Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,694 reviews matching the search
It's a Job
Manager on duty for telecommunications contract (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJune 23, 2016
They are all about the money. I was a top performer the whole time I was there. I was told I can not move up because we would lose to much money. Though I did TL jobs at time as they talked about outside life or slacked off. Not impressed hoping that I find work at a more professional company.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Your a number to them not a person
They have a pool table
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
The best thing about this place is the break room. They make mandatory over time hours and constantly lose track of hours worked for employees during those times. Place is dirty and it is very hard to stay in good health due to many sicknesses floating through building with no real cleaning done to vents, etc...
Pros
Break room has a pool table
Cons
Management is very out of touch with what is going on in the sales area, Management is out of touch with employees
Terrible place to work.
Retention Sales Representative AT&T (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 23, 2016
I worked at this company for almost 8 months. During the time of training I started with about 25 people. When I began taking calls only 10 people remained from the training. When I left the company it was only me and one other person from my training. Thats how fast people were quitting this company. The hourly pay and commission is terrible, you will barely get commission (less than $50) because MAJORITY of the customers are calling to cancel there accounts because AT&T is over priced or a store rep messed up someone account. The management does not give good support they only complain about making numbers. They hire young kids out of high school and there is no dress code, so you will see people dressed any kind of way (unprofessional). Do NOT waste your time applying if your looking for a REAL job that you can get paid good money and advance in the company.
Pros
hours
Cons
More cancels then commission. terrible management. unfair point system.
N/a
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
great company to work for, the job ended, nice co worker, learn alot with handling customers, hardest part is getting to know the systems
Wealth of Knowledge
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2016
A high-pace diversed call center explains every aspect of Convergys. I have learned to lead by example and follow the directions of my direct leader. Convergys Leadership training is outstanding.
convergys
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2016
is a nice place to work at starting out as a teen with no worries or any type of bills to pay pays well but is very unorganized and the managers don't really care about the employees
It's a job with a great schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 21, 2016
Convergys is a good company to start working with, they have a great work schedule and after training if the schedule does not accommodate to your needs (daycare, school, 2nd job) they are willing to work with you and change your schedule as quickly as possible.
Pros
They work with your schedule.
Cons
Management is handled poorly sometimes.
Worked with Chrysler
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 21, 2016
Kept up good relationship between Dealerships and Customer, set up appointments, studied up on cases through computer.
Pros
learned customer care, computers
Cons
not good pay for the amount of work
good people
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2016
good environment, nice people but high attrition, low salaries and poor benefits, people there make the difference. Hardest part was to see my peers leaving the company for better opportunities.
I Enjoyed the time working at Convergys
Customer Service and Problem Resolution Rep. II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2016
I Worked as a Internet tech support agent typical day for me come in clock in my phone and computer as well access all my tools so when the customer calls in I am able to assist with any concerns.
Bad communication
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2016
Horrible atmosphere I worked for key bank they had a lack of communication and responsible leadership. One supervisor even hit on me on multiple occasions even after I reported him to higher management , shortly after that I was terminated.
Pros
FULL TIME
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
productive workplace,
Retention/transition manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 20, 2016
typical day for me was taking roughly 60 calls, my job was to take calls for irate directv customers who were looking to cancel accounts, my job was to build relationship, empathize, express loyalty, resolve issue and ultimately upsell the value of directv. also I trained new agents on my methods of success within the company. most enjoyable part was when I was actually able to help customers in need. hardest part of the job was working late nights
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
late night shifts
Not a good place
Sales coordinator/customer service/retention lead (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 19, 2016
Although my time wasn't best, I did meet some great people through this company. They are a 3rd party agency who could use a serious upgrade in the management department. For weeks I was pulled into meetings and told to tell how wonderful everything was going until one day I walked in and was informed to gather everyone on the floor. At that very moment unannounced to any lead or manager with the exception of the OM, we were informed that the contract had been pulled and the packaged for unemployment were on the desk as you exit the building. I was not let go at this time, but many were, and those who did not make it in that day were not informed that they didn't have a job.
Pros
In Olathe
Cons
Lack of communication, no job security
Great working enviornment with some bumps in the road
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
Convergys can be a great and fun place to work but the upper management sits just a little to and feel like they are better than everyone else. I would recommend the company to a lot of people, but I would also warn them this place is tough and there is going to be times when you just want to walk away but you have to look past those rough times and think about the future.
its a place of ups and downs
Sales Rep-Greet (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 17, 2016
Every day you can expect something different in some way. They try to make things fun and full filling. The workers there are great. The bad side is the customers who call mad and then your expected to try to make a sale to them.
Convergys
Certified Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85745June 17, 2016
Convergys was a great experience. I loved the management and how great they were with training us. I learned a lot about American Express. Everyone was friendly. A typical day is just being at my station taking calls for American Express.
its a call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJune 17, 2016
it was nice at first but there is so much change all the time. if you don't like something there, stick around because it will most likely change
Fun Place to be, Just not to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2016
My overall experience was alright. The people are fun however, there are some you have to watch they will get you fired. Another thing is the time clock was at your desk which means in the morning its a good thing because you're right there to clock in. However on 15 min breaks, by the time you clock out and get in the break room, you have 5 mins left which. Same for lunch, but worse because everyone is trying to go at once. As far as the pay goes, there is always reasons or problems concerning the commission that you're suppose to get. For the whole month, you have made sales and the following month, they will tell you you're not getting it for some strange reason or another.
Pros
Good food, Played music
Cons
Short Breaks, Not enough time to eat lunch, too crowded.
Good call center
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 16, 2016
Different contracts. Good pay, good benefits. Management works close with employees to make it a better work environment.
Glad I'm gone.
Phone Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 16, 2016
This job CAN be a lot of fun. Chill customers, (a few) relaxed managers, fairly straight forward work. But there's so many awful things about it that I couldn't recommend it to anyone.

The biggest problems are how incredibly rigid they are with scheduling (I hope you know what days you want off a month in advance) and the ridiculous amount of paperwork (10 second phone call results in nearly 5 minutes of paperwork, and that's for someone who can type faster than they can think)

Other problems include mediocre benefits, a paycheck that doesn't match the work it's paying for, the PCs are probably made of stone and twigs, and you'll spend all day in incredibly uncomfortable chairs.

Oh yeah, no phones. No paper. No talking to coworkers. No wallets. No food. No outside websites. Basically you can't have access to any outside resources, which makes the job much more difficult than necessary.

Lastly, they only give you a few hours of training to learn complex subjects, such as wireless networking (Familiar with why a low MTU can cause dropped packets? Yeah, neither is anyone who works there).
Pros
Some customers are pretty chill.
Cons
Literally everything.