Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,017 reviews matching the search
Poor Management; Does not value employees
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I worked at Convergys for 3.75 years and held 5 different positions. I put in long hours for the company and not once did I ever feel valued. There were constant management changes and nobody was ever on the same page which cause a lot of confusion and unhappiness with managers and employees. Convergys gets away with paying agents and managers the bare minimum for what the job entails. The agents started off at $11 and hour but for all the work they did for Advanced Technical Support on the AT&T account it was no where close to being enough. As a trainer who worked his way all the way from the bottom as a agent my salary was just a hair over 29k a year and if you measured my salary into 40 hour work weeks I was making $13.83/hr. but every week would come out to at least 50 - 55 hours. I would recommend Convergys for any young person who needs to build up their resume but nothing further then that. I am now 24 years old and I have built a nice resume but I would never return to Convergys.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Wage, Management, Schedules
Terrible Company
Dell ProSupport Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2016
So after working for this company for a year I can say that the environment and the way they run the business does absolutely nothing for the employees. I worked for the Dell Prosupport department when I used to be employed there. There was constant issues when it came to just doing your job. Example the tools being down to log calls sometimes for hours on end. Do they care no take more calls. There was no room to grow you get one pay raise and then you're stuck there are no promotions no more pay raises no bonuses nothing. They did nothing to keep the staff at the location I saw people left and right walking out because they couldn't deal with this company anymore. I eventually walked out as well due to overwhelming amount of stress and upper management only caring for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Dead end after first pay raise, Short breaks, Tool issues, everything above.
Great co-workers
Customer service agent / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed my position at convergys, I worked with some terrific people in the years I was there. Advancement is possible if you are looking to move forward.

My managers were always really great, and most of all I really liked the people I worked with .

Customers are just people needing help, and calling you the expert to help them.

Unfortunately my department closed so I was laid off, which made me very sad.

When you commit to a job, you hope they will commit back!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Fun place to work, good people, starvation wages.
Level 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
I worked in the Camelback Colonade center in Phoenix, AZ.

Although full of upbeat, friendly people, Convergys is really expecting 15 dollars an hour worth of work, effort, and professionalism for far less than that. In the end, it was costing more to go to work there than I was making, particularly with 200 dollars in minimal benefits coming out of an 800 dollar before tax check.

In addition, the center is old, and shows it. Every machine in the building is on antique Windows with warnings about being non-genuine, phones are beat up and dirty, cubicles are falling apart, chairs are universally broken, and the ancient carpeting is stained and threadbare.

In short, a good place to work if you are nearby and have someone making a great deal more money than you contributing to your finances and no better prospects.
Pros
Good people, lots of support, good culture, super casual dress code.
Cons
Starvation wages, unrealistic goals, no paid sick days.
If you truly love customer service, here is a good place
Tier 2 Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 17, 2016
My current time at convergys is actually pretty good, despite the reviews, yes I have my own grudges about things, but thats just because im a 20 year old male without a full understanding of life and business

A typical day here, at least on the account I'm on involves taking daily incoming calls assisting customers with their cell phones and computers and taking over calls as a supervisor when needed to be.
I take incoming calls daily, follow up on customers as needed and grant exceptions on certain things depending on what the company can allow and what the situation is for the customer.

The management here, at least on the account I'm on, is very understanding and working. They will help and work with different types of schedules and really does work hard to make sure every employee is happy and likes working here

However, just don't be fooled at the expectations they will tell you. They will tell you coming in every day, being really great at your job guarantees promotion.

This is the only lie they tell here, the advisors chosen to be promotes,(to coaches, tl's, trainers, quality etc) are all based on favorites here. The Operations Managers try not to let this happen, but the Team Leaders provided such a biased opinion there really is no room for advancement
Pros
Air Condition building, 1 hour lunches, events
Cons
biased leaders
non productive an horrible workplace
Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
as a typical work day all you do is go in to the job and sit down a start dialing outbound until you get to go inbound(if they favorite you). I learned in order to get ahead in this company you need to become friends with the owner and you need to stay and do "overtime". the management her is very lousy, it sucks to see that if there is a customer that needs a supervisor, they tell you to tell them to get them to customer care or they will tell you to schedule a callback but they will never call back the customer, the co workers rely on each other here, very lazy and they never do their job, you have to do things by yourself, even if they never trained you for it, the hardest part of the job is getting the manager to actually work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job to me now is getting ready to find a new job, would never recommend this place
Pros
Cons
short breaks, benefits, help
Good job for someone trying to get on their feet
Customer Service/Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2016
For me, this was a good job to get back on my feet. Starting pay is $11.00 hr. They will hire pretty much anyone. There are a few perks to the job but the training isn't great, lots of communication issues between management and upper management. Not a place to make a career out of. Kinda like being in high school again.
Pros
Pool tables in the break room, free coffee.
Cons
Bonus and commissions constantly change and never get paid out when they are supposed to.
Mandatory OT, lowest wage they can get away with, counterproductive attendance policy.
Undefined (Current Employee) –  OregonJanuary 15, 2016
The company offers no opportunities for advancement. T1 agents in training make the same ammount as T2, Triage, Office of the President, and floor resources. SME's only make 25 cents an hour more. And the salaried team managers, when you consider how many hours they have to work, end up making less than t1 agents hourly week after week.

But since the sme and team lead positions are the ONLY opportunity for advancement, you get all kinds of ridiculous office politics and cut throat behaviors. No wonder the turnover rate is over 100% annually.
Pros
They treat you like entry level, always looking for a warm body to fill seats
Cons
Everything else.
Friendly environment, stressful at times
Comcast Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at convergys, starts with you clocking in. They have a point system in which if you reach 12 points you are terminated. If you are 5 minutes past your scheduled hour you are considered late and are given .25 points. After you clock in you log onto your phone and programs and start answering calls. I learned a lot of communicating skills and listening skills. The management at convergys is good, but sometimes the managers or TL's have favoritism so that was something that upset me. The co-workers at convergys were great you make friends in that company fast. The hardest part of the job was when it was call after call and sometimes we would get angry customers back to back, but i would always handle the situation well. I would always make a angry customer a happy one and that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good lunch breaks, Friendly environment, and good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times, favoritism with managers
I think it is a very good company to work for.
Subscriber Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 25, 2016
At the time that I worked for the company and the contract that they had with OnStar things were exciting and the product was still kind of new to the industry. The benefits were great but the hours were not always promising, it was like a lottery. Work hours were never a guarantee. Jobs no longer have job security but I was able to move and advance in different positions.
empty promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2015
in training we were promised :
a 30 cent raise for every 90 days perfect attendance
FALSE
Incentives up to 500.00 for sales
(my highest bonus check was 134.00 and it came three months after i started)

Managers have a morning huddle then they call "a power hour" where the managers walk around in wigs and shouting (as we are on calls talking to live customers) shouting save HBO, PERFECT SAVE, they ARE SHOUTING AND SOME WEARING WIGS AND COSTUMES AND if the customer doesn't remove their hbo or showtime you get a tiny candy bar or a plastic pair of glasses , or a rubber duck....yes, a rubber duck.

They promised NFL jerseys , footballs, tickets to games for their biggest promotion of the season.

most management is from california so they had tons of RAIDER gear but ran out of Bronco stuff. It was more typical to win a tiny foam football than to win a jersey anyway.
Cons
short breaks, strict by the minute time keeping, if you are late 1 minute you get a point against you up to twelve then you are fired
A decent job
Smart Chat (Current Employee) –  5600 E Brainerd rdOctober 3, 2015
A fun work place with lots of activities throughout the year. Prizes and free lunches a constant event throughout the year for different events or employee appreciation. A stressful job but lots of training and management support. Acceptable benefits. Constant change to match the changes of the culture and diversity. The pay is metric based and so fluctuates. Lots of opportunity for advancement. What I enjoyed most about the job is the teamwork mentality instilled in everyone and 360 feedback is encouraged. Everyone's voice can be heard.
Pros
Job is not strenuous
Cons
Pay is metric based
Very diversified place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2016
answer phone, make changes to customer credit card account, update accounts, make unhappy customer happy.

learned a lot about what customers could get by with claiming the charges weren't theirs. It was interesting, speaking with people from all over the world sometimes and learning about them.

management wasn't always the best, but could be worse. My co-workers were interesting, never a dull moment, enjoyable for the most part.

The hardest part of job was being cursed at and yelled at by some nasty customers and having to deal with them, calm them down and make them happy.
Pros
No free lunches, just really great supervisor
Cons
no free lunches, management not the greatest place to work, but it was a job.
Run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The convergys in Tampa is ridiculous.
This place is horrible the leadership is elementary at best the management is illiterate so they will screw you out of your commission working with AT&T the training is garbage the benefits is Hitlerean the schedule is Flexible which means you never have the weekends off and you never will get off at the e time no more then 2weeks at a stretch no room for breaks just 👎👎
Pros
A place to work for kids
Cons
Waste adults time
Can not recommend
Tech support, exclusively for small businesses (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 23, 2015
The company itself, Convergys is a nice place to work, but when you get put into your assignment, you get specialized training that is not enough. Doing tech support for AT&T is a daunting enough task, but without effective training or real time support, you are left to struggle and learn the hard way. If you can learn complex things quickly, you will do fairly well, but it wont be pleasant. You are judged on things beyond your control. If you pick up the phone and it is a complex issue that takes a long time, you are criticized for as. There are also surveys that you must score perfectly on. If they praise you for your hard work and this say anything about someone else or the company as a whole and give less than a 10/10, you are to blame for that. I've never seen such a high turnover at a place of business before.
Job is not worth the pay
Retention Specialist for AT&T / Directv (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 5, 2016
This company does not care for their employees. Everyone is paid the same, they say they give bonuses but every time you meet the standards for it they change so that you will not meet the next month. If you are lucky enough to get the bonus it will take them two months to pay it to you and 99% of the time it is wrong and you need to fight to get it. Managers are under trained and can not assist. (AT&T plus convergys suck). They want you to work with several products but do not want to pay employees right. When I started we only worked with wireless we made 9.00 hr- plus we received commission from AT&T and monthly bonuses from Convergys . Now we have to deal with Uverse/Wireless/and Directv we make 11.00 hr- we do not get commission anymore ( that was the only perk) and if we are lucky enough we might get a monthly bonus. The health insurance is expensive and not worth it. The sight director is useless and a waste of space. I would not recommend anyone to apply at this company!!!!!
Pros
401k, vacation
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, insurance is over priced
Could be better
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2016
The treatment is like your a toddler and you can not have ANYTHING on your desk. You can not put up reminders as you can not have anything to write with and your constantly under they eyes of people who tell you how to do your job but have never or rarely ever took a phone call or a chat. There is never enough people to help with your question and the team leads refuse to take a supervisor call but tell non supervisors to do it.

They don't ask you if you would like to work overtime but will just schedule you for it and expect you to be there or you will get points for not being there.

Over all its an ok place to work if you don't want a life outside work. Even one of the guards says "welcome HOME"

The plus side is they gave excessive overtime all season. That could be because so many people quit or got fired so there was not enough people there.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
treated like children, the manager yells out to auto in for calls and wrap up for chats, Like being in a prison since you can't have anything on your desk, When it is slow you just sit and star at a computer screen
Awful management.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2015
The job itself isn't terrible, however the management of the building cares nothing about your ability to do your job. Not a single agent on the floor is able to consistently meet the metrics, due to the variables on the floor. The only thing that matters to these people are numbers, they don't care about anyone personally. The office is crowded to the point to where you have to park in another buildings lot in order to go to work if you're not there before 9am. The parking lot is tiny and filled with people who double park and the property manager used to tow these people, now they just let it happen and you lose 20-30 parking spots due to the double parking. You do your job correctly and management will punish you for it, do it incorrectly you get fired for it. There's literally no in-between.
Pros
There are no pro's other than a close lunch room that you pay for.
Cons
Terrible management skills. Too crowded.
Company view
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2016
They are reliable when it comes to job stability, however they were not good with support from management. Also they do not keep you with a steady schedule.
Pros
1hr lunch & good advancement
Cons
schedule and employee support/ management
worst company i have ever worked for
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 30, 2015
Convergys is a 3rd party call center that is more worried about filling seats than they are about training the people correctly. They don't care about their employees. Anytime an issue would come up at work regarding my kids(i'm a single mom of 3 kids) their responses was not there problem i had to figure it out. they don't communicate anything with there employees. they run about 3 months behind on pay out on their bonuses. which was kind of useful since i was still getting paid for the next 3 months after they fired me for no call no show because my maternity leave was denied AFTER I came back to work for 30 day. they are a sneaky and shady company. they also do not believe in do raises. they will do the yearly evaluation to make sure your doing your job right but they won't give you a raise. so you can literarily still be making $10/hr after you have been there for 1,5 or 10 yrs... unless you get a promotion to supervisor.
Pros
its a hjob
Cons
every thing about that company is a con