Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 7,523 reviews matching the search
Was a fun job
Team Leader Intern (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 28, 2017
The job is really simple and it is a fun environment. There are a lot of inter office politics that go on behind the scenes and there is a lot of gossiping that effects workers and their families.
Not a bad place to work for a short time
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 28, 2017
Enjoyed talking to the customers but didn't like the fact we had to try to upset no matter what the customer was calling for. You are given the tools to do your job, but they do time how long it takes you to do it no matter the problem.
Inbound Customer Representative
inbound call representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 28, 2017
I worked as a customer service representative handling customers' calls at a call center for ATT&T where I worked in customer service handling bill payments, rescheduling of due dates, past due payments, future payments, and technical support such as activating or troubleshooting phones and devices. I also worked selling services such as phone, cable, and internet services through ATT&T.
Great job for growing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TNJune 28, 2017
Everyone starts as an agent for the most part. You can plot your career early on, keep tight performance, and watch the internal job postings. They WANT to promote from within.
Pros
Promotions
Fun atmosphere, bad management
Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 28, 2017
The job has a lot of incentives to offer and opportunities to advance in the workplace. The management has some improvements to make as far as communication.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
bad management
Productive, can be use as an experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2017
Working at Convergys was a equal experience for me. The work it self was easy the workplace is not what I was looking for. I learned about retail accounts & tax software
Main focus is the customer not happy employees
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MO 63042June 28, 2017
I really do not have any comments about Converges the work place is not all employee friendly. Customers are rude and disrespectful to the employees due to product dissatisfaction.
Pros
Breaks and lunch
Cons
Breaks and lunches are too short
fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 28, 2017
the most enjoyable thing about this job was that you could make sales the person with the most sales gets some type of an award. the hardest part of the job was dealing with very rude customerrs
Pros
pot locks
Cons
short breaks
Starter IT Job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJune 28, 2017
Would recommend staying away from this company the turn over is ridiculous and the work is extremely stressful with manager that provide no help. Worst call center experience.
Productive and amazing
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 28, 2017
When I was working for this company I loved going to work and enjoyed what I was doing everyday I would go back in a heart beat if I could that company really treats their workers like family
Fast paced and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 27, 2017
Overall working at convergys was good. The benefits were good. The flexibility was good. The team leaders helped alot. Everyone was always ready to lend a helping hand.
Good Environment, Unpleasant job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 27, 2017
The trainer was amazing, the floor managers were amazing, half the leads/L2's sucked and were unhelpful (necessary tool for L 1's), and overall the job is stressful and extremely fast-paced.
Pros
discounts, hourly pay, cafeteria, management, early leave, advancment
Cons
extemely fast-paced, limited help on the floor
productive
Fedex Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 27, 2017
Had a great team to work with who made downtime fun. Work was fast paced most times and most days, but was enjoyable. The management team was very understanding and friendly. The hardest part of the job was getting yelled at by customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a great team to work with.
very diverse enviroment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 26, 2017
I help alot of different people that called and that i have to call.I love the job i love to help people.Its easy and everyone is alot of help. I love to have more jobs like this
great place
Apple Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 26, 2017
great place to work. never had a schedule that wasn't reasonable. they will work with you as long as you are willing to work with them. I would recommend this company to the next guy.
Intriguing
Telephone Operator/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 26, 2017
The overall experience was informational, i was very satisfied with being able to gain as much customer service and computer experience, but the management and turnover rates are horrible.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
management
Horrible Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 26, 2017
My experience at Convergys was that they do not care about their employees. Paid time off could be canceled last minute, even if you had it approved months in advance. Managers had inappropriate relationships with associates.
Pros
Paid above minimum wage
Cons
No corporate spirit, very little support
Tier 1 Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 26, 2017
We received calls from customers having problems with their smartphones or tablets, and had to do basic troubleshooting with them. We were not supposed to provide complicated support unless they had purchased a protection agreement from the company. Too often, the customers needed to stay on the phone to make sure their devices would be working again; this made for long call times for which we were criticized.
The greatest problem is that this particular device manufacturer claims you don't need to know anything to use their products. This is not true. Most of the problems came from customers not knowing what they were doing; trying to cheat the company's software system and finding their emails were appearing on their entire family's phones, or updating their devices on wi-fi and losing all their data. We had to make up for the manufacturer's shortcomings, and ended up with long, non-profitable calls as a result.
I received a few coachings, about once a month, from my team leader, who mostly reinforced what he had previously criticized without any concrete ways to help with my shortcomings. There were occasional team meetings to discuss new things. There was no encouragement to try for other positions (like higher tiers for more complicated problems) and no indication how one might learn things for those positions.
The environment was pretty good for a call center; there was an in-building restaurant open Monday through Friday for real meals (not cheap but pretty good). One rarity was that the manufacturer required us to have one hour lunches, when 30 minutes is the standard;
  more... this allowed a real break to get our heads together, although it made for a slightly longer work day.
The hardest part of the job were the days when the manufacturer would roll out a new system update for all devices. As standard in the tech industry, this wasn't fully checked out. We had customers calling in with problems, and we had many posters scribbled with the possible problems and cures for these updates.
The best part was a nice campus, good workers with whom we could chat, and an hour lunch that let us go out and get real food, or stroll around the building and remind ourseles there was a real world out there, free of the angst of the calls.
Pros
Nice campus, real restaurant, hour long lunches.
Cons
Erratic support, little training or advancement.
Great place to work for
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2017
This company provided growth and advancement. Management was great. The hardest part of my job was leaving. What I like most about this job were the people i work for.
Good benefits, but not great work enviroment
Subscriber agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2017
This job is really fast paced. You have to think fast and move fast with no breaks. The headphones were not very good, so you had to struggle to make out what the customer said. Learned to sound things out and find out through experience what customer wanted.
Pros
Long good breaks
Cons
Overtime is required everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.