4,227 reviews

Convergys United States Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly workplace with equal opportunity.
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Coaching periods with your Team Lead, Great lunch catering.
Cons: Equal scheduling opportunities
At Convergys, every day was always a joy to come in to work. There was always a friendly environment with co-workers that always made you feel welcome at your job. Each day was a fast-paced environment of assisting customers as a Customer Service Representative. With that, I had learned a lot with not only computer navigation but as well as memorizing Standard Operating Procedures to best assist agents and customers' needs. Management was always a great experience as any needs I addressed with them were always resolved and discussed further with me or my peers as well as always receiving feedback for praise or constructive criticism. The hardest part of the job was communicating any issues encountered with the customer's order for the project I was in. What I enjoyed the most was always knowing that my peers were always able to assist me with any questions that I had.
Good place to work. In house cafe and pool table.
Accounting Software Support Specialist (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORMay 2, 2015
Pros: Discounts at local food places (usually about 10%)
Overall, its a good work environment. While there definitely is a focus on maintaining numbers and productivity, the management seems pretty in tune to their workers needs and they seem to honestly care about how they can help me do my job better. I'm learning how to troubleshoot complex issues which is a very valuable skill to have.
Time well spent
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Conyers, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: no gas expenses
Cons: increased self discipline
I enjoyed being able to work from home, not worry about gas prices, and spend more time taking care of my family. Prior to this position, I spent 2hr traveling to and 2hrs traveling from work; HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
Very fun atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Arnold, MOMay 2, 2015
Great place to work with great people, coaches, management. I gained a lot of experience here. The base pay was decent and the commission was wonderful.
Just a job
Agent (Former Employee), Logan, UTMay 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Answering calls to help customers with internet. at times it was very simple and other times it was pretty stressful. it was just a job to suffice while i went from point a to point b
Fun environment
Customer Service Rep. / Tech. Support (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLMay 1, 2015
My work day was being on the phone for over 7.5 hours. I learned how to tune in on my Customer Service skill, how to calm an Irate customer and resolve each and every issue with smile through the phone hear a smile. Able to understand the the details the customers are informing about and resolving each issue without management involvement if possible. Management was decent and knowledgeable. Coworkers were knowledgeable as well and good to work with. The hardest part was trying deescalate a customer that didnt want resolve the issue but do nothing more then to vent. The most enjoyable thing about my job is making customers happy.
Terrible company to work for
Customer care representative/sales (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMMay 1, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Management, work balance, overall mistreatment of its employees.
Overall, my experience at Convergys was not fantastic.
At first, I liked it, when it was still Stream. For about 3-4 months I did enjoy the job, my supervisor was fantastic and always willing to help, and so were my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers,they made the job worth it.
However, around the 4th month of my working there, my supervisor decided to pursue other opportunities (Which I cannot blame her for) and we all supported her. However, when she left, they left us to another manager, whom was supposed to be on a two week vacation for her honeymoon, but she never came back.
For one week my team was completely without a manager. Finally, they gave us am agent who had been working there or at least two years, and they were going to promote him to manager which we were very excited about.Every day he would give us the opportunity to review what he had done well and what we would like him to work on. Overall, we agreed he was very helpful and we all gave him tasks to help make us better at our jobs. We all decided we were going to get a little sheet of paper, and he was going to give us little stars for what we did right, and when we accomplished what we were supposed to work on, we would get a star. (We all agreed on this as a team.) However, two weeks later, a colleague and myself came in to start our day (we were the fist to arrive, we had the earliest schedule) and they informed us that we would no longer be on his team, and we were again, going to be split it. They did so the next day, and didn't even inform our leader that he was going – more... to lose his team until we were all gone.

After this, they had put me on another team manager's team, which was alright. I had been paired with a few people I had enjoyed being around when I initially started my training class. However, this manager didn't seem to care about any of his team members. I had been recently diagnosed with a chronic pain disease, which he understood, but didn't seem to really acknowledge at all. After about two weeks, this manager had not helped me in any way, After these two weeks I had a terrible flare up that had left me bed-ridden for a while, This manager had never cared to provide me with his phone number, nor had he asked any of my team members for my contact information, which many of them had, leaving me to call the front desk and alert them there that I would not be in today.
After about a week of not being able to contact my manager (I had asked the front desk to transfer my call to my manager, however they did not have the capability of doing so) HR contacts me and asks me why I have not been in contact with my manager, instead of asking me why I hadn't been in to work in a week. They didn't seem to care that I had a disability that left me bed-ridden,only that I hadn't been in contact with my manager, and even after that, he never tried to contact me himself.

Overall, the companies management was very lacky, and unprofessional. The bonus system was left to be desired and pretty much impossible to bonus off of, and with that said, they also didn't pay us our bonus for several months, which led to a site-wide "sales boycott". The co-workers were the only thing that made it possible to work there. – less
Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMay 1, 2015
My duties at this job is to assist AT&T customer with any need or difficulty they’re having with their phone or billing issue; we also are in mandatory sales and extraordinary customer service.
Fast -paced
technical support agent (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 1, 2015
A very fast paced occupation. I was able to gain a lot of information on technology. There was always something to do in this job, never a slow moment.
work at home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), FLMay 1, 2015
loved working rom home and my morningshift. was able to work plus care for my children. handled billing, payments and saling as well as processing orders
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2015
I LOVE WORKING HERE THERE ARE SOME MINOR THINGS THAT THE COMPANY CAN CHANGE AS FAR AS THE POINT SYSTEM , I LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE PEOPLE
High energy and fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Longview, TXMay 1, 2015
It was good. Lots of energy. Liked helping people solve their problems. I also liked the challenge of selling to a customer over the phone.
FUN LOVING PLACE
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOApril 30, 2015
I ENJOYED THIS JOB BECAUSE I LOVE TO TALK ON THE PHONE SO THAT WAS A PLUS FOR ME. IT MADE LEARNING FUN AND EASY. THE MANAGERS WERE ALSO NICE AND HELPFUL TO ME WHEN I HAD A PROBLEM.
sales
Sales and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Laredo, TXApril 30, 2015
In this company i would answer calls all day,and i would try and solve the customers issue dealing with cable,internet,or phone services.Our goal was to make sales every day and get new customers as well to add our services to their home as well as meeting the monthly sales limit each month.
Hardest Part Of The Job
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTApril 30, 2015
This job was a temp job - I personally felt that it is a very sexist company - ex. only men could work on the machinery, and women could only do the petty simple tasks - I feel women are capable of doing it the way the men were.
Honest Opinion
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 30, 2015
Pros: Pay, Hours, Easy, Nice Staff, Great Enviorment
Cons: stats, Easy Fire
Great place to work, and the pay is great, but make a small mistake and it will be very easy to loose your job. Just do what you're suppose to no matter what. In CRG you're meant to save the customers, so when doing that always make sure you make a valid save attempt.
Convergys
Sales Associate/Customer Retention (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and Incentives
Cons: Job security, Every Man/Women for themselves environment.
Wouldn't recommend job to anyone that is seeking long term employment. Most of the management are only looking out for themselves and job security is at an all time low. If a company is always hiring and then firing that is an indication that the company is either not hiring the proper employees (which shouldn't be the blame) or feels that they have the "power" to replace someone without thought.
great
Home Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 29, 2015
Pros: at home
Cons: short breaks
Stay at home and answer calls...Convergys is a great place to get experience and to learn the BPO industry, or get experience in the many industries they support their clients in. In many locations you can work with several Fortune 500 companies and have the opportunity to build your resume. I do believe they care about their people and people development.
productive and fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative Express Scripts (Former Employee), florissant, moApril 29, 2015
Taking inbound phone calls from, patients, doctors, or pharmacist to
help provide the best information for a patient's plan benefits or prescription benefits.
Making sure callers are satisfied and get the information they need
High Stress
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), Hickory, NCApril 29, 2015
When I first started working for this company, I was told I would not have sell anything over the phone. Within a year, I was told if I did not make offers or sales, I would lose my job. As a single mother it was very stressful not knowing if I would have a job from one month to another based solely on sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service portion of the job. I really enjoy helping people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries