Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,817 reviews matching the search
Working at a entertainment call center
Dish Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work would be getting ready to make as much sales a day as possible and be ready for obstacles. The job is to up sell and make as much sales for the commission for the week. The management team forms a team meeting every day and motivates the shift thats coming in before we get on the phones. The hardest part of the job is to stay on task when a series of non sales happen. The best thing to do at that point is refresh your self by taking a break and get back to making as many sales as you can and positive. The enjoyable part of the job is everybody is always in a good mood and its exciting everyday.
Pros
You are in control of your own wages, all commission
Cons
Can get loud in the work place.
Company view
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2016
They are reliable when it comes to job stability, however they were not good with support from management. Also they do not keep you with a steady schedule.
Pros
1hr lunch & good advancement
Cons
schedule and employee support/ management
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2015
Supportive management, Advancement depends on performance instead of tenure, It can get crowded and loud at time. Some days are back to back calls and other days are 5-10 minutes between times. Offer healthcare and other benefits after 90 days of employment and a raise in pay. Overall experience is not too bad.
Pros
Health Care, Incentives, Recognition, and Giveaways
Cons
Crowding and noisey
Convergys
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 13, 2015
I have enjoyed working for this company. A lot of opportunity for advancement. I love my coworkers and love coming to work.

Hardest part of this job is communication amongst departments. Needs to happen more.

Convergys is flexible and family environment. Main thing is to watch attendance. If you stay in communication with your management, they will help you.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K plans
Cons
Not enough support at times.
It's not what they make it out to be.
Customer Service Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2016
They will draw you in saying it's easy to be promoted and great benefits, NOT TRUE. Managers are DRAMA QUEENS and gossip more than agents. I would not recommend this job to anyone who's looking for a "long-term" type of job.
Pros
Early leave
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management.
Job is not worth the pay
Retention Specialist for AT&T / Directv (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 5, 2016
This company does not care for their employees. Everyone is paid the same, they say they give bonuses but every time you meet the standards for it they change so that you will not meet the next month. If you are lucky enough to get the bonus it will take them two months to pay it to you and 99% of the time it is wrong and you need to fight to get it. Managers are under trained and can not assist. (AT&T plus convergys suck). They want you to work with several products but do not want to pay employees right. When I started we only worked with wireless we made 9.00 hr- plus we received commission from AT&T and monthly bonuses from Convergys . Now we have to deal with Uverse/Wireless/and Directv we make 11.00 hr- we do not get commission anymore ( that was the only perk) and if we are lucky enough we might get a monthly bonus. The health insurance is expensive and not worth it. The sight director is useless and a waste of space. I would not recommend anyone to apply at this company!!!!!
Pros
401k, vacation
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, insurance is over priced
Okay place, not long term
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 15, 2016
I would not mind going back to work here in I HAD to. The workplace is stressful and the supervisors make it worse. Most of the team leaders feel they can talk and treat yo any kind of way.
Pros
Bonuses, compensation
Cons
short breaks, management
This is an okay job.
Healthcare Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 27, 2016
I like being able to help the people I talk to answer the questions I am asked. The experience is great as well as the thing I have learned thus far. Management is not that great, things are accused towards people that haven't been the things that are being accused. They are not professional and don't know how to properly handle situations with the agents. I believe they are great people outside of the office but in the office they just don't like their job so they take it out on the agents.
Pros
Helping, breacks, Paid time off
Cons
High school envierment, non profetional managers
productive day at work
Call repersenative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2016
I Love my job waking up going to make money as well as meet new people throughout the world and helping others. I learn something new everyday. especially when we have coaching and team meetings. Management is always around so if i have a question they don't mind me asking. There is not much to hard about my job because life itself id a challenge,ill search for the answers and if still have questions then ill ask a manage for further assistance.
Pros
lunch and breaks
Cons
healthcare, and hours
got its perks occassionally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 12, 2016
good pay, I wou.d assist customers over the phone with their att cellphone service. I really enjoyed helping the customers however when it came to anything besides minor issues management would not support the agents or give them whatever answer they think will work to get off the issue, Many time other issues brought to managements attention, were left unaddressed then and later. Several times i was given incorrect information on how to handle issues yet . It seems like ATT is no longer about the customer or employees yet about the numbers on their paycheck.
Pros
The site manager would occassionaly hand out donuts and hot chocolate, or slices of pizza to each employee individually.
Cons
They will start grading you with stats for that you have not been trained in yet
This is the worst place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
We never received compensation for our work. No raises after a year for any one. Too much mandatory overtime and supervisors that lie and throw you under the bus to save themselves. The discrimination in the work place was terrible.
Pros
Cons
every thing about the job
Coaching sessions with employees
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 10, 2016
Receiving praise from employees on the training and skills that I was able to provide them. Working in a virtual environment and troubleshooting peers computers and network systems.
Benefits
Cons
Hours of work
Good for a last resort job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2016
One word: GHETTO!

When you start you and walk through with the other new hires most of the current employee stare, point, and talk about you like you aren't standing right there. A lot of pressure to sell and "empathize" and not apologize with hostile customers. Also, if you plan to go to school and work they don't like it and make you sign a paper saying that your courses won't interfere with the job. My suggestion is to only take this job if you absolutely have to.
Cons
No job security
Fun work environment but lack luster upper management!
Pharmacy Help Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work was really simple and easy as far as performing my job was concerned. Co-workers were wonderful and I got along with every one of them. Upper management wasn't interested in the needs of the people they supervised.
The hardest part of my job was getting a straight answer from upper management in a timely fashion or if at all. It seems they never had a answer to questions such as pay raises and bonuses that were earned but not paid out.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to new people on the phone and having them get excited when I could help them.
Pros
No real dress code.
Cons
Upper management seem to not have a concern about the stuggles of the people they supervised.
cattle call
Phone Sales & Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 10, 2016
This place will hire anybody, so the job is not very good. Neither is the pay or benefits or culture or workplace environment. The job was difficult and required a college semester's worth of learning.
A typical day at work was receiving daily work via email. It was very challenging to get into accounts and correct errors.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESOLUTION AGENT III (Former Employee) –  1901 N Broadway, Moore OK 73169February 20, 2016
I love working for Convergys. The staff were the most helpful and caring I have ever known. The job was a challenge in that I was attempting to certify Rebates for all customer for the Midwest Region. My input was crucial to saving the company money. People would attempt to obtain these rebates by false pretense and only by me going into the accounts were the critical verifications done.

The hardest part of the job was the contact with customers to get them to understand why a rebate was not going to be paid.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Getting promotions
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2016
management is half and half not too bad but some don't really know what they're doing. benefits are decent for the type of job. hardest part is giving the job your all and treating customers well with no real "thanks" from company like working and not getting a pat on the back
Pros
easy and decent work area
Cons
management
It was nice to be able to work from home.
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 8, 2016
Working from home was a big plus, saving the commute. A typical day would entail to around 45-60 calls dealing with different customers on billing issues. I learned the system pretty quickly with adding and removing line items from accounts, making the billing process much easier for each customer. The management is great, they are always available to help out when needed and help transition to newer things. Not very many relationships with co-workers due to the fact that it was a work at home job. Though we do communicate in team meetings and also in our group chats. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping the customer with every need and giving them all necessary information to get help in the future.
fun at workplace however there are so many added work loads with no increase
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philippines, PHFebruary 18, 2016
I have learned how to treat everyone as family.
I have learned to mingle with other circle of friends and also building relationship with the team.
Schedule timeframe and tour band are the most difficult part of it as they do not have fixed tour band for a month.
Most enjoyable part is being with your work mates through ups and down in your personal and work life at the same time.
Pros
free snacks, free videoke anytime at the production, during events there are also freebies
Cons
healthcard is delayed, time schedules are hard to manange, work loads and metrics are too much with what are we getting payed for
Fun but not much advancement
Tier 2 Technical support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 31, 2016
Convergys was good for what I needed at the time. The environment was fun and I made many great friends. The work and knowledge has even improved my daily life with how I interact with other people. Basically you would be fine if you showed up on time everyday and tried your best. The down side was that unless you got a promotion to an operations manager there wasn't that much advancement. Most of the pay advancement came from attendance awards.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not much advancement