Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,636 reviews matching the search
Decent Entry Level to IT Industry
Level 2 IT Technician / Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2016
If you want to get into the IT field and having a hard time finding that first job, then Convergys is for you. What you learn in the training classroom they offer will be somewhat useful when you get to the floor and start taking phone calls and/or chats. That is if you can handle the volume and constant tool issues on a daily basis. Starting pay is OK, but don't expect a cost of living increases or pay raises during your employment with Convergys. What you start at is what will remain a constant, unless you decide to apply for a supervisor position, then pay goes up a little but with twice the work.
Overwelming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 3, 2016
I would not go back to this place of employment. The training class was fun but when you get on the floor the only thing the supervisors are worried about is there job security. Yes they had great bonus opportunities, but its like high school. You have the top dogs that run the catwalks and they were bullies. They didn't care about their employees well being and they didn't care if you had an emergency. The only benefit from this company is if you were a great sales person you got great bonuses. Other than that it was uncomfortable.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No job security, no relationship between supervisor or employee, no benifits
Productive and Fun environment
ISM Agent (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 29, 2016
This line of work is very goal oriented and we work with irate customers on a daily basis. Work mates and team leads are very helpful and we also assist our team mates on known issues as well. The hardest part of the job is working with customers who feel they've been misled by another agent and are requesting some type of compensation which I am not allowed to offer. The most enjoyable part of this job would be resolving all of the customers issues and finding resolution on their questions and concerns.
Pros
Monthly activities, rewards for reaching a specific goal
Cons
Short breaks, disrespectful customers, loud agents / team-leads on the floor while on a call
Good Co-workers; subpar employers.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here for 7 years and enjoy the people I work directly with/for. However the business as a whole seems to not particularly care about the employees them selves. With strict performance rules minimal advancement and less wage increases it's hard to justify staying at the company.
Pros
Decent benifits, Fun people.
Cons
bad compensation, strict policies.
Convergys
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 3, 2017
My experience at Convergys was bitter sweet. Although i did not enjoy this environment i would rather not speak badly about the company. I was terminated without reason on my day off. This was my first termination ever and I wish i would have known why so, i could improve what went wrong working here.
Pros
benefits, commision, hours
Cons
management, the help, miscommunication, false hope
Has become unproductive
Customer service and sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 2, 2016
Very stressful due to high call volume frustrated customers and very complicated and over detailed computer systems to operate which makes problem solving for customers long and unnecessary. It used to be a fun environment to work in when it was just DirecTV ,but since the AT&T merger the environment has become hard to be in that lot of agents are leaving for other jobs and un certain as far as job security. Many good people got fired that had been there for years, and the turnover rate has become very rapid. When it was just DirecTV it was a feeling of family and a caring environment but since the merger the mood is very reptilian and kind of cold
Pros
med benefits
Cons
hard to get bonuses and wadge increaeses
Excellent workplace
call representatives (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 22, 2016
The co workers and managers were amazing. The benefits were great and the pay rate was even greater. Good atmosphere and wonderful job. Very easy and simple tasks. Sadly i had to quit due to importantly circumstances but i will love to return and build a career from convergys.
Pros
Getting overtime
Cons
Not being able to sign up for overtime
Entry Level Position
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYDecember 1, 2016
good benefits and career growth. somewhat positive coaching and minimal job coaching given. Location was not the best and commuting was difficult when it came to winter weather and not being able to remote in from home.
Pros
benefits, some career growth opportunities
Cons
Comute, hours, career coaching
Productive work environment.
Apple Technical Support Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Convergys is just the beginning phase to the cooperate work life. It's more of a college environment, meaning lots of micro managing because of the younger crowd. The benefits were fine. The job definitely has its pro's and cons.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Schedule bidding
Rewarding environment to work in.
Welcome Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day with Convergys would be coming in signing into three different systems. Review any new incomplete accounts, resolve them, and prepare for inbound new account calls. Verify all demographic information list upon receipt of the call; update, input data. Navigate the new members through a verbal demonstration of features and benefits of the device. Sale mobile phone minutes to new account holders and post electronic payments for mobile phone minutes, send GPS coordination to members vehicle in a timely manner.
Pros
Incentive based productvity
Cons
No room for growth
Good Company
Customer/Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 25, 2016
It is a good company to work for; however, the compensation is not that good and for a permanent company your job is contingent on them to keep a contract. The company also does not offer competitive insurance, nor do they off reviews and pay raises.
Pros
nice people
Cons
long hours, no raises, no advancement
Don't stay too longer than you need to be
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hazlewood, MissouriJuly 4, 2016
Typically, we come into work and generally self-regulate ourselves with the shift. Sometimes when the team lead is available they will inform us of the going on with the work culture.

Management is not exactly there, absent for the most part unless needed and when needed its even a one-off if you even need help.

my co-workers are probably the worst part, just because the turnover rate and the nature of the business. mostly young people, that I either tolerate or ignore.

the hardest part of the job is if when I actually need higher support, because of how things are managed you may get help immediately or you may not get help at all.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working on my own,

I learned that this is a job not for good people, you don't need to stay here any longer than you need t be.
Pros
two breaks and a lunch
Cons
everything else, no normal raise process, scheduling is off-site, ot enough upper management to floor agents
Good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 19, 2017
I was a Customer Service Rep for Directv. It was my first job as a Customer Service Rep. It had its ups and downs as all companies do. They tried to make it fun for you to do well by having competitions each week. That was a lot of fun. If you like to do this type of customer service, you would like it. The pay wasn't the greatest, but they may have improved that since I worked there.
Benefits
Cons
Pay wasn't the greatest
Comoany is filled with racist and discriminate against the disabled
Intune SCCM Admin (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJanuary 26, 2017
This company discriminates against based on race and disability status. The company does not go through their own darn employee handbook before firing you.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits
Cons
Bad upper management, racism, disability discrimination
Call Center, might be more your thing than mine.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 21, 2016
The company isn't a bad company, but there was a lot about the job that makes what they offer you not worth it. Lots of benefits, nice coworkers, immediate supervisors were usually good, but the overall management had a bit of a detachment issue from how bad the job could actually be. Getting blamed for the customers' problems and being expected to just take the responsibility for it is unreasonable considering you often don't work for the company you're doing service for anyway.
Pros
Okay pay, advancement, benefits, easy full time.
Cons
Just a terrible job, outweighs the pros for me.
Productive place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXNovember 10, 2016
Good pay and benefits but with all the back to back calls & rude providers/members we have to deal with on a daily basis it's hard on your mental health. Would love to stay but do not like being told one thing and then management doing another.
Pros
Good benefits and salaries
Cons
Having to deal with rude providers/members, management not that dedicated
Third Party Vendor
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2016
Since this company does other companies work, your pay will be a lot lower than if you worked for the company that they represent. Management is good but some people in that position have a questionable character.
Pros
They try to make it an enjoyable place to work
Cons
Pay is so low that you probably won't enroll for their benefits.
Work at Home Representative job
Comcast NE Video Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Work from home positions earn less money but are a viable option when commuting is an issue. Pay is decent, but as an essential third party vendor you are better getting hired directly from the company you will be affiliated with for customer support. Benefits packages and health insurance are high and offer little coverage
Periodic breaks with ping pong table
Apple Technical Adviser & sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 20, 2016
Customer Service Representative (CSRs) Phone contact with customers for technical support of iOS and MacOS devices and taking phone sales orders for said products.

No compensation for sales commissions earned for company is why resigned from term of employment.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Pay
Awesome place to work, very laid back.
Customer Care Professional - American Express ChAT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2016
My experience at Convergys has been awesome. My supervisor has always worked with me whenever something has come up, and I have been given a lot of opportunities here! Fun people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall comfort of being at work.
Pros
On site "convenience store" in breakroom, benefits, overtime, commission
Cons
Insurance benefits, pay advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval