Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,649 reviews matching the search
Not bad
Account specialist (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
It's a very structured environment which leads to undue stress at first. Just do as you are told and the money is good. I don't mind the job, as it is just taking calls and typing info in, however it does get mind-numbingly repetitive. Personally it isn't a career job because it's so inactive. I can't just sit at a desk all day for 40 years.
Pros
Breaks are evenly dispersed.
Cons
Non-flexible schedule, customers can be rather rude
Good job to start your career
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Convergys was very good to me over the years. It was a good starter job that helped me get through college then it helped me start my career as a call center supervisor. I ended up working there for 18 years.
terrible place to work
DirecTV customer service (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 26, 2017
minimal breaks and no lunches. It was not easy to receive help from management when a problem would arise. This company did not have any type of support for their employees. Often time we were not paid for time we were having technical issues even when it was proven that the company was at fault.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
no help from management.
Great place to start a career
Operations Team leader (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Convergys is a great place to build your customer service skills, starting as an agent and then moving forward if you are interested, you will interact with different cultures all the time and make some good relations with your coworkers.
Pros
variety of culture, management
Cons
short breaks
They dont care about their employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 26, 2017
They wanted sales more then they wanted happy customers. They only cares about the sales. None of the management has people skills.
Oppressive
Equipment sales (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 26, 2017
The work at Convergys in not bad. You deal with customers to solve their problems. The politics at Convergys is ridicules. They write you up for everything. They have so many metrics that must be met They treat the employee's like children in school. You have to put everything you own in a locker and can have nothing at your desk but a drink and a coat that you have to throw under the desk. The time off is not fair either. You can only schedule a vacation day a month in advance and there is never any UTO available. Makes it hard to schedule a life when you are so limited to getting time off to make appointments and actually keep them without getting a point against you at work because you need to go to a Dr's appointment.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
they took away the bonuses
ok place to work if you like noise
Customer Care/Tier II Tech (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 26, 2017
Answered calls from people with problems with their product. Handled their problems and if possible sell more to them. Learned how to handle lots of stress. It was by far the hardest place to work I ever encountered. Fast paced and stressful
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Ringing cowbells in your ears while on a phone with a customer
productive
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoy talking to people as well as helping them. This is a job you can do both. You get some good callers and so very upset or just plan upset ones. but key is they just want to be helped and if you can do that then that is what makes it all worth it.
Pros
great pay
Cons
base of sales
Started great, ending poorly.
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 25, 2017
Working for this company was great for the first year, after that shifts in management and lack of performance ultimately the contract was lost. If the company paid more to their employees they would not have lost some of their best agents,
management and co-workers are very caring and pleasant people.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 25, 2017
not boring, deal with many different kinds of personalities
excellent training programs
hardest part of the job was having to sit all the time
comfortable environment and atmosphere
Pros
nice break room with variety of foods in vending machines
Cons
distance from parking
Interesting place to work, great opportunities for advancement
Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2017
*You spend the day working with customers
*I learned more about helping in customer service industries
*The management is really agreeable and works well with you
Easy job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 25, 2017
It is an okay place to work. Pay is low and so they mostly get first-time job seekers who have no idea how to actually work in an office atmosphere. Morale is low.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
A positive work environment.
Sales Representative I (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 25, 2017
It has really good benefits, attendance policy is really strict but overall the income is great. A typical day at work for me is clocking on pulling up our systems to assist our customers when calling in for issues. What I am still currently learning is being a in a sales environment typing on a day to day basis taking notes on the customers needs. Management at Converges is really disorganized. Workplace culture is formal attire and professional attitudes. The hardest part of this job is getting a feel for the systems to assist customers when they call in. The thing i enjoy the most is offering our sales getting to know what the customer is like just from talking to them.
Pros
Health Insurances
Cons
Short Lunches
Super fun work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 24, 2017
It was fun to work at convergys they have great benefits and bonus. Plus, they work with you extremely well. I met lots of fun people its just a far distance to travel. I would recommend it to anyone who likes call centers
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Distance
not a great place to work
Customer Service & Problem Rep II (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKFebruary 24, 2017
it was not a good place to work, always being yelled at by customers and this place only gave there friends promotions and never gave
anyone else a chance
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Well I liked this job. Customers were sometimes lonely and needed people to talk to. We got to play uno when it was slow. They let you call in 2 hours late or leave 2 hours early.
Pros
An employee can call in two hours late or leave two hours early.
Great customer service experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 24, 2017
I worked in Convergys for a few years and everyone there was extremely helpful and considerate. Office was very neat, clean, and staff was very professional.
Turnover rate is incredible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2017
The job was decent for the most part. The managers, if you got in good with them long enough, would do their best to make sure you did well there. The pay was alright. The turnover rate though was incredible. There was always a new training class coming out onto the call floor every week. Also there was always a job fair type thing going on in the lobby. Over 100 people would come in for a job and only 20 get put in the class for training. Everyone else had to apply and interview again.
Benefits were ok but Mandatory Overtime left no time for life after work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 23, 2017
Management was not very helpful. You were punished if you didn't get your mandatory upgrades or too many downgrades. Mandatory overtime was pushed on everyone even when you already worked a 40 hour week so it was hard to have a balanced home and work life. It was a stressful job as well because customers yell a lot, which you expect, but there was never a manager to take calls when needed.
Fun and productive place with mounted TVs.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 23, 2017
Working at convergys was fun I enjoyed the customer interaction I a was able to see each day. The hardest part was learning how to actually talk to people and also to learn how to troubleshoot. Working there I learned how to think outside the box when it came to customers needs. The work atmosphere was great as well the people were really friendly and nice teaching me how to be a good customer service rep. In all i would say it was one of the best places that I have ever worked at!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

74%