Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 4,453 reviews matching the search
Very professional and enjoyable work environment.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed this job. I could go to work everyday and feel like I was really helping someone out. I learned so much from this job; numerous amounts of computer programs to help the customer, and plenty of opportunities to personally aid customers. I had great coworkers. They usually made the job more fun and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was that there were sales requirements in an place where it is technical support focused.
Pros
Good pay, loads of learning, great coworkers and management.
Cons
Sales expectations, strict scheduling.
very effective world to work in.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Loved every minute of working for the service, but better opportunities in the civilian world. Management was always great, and i have learned how to work with good and bad people.
Great environment
Rx Educator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
This is a good company. They give very easy ways to earn extra money, but the starting pay is horrible. For the amount of work you do and the pressure that you are under, the pay should be much more. Other than that this is a great place to work. I like it alot.
Not my style.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 9, 2016
I could never really get into working at Convergys. I didn't like sitting all day and doing nothing but answer phones. I like talking to people face to face, not over the phone while staring at a computer screen.
It was nice to be able to work from home.
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 8, 2016
Working from home was a big plus, saving the commute. A typical day would entail to around 45-60 calls dealing with different customers on billing issues. I learned the system pretty quickly with adding and removing line items from accounts, making the billing process much easier for each customer. The management is great, they are always available to help out when needed and help transition to newer things. Not very many relationships with co-workers due to the fact that it was a work at home job. Though we do communicate in team meetings and also in our group chats. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping the customer with every need and giving them all necessary information to get help in the future.
Apple Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Convergys is a great company to work for. Especially if you get into a spot with Apple Customer Care. You will answer calls related to any one of their devices or services. Have no fear you are not just dropped into it, you have 3 weeks of training on all of the products first.
Outsource company that offered many positions
Account and Customer Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Inconsistent, because contracts were determined by corporate need and was liable to terminate in short periods of time, which made job security sketchy.
Pros
diversity
Cons
job security
Good Start
H&R Block FS Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2016
This company has helped me get into the professional work environment the easiest way possible after college. At times there can be break in communication, but the tasks they set for themselves get done.
Work with a lot of different kind of people.
Technical Support and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2016
You have 5 weeks of training at first and then get sent to the phones after that. You take calls from clients about their bill, bad service, wanting more options, wanting to cancel, etc. Hardest part is employees attitudes.
Pros
Twice a month they fed you for free
Cons
very short breaks, can not even go to the bathroom sometimes.
Learning enviorment with growth opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 4, 2016
I would take inbound calls for customers whom were having issues with the cable, phone, or internet. Troubleshooting was the main idea for all issues, but if non could be fix then I would send out a truck for service. I've learned how the network of cable actually works when having troubleshooting issues. Management was helpful in each field. Co-workers sort of stayed to themselves getting task done. Hardest part of the job was when your not able to fix a customer's issue due to a tragic incident that only tech operators can resolve. Point system, overtime offered consistently played a major view in this job.
Pros
contest, rewards
Cons
pay rate
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I feel like my training was terrible. we were not prepared for the work that was expected of us. When there were additions made to the company we wernt trained properly then either. Employees are under a lot of pressure. i always had a headache until i made it home.
Pros
pay .
Cons
stress
Good Job
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262February 4, 2016
very interesting job dealing with onstar giving directions to various customers. Learned a lot about geographics and dealing with people..
Pros
health and dental benifits
Cons
high call volume, no freedom
Not the place for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 3, 2016
Convergys was ok to work for but for the customer service position they emphasized sales to much. If you are not a natural born sales person this is probably not the job for you
Pros
Comfortable work place and benifits
Cons
Expect A sale on every call
Poor Management; Does not value employees
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I worked at Convergys for 3.75 years and held 5 different positions. I put in long hours for the company and not once did I ever feel valued. There were constant management changes and nobody was ever on the same page which cause a lot of confusion and unhappiness with managers and employees. Convergys gets away with paying agents and managers the bare minimum for what the job entails. The agents started off at $11 and hour but for all the work they did for Advanced Technical Support on the AT&T account it was no where close to being enough. As a trainer who worked his way all the way from the bottom as a agent my salary was just a hair over 29k a year and if you measured my salary into 40 hour work weeks I was making $13.83/hr. but every week would come out to at least 50 - 55 hours. I would recommend Convergys for any young person who needs to build up their resume but nothing further then that. I am now 24 years old and I have built a nice resume but I would never return to Convergys.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Wage, Management, Schedules
Great place to work with great people.
Travel Guide/Custopmer Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTFebruary 3, 2016
I answer customer inbound calls, and help them with their travel plans. I have learned about parts of the world i never knew existed. And have added to my travel bucket list.The people and management are great. They really care about you and do what they can to help. The hardest part of my job id just sitting all day.
Pros
They feed you all the time.
Cons
Cold sales
Great temporary Job
Customer Service Representative/ Convergys (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Easy place to get your foot in the door...not too many requirements. Training for H&R block product support, however, is too short (2 weeks) could have been executed a lot better.
a very nice enviroment
Sales and Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 2, 2016
you will learn something new everyday about this job. the management is wonderful, i will preferred others to work there, i left due to transportation and it was far far far far away from where i lived
Pros
making a sale on a call is the best
Cons
short breaks
non productive an horrible workplace
Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
as a typical work day all you do is go in to the job and sit down a start dialing outbound until you get to go inbound(if they favorite you). I learned in order to get ahead in this company you need to become friends with the owner and you need to stay and do "overtime". the management her is very lousy, it sucks to see that if there is a customer that needs a supervisor, they tell you to tell them to get them to customer care or they will tell you to schedule a callback but they will never call back the customer, the co workers rely on each other here, very lazy and they never do their job, you have to do things by yourself, even if they never trained you for it, the hardest part of the job is getting the manager to actually work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job to me now is getting ready to find a new job, would never recommend this place
Pros
Cons
short breaks, benefits, help
this place sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I was working in the sales part. the money was great but its supposed to be plus commission. i never got my commission check the entire time i was there. Also they have an EXTREMELY high turn over rate, and people would get fired over simple things. would not recommend at ALL!!!
I enjoyed working for the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company and I enjoyed working from home I answered the phones and did sales for 8 hours. I worked from home and I really like the direct tv project that we worked on. I did sales and customer trouble shooting and bill issues for the customer
Pros
work from home