Convergys
4,034 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

customer rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2015
I would answer the phone. answer customers questions. I would help customers troubleshoot. my co-workers were ok. the best part is that they would give the employees free food.
Wonderful Boss
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great Boss
Assistant to a senior vice president. Responsible for monitoring email, maintaining divisional calendar, planning executive meetings. Prepared spreadsheets and presentations.
Productivity
Commercial Sales (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Greeting and meeting new people everyday.
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at Convergys, I spend my day answering consumers' questions, resolving their complaints, taking their orders and signing them up for new services. I'm the public "face" of my company although, more often than not, interaction is via phone, email or live chat, rather than actually in person.
Average work place.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Two fifteen minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch
Cons: management sucks, most coworkers suck, the food there is like $6 for ONE hot pocket.
The job itself is wonderful for people who enjoy the line of work. However this branch was absoutely terrible.

A normal day is you come in, get on the phone and start taking calls. In both departments I did Transfer of billing responsibility and Customer Relations so I dealt with a lot of angry customers. At then end of the day I would have taken anywhere from 20-50 calls in the 8 hours.

I did learn a lot at Convergys, I learned how to work an office phone, how to use some computer applications that are not normal, I learned how ATT does their business and the inside scoop to a lot of things.

Management was terrible. The better you were at your job, the more hostile they became, most coworkers were the same. It wasn't the job itself that made me leave, it's the people who worked with me.

The Hardest part of the job was a tie between the people there, and not being able to help a customer.

The Most enjoyable part was knowing that I was helping people out.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMarch 25, 2015
This company is a great company that provides all benefits and compensations. This company could be a little bit more linient in their attendance policy.
horrible
customer service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
I would not recomend working at convergys/ stream. most of the employees are ghetto, unprofessional and unorganized. the security staff is pretty nice but upper management is horrible
I very much loved working here at convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the pay and the enviroment
Cons: new management and advancing
I very much enjoyed working here. they were very professional and it was very easy going there. the call floor was clean and the employees were very friendly. but then when we got new management a lot of people were let go including myself.
Productive and Professional
Carrier Operations (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great manager
Cons: Unorganized
I enjoy this position and would recommend to friends and colleagues. Great work environment, enjoy the people I work with and the work I do is interesting.
company was not up to par with what they explained
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMarch 24, 2015
angry customers all day, supervisors were not a big help they would always say that they were going to help but never did. it was a sink or swim kind of job
Pretty relaxed environment
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2015
When i was there they did try their best to help us understand our job better, i was only there through the training process but learned alot in my time spent.
Good place to learn new skills
cashier (Former Employee), Brown's town JamaicaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: being able to work with people
Cons: no benefits
The entire day at work was spent at the cash register, checking out groceries. At the end of each shift we had to balance the books. I learned how to use a cash register. Management was fair. Co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was really balancing the books at nights, but was not really any major challenge. It is always a pleasure to meet new people, as a result that was what I enjoyed the most about the job.
good work place Fun pool table
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORMarch 23, 2015
Great work enviroment answered phones and assisted customers with technical support on product great customers great co-workers
fun place
Convergys
Inbound\Outbound customer care agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2015
The Job Is Really Cool. The People at The Job Is Really Helpful and Friendly. The Job Is Really Easy If You Listen During Training Class.
Customer Services Representative
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Dominican RepublicMarch 23, 2015
I worked in this company for almost a year.
The mission is that all the customers needs were resolved
Bring to the customer the customers services experience.
It was a fun place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great call center
Cons: turnover rate was high.
I enjoyed my time at Convergys. Very professional office feel and the call center was huge. Always campaigns or incentives were offered to agents to make a bit more to their salary.
billing and retention (Former Employee), Clarksville TNMarch 23, 2015
Pros: can make good money, overtime
Cons: management needs work, coworkers are horrible towards one another
This company pays well and provide stability and great benefits, but high stressed. Management could be improved less micromanagement.
Coworkers are not taught to work as a team, they work against one another.
Much room for improvement
Customer Service
Web Migration Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2015
• Receive inbound calls
• Guide customers through newly updated website
• Unlock customers online accounts
• Receive feedback and put in input about new site
Very disordered and horrible management
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 22, 2015
Pros: decent pay you get 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks
Cons: management doesnt know what they are doing.
Convergys is a place where the training was limited and didnt give you real experience of what the job would really be like, the managers were all great people but to distracted and never really helpful when needed. The coworkers were great friendly and supportive that is the only way you learn anything in that place.
busy place very big place
Non contingency collector (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 22, 2015
a typical day of work could be good or bad the place is very busy and the parking was not convenient to the employees. management was not fair with open positions they picked employees who they had a relationship with rather than base the decision on the person qualities the hardest part of the job was working for such little pay and he company constantly adding more tasks but not more pay increases
Many a thing wrong. Many a thing not being done.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: none really. you get pto and uto and ample ot.
Cons: the place is horrible.
The client is Comcast. You're expected to make sales, which only fall under a certain category. Management is crooked. You will get yelled at ALL day. The most enjoyable part is any break. Co-workers are generally just that. Get used to not having team assistance aside from a few good gems. You'll have to deal with customers of a company that are rated second worst customer service in the world. So before you even finish training, you're already loathed by someone. Your advancement is based off of favoritism. It won't matter how good you are at your job, someone has to like you or you have to be cute. In short, this place sucks. It has a huge turn over rate and there is a good reason for that.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries