Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,825 reviews matching the search
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 26, 2016
very fast paced. business casual. they monitor your calls. you take back to back calls from AT&T customers. call handling plays a major part and how fast you take them.
fun work environment
Customer Service & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2016
-inbound and outbound calls relating to getting customers scheduled for their annual eye exams
-Everyday isn't a good work day as far as meeting goal
Pros
casual work environment
Cons
Everyday isnt a good day as far as production
fun work place but not enough room for advancement
Outbound Sales and Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2016
Delivered detailed information about enrolling medications into Humana’s Pharmacy/ Enrolled member medication into mail order pharmacy.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 26, 2016
They change the work hours every week. Recruiting gives you wrong information about schedule. Didn't like dealing with angry customers and work there 10 am to 7 pm.
Minimum wage when receiving too much stress from customers.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 25, 2016
It was all about sales, they didn't take into consideration people are people and that not everybody was meant for sales. When asked to transfer to a different position I was told not to and that I would excel eventually when I applied for customer service in the first place. Work drama around you, just unpleasant. So many fraud occurrences. Just horrible.
overall it was an easy job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJuly 25, 2016
Convergys was an average job even though it was a work at home job it was demanding and very tiresome at times.
awesome place
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of work is meeting people and the atmosphere. Great pay. Awesome Coworkers. Always room to move up and make this a career
very sales driven
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 25, 2016
Great place to work as long as you come to work. The points system is strict which is why the turn over rate is so high. The building that I was in needed more team spirit and to customer focused instead of sales focused.
Pros
easy advancement
Cons
needs more team spirit
Fun environment
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 25, 2016
Like most customer service jobs. Definitely required to try and sell on every call you take. People are really nice and understanding of difficulties and willing to help.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
sales requirement
Sales Agent
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 23, 2016
Please do not think that this job is permanent. I was abused verbally everyday by upper management and when it was reported to a higher authority they did absolutely nothing, so if you take this job be looking for something else.
Pros
Typical day at the work place
Network Analyst, Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJuly 21, 2016
A typical day was to service my customers and balance and manage my work load. I had aggressive customers which I enjoyed working with and for. Everyday was a complete challenge that I would overcome. My work team and technical management team were so accommodating and knowledgeable. With me being remote away from the core team it made it difficult to stay on the same playing field. The hardest part of the job was staying current with today's technology and getting the proper training. I persevered and accomplished my goals, The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and no outages.
Call Center, might be more your thing than mine.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 21, 2016
The company isn't a bad company, but there was a lot about the job that makes what they offer you not worth it. Lots of benefits, nice coworkers, immediate supervisors were usually good, but the overall management had a bit of a detachment issue from how bad the job could actually be. Getting blamed for the customers' problems and being expected to just take the responsibility for it is unreasonable considering you often don't work for the company you're doing service for anyway.
Pros
Okay pay, advancement, benefits, easy full time.
Cons
Just a terrible job, outweighs the pros for me.
safe and fun workplace with a pingpong table
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJuly 21, 2016
A typical work day was fun and went by fast. Everything and everyone was very professional. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and management
Pros
they had vending machines
Cons
short breaks
High energy, productive and fun environment to work in.
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at Convergys is anything less than fun and energetic. Management is great and the day runs smoothly when you're busy. Coworkers are awesome!
This company will suck the life out of you and destroy your soul
MMS for RCI (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 21, 2016
I was so happy to begin training with Convergys. Although training seemed more like happy hour at a bar; I did manage to learn if I demanded the trainer take control of his class. Once on the floor taking calls, it was so difficult to get any help from the team coach. He was never there even when he was there. Once I started to realize the the company I was hired to take calls for was basically using me to sell things to people that they didnt need and I was earning them money for products I did not believe in, that was when I was done.
When I did need to call in because of a dental emergency, all they could say was "Well that will give you one point if you miss the day" and the other time when I injured myself doing yard work I was told "Well cant you come in and just listen? You need to learn whats being taught." NOT ONCE did the call start with "I'm so sorry you are hurt" or "That sounds painful. Take the day off and rest & heal". And I kid you not, my main boss walked around the building playing Pokemon GO. I needed help on a call and at least another notepad to write about my calls but nope. She had her hands full with that game.
This is a stern warning. Unless you are already dead inside, do not work at Convergys.
Pros
Not one comes to mind
Cons
See my review below
not a friendly place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 21, 2016
the hardest part of this job was dealing with the customers on the phone and there was too many ppl working there were many days when I would come in and there wouldn't be a place to sit or park they hired to many people for the building space they have.
convergys
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2016
This was my very first call center position, i enjoyed the work although the people that i worked with where fighting, arguing talking about one another and i just could not take the drama. overall if those things were not apart of my experience, i would still be there
Pros
fun environment
Cons
drama
ok place to work
Directv Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 20, 2016
overall is an ok place to work if you don't mind your schedule being different all the time. I think that the attendance policy should be improved if you are sick you should be able to provide a doctors note and not have to carry the point for being absent being that you don't get sick time.
benefits
Cons
short lunches and no consistency in scheduling
very dysfunctional, low structure, no growth
Sales expert (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33610July 20, 2016
a typical day at work is very non structured and chaotic. management is very clueless and disconnected with agents. the most enjoyable part of working would probably be knowing you have a paycheck coming.
Call Center like most
Customer Service and Analyst Review Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2016
It was an OK place to work, pay was low and benefits expensive. No opportunity to excel or advance. The atmosphere in the center was always very good.