Convergys
4,326 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Good for students and people who have no drive.
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2015
Go in, talk on the phones for several hours about the same stuff over and over again until you can't take it anymore and quit.
Provided many opportunities to earn rewards and good people to be around.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMay 18, 2015
Pros: Games to win gift cards or other small gifts.
Cons: Long days with back to back ohone calls very little down time, somewhat exhausting over time.
Spent all day at a desk staring at a computer screen, and wearing a head set to answer customers calls and fulfill their needs. There were many opportunities to earn rewards at work, meet goals and be rewarded for it.It was tough work dealing with frustrated customers, but that tough me a lot on how to deal with it in a positive way. The hardest part of the job for me was staring at the computer screen all day and sitting down I would prefer to get up and walk around more often.
Not as good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2015
My experience with convergys was not very good. I did not make it past the training stage. I tried to learn as much as I could, but when it came time for me to be on the phones with a trainers "help" my questions where ignored, the answers I did get where short to the point of being rude. I was terminated with little or no explanation after trying very hard to do my best.
unprofessional work place
Customer Service Representative- Troubleshoot (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: not professional
this job is very unprofessional, the supervisors never wanted to do their jobs, they do not treat their employees fairly. this job shows a lot of favortism
very fun job first job ever
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), jacksonville floridaMay 17, 2015
200-250 inbound calls a day was a typical work day
how to winback customers by offering promotions
management was micro managing
didn't have time to really meet co workers always busy
when I got customers to stay with the company
NUll
sales (Former Employee), Watertown, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
very friendly work environment but not very professional....Would not likely tell people to work there... very high turn over rate
profesional and fun
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), tucson azMay 15, 2015
Pros: events and lunches
Cons: none
a typical day at work would be answering question for the new hire training agents and walk around helping them with anything they might need. I learned to be patient as other people may need the extra help and have to be allot more patient. Management is ok but could be better. My co workers are awesome very friendly and nice person. The hardest part of the job is to be patient you could easy break at any time but patients is the key. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i helped out everyone and them telling me thanks for the help.
not the best but...
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 14, 2015
Pros: full time work
Cons: standard are not consistaint
it is an alright place to work if you can deal with your standards constantly changing. lacks consistency but is alright if you are just looking for full time work
Scared of our own shadows.
RCI WVO Guide (Current Employee), Taylorsville, UTMay 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the whole company
Not a very professional workplace. The coaches are slightly two faced: one minute their your buddy, the next they threaten to fire you over goals or HR appropriateness. They use fear tactics and lies to get you to do what they want. HR, recruiting, and higher-ups constantly mislead you and mis-direct you. I have never been more miserable than working for Convergys and RCI, and the only reasin I haven't quit yet is that I need to pay rent.
Fun place to work cares for the employee with great benifits
Billing, Sales, and Technical Support (Former Employee), Tucson, AzMay 14, 2015
Great place to work friendly environment. Management cares. Bonuses and incentives. Fast paced with customer satisfaction as a primary goal.
Nice envirnment with ping pong and pool tables
Customer Service Care Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
My normal shift starts at 9:00 am and end at 6:00pm. Daily spiffs and drawings to win gift cards, maintain survey scores. take about 15 to 20 calls per day.
overall good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 14, 2015
the only bad thing about this job is that is very hard to get a schedule that works with your personal life
days are long
staff is friendly
RUN FAST
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: free training
Cons: everything else!
I would never in life work for this company!
Convergys is located in Lake Mary and for most commuters is a distance.
The compensation is at a bare minimum between 10.00 and 11.00 an hour regardless of your skill set.
The Apple account compensation is a joke period!
The company is making a lot of money on the accounts they house but pay nothing to their employees.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMay 13, 2015
Fun place to work. Exciting daily basis. Fast paced most days, but some upper management state that they care but their actions say otherwise.
great work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: knowledge
Cons: short breaks
its a great work environment with great benefits. although you deal with some difficult calls, there are managers to assist you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great pay, opportunity for advancement
Cons: Short breaks, high stress
I enjoyed my typical day at work. I learned to better communicate things with my words, as well as how to handle more stressful situations. This environment was major with allowing the employees to work both independently and with a team to maximize results. I now know how to be more flexible with different personalities on a daily basis, and how to adapt to whatever situation presented.
Very Productive work environment.
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, great benefits, plenty of overtime.
I held several positions with this company. I started as a customer service representative. My typical day with this position, included answering inbound calls and making outbound calls. I worked for Onstar. I provided directions to customers, contacted emergency assistance when needed by my customers, set up initial accounts.
My typical day as a quality specialist, included, listening to and monitoring agent calls, providing daily feedback, consulting with my peers on gray areas when listening to calls.
Management always had an open door policy.
My co-workers were fantastic and always willing to work together.
The hardest part of the job was providing feedback to an agent that was not concerned about their performance.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a difference after proving constructive feedback. It gave a me a sense of accomplishment to see the improvement in the results and to get a compliment from an agent I assisted.
Constant turnover
Account Manager - YP Onboarding (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Casual dress
Cons: Pay and hours
Convergys hires people that are desperate and down and out. They promise you everything to get you in and when you're in, they come through. Management is poor.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 12, 2015
Good job, a lot of dead time. Best to stay to yourself at this job. A lot of events. pretty fun. Hardest part of job is not getting help when you need it
This job was somewhere I enjoyed interacting with other agents and learning from them as well.
Non Contingency Agent (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 12, 2015
I learned how to work more efficiently with others. I learned how to have patience as an agent and give customers every ounce of companionship that they deserve.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries