Convergys Employee Reviews

N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2017
It was a good company good pay and nice hours not to face paced great management loved the company would recommend to anyone and understanding on attendance
Collaborative, High Paced Environment
Senior Account Director/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2017
Overall positive work experience over the time I was there; great products and services. Convergys distinguishes itself with a culture that is focused on "All Hands On Deck" when client crises occur. Consummate professionals in the workplace. A bit challenging to get a read on opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Solid Midwestern Company/ Good Core Values
Cons
Professional Development up to the employee, exclusively
Convergys great pay long hours
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
I Really Didn't like Working Their It's Ghetto The People Is Very Rude Disrespectful Team Members Are Not Helpful at all I Only stayed There For 6 months It's unorganized Things didn't go as I Planned They have Great pay & Good benefits
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Ghetto Rude People
management sucked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 5, 2017
If you werent good at getting customers to buy new lines or to add direct tv to their accounts, they wouldnt help you.. Just make you feel bad. If you do shoot for a sale and the customer still says no, it counts against you.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
everything else
I would recomend
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at Convergys fro Direct TV Satelite Television because of the free Satelite Television and Includung all the movie channels. The pay and hours were available to those who applied theirselves. The management were relaxed and lieniant.
Convergys was a job that I enjoy doing inbound/outbound calls
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaDecember 5, 2017
When working with convergys this company was great experience. I enjoy myself working on Wal-mart.com placing orders and receiving calls from customers about their order. I work in a wonderful environment around wonderful good people.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
No Cons
Its ok but tiring
Call Center Rep, Tier1 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2017
They stress the bonus but it is taken out from your taxes
Only 30min linches and not enough tome to eat when there other employees trying to warm up food.
ANot enough training.
Systems always down.
Pros
Only discounts inline the only good thing besides school
Cons
Benifits doesnt kick in til after your 90 days
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2017
This just is something you accepted when all else fails, it’s so unorganized. I have been in the call center world for 5 years and this job is so different
Call Center
Technical Trouble Shooting / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Logan, UT 84341December 4, 2017
They tell you one think when you get hired, but those things change once you get hired. Its a pain trying to get days off. And communication from manager to workers aren't the best. And you just feel more like a number, then a person.
Pros
OT when available
Cons
pay, management
Awesome place to w3ork
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 4, 2017
A day working here is pretty relaxed, however if you have kids or go to school you would need to let them no in advance to work with your available time.
Productive and playful enviornment
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MODecember 4, 2017
It is fast paced, you must learn quickly, training is given, but not enough, and as most management will tell you for that issue, fake it till you make it. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the frustration of the customer that is directed at you, and you have to listen and handle that customer, no matter how irate or upset they may be.
Very competitive work place, fun enviornment, great peers.
Senior Team Leader Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 4, 2017
A typical day is leading a morning meeting, monitor agents who are struggling to get sales. If an agent is struggling, I would live listen to them and provide feedback while on the call with hopes to get the sale. I would also pull a struggling agent off the phone and provide one on one coaching to improve success rate for daily performance as well as overall performance.
quick paced and sometimes stressful calls
Pharmacy Tech. Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2017
This is a call center that has positive and negatives about it. It is a very relaxed workplace, calls can be a bit stressful sometimes. You don't always have a set schedule.
A Day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 4, 2017
I had to arrive at my desk 5 minutes before my day started, and clock in to start my day. I would log into all my systems put on my headset turn the phone system on and wait for my 1st call. My calls will start high volume throughout the day up until my 1st break and up to lunch time. After my 30 minute lunch calls will continue to be back to back into the end of my shift. Sometimes calls would come in 2 to 3 minutes apart but mostly high volume. The calls make the day go by faster. Working at a call center is straight to the point, answering calls all day is expected and I enjoyed it. Some calls where easy to handle and some was difficult. I worked 5 days and 2 days off.
Pros
fast pace, 2 days off, optional overtime
Cons
short breaks, not enough help or training..
sometimes it is exciting but most of the time we are productive and collaborative with each other
Costumer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionDecember 4, 2017
typically the the job that i have with Convergys is really difficult and risk taking, most especially i was placed in the position where most the callers are posing as the person owning the account but good thing we are trained properly to handle this type of situations. and the most fun part about this is that we have a lot of time to play since we are not receiving calls consecutively. We are helping each other out to resolve a case and we let new employees feel free to ask anytime they need help, the management thought us to help each other out since we are a very small family among other departments or line of business.
Pros
movie tickets, recognition and awarding
Cons
short break, inconsiderate about health issues
A place to find out what you're made of
Warranty Center Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 3, 2017
My roles at Convergys surprised me. Management felt I was capable of more than my senior agent position and accepted me for a position as Program Ready Trainer.

In the role as PRT, I found the ability (unknown to me at the time!) to teach new hires the basics of their new jobs. I led classroom discussions, taught from PowerPoint slides, and learned basic management skills (coaching and difficult conversations, and so much more about organization and logistics of training.) I found enjoyment in passing along information. Watching others learn is now a passion, and I have tremendous satisfaction when I see peers & others understand and grow within the company, taking on more complex roles.

A typical day as PRT is presenting material to trainees about company policy, account processes, and product knowledge. Getting to know my students is the most fun - activities and discussions help me identify strengths and weaknesses of both individuals and of the class as a whole. At the end of the day, reports are filed and distributed. This job is challenging but leaves me with a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

The hardest part about the job is finding the resources to accomplish technical tasks that are out of my control. Networking and support from management is critical to get updates in when needed.

I highly recommend Convergys for those who don't know what they are capable of doing.
Pros
Meeting lots of new people
Cons
Resources can be an issue that leads to frustration.
fun and competative workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 3, 2017
Assisting customers on a daily basis with billing questions and troubleshooting an item they were calling about. Fun Place to work but stressful when you get call after call no stop until your scheduled break or lunch.
Pros
gameroom
Cons
stressful
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2017
Management sucks they don’t have good tactics, training sucks, didn’t learn anything !! Bad place to work wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here. no one knows what they are doing or have any kind of leadership
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Poor management, poor environment, horrible communication with employees
ok company
Senior Manager, Business Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2017
I think that the company can be a great place to work but it needs to understand employee value. There are a great number of employees with underused skills.
Pros
size
Cons
limited movement
Terrible!!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 2, 2017
This place was by far the worst place I have every worked at. I could not be paid enough to want to work for this company again. The managers were the worst part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.