Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,608 reviews matching the search
Respectable Employer: Various Clients inside this Facility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 19, 2017
A good place to work, and offered Benefits. Unfortunately, they could never resolve my User-ID issues. This was a Tax Season position for Professional Tax Software which was created to meet an immediate need for Intuit.
Pros
Paid Training, Benefits, Game Room, Employees
Cons
IT-Support (my User-ID never consistently worked), lack of Team Lead support, Benefits were VERY expensive, Leadership could never resolve my on-going User-ID issues, Low Pay Rate
Started out ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 11, 2017
Very convenient to work from home, I worked for the low wage because when I started they were very flexible with the hours and time off. That has changed and it's really not worth it any longer. They are now riding us about stats, time off, and everything else they can think of. Which makes the very low pay ridiculous. You don't get what you need to do the job properly and management really can't answer your questions.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not having more resources, Pay
Fantastic management, work environment , and outstanding people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  erlanger kyFebruary 11, 2017
the management including team leaders/coaches/and higher level management truly cared about me as an individual and gave me outstanding help in every aspect of my job. It is hard to find jobs which gave you flexibility in terms of hours worked and off days---and the my colleagues were most helpful in helping me always with my job.
Pros
outstanding management/colleagues/benefits
Cons
highway access
It's a call center. Lol.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 25, 2017
I didn't really like it. Good money for broke Las Cruces. They neglected to tell the new hires that sales were mandatory. You can lose your job for not pushing a product we can't take a payment for or trouble shoot. So that was bad.
High turn around. My new hire group was 24, there are less than 10 left.
But.... If you're good with sales, great with people, and can handle being treated badly by customers, then come on down!
Pros
More than minimum wage, but not enough to buy a gun to end your suffering.
Cons
Can't have pens on the floor, so cutting your jugular and ending the suffering is impossible.
Paychecks were amazing but not worth the headache
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 3, 2017
I only worked here a short few months but the company didnt care about their employees, only about their customers. They were not willing to work with me about my schedule due to not having my own transportation at the time. As well as not working with other co-workers who were having issues. You were expected to show up regardless of anything going on outside of work, deaths included. The paychecks were amazing and the most I have ever made at a job but in the long run it wasnt worth all the headaches and unnecessary stress and feeling like no one could help me with work issues.
Pros
paychecks
Cons
everything else
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Apple Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 26, 2017
This company is a joke. I worked for them for over 4 years. No type of andvancement. Maybe saw one bonus since I worked there. Had to Resign because my husband received a kidney transplant and they didn't want to give me fmla or emergency leave of absence. Then when I came back to get my job back. I have to wait another year while other former employees with more points then me were getting rehired. My stats were always excellent but that didn't matter. Manager sucks and they don't care about their employees. I would not recommend this job to anyone. They will screws you.
Pros
Loved coming to work.
Cons
Upper management does not care. Your just another body that they can fill a seat with.
Good team, very friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 24, 2017
As all call centers work under pressure and we are only a number,
You're fine while you give the company and do not ask for anything
I spent a lot of time working in this company, I was very sorry to leave it especially for the friends that I left there, but the economic part made me look for other alternatives,
Is perfect for young people who are just looking for a job to pay for the basics but not for a career
Pros
It's a big family
Cons
The compensation is terrible for the work that needs to be done
Convergys, the starting end of nothingness
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 20, 2017
I have worked for the company twice. First in the late 90s and second recently. They did try and improve the conditions for work, but at the end of the day, it is still a outsourced type of job. A typical work day was people peved that their beloved TV did not work and blamed everyone else for their problems. I learned to have lots of patients and that there are better jobs out there. The local management team was pretty good. They all were nice and could accommodate most things. The client they had at the site though is not my favorite company in the world. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day was done.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
About everything else (Client Side)
Productive and enjoyable if you end up with the right team leader.
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I loved it and really felt like i could advance but my team lead wasn't too friendly. Felt like she discriminated against most of her team. She was very rude and did not like to help or coach me to be a better sales agent, not that i had any problems. She did not like taking escalations from customers either. I really wanted to help my customers to the best of my ability, but i felt my team lead did not want to help and solve their problems.
Its alright
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 7, 2017
I've worked there for 9 months, at the beginning it was cool you know be making good money and everything but later on i started hating that job so much the costumers can be rude af so be ready to get yelled at mostly every day be ready to figure out how to solve the costumers problem by your own they barely help you there they only help the new people, be ready to sell directv, tablets because that's what they only care about making sales they don't work with the costumers it just sucked
Pros
They give you gifts if you sell
Cons
Stress, anxiety, rude costumers
unprofessional
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Convergys strives to provide clients with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional customer service. Through customer management solutions, clients are able to reduce operational costs and increase customer satisfaction through technical support, outbound services, analytics and many other features. No matter the industry a company operates in, it is possible to boost customer management practices through Convergys industry-specific solutions. Many clients taking advantage of these solutions include those operating in
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive and fun work enviroment with friendly employees
health care support rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXFebruary 18, 2017
you would come in log in your computer and all your programs that you would need for the day.Members would call in about various questions regarding there medicare benefits.The managers and team leads where very helpful in any questions that we had. I learned a lot about insurance mostly about medicare and the process of reading claims info. I really enjoyed the friendly work environment and getting to talk to different people everyday.
Pros
good pay and always overtime available
Cons
constant shift change giving at the last minute
Very different types of cultures and learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Environment was really rough, the job its self was good but the way they did things were a little unorganized. i learned a lot of skills for customer care, service, and relations. co-workers were very cool, the hardest part was getting in contact with you supervisor because most times they wont be at work, and the enjoyable part were the your co-workers.
Pros
More money on your check for up sales and prizes
Cons
short breaks
The job is exactly what you make out of it.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2017
With every call center, there will be good and bad. At CONVERGYS, it's really easy to get caught up in negativity which is the gateway to an unfulfilling time. I remain cordial with everyone, but keep to myself and it's the best job I've ever had. If you want an opportunity, CONVERGYS will give it to you. They truly believe in promoting from within as coaching is the foundation of operations.
Pros
Stable employment, point based attendance system, quickly grow within the company
Cons
Benefits with coinsurance as opposed to typical copays
High call volume, sales oriented, goal focused, daily interactions with all levels of management, advanced trouble shooting skills used every day.
Customer Service Representative/Trainer/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37042January 24, 2017
Every day started with a problem with systems/software issues to be fixed so we could maintain customer service levels. I learned to be able to multi task and problem solve at all times. The hardest part of the job was trying to encourage someone who had no interest in working or assisting a customer. The best part of the job was when coaching an agent and seeing them light up when given praise for a job/goal well done.
Call center Representative
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day at work depending on what project that you work on at Convergys, you would begin taking calls. From this job I have learned patience through assisting customers with the problems/questions, dealing with the project that I was working on. Management here is horrible, at first the management is good, but after awhile the treatment of employees goes down hill very quickly, there is A LOT of favoritism at this job. The workplace culture is horrible, because of the favoritism, the work ethic of the place is outrageous because how the management treats issues that arise within the company.
Pros
Person desk
Cons
Paychecks, PTO(paid time off), HR department
Continually changing environment prevents boredom
Mobility Sales and Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Convergys was a decent company to work with, my co-workers really became my friends. Unfortunately the client our site had a contract with was awful, and the tasks changed from assisting customers, to obtaining as many sales as possible using less than desirable tactics.
Pros
Great co-workers, job never really becomes repetitive.
Cons
Management is disconnected from the rest of the site, undesirable client goals
Good work for decent pay
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 10, 2017
However, if you are a high-touch person, this would not be for you. This position requires maintaining metrics, while working with customers. The job varies with the client, so be sure to stay in your field of expertise. Had I been more astute, I might have explored other client options at the time.
Its great to listen to the driving report while in your PJ's heading to the computer in my house. I do miss that.
Pros
Steady work and overtime
Cons
Multi-tasking and then some
one of the worst, honestly
Technical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  JAX, FLJanuary 11, 2017
typical day consists of trudging to work and hoping you find a computer to use, then trying to get logged in before you are docked a quarter of a day for being 1 minute late, then trying to meet ridiculous apple metrics, then finding out your schedule has been changed yet again, so the plans you made for 2 weeks from now are not going to happen unless you take an occurrence or happen to get approved for some PTO. all in all, if it's the last place you have available, take it, otherwise, go somewhere, anywhere, else.
Pros
free parking
Cons
everything else
My worklife at Convergys
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at Convergy's would start with me coming into work at 5:35 a.m preparing for my shift that started at 5:45 a.m. I would take calls for six hours and have two fifteen minute breaks in between. As far I was concerned I was doing great at my job. One day I was pulled to the side and realesed from my job with no warning. I was not given any warnings of what I was doing wrong, or compensation. I am a college student who has rent to pay, insurance, phone, and a car payment to make. I can not be without a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.