expected to know things from tech support to billing to RV troubleshooting (I was on "Special Projects") from the first day on the phones, and instead just know where everything is in the employee information database (called "Agent Answer Center"). Very difficult to make customers happy with a setup like this, let alone the employees.
Pros
Pay differential for swing shift, decent medical available (but very expensive)
Cons
Short breaks, difficult phone calls, insufficient training
It was okay
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 26, 2017
Decent money if you can put up with the customers. Systems are easy to use little downtime
Good break rooms
Needs better computers
Opportunity to win cool stuff
Bad
Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2017
I would never recommend anyone to work at Convergys. They never have any structure in the work place management is never on their job. This was just an all in all bad experience working here.
Great Coworkers
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at homeMay 26, 2017
Everyone seems friendly, it is a very high stress job, no reward, no monetary incentive. Working from home is the only plus and the coworkers are great. Pay is below standard, benefits nil...advancement--none to be had. Extremely high turnover started with 28 agents, 4 remain, most gone in 3 months... lose 1-2 agents per week. Customers are very volatile and angry and you are expected to take the abuse.
Pros
work at home
Cons
inconsistent schedule, no paid holidays, rare 2 days off in a row.
It's a job
Assistance Que, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 25, 2017
Convergys is nothing special, its not a place you stay at or advance in. The management is all hired from outside and no personality checks are done. HR is practically non existent.
Boring
CSR (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 25, 2017
Management was terrible, and didn't care. They only looked out for themselves.if you do work at a convergys or want to work at one, dont work at the one in valdosta. its terrible.
Pros
Sitting in a comfortable chair
terrible place to work
sr acct specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2017
Management at the chattanooga location is terrible, thiis place does not make for a comfortable work environment and I it is a very dishonest company to work for,
They pay well.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 25, 2017
Answered calls dealing with AT&T bills. Mostly angry customers who accumulated charges and needed explaining. You definitely have to have great customer skills.
Pros
good money
Nice Enviorment
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN 55121May 24, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be something relaxing not as stressful. I learned how to be understanding and patient with customer who are upset. I like management where they understand we are humans and consider how people feel. The workplace culture to me just has to be an environment where everyone gets along for the most part. The hardest part of a job is working with someone who is not willing to carry there load.
This job was one of the worst I ever had
Mac+ Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2017
This place really took the life out of living. Call center mentality never got a raise in one year. ask for time off and always got denied. advancement was who you knew not how you did.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Ok if you can handle irate customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMay 24, 2017
This job was not for me. I did not enjoy being screamed at and cursed at by customers I was doing my best to assist. If you can handle this while meeting the company's multiple quotas.
Depends on the call center....
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2017
I had good experiences with this company for the most part. As long as you did your job and were there when you were supposed to your job would be pretty secure. But being yelled at gets old fast so a lot of people would be stressed. Not much job culture to speak of as everyone was glued to their phones and socializing was discouraged outside the break room.
Pros
When you leave at the end of the day you're done.
Cons
Low morale is common
Functionality of company is fun and fluid!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2017
Always have a different project/challenge to complete is challenging and rewarding. The myriad of subtle nuances and fluid change keeps you from being bored.
Pros
Meet people from all walks of life.
Cons
The system we use is still under construction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval