Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,897 reviews matching the search
A Decent Job For A Nonfamily Person
Customer Service Representative C.R.G Department (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 28, 2017
You answer calls from customers, dealing with sales, technical, disconnects, or simple billing. The environment is not stable you do not have a set desk so be sure to sanitize everything. They will not work with your schedule for home life, no matter who you talk to. You can hardly use your own PTO you have obtained unless you are a team leader or higher. The only plus side is you do get roughly 12 absences before they fire you.
Pros
Absensces Allowance
Cons
Sheduling, No set desk, no use of pto
Stressful environment with inconsistent and uncaring management
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  charlotte, ncMarch 24, 2017
This job appears as the perfect work place from the outside, but once you pass your interview, which isn't hard due to the company's high turn around rate, you are thrown into a web of lies and deceit. They do not appear to care about their employees and it seems to be because they hire a variety of people all the time. They are non consistent with policies nor pay. The job does not provide a sense of security.
Productive, fun environment
Technical Support/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 13, 2017
Typical day at work: provide technical support for inbound calls regarding tracking packages/software support.
Learned: how to multitask, how to remote into other peoples systems, how to resolve issues, problem solving techniques
Hardest part of job: did not know everything about tech support so had to utilize a Knowledge Base application to assist
Pros
Ability to learn more than 1 skill area
Cons
Work schedule was sporadic
Fun and productive place with mounted TVs.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 23, 2017
Working at convergys was fun I enjoyed the customer interaction I a was able to see each day. The hardest part was learning how to actually talk to people and also to learn how to troubleshoot. Working there I learned how to think outside the box when it came to customers needs. The work atmosphere was great as well the people were really friendly and nice teaching me how to be a good customer service rep. In all i would say it was one of the best places that I have ever worked at!
Great job to have when searching for the right job
Chat tech agent (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 6, 2017
Convergys is a great place to work. Awesome benefits. Pay is awesome. Overtime is unlimited to agents.
Management can work a little harder with working with there agents rather than worrying about whose team wins the most perfect surveys.
Incentives are great.
Security for my job is a 0. I feel like I could loose my job in a moment if my stats are not perfect.

Over all, I would rate this an average job. Great pay.
This job is only for me until I am out of school and get the job i desire with my educational background.
Pros
Benefits, work perks, pay and unlimited overtime
Cons
Management, not a secure job and unable to work with you and your school schedule.
Turnover rate is incredible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2017
The job was decent for the most part. The managers, if you got in good with them long enough, would do their best to make sure you did well there. The pay was alright. The turnover rate though was incredible. There was always a new training class coming out onto the call floor every week. Also there was always a job fair type thing going on in the lobby. Over 100 people would come in for a job and only 20 get put in the class for training. Everyone else had to apply and interview again.
Bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 23, 2017
I worked there for 4 months and was fired for "call avoidance" aka transferring the customer to the right department that can help them. I worked in the customer service representative side and there was only so much we could do. We had numbers and were told if a customer can't be helped by us we transfer them to the department that can. I did as instructed and was fired. This job is a joke and so are the managers only the co-workers are worth staying at a place like that and to top it off HR doesn't even help it takes many calls and many constant trips to the office for anything to get done. 10/10 don't recommend.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
terrible atmosphere with terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2017
A horrible place to work unless you are just starting out in the call center business. The only good benefit was the free Directv I got for working there. The good coaches all left or got fired. You can get a good bonus if you achieve your goals, but so many people are dishonest with customers to achieve these goals it makes you look bad if you try to do it the right way. If you want to move up to a higher position you get no bonus with little to no pay increase. And the call center area itself is like a dark dungeon with roach sightings a common thing.
Pros
Free Directv
Cons
Having to work there
no way
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2017
this job started off with a great feel and an even better atmosphere all things changed when the training was over people wdere getting fired left and right the turn over rate is so high you might as well count your blessing everytime your able to clock out because whose to say you even have a job the next morning management gives little to no care about you or assessing any issue regarding situations at the job its a money factory with the only gain in adding revenue to trainees and firing once the office become fully staffed. makes sense why they always have trainees every week
Love this job!!!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 14, 2017
I would go back to Convergys in a heartbeat. This was a awesome fun, easy job to have. There is a very good support system with Convergys. You can make good money and great incentives. I unfortunately was unable to keep my position for personal reasons. But given the opportunity would return in a heartbeat. I was able to meet various interesting people, customers and co-workers. The training process made it easy to get right to work. Loved it!
Pros
Cons
Adjusting to working from home
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 22, 2017
I worked for Convergys in Pueblo Colorado. The entire staff is amazing! We had a completely supportive staff, with compassionate, educated, amazing upper management. It's truly a wonderful place to work.
I had extremely strict schedule restrictions while I was employed here. Upper management went out of their way, to accommodate my family life with my work schedule.
Day to day, we all worked as a team, for progress, education, and pushing one another forward to our highest potential.
We had many friendly competitions, with excellent prizes, and so many fun events.
Supervisors were never hard to find, and all had an open door policy,
Pros
Happy company!
Cons
Needed more coffee in the break room
Benefits were ok but Mandatory Overtime left no time for life after work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 23, 2017
Management was not very helpful. You were punished if you didn't get your mandatory upgrades or too many downgrades. Mandatory overtime was pushed on everyone even when you already worked a 40 hour week so it was hard to have a balanced home and work life. It was a stressful job as well because customers yell a lot, which you expect, but there was never a manager to take calls when needed.
Convergys...
OnStar Advisor for GM Motors (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Unnecessarily strict. It's understood that a business should have some security guidelines but it's to the point where t makes me uncomfortable and makes me feel like a robot. I can't have a personality just do as they say, wear what they say, and don't get 2 points because you'll be sent home and fired. And it's not that difficult to inherit those 2 points. This job personally isn't for me. It's difficult for me to give any positive feedback, but if anyone is interested, experience the job for yourself.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No freedom, unnecessarily strict
One of the best jobs i ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2017
I Really enjoyed working at convergys. Most of the team leaders were very nice and helped within 5 minutes if needed. I talked to about 300-400 people on a regular day. Its a very fast paced environment but it fun and you get to make someones day in about a minute in a half. Best way to make money and have fun at the same time.
Pros
Good salary, nice team leaders
Cons
The calls aee faced paced but once you gwt a hang of it youll be just fine.
Emotionally Demanding Work
Billing Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 14, 2017
This was the hardest job I have ever had. Granted it was my first step into the call center industry and the term baptism by fire comes to mind. Back to back calls all day every day of one customer after another yelling and demeaning you because they didn't pay their bills on time. The customers concerns were often easily addressed and taken care of but it was extremely rare you received any gratitude at all. It was constant emotional battery.
Cons
Emotionally stressful job
Over all great place to work with fun and wonderful people.
Intuit QuickBooks Online Tech support specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work for, with wonderful people to work with. Management are wonderful and caring and the befits are great even part timers get the full pack. Were are always have site events and tons of fun, tho it is a call center so if you don't like working in a office on a phone all the time it mite not be the best fit but i love it and it is over all the best job I have had over all.
Pros
1 hour lunches and 2 15 min brakes
Cons
none that i can really think of.
Funnest, most compensating job
Team Leader/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 17, 2017
It was very fast paced, awesome coworkers. Management was very understanding and the schedule system was and still is awesome. Pays very good, and the training is completely paid. Great hours and always opportunities for ot. All kinds of incentives, advancement options. A very free, fast paced, independent(always could find help though) work environment. Very liberal
Pros
LOTS OF BREAKS, AWESOME DRESS CODE
Cons
CUSTOMERS CAN BE VERY RUDE
National cash advance was a great paying job that had a promising future for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 26, 2017
I liked my job but management became to source of my exiting job. I have always thought about the Idea of sitting behind a desk and being of assistance to the public so, National Cash Advance was that opportunity until management had such of a drive to keep and put customers into these high rank loans, I began to not like my job anymore.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Door to door soliticting involvment
Productive oriented with some benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 28, 2017
Horrible parking lot, always flooded.
The place is dreary inside and grey, the calls you take are also feeling pressured to either make a sale or to meet a goal set by the client but not site management.
On the upside you get paid to sit down and take calls.
On the downside... obesity.
On the downside... it becomes mentally depressing after 6months.
On the upside you still get Paid Time-Off even though your bonus has been shrunk.
On the upside, great security.
Pros
Pool table to take out rage on., Just smack those balls around!
Cons
No dual monitors so can't be very productive and computers systems are slow.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 4, 2017
High energy and lots of support while solving customer issues.This company provides good support utilizing extensive job aids, It also promotes team leadership roles within.

Fun place to work while servicing customers and educating peers into one team. Though a new company to Savannah, they really go to great lengths to provide a good working enviroment and by supplying the tools needed for maximum performance.
Pros
New cafe for breaks
Cons
Not enough parking spaces