Convergys
3,285 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Very poor training program.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits weren't bad
Cons: got fired due to having to go out of state for mother in laws funeral.
Trainer didn't have experience taking calls and was not up to date on the material she was teaching us. When we started on the floor taking calls it was extremely stressful due to lack of training. The company treated employees like a number, replaceable. They did not expect their employees to have lives.
Taking outbound calls for Directv
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free directv, prizes, being able to hear people smile.
Cons: people yelling becaused they were missing a game, hard to move up, working on sundays
The hardest part about this job was people yelling at you on the phone. The most enjoyable part was helping others. It always made me feel good when someone said I am very greatful for your help.
Customer Service Problem Solutions Rep II (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 27, 2014
I learned alot at this company. I think its a great company overall. There were a few minor things I did not like, but the pro's definitely outweighed the cons.
Experience
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Moore, OKSeptember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working here everyone even the management was superior and also the co workers were extremely helpful.
Loud and busy workplace
Retention Specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Arnold, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: healthcare
Convergys call center was very busy and noisy. While being an employee I learned how to handle angry customers and how to manage many different work systems at once.
very good money.but not as professional as they should be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 25, 2014
a typical day at work would be fine minus the chaos around it.my co workers were loud and didn't care
Great work atmosphere
customer service rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: alot of employee meals
Cons: getto
Great employee rewards. Onsite banking, stock, medical, dental
productive
Account Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: ugly
come to work meet awesome people and work with customers and make great money and also love to go to work and interact with the general public while makeing good money
Not a great environment to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 24, 2014
Extremely stressful, managers and supervisors are not efficient
Great job, management lacking
Agent (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
While working at Convergys, I have learned a lot and I do really enjoy working in a call center environment rather than fast food. However, the management at Convergys is lacking and very unfair unless you are their best friend. If you don't know the right people, you get stuck on the exact opposite shift that you ask for.
a hectic place to work, but overall okay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: lack of encouragement from middle management
middle management was kind of aloof in the beginning. my coworkers were friendly for the most part. the hardest part of the job, was the sometimes irate customers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery.
customer service taking orders for incoming phone calls
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, fun team leaders
Cons: the people could be kind of mean.
It was ok, but the people could be really mean to you since it was an on the phone job and the company expected you to up sell everything with little flexibility. It was a fun place to make friends and chat in-between calls.
Really great company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - DIRECTV (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours and environment
Cons: health care
I really enjoyed working for Convergys. I was able to talk and meet a lot of wonderful people. Learned a lot. Management was very helpful and understanding.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Agent (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: union, great location, secret shoppers
Aside from meeting different people and celebrities all the time, working in the airport was benefical. I would still be there if it weren't for a fall I had and then they were trying to do everything in their power to fire me, but i ressigned before they could.
Flexibility, great experience builder
Customer & Technical Support (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 22, 2014
I do not wish to further review this company and do not feel it necessary in furthering my career search
Its a fun environment to work with friends. No job security. Work balances with your social life
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: friendships, benefits
Cons: job security, advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a fun environment meeting new friends. The hardest part is the constant forcing of selling products to obviously struggling customers. Most times open opportunities are given by favoritism especially to those who don't know the system or procedures. Job security is not available trust me I know after being – more... forced to resign after a motor collision overseas and reassured the position will be available. – less
The work environment was fast past and had good attitudes
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 22, 2014
Enjoyed helping customers out on something that was very important to them (their money). Always left work with a smile and always made sure the customer was satisfied before we hung up the call.
Fun and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 22, 2014
It was constant work, which is something I love. Data Entry is one of my favorite tasks, and there was plenty of that here at Covergys. The managment team was awesome, helpful, and always available if help was needed.
slave labor
Sales and Service Representative III (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: i didn't hate everyone that i worked with
Cons: the sales manager pushed to fire me when she discovered that i owned and operated my own studio
I should've quit much sooner. The management constantly undermined it's employees by glad handing clients and over promising on results. They pressured the workers dumb enough to show initiative to produced until they burned out.
Learning Experiment with different work environment
Problem Resolutions Rep (Current Employee), hazelwood, mo 63042September 21, 2014
Pros: high security
Cons: unprofessional work environment
I like the fact that I can still work with customers and provide satisfaction for successfully troubleshooting customer issues. The company does not have the best work environment with the lack of communication between coworkers and supervisors. I believe for a company to be successful everyone needs to put in a hundred percent to provide first call – more... resolution to our customers. In order for there to be first call resolution in a case that the customer needs to be an agent and/or supervisor should be readily available or available within a timely fashion. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more