Convergys
3,708 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Family
Customer Service Rep & Sales (Virtual Rep) (Current Employee), Work at HomeJanuary 18, 2015
I love my career at Convergys, we're not only employees but were a family. All the TL's are very caring and understanding and eventhough its a work at home job you feel as if they are right there and got your back.
Good atmosphere for work.
AAG Tier 1 Agent (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good enviroment and plenty of breaks.
Cons: customers have poor understanding of processes and can become a hassle to work with.
Get to work and then hit the phones. Calls are very random and different in nature. Clientele are very different in moods/intellect. Some very hard to work with, some very easy. Management was positive and most were good people. Co-workers were always helpful.
It was a great place to work, a people type of job.
Warranty Exchange Rep (Former Employee), Clarksville, TnJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: freedom to work on your own.
Cons: long hrs.
I was working at the ideal job. I learned a lot about people and managing people. I worked both as a floor rep and a manager.
Convergys
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOJanuary 17, 2015
A typical work day at Convergys really depends on the project, but answering phone calls is common to all the projects. While taking phone calls can be repetitive, each customer issue is different therefore providing some variety. Prove that you are good on the phones and management may give you different assignments as they come available.

Having been on 3 different projects, I've learned a lot ---- how to wire my own phone line, how to build a computer and what to ask when someone comes to my home to give me a bid on a project. However, my greatest lesson is how to get a long with different personality types (a skill that is useful, no matter what industry).

The management at Convergys, is I suspect, like management anywhere --- some are flexible, some are not. I will say this, I have been lucky enough to have management on each of my projects that are very flexible. Advise, If you want and need something, make sure you are flexible in offering something to trade.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the people that are in your project and in the building. Some say it's cliché, but my experience has been that Convergys employees are a kind of family.
Great co-workers, Positive Atmosphere
Sales/Service Representative (Current Employee), Cedar City, UTJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: the people
Convergys is definitely one of the top employers in the area when it comes to both pay and benefits. The management is great and make working in a calling center environment as easy as possible while still expecting hard work and dedication in return.
Lies
CSR (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Everything they said was a lie and the excuse was that policies change.
it's a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: get hired for "customer support" have to sell customers unneeded upgrades
It's a job if you have absolutely nothing else. Just don't expect to just be a customer support. Be prepared to have to up-sale unwanted/needed products to already unhappy customers.
Good Steady Job
Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Full time at least 40 hours per week with opportunities for overtime. Consistant schedule which makes it easier for work life balance. Typical day is answer calls and resolving customer concerns. There is alot of opportunities for advancement.
Awful Job
Android Support ATT (Former Employee), ArnoldJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: training was sometimes fun
Cons: horrible place to work, awful management
I worked ATT Android Support Arnold location. When in training our first trainer threatened the class and would get nasty. The trainer never returned extending our training a few weeks out. I met all different personalities. One had a State Prison jacket on, I was uncomfortable bringing my wallet into work. When I went on the floor The Lead was rude from start, no support. They never acknowledged any compliments from the customers, only focused on the negative. I became a number. No matter how good you did if they didn't like you, you were going to fail. Being older I was not a gamer, I never chatted in chat room online about games. It was evident I was a fish out of water. I was quiet, did my job but the lead had this unprofessional horrible attitude from day one. When I lost my job there were no reasons except my numbers which could be alter at ones choice, and the comment that I was putting on weight was unacceptable. There were people twice my size. I am glad to be away from a stressful, unpleasant atmosphere and will be appreciated somewhere where people are professional and treat their employee's with fairness and consideration.
customer service job
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: you don't have to call they call you
Cons: dealing with mad customers
talk to direct tv customers and fix problems, and take payments
Convergys/NetCracker was a great learning opportunity
Senior Analyst / Environment Network Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FlJanuary 14, 2015
My experience at Convergys/NetCracker was very positive. I certainly enjoyed my co-workers. Unfortunately due to the economy the company was not as healthy and went through rough times and released a number of very talented co-workers.
Too many supervisors.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 14, 2015
Everyday is different. Basic Admin Asst duties. Call Center; we had alot of contest.
very fun and honest work place
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 13, 2015
i loved working at convergys, everyone was so nice and willing to help. There is so much room for advancement.
Convergys Bad
AT&T U-verse - Help Desk (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Convergys is the worst place that I have ever worked, leadership was terrible, benefits were way to expensive, pay was extremely low
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Served as a Customer Service agent and answered incoming calls from customers with questions regarding their insurance benefits. Contacted providers daily to check on status of eligibility and worked closely with claims and other specialty departments.
Internet Cafe, good insurance
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: solving problems for customers all over the united states and puerto rico
Cons: high turnover, company did not care about getting all calls resolved
They changed work shifts at least 4 times a year which made it difficult to develop a lasting home life routine.

Very good insurance

I learned how to answer calls , document what the call was about, and solve their problems. Very high turnover and very hard to develop lasting work friendships. I really liked my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was to ever get a bonus because
I cared more about the customer than the bonus...
I could go above and beyond the expectations of the company but could not get their problems solved in the short time given
Systems are Frustrating
C.S.R. II/Back Office Agent (Current Employee), Moore, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, set schedule
Cons: unreliable systems
A typical day at work is a mix of stress and relaxing. There are very strict time allotments for each task which is not always obtainable due to systems that are problematic and make it very difficult to even move the mouse!

I learned how to do much with telecommunication systems as well as the history of telecommunications and how they have impacted our country, citizens, and even laws.

The work itself is enjoyable. I like being able to help people and make corrections to accounts. There are many times that I am able to access someone's account correct issues in coding and billing before the customer's service or billing is even negatively effected- that is really cool to me. I enjoy this part of my job very much.

My coworkers are amazing. They have worked for the company in different areas and if you have a question about a task someone almost always has a way to help! They are a very supportive group of people.

The hardest part of the day is trying to coerce the systems to work. It is difficult to complete a task in a timely manor or the allotted time when computer systems are not reliable and are prone to freezing and crashing daily.
Good Starter Job
SR. OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Arnold, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Convergys is a good place to find a position with options to learn about the business world
Positive
Trainer/Technical Support (Former Employee), Orem, UTJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: cash incentives
I loved working at Convergys, we had such a fun and positive work environment. Our management was always there to help us and teach us better ways to do our job. I really enjoyed our management and my co workers. When we had a lot of clients on hold I'd push myself harder to resolve the calls faster.
The managers seem to be interested in their employees lives.
Call Center Employee (Former Employee), Taylorville UTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good health care coverage.
Cons: hr is difficult to contact and they sometimes make mistakes with pay checks.
This is a call center environment. The trainer I had was awesome he was very knowledgeable they make sure to adequately train their staff. I learned about how a call center works, something I had never considered before. My coworkers were a lot of fun to be around and usually available to answer any questions that you might have. The hardest part of the job was making the outbound calls and getting cooperation from the person at the other end of the line. I liked that they made sure all employees took their scheduled breaks.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more