Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,245 reviews matching the search
Good starting point to learn Quickbooks.
Technical Support Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 9, 2016
Convergys started out OK, however as time has gone on it has proven a little less then satisfactory for me. The attendance policy changed recently and if you are a single minute past your shift starting point, you are given a 1/4 point, which is a verbal warning at 5-6 and a review/potential termination at 8. There isn't anything our operating manager can do about it, so because the computer systems are slow you get get a ding on your attendence.

Coworkers really save this place, I worked as a Technical supervisor (Tier 2) and they are all fairly close. Outside of that, the Tier 1 position isn't as close or friendly, more like a sit down, work and leave.

It was awesome receiving survey returns that were simply the nicest and warmest things people could say, and it was because of me they felt that way, and the worst was when there was simply nothing I could do because Intuit didn't design something well or messed up and we had to suffer because of it.

The hardest part is dealing with certain customers that have very strong notions of what should be, but isn't, and you have to try and tell them what is actually correct.

Overall, its not a bad place to pick up some customer service/Quickbooks skills, but it is NOT a career job by any means, every position is underpaid.
Pros
Quickbooks Knowledge, Nice break room.
Cons
Pods can become cramped, attendance policy, wages.
Good opportunity to advance career.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 9, 2016
Worked as a Technical Support Engineer here. Good opportunity to learn different technologies and to get exposure to big enterprise clients. It is a bit hectic but not bad for a entry level position.
Working for Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2016
I want to say that even though I don't work there any more, I enjoyed it. The people and atmosphere where great. I would go back if I wasn't trying to change fields.
Pros
Great bonuses and incentives
Cons
High turn over rate, long hours
Fast paced, high call volume, customer care,
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 8, 2016
The call volume was high especially in the Bilingual department, however it was very interesting to get customer calls from all over the world. Providing excellent customer care and hearing their positive feedback such as: "yay, I like that", "that makes me very happy", "thank you so much for helping me fix my mess" ...was very rewarding! Co-workers were always helpful, respectful, and fun to be with. Overall, a nice place to work at!
Pros
meet new people, obtained customer satisfaction with help provided
Cons
rotating shifts, little medical benefits
Customer Care
Customer Care Problem Resolution Rep II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 7, 2016
Assisted customers with troubleshooting on either their cable or high speed internet. If the products failed then a technician is scheduled to go out to the home and correct the issue.
Pros
15 min breaks, two are issued during a 9 hr shift with an hour or 30 min lunch
Cons
Gossip
Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2016
Convergy's was amazing. They helped when needed. It was slow in some days but sometimes would get busy and have us exhausted by the end of shift. I loved the though.
Place for experience, not a career.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 7, 2016
My first full time job; and it was awful. The part of convergys I worked for was under AT&T. We would help customers with there bills and not much else. For basically everything else you would have to transfer them to a different department, you would then get in trouble for transferring if you do it to much. The issue comes with business accounts, unified/combined bills, Technical issues, Orders placed through Opus, Cancellation and Retention, etc... You had to transfer for those and so many more. An ATT customer can spend hours just holding, because of ATT's segregation. You would then have to push Directv and a tablet onto the customer or else your job is under threat. Not to mention that the HR department functions soley on rumors and hear/say. Careful who you talk to, and what you say. To leave off on a postive note, my co-workers were wonderful, just fantastic people. I enjoyed all of my managers except for the one from OTT. The people were great, some of the customers too! However, the upper managment was more focused on numbers than humans, the work was easy, but tedious; and all it took was a rumor to put my head on the chopping block. Definitely an easy job with great co-workers, just go in with very low expectations about the way things function.
Pros
Great co-workers and floor managment.
Cons
Short breaks, Short lunch, and basically everything else.
Iffy
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 7, 2016
Cant say enough good or bad about this place the management is a joke they more often than not have no experience in the field that they working in the training staff is fantastic
Convergy's
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 7, 2016
I loved working there but due to my husband in the military I had to leave. People were friendly and helpful. Different task daily. The hours was a problem they wanted me to work from 10am til 9pm. which gave me hardly any hometime with my family.
Pros
fun, fast paced, different assignments daily
Cons
didnt like work hours to much
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 6, 2016
Convergys has always been a very great place to work. The managers are easy to get along with, very supportive, and hard workers. I have learned that hard work pays off. As a manager I have learned patience and fairness in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is not being fully prepared for the work at hand. The most enjoyable part is helping others. My days currently consist of training agents and handling the struggles of working with multiple different personalities and trying to meet the needs of 20 agents.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Some unprofessional employees

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Mediocre Call-center
Customer Service Specialist/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 6, 2016
I gave Convergys a try simply to be able to be able to add it as experience but would never consider reapplying. I have nothing more to add onto this comment box.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
This company needs more..
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 6, 2016
Nothing really changes in a call center environment other than polices every now and then. The department in which I am hired for is lacking in the incentives area. Bonuses actually being added to this department other than overtime would be nice.
Pros
nice people, flexible hours
Cons
healthcare, no bonuses, 3 week rotating schedule
call center for Walgreen
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2016
you take calls for Walgreen pharmacy, mostly its data entry, you fill prescriptions or spend time explaining things to patients. a lot of the same thing so its fairly easy work, and they help you get your pharmacy technician licence for free.
Pros
easy
Cons
no down time
Very productive days calling customers
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2016
Calling customers to see if they would like to get prescriptions delivered to their house
my co workers were very helpful if i had any questions
the best part about the job was communicating and talking to people on the telephones all day
Pros
Nice people, helpful management and co workers
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2016
The management is ok, but the job sucks you take hundreds of calls a day you deal with customers that curse you out on a daily basis and they don't like to pay vacation
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Short break
excellent opportunity
Accountant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2016
When I worked for Conergys I really enjoyed it. The enviorment was pleasant to work in and my boss at the time was very encouraging and helpful. I loved going to work there.
Pros
opportunity for ot and to earn extra cash!!
Run and do not look back
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 4, 2016
I can say i loved the job but the management.... Well they are a bunch a kids and lack respect and most are just plain aweful!!!! The coworkers were nice but always being in constant fear of losing your job no thank you! Plus the pay was not great for the work you do! When you do a good job at what you do no one cares you do not get raises and the bonus structure is a joke!!
Pros
customers were great! job was easy for me anyways
Cons
Poor management! They are disrespectful! No raises, impossible bonus structure, job security is a nightmare!
great company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2016
Great company to work for, as long as youre doing your job the management is fair and understanding. The hiring process is normal doesn't take that long after the interview.
interesting
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 4, 2016
A typical day at Convergys is assisting customers with their troubleshooting directv services. What I learned was how to how utilize my customer service skills to assist customers, convince them to stay with our company and purchase new or better equipment and programming.
Pros
Free Directv
Cons
rude customers
Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 4, 2016
Worked here for a while and a few years ago and the management is awful... customers constantly cursing at you and managers are complete a**hats and they never help you.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.