Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 7,669 reviews matching the search
Call center with good break area
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great place to make cash for minimum physical activity. Everyday 9-5 kind of job. Management is great, they are employees that have been promoted and are understanding and very willing to help you move up.
Pros
Two 15 min breaks.
Cons
Two 15 min breaks unpayed.
UnOrganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 21, 2017
Convergys is very unorganized and out of control. It is a very unfair work environment that doesn't allow you to request days off to handle personal business such as doctor's appointments they don't provide you with enough time to even enjoy your off days without changing the schedule and forcing you to work on days you have off.
Love the flexibility!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 20, 2017
Although the salary is not the greatest, if you consider what you would spend on transportation, lunch and wardrobe, it works out great. The scheduling is very flexible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not really any
Great to start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 20, 2017
You begin taking calls, learn a lot about taking care of people, manage their anger.
Managers know their stuff, but there is a lot of rotation on the personnel.
It is stressful if you can not leave behind whatever happened on that day.
Great Place to Start Stay and Grow
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2017
Great Place to Start Stay and Grow. Company is growing in the right direction. Very much of family fill and opportunity for growth. Love the free lunch and monthly parties
Pros
monthly socials
Cons
healthcare cost
doesn't exist
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2017
Company went out of business years ago. the staff was great and made sure their employees were taken care of. This was a great place to work ten hour days.
fair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 20, 2017
I took inbound calls for Sprint Customer service and I would take payments on the account and sale customer text messages plans. I would renew contracts and help customer with there cell phones
poor place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 20, 2017
they were sued for not paying employees right. no real training. managers are horrible. they layoff managers all the time without notice. never trained well.
Pros
good expensive benefits.
Cons
just unproffessional
My Review
Member services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoy working at Convergys. It has taught me great work ethic and paste. I have learned how to work at a steady and proficient paste and with the way things are evolving with time that to me is very valuable. I have also learned how operate under high stress levels.
Productive and strict
OnStar Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2017
Convergys is a good job, but for the pay, they require a strict schedule. The team leads there are unprofessional and are not always around when needed.
Cons
Short break
I would not recommend that anyone with other job options work at Convergys.
Complete Customer Care and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 20, 2017
The training at Convergys is minimal and in no way prepares you for the work you will really be doing once you reach the production floor. Management is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of, and when you need a manager, you will be told to "figure it out" and be left waiting for upwards of 3 minutes while Customers yell at you on the phone. The hardest part of this job is the stress level. Even as a good sales person that was getting sales everyday, your managers and team leaders will be on you to sell even more and more, regardless of customer satisfaction. The enjoyable parts of the job include having 2 breaks and a lunch well spaced throughout your shift and you do make some friends while there. Would not recommend to anyone that has other job opportunities. Human resources will NOT return phone calls or emails and was NO help when they messed up my Insurance. I was pregnant the entire time I worked for Convergys, and as I became closer to term, several rude comments were made to me from MANAGEMENT to "possibly look for another job" because I made some of the managers uncomfortable by being so close to by due date and still working.
Pros
Pay is decent for a college student.
Cons
Management is awful, stress
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2017
This is a great place to work. I would recommend this job for anyone looking for a job in payroll and accounting. The company is great to work for. I am thankful for the opportunity.
work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 19, 2017
.back to back calls
.how to multi task.
.how to use probing questions
.great on coaching
.upset customers
.my team mates

did a lot of out bound and inbound calls
work on two different projects
fun coworkers
Case Manager (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTJuly 19, 2017
It was all about stats.
"You were 3 seconds over"
I was discriminated.
Parking became smaller and smaller.
Some women used FMLA benefits as multiple vacations plan
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2017
This is a good job money wise and I loved working with the customer. It was the enviornment and the way things went in the building. Management is poor, they lack professionalism.
Unprofessional
Customer Service and Technical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 19, 2017
Very Unprofessional! Never a set schedule. No one wants to help you they send you from person to person. The Team leads have favorites and are not fair. They act like they go by the 12.25 point system but they really don't its all about favorites and your performance does not matter to them if your looking for a long term job, this is not it...
Efficient
Customer SVC Resolution Rep, Sprint/Nextel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
It was a well organized out-sourced call center. I worked for Sprint/Nextel and there was no issue with finding assistance, requesting what I needed personally or understanding what was required of me.
Pros
Efficient
n/a
Telephone Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 19, 2017
i didnt like my experience there. too much stress and way to far from where i lived. the pay was good and overtime was great but just wasnt a job for me.
Fast paced , stressful , poor management but decent pay & ways to advance
HBO , stars , & showtime consultant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 19, 2017
When I first started they have a 2-3 week training course which is an absolute waste of time . The girl that was training us had been just a regular convergys consultant & talked on & on about her personal life , you really won't get a feel for the job till you're out on the floor . It is so competitive & I was part of the hbo/stars/showtime team but they have it to where you have to try at least 3 times to persuade the caller not to cancel something, a lot of shady people will just add things to a customers package in order to get bonuses. Many of the upper level staff were incredibly immature & some on a power trip . There is good pay & u get to talk to people around the world who call but I would not recommend this job .
Pros
The chance to engage with people from all over & the prizes you can win .
Cons
Poor management, waste of time training course, & they hire people who are not fit to be in higher positions
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
Training is a great way to let the employees know how to do their job and what the company expects from the employees. The hardest part of the job is to deal with rude clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.