Convergys
4,485 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

large company.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), South Ogden, UTJune 28, 2015
Pros: large company to work for.
Cons: Very busy environment at times.
I worked for Direct TV and took incoming calls for current direct TV customers having questions about their bill or wanting to switch their programming. I enjoyed talking to the customers.
ok job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2015
really wasn't a fan of management different personalities but the job was fantastic I love helping the members and providers with the information they needed
There was lots of room for entry level staff to move up.
Tech Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: 401k, medical, job security.
Cons: Long bad hours in small quarters.
There was at least three tiers of support while I was working at Convergys. One included was dealing support to customers needing help with Linux operations, as well as various Virtual machine software. No doubt this included some expertise in networking.

I learned a lot about intergrating my self into the phone tech work force, mainly policies and procedures. The rest we learned on our own with the help of a staff support supervisor.

Since I was new, I had the graveyard shift, and since at the time I was taking sedating medication, this was unacceptable due to the long drive home in the dark, so I left.

It was a tough job, sitting all day in a chair, enclosed in a small cubicle, and most of the people I came in with did not stay.

I loved the satisfaction of making a sale to a customer, more so then resolving their issue, which, the fix was crucial to making the sale. It is a clever system Convergys has devised.
CONVERGYS needs to pay their workers a living wage.
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJune 26, 2015
Pros: Had decent Holiday dinners for you if you had to work
Cons: Don't try to accommodate you in scheduling and was very strict when it came to attendance.
With the exception of Convergys not being a job that pays a living wage that you are able to take care of your family on, You do come across nice people that you can retain a friendship with after work hours, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Convergys is a place of employment for young people who are students, childless and for people who need a part-time job. This isn't a job for a single parent looking for full-time work. You won't make it on the salary if you don't have a degree. The hardest part of this job is that your schedule change every four months, which is hard if you have children and no help with childcare. The company don't pay you enough for childcare and they don't work to well with you to try and accommodate your schedule if you have children. Overall, Convergys isn't a bad company to work for.
N/A
Technical Support Associate I (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 25, 2015
A typical day is answering technical questions for customers. The hardest part is being on the phones all day and dealing with angry customers. Management and co-workers are ok.
inbound call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: 401k, health insurance, 40 or sometimes more hours
Cons: breaks and lunches never seemed long enough
This is a third party supplier of human resources to solve customer issues. They have contracts with sorts of companies which supply and serve or a product. I was on a computer repair account, an internet service provider account, and a cable television account. Customer issues ranged from repair, to billing, to retention, and up selling customers more services. The hardest part was maintaining composure with the next customer after being yelled at by the previous customer and not given an opportunity to fix their issue. Did not happen often. The best part was being recognized by my peers or management with doing a great job for the customer.
Great working environment
Dell Pro Support Technical Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 24, 2015
It's a great working environment with great co workers and managers. The benefits are decent and the pay is not the greatest.
Call center
CSR (Former Employee), HazelwoodJune 24, 2015
customer solutions representative, tech support answering phones and assisting customers with resolving
their issue by troubleshooting their cable and internet Collections ,Calling and notifying customers they that have payments due
Was able to learn a lot about how handling of calls for tech support worked
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: Training was very important and helped a lot
Cons: Could sort of foresee a lot of problems coming down the pipeline.
I had a lot of good work done at that site and it was a lot of comraderie that made the job more pleasant. It's essential to write notes and make sure you have your passwords. I wasn't so impressed by the situation of where to sit.
not the best, not the worst
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJune 24, 2015
The worst parts: not being able to stay on one contract. I was placed on 3 separate contracts in a 10 month period, so I did not feel as though I had job security. I would get to the point where I was finally comfortable and felt I had a firm grasp on how to do my job well and then would have to move on to another contract, it just left me feeling defeated and like a hamster on a wheel, always running but getting nowhere. Another issue with being bounced around from contract to contract is the bouncing around of the rate of pay. Agents that have been there for years end up making the same hourly wage as a new agent and I just feel as though they should be entitled to a higher rate of pay, especially if having to be downgraded from a contract that pays(for example) $14/hr to a contract that only pays $9/hr. That is a really huge drop in income and those agents should be entitled to a higher hourly wage. I also feel that the training is lacking in certain areas. I never felt completely trained on the tools that we needed to access to assist the customers, I felt that their main focus was mostly on the education of the product and company rather than the actual step-by-step process.

The best parts: getting to meet and work with a lot of different people, gaining a variety of job skills, and I also had the opportunity to obtain my health insurance sales license, which they paid for all the training, materials and exam/licensing fees. They also do pay a higher wage than most employers in this region.

Managers: As with any job I have ever worked, you have great managers – more... that will help you any way they can, and then you have ones that just seem like they hate their job and don't want to be disturbed.

Co-workers: I enjoyed working with the majority, there are some really cool people that work there and I am still in contact with many, but as with every job, there are a few that were just miserable people to be around. If you are not a people person or cannot deal with difficult personalities, this is not the job for you. – less
unproffessional at times
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), CharlotteJune 24, 2015
This job has been a great experience however i think i have out grown the enviorment and and need something more structed as far as scheduling.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: Short lunches
While working at Convergys, it was a fun and work experience. There were always changings being made but I always adapt to the changed. Team work is what made the job. Almost everyone helped one another.
Horrible place don't apply
Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: horrible management
Please don't apply. You'll regret it. Shift bids wont be to you liking. Management is very condescending to the employees.
typical call center environment
Customer Services Representative, Transition Coach (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJune 24, 2015
Typical day there, is you take phone calls all day and get yelled at, if not on the phone by customers, then by the supervisors. most enjoyable part of this job is odi's and power hours.
Kind people but severe work environment.
sales and service representative (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: The TL's work hard for you.
Cons: They mess with your schedule constantly.
You sit all day and deal with rude and sometimes kind people. Good for people who like repetition and doing the same thing every day all day. They mess with your schedule without asking your either.
Work at home /meet grear co-workers from other areas via chat
customer service/ sales (Current Employee), work at homeJune 23, 2015
When I first started out with company, it was difficult to adjust to work at home "environment"

after adjusting it was a great place to work
low stress job with lots of room for expansion
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Unlimited overtime, low stress calls
My original employment was with Stream Global Services, a BPO that was acquired by Convergys. Because of the merger there was a lot of confusion regarding what would stay and what would go -in terms of health benefits, leadership positions, etc- but the client was very straightforward in their guidelines for how they wanted their callers handled. A typical day consisted of handling inbound SiriusXM-related calls and, if scheduled for it, walk around the production floor to help other agents. I learned a lot about passive upselling from this job; since the job was technically a customer service one we were discouraged from being too aggressive in pushing services on the caller and am thus very grateful for the lessons in subtle sales that I learned here. The management was constantly in disarray because the corporate leadership wasn't very good at trickling down information to our site, but they managed as best as they could. There was a rather unprofessional vibe on the production floor because there is a pretty big turnaround rate at this site, but professionalism aside my coworkers were all very sweet. The hardest part of the job was having to take calls when the servers crashed because even though we still had to answer the calls and do our best to help the customers, we'd have to do so without any access to their accounts or any other web based resources. Since I worked in a department that was devoted to almost entirely to servicing preexisting customers, most of them were satisfied with the service and thus were a pleasure to talk to, making the calls themselves the most enjoyable part of my job.
a place to draw a pay check
Agent (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJune 23, 2015
Pros: a paycheck, and the people you work with
Cons: everything else
taking in bound calls, and you never know what is going to be on the other end of the phone. You WILL get yelled at for things you have no control over, and things other people have done. You are expected to trouble shooting smart phones, but the resources they have for you are pretty bad. Most of the computer systems crash at times when you need them. Don't expect help soon, they have most of the management on the floor, taking calls. Your days off are inconsistent, and often split. The best part of the job is some of the people you work with, not everyone is friendly. This is a good place to work, if you can't find anything else. If you find something else, run..run away fast.
fun work place, but not the best surroundings
customer service representitive (Former Employee), valdosta gaJune 23, 2015
Pros: fun enviroments, always had something going on as far as promos
Cons: short breaks, hard to work with team leads, hard to advance into anything
it was an over all fun job, but alot of the team leads were very unhelpful and not to compassionate, there were a few good ones. it also seemed like a lot of the times people wouldnt receive their full compensation for all their sales like they were supposed to.
workplace was a great enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: great pay and compromise for days off were great. always had overtime
Cons: nothing
i had amazing managers that were trained well in their job and how to assist us. all the tools needed to my job were very accesiable and easy to learn.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries