Convergys
3,914 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

average
Travelers Insurance Technical Support (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
There is so much favoritism and unprofessional behavior by the staff, clicks and other things that make it seem like a hostile environment
Ok Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
Lots of manditory overtime. And a general sense of not being valued.
job security was almost non-existent. But you get company benefits which is nice.
Great workplace
Customer service rep/ Retention specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free luch time to time
Cons: call center crazy hours
It is honestly a great workplace, very worker friendly, systems are easy, have people always there to help you and have it be a very nice enviornment
Productive and a place of great people to work with.
Stream Global Services (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 4, 2015
In Convergys a typical day is very busy and fast past, everyone is busy doing the best job to help our customers. I learned so much with this company, how to be responsible for my own work. how to work independently, how to be focus on a job. In Convergys the management was very helpful to the employees making the job more relax and fun. management plays a big role working for this company because they required a certain amount of job to be done before a certain amount of time they kept us busy. My co-workers were very fun and helpful about the job and in our social life at the job. The hardest part of the job was rude customers but beside that everyday at the job was a success. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers solve the problems, making them happy at the end of the day.
Work at home telephone support.
Comcast Associate (Former Employee), Kalispell, MTMarch 4, 2015
Working at home can be a huge benefit but in the case of working for Convergys it was not.
Very little support from managers and trainers leave you on your
own to try to solve very complex issues about tech equipment
and customer accounts.
very fast paced
Senior account retention specialist and Coach (Former Employee), chattanooga tnMarch 4, 2015
clock in and take retention class from long time customers looking to lower their bill and or disc the services. process payments and order equipment.
Productive day at convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: breaks every hour
Cons: sitting all day
Convergys is a chill job to have, not a lot of time to waste since you are always on the phone with a customer. Management wasn't the best, but they got the job done.
long days long nights
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 3, 2015
I loved getting to know my customers, I loved the thrill of helping people. My managers were open for questions any time of the day, I loved that people would stop what they were doing to help. the hardest thing was at night when we didn't have many managers but it helped us rely on our materials instead.
Fast paced and fun atmosphere
CSR and Sales | Inbound CSR and Sales Rep (Former Employee), LongviewMarch 3, 2015
Convergys provided me a stepping stone for my career options. This job is fast paced and you have to have patience when handling customer situations. The people who worked there made the experience even better. I would recommend working here for anyone.
Just an ok place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2015
Pros: monthly treats
Cons: no schedule accomidations
They job is easy and the coworkers are fun to work with. If you can talk on the phone, be respectful and follow how you are supposed to do your job it is great. Management is ok. Some are impossible to get along with and others I cant speak highly enough about. The company does not have much care in the world about their employees work/life balance.
Sometimes stressful, but easy.
Eyemed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Florence KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: rep to customer interaction
Cons: fluctuating schedule, little to no interaction with higher ups.
Depending on the day of the week, the work shift could be hectic or extremely slow. Monday through Thursday was normally a fast paced workflow, sometimes with calls backed up and non-stop work for hours. Other days It could be little to do with thirty to forty-five minutes between calls. As far as management, there are few supervisors that are normally on hand and it does take quite a bit of time to get through any special requests or assistance with issues both work related and not. Any type of manager past your immediate supervisor has little to no contact with call representatives. I wouldn't say there was a difficult or hard part of the job, once you're trained, you get the basic idea of what you need to do and the rest you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part would have to be fixing an issue that a member/customer had and knowing you made their day or took a load off their shoulders. It really made me feel accomplished.
the aspects of call centerss
customer services rep (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 2, 2015
most management is awesome and there are some amazing coworkers! As far as work goes depends on the work flow sometimes fast and then sometimes its slow, customers can range from being the nicest to the meanest depends on there day. The hardest part of the job I would say is not being able to be blunt with certain customer. The most enjoyable is I get to know about different areas and cultures and personalities.
the company did not train to assist customers fully
Direct TV Call Center (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: leaving the job
Cons: employees were not trained to take on the job presented to them
working at the convergys call center was difficult because employees and trainees were not properly trained to assist the customers with the possible issues that a customer would call about. the only thing that was pressed in training class was to sell product, but not to assist existing customers with the products they have already purchased
Customer service
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMarch 2, 2015
I really liked the position. I learned a lot at this job. Time-management, customer deescalation, etc. It was very fullfilling being able to have a customer so irate and get them to be happy again.
productive place to work
customer retention (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2015
Handled all call types for DirecTV such as billing, technical, and sales. Learned how to deal with angry customers, co workers were good also. Hardest part of job was not being able to help some customers more than what was available to offer. best part was helping customers to understand and keep services active.
Handled 401K Accounts
CSR (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2015
Inbound/Outbound call center handling GE employee's 401K benefits. Helping them were to place they fund in stock's and bonds. Helping then with Loans and Withdrawls and explaining the effect on their taxes. Helped them understand about their 401K.
Productive, fast paced, and fun
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
Busy environment and very competitive. Periodically attend meetings and classes to improve and implement new features. At the end of the day most employees had a productive one.
it ok .. starter job
❸ Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), richardson, texasFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: a lot of incentives
Cons: management can be all over the place; favoritism
8 hrs of the same work. Management can be childish. make sure if you get a arrangement with days off its in writing.

after awhile its move like working with family
Convergys is a company with a high turn over rate and little re-guard for the persons who work for them
Assistance Que Supervisor (Current Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at my job is to take phone calls of extremely upset customers who do not agree with the policies of the company or whom are having problems with their service. I correct the problems if I can and try to give the best solutions if I cannot fix the specific problem the customer is experiencing. I have learned a lot of patience and how to talk to the public in a reasonable and direct manner. The management at my job lacks empathy or caring for any of the employees as they know that there is always a new group of people willing to try the job for awhile and there are always 18 year old high school kids who they can higher for a short time. The hardest part of my job is the way that the customer is allowed to speak to the customer service representatives and how we are treated by the general public without any back up or the ability to tell the customer that we do not have to listen to obscene things that if the customer is not polite or does not quit cussing at us that we may end the call. I most enjoy my fellow co-workers who try very hard to meet all of the company's expectations and still be happy, healthy, and caring individuals.
Alright work place
Service Continuity Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
The company is awesome with some great people to lead it. The program I was working under does need work. Pay was great. Mangers were okay.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries