Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,552 reviews matching the search
n/a
Mac + Chat Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2016
Learn a lot from this job as technical wise. A learning experience that I won't forget. Wish they pay more for the work they have us do.
Horrible Company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 5, 2016
They change your schedule the day before you are supposed to work and tell you you have to work it or else. Management is awful. They don't care if you are getting paid properly or not. I was cheated out of $5 an hour for the month of April and nobody seemed to care. Coworkers were great and taking care of the customers was ok too it was just the so called management that needs to learn a thing or two about running a business. And they wonder why they can't fill even 1/3 of the building. Treat your employees better and maybe you could.
great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 5, 2016
i really enjoyed working at convergys because of the environment that they had set up. they had great benefits and worked with you on your hours
good
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 5, 2016
good place to work and great people. working there was ok the hours that I worked did not work with me and my family. I did not like working all the late hours
good job overall
Operations assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 4, 2016
management is great. the project is pretty laid back.great place to work for long or short period of time. benefits start very quick if you are great at sales you can make a lot of money.
Pros
401k insurance/other benefits.
Cons
sales driven
Fun place to work. Ping pong table and different ways to relax and get stress off.
Inbound Sales Representative AT&T (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 4, 2016
Very good experience at convergys. I learned so much about sales and retention. Good environment to grow as sales person.
Pros
Free food on holidays.
Cons
na
Bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 4, 2016
Management is incompetent and they can not keep contracts. No communication on how to do things. Was told they hire within but would not take people off phones because we are to valuable.
Pros
nice vending machines
Cons
everything
fast pace changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  wichita ksMay 3, 2016
respond promptly to customer inquiries handle and resolve customer complaints
obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
provide pricing and delivery information perform customer verifications set up new customer accounts process orders, forms, applications and requests
organize workflow to meet customer time frames direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource manage customers' accounts keep records of customer interactions and transactions record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
record details of actions taken prepare and distribute customer activity reports maintain customer databases manage administration
•communicate and coordinate with internal departments
•follow up on customer interactions
provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
Stay Away!
Transition Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
This place was like a Sweat Shop and Some of the Management should have never been put in place.

Find something else his was a bad Sweat Shop
Pros
The closed down this location
job can get stressful and aggravated
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 3, 2016
convergys is an ok place to work if you barely have anything to do, you will have no life, you are guaranteed ur hours, commission is good if you sell equipments, and bundles, also loyalty is on point, very hard to get a day off, system is complicated when it comes to a day off
Pros
hours is great/commission
Cons
day off is hard to get, cudtomers are greedy and annoying
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
you meet a lot of people from everywhere, always busy and fun. management is great and helpful. I have fun there it was a great experience
work from home
Customer service rep II (Current Employee) –  j,,i y;.uoHazelwood, MOApril 30, 2016
I love that I worked from home but the pay rate was not enough. The customer service experience was fun and I enjoy it. I work with att uverse handling customer problems with their services and getting it resolved at a timely manor.
Pros
lunch, working from home
Cons
pay rate
Members are not mad
Sales/Vacation guide (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 29, 2016
It's not a bad place or environment to work in and the people there are nice. If you can start the day with a confirmed vacation it really sets the mood for the day,
Pros
Lots of contests to win
Cons
Health care sucks
Convergys Review
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 28, 2016
Convergys provides Comcast phone support for small/medium sized businesses.

Keeping my summary very brief, I will say that the pay is good for the people that are entering the workforce or have little experience and/or qualifications. It's about 10.50 an hour starting, more on Sundays. You'll also be able to get overtime if you desire. Attendance policy is understandable, but can really weigh you down if you're absent due to unforeseeable circumstances.

At Convergys, you are expected to make sales to customers that are calling due to issues with their Comcast bill or services. Nothing frustrating about this line of work in itself, except that the training that I experienced was very lacking. They provide the basics, with little exposure to actual calls, and then toss you out to take calls from business owners and employees that NEED quick assistance.

I felt I had little ability to solve the customers' issues, and with me having insufficient training, it was very difficult to assist customers in a timely, efficient manner. The company knows this, and constantly repeats a pretty horrible slogan of "fake it 'til you make it." But employees are frequently falling out during the training process or close after. With little support from other employees and with a shoddy training program, and customers' raising valid frustrations and concerns as a result, it's not difficult to see why.

Assisting customers that are only trying to run their business is one thing, it's understandable when they are upset. But when employees aren't provided with the proper means to
  more... do so, it's quite understandable that they are constantly departing from the call center. The job might never quite satisfy you.

Coworkers were amazing, but the training program and the tools provided are insufficient for the need.
Great place to work for.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 28, 2016
I had a great time working their and the pay was very good for the work you did. It thought me a lot about customer service for customers and how to better help the clients.
the job is overall enjoyable
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 27, 2016
convergys is a good company to work for. some of the management team could use additional training due to lack of communication with the team members. the company values employees most of the time.
Pros
benefits, room to grow within the company
Cons
short breaks
Fun enviorment!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
* Growth opportunity for people who show good work ethic.
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Calendar of events to keep the employees happy & motivated.
Unfair to Employees and Customers
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 27, 2016
I made a lot of friends but i felt that we were being to pressured to simply sell and had to constantly stand up for the sales reps and their lies. I enjoyed helping people over the phone and meeting them as well. it was a decent environment and atmosphere simply because more than 60% of all people felt the same way including management. Great entry level job though for those interested in helping people.
Fun and friendly with great opportunities
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2016
Great place to work. The management is upbeat and out going. They train you very well so that your ready to take on callls and its a safe and secure work place.
Pros
incentives, room for advancement, benifits etc
Cons
uncomfortable head sets
Worst. Job. Ever.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 26, 2016
This is a company I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The pay is pathetic.

The only way to earn raises is by showing up. Of course, that means they encourage you to work while sick, or work around other sick people. There are no sick days. In theory, you can take use Paid Time Off for a sick day, but that's only if there's PTO available that day.

Benefits are very poor, and are fairly expensive to boot.

Rules don't apply to everyone. Massive turnover. I was hired on in September of last year (2015) and as of the end of April, over half the 20 or so people in my class are gone. Other projects have an even higher turnover rate. One project at our site constantly has 2-3 classes with 15-20 people being trained.

Depending on the project, pressure ranges from medium to high.

When you take time off, you still have to meet the same goals as if you'd actually worked, so you might have 3 weeks to do the work it takes 4 weeks to complete. Kinda defeats the purpose of a vacation, doesn't it?

Do yourself a favor. Work ANYWHERE but here.
Pros
It's better than living on the streets. Marginally.
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, unrealistic expectations.