Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 8,111 reviews matching the search
Horrible place to work
Customer Service, TEC (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 24, 2017
managers and supervisors constantly changing, no consistency in direction. you are micromanaged right down to practically what underwear you are wearing. no benefits, terrible working atmosphere
Pros
Cons
everyting
I rated this company this was because this is how I felt about my experience
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTSeptember 23, 2017
The job is fine, the workload is fine. Hours of operation for the project I am on are not flexible. I enjoy the Managers quite a lot, but the pay is low and the benefits are quite expensive. My career is not likely to advance at this company for permanent work.
Call Center
Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 22, 2017
Convergys is a great place to work at, it is a call center. There was definitely room for advancement within the company. I would say that management while I was there was not the best but I have heard that there have been some changes made recently.
customer service all the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I did like to work there just the team leader would always tell me things almost every day
I was tired of her being mean with me
and that my call weren't perfect
Amazing company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2017
Easy going company. First call center i worked at and i enjoyed it very much. Competitive enviroment but they make competition fun. It does get tedious and monotonous after a while. Free tv.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Monotony
Fun place to work at... Very nice team members.
AT&T Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Convergys was a very fast pace environment. With great management behind the scene it made it very fun and professional to work for such a great company.
job is absolutely horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 22, 2017
job is absolutely horrible you dont have time to go to the bathroom, you have 2 10 min breaks and thats it. On the phones the entire time and forced to make sales pitch every call or lose your job and people get tired of you trying to sell them something constantly
Synopsis of my experience at Convergys Corp.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of sitting in a cubicle for 8 hours answering incoming calls. I learned the importance of being punctual to work. Management needed some additional training. Everyone who has the title of manager, is not a real manager. The culture at Convergys was decent due primarily to the Call Center Manager at that time which was Melanie S. she was an awesome leader. The hardest part of the job was taking escalated calls and the most enjoyable aspect of the job was convincing consumers to purchase minutes for their vehicle.
Pros
flexible scheduling, overtime
Cons
inadequate training, unpreparedness, management, point system
Fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 21, 2017
it was fun working there because people are so nice and time goes by so fast. And if you ever need help people are always there for you in person or you can chat with them.
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MO 63042September 21, 2017
Systems were very unpleasant to work with which caused very angry customers because there were always glitches on the website. Supervisors would try to avoid taking SUP calls when requested by the customers.
Very productive and competitive enivornment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Convergys has been a great place to work and if my project had not completed, I would have still been there! I also received benefits from the project company of which I was hired to work for.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
projects are not guaranteed
Priductive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
This was a wonderful job. They cared about their employees and their families. They properly trained you and were strict with the rules. They made sure you were safe,there was always a security guard on duty.
Pros
Full Benefits
Great Place to work
Sr. Applications Designer/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 21, 2017
Working for Convergys was an awesome experience. We had very talented and highly motivated individuals on our team. Everyone took pride in their work and the company as a whole took good care of its employees
Hours are bad and pay is not enough
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Starting out you will be forced to work a night shift with no weekends off, I feel the pay isn't enough for the work you do or hours you work. However they do provide you with PTO and UTO its very hard to put it in
High School
Senior Customer Service Representative05 (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Nice job to work when in high school but as i got old pay wasn't enough. Horrible leadership people was doing anything there.Under new management now hopefully better
Not the best place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day would be you on the phone all day, dealing with customers that have been transfer a bunch of times and they are very angry. Its an ok place but i wouldn't work there anymore.
More Incentives, Benefits and Fun Activities for Employees
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 20, 2017
More Incentives, Benefits and Fun Activities for Employees. Management should focus and take care their employees especially those are in front lines.
high turnover, NOT a $100k paycheck
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 20, 2017
They advertise a potential $100k earning, but the reality is that they're a call center for customer service and you'll never get a chance to earn more than basic subsistance. Racist managers, and they're continuously advertising for workers because they can't retain anyone for very long. That's their business model. So, expect to hate it there and look for another job while you're there. They have a horrible reputation in Pueblo for hiring anyone with a pulse, and even half dead employees hate it.
Pros
easy hire
Cons
micromanaging business model so you'll never get a raise
not the greatest of places
Inbound call rep (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 20, 2017
constantly having calls come in always on the phone, when the contract with AT&T went through it was just a wing it kind of attitude with no communication with upper management about how things should be done, the constant NEED to up sale everything was the most annoying part and that was all AT&T wanted was us to up sale products, customers called in about wrong bill amount or broken equipment, and you would have to up sale, the hardest part was the customers calling in already in a bad mood, and not having enough training to handel alot of the situations, the best part of the job was going home for the day.
Pros
met good people
Cons
bad management, lousy pay, recruiting system lousy.
Call Center
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256September 20, 2017
In a call center environment you have to be open about things changing at the drop of a hat. If you are good with this, you will enjoy working at Convergys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.