Convergys

4.8K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

High-pressure environment, stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDAugust 31, 2015
Pros: High pay
Cons: Short breaks, stressful environment
A typical day is kind of a toss up between really satisfying and really unsatisfying. I learned valuable skills in talking to customers and being able to help them with what they needed. My manager was pretty nice up until I made a mistake--and then he called me out on it in front of the rest of my coworkers. My coworkers were nice. The hardest part of the job is leaving your work, at work, and not carrying it home with you. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers resolve their technological challenges.
After being moved around from manger to manger was finallly place with an manger that was great. The work place has an very negative enviorment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great team meeting.
Cons: Point system, vacation time, pay raise
Convergys was a nice place in the beginning. After working at Convergys it became very negative work place. The staff was very touchy to the point I've cam very uncomfortably. The floor support was very rude. Overall i will not recommended convergy to a friend to work there.
Convergys was a perfect at the olathe location
Payment Services/Tech support (Former Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 31, 2015
A normal day at work would be something i was looking forward to everyday i had to work. my co-workers as well as my managers made me feel at home once i started everything was pretty relaxed. the hardest part about my day sometimes would be the times i worked at work i wasn't to fine of my hours. everything was run perfect at this convergy's location
Fun working environment but didn't add up to pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for Convergys for a while. The work environment was nice, everyone got along and did their part and more. The company had great people. Then policies changes, half the managers left for different companies and the support system dwindled drastically. The job just started to add on to the initial description making it harder to do, to where the pay wasn't enough to compensate, which was a result of me leaving the company to expand my knowledge in different areas of customer service with great benefits/compensation.
monthly employee recognition
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: building relationships, unlimited overtime
Cons: unhappy customers, no breaks at times
A typical work day consisted of taking in-bound calls from hundreds of clients a day and filling theie medications to be shipped out in home delivery.
I've learned that just because a customer is angry does not make them a bad person, everyone has a bad day.
Management was understanding for the most part.
My co-workers were energetic and friendly.
The hardest part of my job is escalated calls from customers who orders were messed up by another employee or their own faults and having to take the blame.
The most enjoyable part is getting those sweet and generous customers that completely turn your day around for the good.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXAugust 29, 2015
When i worked here at the Brownsville location it felt like a mouse in a maze. I did not like it whatsoever. I wold not reccommend working at the Brownsville location. But no one will because it closed.
your outside
Phone sales for RCI (Current Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 29, 2015
had to knock doors motivating myself to keep going. Its a great job to discover your self i love the way i think and everything the job has done for me as a person discovering myself
it was better when it was Stream
Technical Support/Account Services (Former Employee), Watertown, NYAugust 28, 2015
The company bought out Stream. Then imposed all kinds meaningless rules and regulations. It made the job less fun and turned it into what could only be explained as a prison. Granted they have a variety of giveaways/events but they are meaningless when they tell you that you cant participate because during the time that it occurs you are to be on the phone with no questions asked.
Better than expected
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Logan, UTAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: poor staff
I was very pleased with my position at Covergys. however the supervisors played favorites and took way to long to respond to cashiers needs. other than that pay was good and hours were good.
Interesting but boring, at times.
Customer Service Agent/ Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great dining area and healthy choices for vending.
Cons: Short Lunches. Some supervisors miss a lot of days, so the employees may have limited help.
• Updating and maintaining a detailed record of client information. A Client based job, working in the healthcare field, dedicated to assisting callers with medical needs and insurance information such as refills, providing information and making sure members and relatives have necessary, updated, vital information regarding their medicine and the insurance policies. The job requires me to work in a call center only receiving inbound calls from members, relatives, personals reps, pharmacists, and Doctors.
I really like the people I work with.
AT&T Digital Life Sales Agent (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: they are always cutting breaks, and making you do over time
No one in management is on the same page. Managers are always changing. They don't know their job just the right person to get the job. The turn over rate is very high.
Productive workplace but can get distracting
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: Short Lunch Break
The management is generally nice. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be the clients, because they may be upset or frustrated. The most enjoyable part can be the co-workers and the environment. Air conditioned office.
Fast paced, competitive operational environment
Operation Manager (Current Employee), Arnold, MoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: People, onsite leadership, clear expectations
Cons: work-life balance
Fast paced environment focused on driving both operational and client satisfaction. Great organization to both begin career and pursue multiple different avenues for advancement opportunities.

Typical day includes servicing inbound customer's on various product needs. Fun place to work where compensation rewards top results.
Productive and educational experience in customer service.
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: extra cash
Cons: sometimes no off days
A typical day at the job site was repetitive, sitting in a cubical, answering the phone, and helping customers with their problems. I learned to have more patience with angry customers. anytime there was a problem or anything my manager Maria was always there to help and get me the understanding that I needed to help others. My co-workers were there to make me laugh and also help as well which there was never a time that I listened to them, because the co-workers will tell and lead you in the wrong direction. The hardest part of the job is when I'd have a disgruntled customer that understood nothing I said, he was just bent on the problem that went wrong, so I had to put the customer on hold to locate my manager so that she could handle the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is we get encentives, likewe would have competitions, races and the one with the best got the raise or the bonus, or just won extra cash on hand.
College students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2015
This job is great for college students who want extra cash. Inbound calling, this job is ok for those who just need to get by.
Horrifying place to work
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Bonus sales credit cards
Cons: Short breaks and lunches, the mean younger employees
I was on the Wall Street Journal/ Barrons Weekly account. This was my first job in a call center and I was MISERABLE. You never knew where you were going to sit from day to day, so you had to carry a backpack with you with all of the papers they gave you in training. There were a few nice order people there but the younger employees were mean and "rough around the edges"!! My first manager was SO nice but he switched me to this other manager before they let me go. I was let go because I wasn't talking fast enough on the phone. They wanted you on all calls for under 2 minutes. How is that Customer Service?
Coworkers made it tolerable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Rude Customers
Coworkers were friendly and willing to help when needed. Typical day required active listening skills in order to help the customer.
Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: recognition for doing a good job.
Cons: no third shift
The typical work day involved signing in and making myself available for calls to come in. During each call I had to enter the data that the customer gave me as well as what we were talking about. While entering data I also had to make sales and keep a record of what was sold. My coworkers were very helpful as well as the management. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping customers with their concerns and knowing that they were pleased with the service they received from me. The hardest part of the job was the test at the end because we had to take a live call without the help of the trainer. What made that part so difficult was just getting over the anxiety of doing it alone.
Great
Office Assistant/Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 25, 2015
Great...the job is so great i really enjoy working here for this company...its very easy and its really laid back. I recommend this place for all.
Lots of Favoritism
Agent (Former Employee), AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
lots of favoritism here especially with other managers and agents. There wasn't anything hard about my job and there also wasn't anything enjoyable about my job or the people in general. Also if someone makes rumors about you it appears that the evidence doesn't matter you will be seen as guilty anyways. Management can careless about the agents. I didn't learn anything there except for the fact that management and cretin agents loved to gossip. Worse job I have ever had. If you like sitting at a desk and being in chat with managers who do nothing but nag to you via chat on computer, this is a job for you.
Industry