Convergys
4,361 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

nice team meetings
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: good relationship with others from different departments
Cons: its not enough time with your kids and the shifts is so selfish to our personal life
my day at work is just work its like we can not have a time to breath other then taking a break. i learned that our customer do care about the customer service we give as a team.my co-workers is helpful when we need each other at all time.the hardest part of my job is nothing at all. the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my calls and to see mt team leader caring for me and what i do to help my customers. i just feel like our hours are so selfish to people who have kids and they dont care about our personal life not at all.
Great work enviroment
Team Leader/Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Tamarac, FloridaMay 30, 2015
Convergys is a great place to work with a very diversify culture. There are many career advancement opportunities. The hardest part of the job are the business hours. Since it is a call center it is opened all week and closes at midnight. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were always many contests in which agents were able to compete for great prices such as TVs and more.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMay 30, 2015
Nice well maintained place to work.
And very organized.
To obtain employment wherein I can apply my learned and practiced customer service skills towards the betterment of the company and advancement for myself.
professional atmosphere
Customer Service Problem Resolution Rep II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: 100% about the business 0% about your responsibility to your family family
Fun place to work with many perks and bonuses. Lot of professional training available to ensure the job is perfected. They recognize their employees who do a good job.
Patience is a virtue
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Paid Time off, sale commisions, paid training, plenty of breaks
Cons: high mental stress work environment because of metrics
Saying convergys is stressful is an understatement if you do not have the patience to deal with monotonous calls about the same issue day in and day out every couple of minutes. A typical day consisted of being insulted by irate customers because their cable bill was too high but they were unwilling to change their packages or being yelled at that their services are not working even though they are not capable of following instructions on how to fix the issue. After hearing the same thing call after call you learn that it is not difficult to help these people as long as one is willing to ease them into co-operation by building rapport and creating genuine interest in their issues. By empathizing with people you create a short quick bond that helps you perform your job with ease. It is because of this job that I learned that it is not what is said but how it is said that makes a difference between a good call and a bad call. This skill has helped me not only in my jobs but also my personal life. Management here is aware of the stress since they were once floor agents as well. The team leaders I had were always comprehensive and gave effective insight. The most enjoyable part of the job was after a while of working there turning a bad call into a good call became a thing of pride almost.
The Truth About Convergys
Lead Agent (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: the pay is good
Cons: worst place to work if you have a social or educational life
A typical day at work consists of speaking to different customers and worrying about if this will be your last shift. The management is HORRIBLE especially in Valdosta, GA. They only care about themselves and they will only attempt to help their favorites. Your schedule can change "based on call center needs". If you are a student, your education will have to come in 2nd place to this job. If you are a sick and have a doctor's note, you will still receive a point for your tardy or absence. If you become sick at work, you may have to finish your shift or take appoint to leave. This is the easiest, most stressful job ever. The only good part about working here is the free DirecTV service and the pay. Other than that, DO NOT APPLY! This is the only job that cares more about replacing you than working with you.
Solid Company, Great Benifits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Technology, Scheduling, Training, Benefits
Cons: Compensation
Excellent training programs thoroughly prepare employees for the job. Supportive inclusion programs ensure success. Flexible scheduling is a plus. Great benefits for healtcare, financial improvement, purchasing power, and much more.
Nothing great about this company.
Billing Support Agent/Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Utah. Salt lake cityMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free DirecTv
Cons: Having absolutely no control over your EVERCHANGING schedule.
A typical day at work involved worrying whether or not my schedule would be changed or it hadn't changed after I left work the previous day. I learned how to use billing systems. The management didn't really care about anybody but themselves. My co-workers were the best part of my day. Hardest part of was telling people that I couldn't help them. I enjoyed helping a plethora of people.
Quick Advancement, friendly and fun atmosphere
Tier 1 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Quick advancement, work atmosphere
Cons: Scheduling, Required hours
It's a call center job. The department I was in was fun. They have great benefits and have worked with my school schedule. Hours can be crazy at times but they try to make up for it. The people who work there are great. They have many avenues that you can go towards if you want to go towards management, training, or HR. Overall great experience.
Could be managed better
Customer Service/Tier (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYMay 28, 2015
Pros: interesting clients or companies to work for
Cons: too many to list
Every year, when client contracts are up, the departments terminate their more senior employees. Unfortunately, Convergys' client (organizations/companies) do not renew their contracts each year with Convergys.
Unorganized
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMMay 28, 2015
Cons: unorganized company
Never know what your schedule is now that new company took over. New department development with little to no training for new department, not a enjoyable work environment. When Stream Intl was the company I was hired for, I could provide better feed back then Convergys.
fast paced office work
Customer sales representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not caring about their employees
steady job, fast paced work environment. opportunity to advance if you work hard and stay long enough. consistent hours and shifts
Fast paced, exciting,ample opportunities, long hours
Sr. Business Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Travel, variety of positions
Cons: Little rewards for lower ranking employees, volatility in job stability
I worked for Convergys for 20 years and I loved the ability to move between industries and positions all through out my career. I liked the people I worked with and the teamwork we embraced to please our clients and employees. However, there is a good deal of politics in the upper levels and if you don't mind working over 110 hours a week consistently then this may be for you.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: learned about computers
Cons: poor training
I learned how to work in a face paced call center trouble shooting internet.
Hardest part of job was getting someone to assist you when you were having problems on floor.
great pay and great benifets
customer service rep (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: pay and management
Cons: short lunch and breaks
I loved working there the pay was great the environment was very laid back and was super easy the management was great and you always had your team members and team leader to help through it all.
Most people don't stay very long.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 26, 2015
When you first get there you like it but after a while a lot of people don't like it. They say you can move up but I haven't seen it happen. You can be late clocking at a ridiculous time for example say you have to be at work at 9:30 and yuo clock in at 9:30:05 that counts against you. Even if you system is not running as it should you still get docked. On the plus side they do have a really good training period even though its quite long. They also teach you good skills that can be applied to almost anywhere you work especially if you are working in sales. You may also enjoy the people you work with, the co workers really do make Convergys if it wasn't for them people probably wouldn't stay as long as they do.
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2015
A typical day at this job was walking in to work lugging a backpack on your shoulders carrying everything that you will need for this day. I would sit down at my desk and pull anything out that I needed right away. I went though weeks of training to learn the multitude of things needed to perform my job and still didn't feel as if I knew all that I needed to know. I was placed on the phones working with customers who wanted to make changes to their tv service. The management was sometimes easily capable of locating but other times were away from their desks. Floor support was your access to leaving if you were unable to stay at work due to an illness or an emergency. Nine times out of ten you were told to remain in your seat and return to your calls if needed to leave due to sickness. You would be in a group chat with your team and team leader (management) but if not found at their desk, your best resource was the others on your team. My co-workers whom I was the closest with which were my team members were very helpful when it was possible. Taking calls back to back and doing everything to listen to the customer didn't provide much help for your team members when it was needed though. The hardest part of the job was keeping stats up at all times. If you took a break and went one or two minutes over due to a line at the bathroom then your stats would go down. If you were late coming back from lunch due to all of the microwaves being taken up with a line for each of them then your stats would go down. If you left your seat with no break or lunch period allowed but needed a bathroom – more... break, your stats would go down. What kept your stats up was when you were on a call and would make incentives for up-saleing. Also, how many calls you took a day or how long each call lasted, what did you do to help the customer, if you offered all your options and still couldn't help the customer and had no other choice to transfer the call to the department that processes disconnects, it affected your stats negatively. If you didn't keep stats up on a weekly basis then you would receive a verbal warning first then a written warning before being dismissed all together. This job was very stressful and at times I was on the phones for 10-12 hours a day with a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks. At best, an ambulance was called three to five times a month for employees who had collapsed in the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was making an upsale and getting prizes. It was nice to be awarded when you did do something right. – less
a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKMay 25, 2015
Cons: the healthcare was good but expensive
A typical day there was answering calls reguarding a 3rd party vendor. I learned a lot about technical issues and tech support in general there as well as call center ettique. The management was awesome and my co workers were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was not going overboard in helping the customers out but realizing there is a time to set up for a tech to come out to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i met and was able to talk with. It was a wonderful experience
Loved it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2015
This experience help me really understand the true meaning of true satisfying customer service. I loved the experience and was grateful for it. Helping an irate customers and changing the atmosphere of the call to a positive sell, let me know that I did my job very well.
you'll discover fun, challenging work, surrounded by talented, supportive managers and colleagues, and you'll enjoy
ADVANCE TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 24, 2015

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries