Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 8,088 reviews matching the search
lead you around like you have a ring in your nose.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IASeptember 20, 2017
Constant change. contracts are always ending so have to learn a new line of business. I believe this one way they could keep salaries low. Constant shift bids. Too many weekends and holidays. call flow could be non stop. I ran to 1 upper management person after they left the company who made this comment. Sometimes we treated you like cattle. (take that to the bank)
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
non stop back to back calls, low salary. Hours
Great place
Customer Service/Sales & Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Convergys was a great place to work. I just found a better opportunity. I would love to go back to work for them in the future is the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
I loved teaching new representatives about their new job.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day would start with a warm up session such as playing a game or working out a problem. It was mostly computer work and discussion. I learned each class was unique. Management did not get involved unless there was a problem that needed their attention. The culture was relaxed and I always took time to answer any questions. The hardest part of the job was keeping the pace going all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was watch the representatives get the basics of the job they were training for.
Pros
The teaching.
Cons
The preparation for each new class
Not a bad work environment.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 19, 2017
The training you get is sufficient. This however is a job that you have to have the right attitude to do. Not everyone is meant to be in sales, and I was not. I enjoyed working with the people who trained me, as well as my managers and co-workers.
Pros
lengthy paid training
Cons
some policies were hard to follow
A very diverse company to work for. Each day was a pleasure to come in
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Each day brought its challenges with it, but nothing that could not be overcome. It is a very busy environment and I was fortunate enough to be able to work in another company for Convergys ( USA) due to the advancement and career opportunities that were given to me. Management was extremely supportive and open to ideas that would always help the moral of our employees if it was needed. The workplace culture was fun and numerous friends were made. It was high stress due to the high numbers that were expected to be achieved, but the training and support was there also for those that needed it. The hardest part of the job is always when you have to let people go and managing those that continue to push the envelope.
The most enjoyable was the relationships that were made and the opportunities with my career.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive management team and decent wages
Cons
Stressful environment with attaining site goals
love helping others
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
I was working for Blue Cross Blue Shield through convergys. I love to help out others. It was a great experience to learn the knowledge behind the billing and benefits when it comes down to your doctors expenses. I was a great life lesson.
Not a good place to work
Tech support agent (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 19, 2017
Did not like the job. Some people are meant for this though and really good at it. Was not a fan of the work environment. Some of the management was good and some not so much.
Pros
They let you bring a blanket to work if you are cold
Cons
Short breaks
Diversity and fun
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Flexibility, diversity, benefits, teamwork. Management does the right things. nothing is hard but it is very important to accomplish tasks and goals Culture comes from divers people from different backgrounds.
Call Center
Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
It is your average call center. You get what you expect. The hours the choose you are stuck with even if hired under a different plan. It is just a call center.
Fun place to work with game room
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2017
Convergys is a good place to work at. They give you the training you need in order to be productive with your customers/clients. Management pushed employees in making sure that customers issues are taken care of and that there needs are met.
Good
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKSeptember 19, 2017
The hours and pay and benefits were great and the job was easy just reading a script most sups were great not so much for coworkers overall not a bad place just no longer open
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Convergys did good by the employees sometimes you do have the great benefit of getting dtv services for free so that was really a plus just not enough pay a lot of favoritism
Pros
Free tv services
Cons
Not enough oay
productive, lots of stress
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Current Team Leader at Convergys.
Deal with Workforce Management
Scheduling
Quality monitoring
Audit payroll.
I enjoy the people i work with.
The lack of support from leadership is the problem here
Pros
No points if your late
Cons
take time away
good starting place for call center work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work is back to back calls. I've learned to have more patience, especially with elderly customers who get confused about how to work their cable service.
Horrible Place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I don't enjoy working there, The hours are horibble, always have to work holidays, no flexibility if you have a secondary job, there is no work/home balance
Stressful and Unpleasent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKSeptember 18, 2017
Policies would change and the upper management would not tell employees and then employees would be punished for not complying to the new policies. This would frequently end in termination for the employee.
Great place to work if you enjoy being at a desk all day.
Customer Service Representative Federal Team (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 18, 2017
Opportunity to work in different programs and learn different jobs. Pay is on the light side. Management was fairly fixed and stable so little job advancement.
Pros
Job security and set schedule.
Cons
low pay and slow paced
Low pay and low advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Convergys does not provide competitve pay for the area. Especially staff level employees. There is very little acknowledgment for jobs well done and no lack of consequences for mistakes made.
Depends on what your preferences are
Warranty Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 18, 2017
This is not a typical 9 to 5 job. It also requires a certain type of person to work here. It can be a great place to work in regards to benefits and moving up. However, it can be stressful with the phone calls that you may receive from customers. It is a difficult job to have with children.
great place
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  North Logan, UT 84341September 18, 2017
I liked it until I had my manager changed they do work well with a schedule and for the most part it is a relaxed place to work and they train you very well to do the job
Pros
two breaks and a lunch
Cons
its a call center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.