Convergys
3,250 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Typical day at Work
Customer Service Inbound and Outbound (Current Employee), Garner, North CarolianSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay is not good
Customer Service,set appts. Do confirms of appts, outbound to set appts
Not a good place to work
Technical Support Rep (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 9, 2014
None of the managers tell you the same information. training is long and not helpful for positions.
Fun training experience, mediocre work experience
ATT Technical Chat Representative (Former Employee), Murray, UTSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, enjoyable training session
Cons: short breaks, bad management philosophy
Training lasted 9 weeks and was an excellent experience and exceptionally fun. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers when a certain issue went unresolved. The dress code is laid back and casual.

When it came to discipline, sometimes the management was a little unorthodox in the way of justifying the Attendance Point System.

All – more... in all, it was a great experience lesson. – less
not a great place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: many
Inconsistent policies and procedures. Hazy goals. Very high turnover rate among mid-level management. Contract call center
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Laredo, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: open areas, plenty of coworker to meet
Cons: short breaks
receive plenty of call per hour and attend and solve customers needs.
Convergys
Charter Communications Agent (Current Employee), Heathrow, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: micro managed
We are micromanaged to the extreme, even when out numbers are right, they still find flaws on us and "improvement areas."
Not only we have to put up with the anger and frustration of Charter's customers, but also our software breaks constantly it's not very useful and clear, and managers pick on us for "product knowledge."
I've learned to keep quiet – more... and my head down.
I'd hate to be a manager, if it'd turn me into an ogre.
I see coworkers come and go. They don't last more than 2 or 3 months. 90% are gone within 6 months.
The stress level is incredible. It takes the best out of the best people.
There is no good part in this job, except for the brakes and the time to go home.
Please let the world know: Convergys is a concentration camp, where the ones that stay are the poor and humble masochists, with no hope for a brighter future. – less
na
Problem Resolution Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great "first" job with a few downsides
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: bonus, work environment, people
Cons: hourly pay, poor management, poor scheduling
As my first "official" job, I did enjoy my time at Convergys. The people and laid back environment really made a difference, and I did have a lot of fun while learning some important social and business skills. My only complaints, though, were the pay, scheduling, and management. Every single manager/team lead/etc had a different answer for your questions, – more... and sometimes even the systems were incorrect about our policies. The hourly pay was pretty low, but if you were good at earning your bonus, it really made it worthwhile. There was pretty high pressure to make sales for that bonus, though.
Last but not least, you have a different schedule every two weeks, which was extremely inconvenient and annoying. BUT, it was also fairly easy to secure time off because of this. Not for a long vacation, but a day or two here and there.
It's also fairly easy to trade schedules with another employee, temporarily OR permanently. Would definitely recommend to younger people looking for experience or advancement, definitely not to someone trying to support a family or pay all the bills. – less
good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2014
taking inbound calls and trouble shooting alarm system and making outbound calls. Also taking calls about billing issues.
Calm office environment with hands on assistance
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 7, 2014
answering phone calls for at&t, troubleshooting cell phones and assisting with billing, learned how to navigate through different systems
Hours, pay, and benefits are good
Customer Service/ Tech Support (Current Employee), Heathrow FlSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: hours, pay, and benefits are good
Cons: under new management
Basically, I love my job, the pay hours and benefits are all good, and I enjoy helping people understand their bill and how their phones work.. The only real downfall is how poorly the company is run. Management is terrible.
Great place to work if you Love Stress and Bad MANAGEMENT !
IRU _ SALES (Current Employee), Pharr , TexasSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: you get to call in sick 12 times before you get the can
Cons: everything / 30 min lunches / underpaid !!!
It's like any other call center job during training, they have all the managers and trainers come in and tell you there success story. How you can make it to the top in this company and we promote 79 % within the business. The Trainers believe there the best but honestly most of what you learn from this 10 week training class is how much B.S. they taught – more... you that has no relevance to whats going on in the production floor.
Managers that are overworked so they cant focus on improving new agents so its a sick or swim environment. They will teach you involve to resolve, but when you try the method and ask your T>L. for help they will always tell you MY CSP ! LOL you will get sick of hearing this acronym!

Your held responsible for something called WTR ! Willingness to Recommend ! which the equation for the metric makes absolutely no sense. Customers are always mad because att store reps will mislead and straight lie to the customers and mis inform them about charges and manipulate by lying to them to get the sale , so in result the customer will call 611 , and get you on the line and then curse you out for the core store reps mischievous tactics to get more commissions ! they remind me of used car salesmen that your parents always tell you about to stay away from. then after you try to do everything to make the customer happy 9 out of 10 times the customer will give you a bad survey which impacts your job stability at this company ! You will always be written up , and never coached about anything positive. they will only pull you off the phone when you get something called a detractor which is a bad survey , they will listen to your call on speakers so the people around you in a 20-30 ft radius can hear your call. Very unprofessional and kinda childish. Then the TL> will tell you some B.S. that doesnt' help you , They want people called tenure agents. what they don't understand is you have to mold and teach people to be tenure agents . you can't just expect to automatically learn 18 different systems and using them all simultaneously and multi task while being yelled at by the cusomter for someone elses mistake because they didn't know the system , rudely being side busted with TL trying to coach you while your on the call !!, and while they scream every time a agent makes a sale !!! its childish , unprofessional and honestly reminds me of boiler room the movie.

Its a cycle of Bad Inconsistent Management , and very poor hirring and selection of agents. It seems like they will hire anyone with 6 month customer service experience !! Run the other way , do not go through the rotating doors ! LOL Oh yea you will get sick about 10 times through the year if you make it that long. The entire call center shares headsets. we don't have individual headsets or designated seating , so its like a public restroom as a office or working area. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN before CONVERGYCS SUCKS THE SOUL OUT OF YOU !!!! – less
Seasonal Position
Virtual Agent (Former Employee), Medford, ORSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: it was a fun job
Cons: too short, it was over too soon.
Worked during the holidays for the Harry and David company helping customers order gift baskets for friends, family, or co-workers.
Very good people to work around with
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Management is good, always up to date with new technology, very fun people to work with, always taking calls back to back, other than that pretty good atmosphere
Tech Support (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYSeptember 5, 2014
Assist customers with technical issues, utilize other co workers with more knowledge to gain knowledge
no professionalism
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: they will give out treats like candy and coffee, juice
Cons: the hours you work
Not very happy with the company no professionalism. Work for different accounts business and consumer the expectation very high however not enough support to assist with the delivery of the message to the customer.,
Fun and Fast Paced, Challenging Job
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: lots of employee interaction, team effort, incenitives
Cons: i have no complaints
I Loved working here it was so fun everyone was so fun! we got our jobs done individually and as a team. Wow the team work and motivation there was over the top awesome! if it were not for a illness I occurred I would still be here. Love them.
Excellent advancement & learning opportunities
Supervisor/Trainer/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Convergys goes above and beyond to help each employee not only learn their current job, but offering advancement opportunities and training continuously.
Recruiting Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee, free food
Cons: poor management, schedules
Local management is unethical and treat agents horrible. I have had to watch countless agents be yelled at like they were 2 year olds. If they don't like you they will get you to quit before they fire you so they don't have to pay unemployment. They also rig the commission reports so people they like get their awesome commission but the ones that EARNED – more... it but they don't like can not get it. – less
Did not like upsetting customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Murray, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: decent pay, plenty of overtime, helpful managers
Cons: angry customers, the company will only allow you to do so much to help them
It was a phone job on the Directv project. Of course you will have upset customers, and that is fine, however when a customer calls in because their bill went up $50 dollars and they were promised it would not, it's hard to tell them that there's nothing you can do about it.

A typical day at work was, to login to the computer 5 minutes before shift – more... starts, and get your apps opened. If you are a couple minutes late to login to the computers, they hold it against you. Their computers are so slow sometimes that it takes a full 5 minutes for it to accept your username let alone get your apps open.

I learned how to manage my time better, because its a multi task job, and they don't give you a lot of time for breaks, which is fine. I also learned the importance of engaging with the customer, and showing them that they are not just a number or a paycheck.

Management was okay, although you have little to no interaction with them. They do pull you aside about once every two weeks to listen to your calls and help you improve on assisting the customers properly, which is awesome.

There was little to no interaction with co-workers, except maybe a couple minutes between calls, and on breaks. The good side about that, is there is less drama, but the bad side is it's hard to get to know who your co workers are and help each other out.

The hardest part of the job is lowering a customers bill when they don't want to change their package, and you cannot send them to the discounting department unless they specifically ask for it as soon as they get you on the phone. If the first thing they ask is "why is my bill so high" you explain their bill to them, and then you cannot send them to the discounting department. Another hard thing is telling customers that they missed a payment when they are SURE that they paid all their bills.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get those customers who will accept your help, and hearing the joy and excitement in their voice before they hang up – less

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more