Convergys

Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 4,455 reviews matching the search
Possitives
Coustomer Service Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 22, 2016
I would say overall , I loved my job love being around others with positive attitudes. Enjoyed speaking with the person on the other end of the line...they would make my day very caring on any given day.
Pros
Opportunity to exceed.
Cons
Lunches were too short half hour.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Great place to work. Fun people. Everyone is so positive and energetic. Meet many new people and very helpful people. Everyone was so helpful when it came to having issues on the job.
I didn't appreciate the products they were selling...
Business Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 21, 2016
Takes advantage of their employee's and asks them to stretch their morals to sell erotic television to people. It was really troubling to me.
Its ok
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 21, 2016
Its a good company overall, the benefits aren't all that great but the work hours are consistent. The people who work there are also all very nice and they make the environment a comfortable one.
Pros
Solid 40 hour work week
Cons
Benefits suck
I enjoyed working for Convergys
Customer support/sales (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Learned how to provide excellent customer service, and support. The people that I worked with were very nice and easy to get along with.
Quality Control Rep - Tammy Warmouth (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Job was very productive had a great experience with this company.
Receiving calls from all over the world for fruit gift baskets, I really enjoyed talking to different people.
Pros
Holiday incentives
Cons
All team leaders office in the call center wasn't private offices
fun fast paced great money
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2016
I had fun at my job. It didn't feel like a job to me at all. I loved going to work every day I was there.

Sales, problem solving, promotions, etc......
Pros
great people, management was great and good money
N/a
Supervisor- Rashaun (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
It was the best work place ever. The staff are so friendly and there was not drama whatsoever! The enviornemt was just amazing!
great job
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 20, 2016
very understandable, friendly, i loved working there. the staff is great, peaceful job. i would love to work there again
okay place to work
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2016
I worked for this company while pregnant with my child, this is a okay company to work for but I left after giving birth, they are not good about rehires because I've tried to go back.

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Fun place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 19, 2016
fun place but not stable enough they cut your hours out of the no where then lay you off, other then that the job is fun and easy and its great that they are not a scripted company
good company to work for
cancel and retention (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2016
The staff there is very professional its a good company to work for . some of the pros are the rate of pay and bonuses available.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
very strict procedures to follow exactly
Not Worth It
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 18, 2016
Convergys is interested in one thing... sales... Do they tell you at the beginning that it is a sales job? Nope. They tell you it's customer service, yet they don't care about taking care of the customer, they just want the customer's money.
Terrible Company
Dell ProSupport Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2016
So after working for this company for a year I can say that the environment and the way they run the business does absolutely nothing for the employees. I worked for the Dell Prosupport department when I used to be employed there. There was constant issues when it came to just doing your job. Example the tools being down to log calls sometimes for hours on end. Do they care no take more calls. There was no room to grow you get one pay raise and then you're stuck there are no promotions no more pay raises no bonuses nothing. They did nothing to keep the staff at the location I saw people left and right walking out because they couldn't deal with this company anymore. I eventually walked out as well due to overwhelming amount of stress and upper management only caring for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Dead end after first pay raise, Short breaks, Tool issues, everything above.
Starting a new year with a new life.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I enjoy going to work everyday & being around people. Whether, it is with co-workers or serving customers, it's my pleasure to serve.
I have spent 24 years in nursing and a few years ago, retired my nursing license in order to care for my elderly parents 24/7.

I am 47 years of age, with 4 beautiful daughters, I have been divorced for 2 years and currently excited to begin a new phase of my life.

Not only in my personal life but in my professional life, as well.

I love to conquer new challenges and in my opinion, learning is an ongoing process.

Working at Convergys was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience. The staff are amazing people with hearts of gold and willing to take the time needed to teach and train in every aspect necessary, for the employees to be successful.
Pros
great pay with benefits
Cons
short lunch time, must eat on site
Mandatory OT, lowest wage they can get away with, counterproductive attendance policy.
Undefined (Current Employee) –  OregonJanuary 15, 2016
The company offers no opportunities for advancement. T1 agents in training make the same ammount as T2, Triage, Office of the President, and floor resources. SME's only make 25 cents an hour more. And the salaried team managers, when you consider how many hours they have to work, end up making less than t1 agents hourly week after week.

But since the sme and team lead positions are the ONLY opportunity for advancement, you get all kinds of ridiculous office politics and cut throat behaviors. No wonder the turnover rate is over 100% annually.
Pros
They treat you like entry level, always looking for a warm body to fill seats
Cons
Everything else.
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 15, 2016
Convergys is a quick paced work environment with new learning experiences each day with different customers calling concerned about their issues. If there is a problem that cannot be solved alone there are peers who are happy to assist through Smart Chat. One difficulty with this job is not being able to make major billing changes, such as credits when the customer is clearly in the right to obtain one. It is understandable though since there may be a few who would abuse the privilege to do so. An enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by a great support system, whether it was through a Team Leader or coworkers, having this support would make things a lot easier when calls would be back to back.
Pros
Discounts on Directv
Cons
Short breaks
i hated it!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 15, 2016
I hated having to be on the phone all day. I wouldn't recommend this job if you are not a people person. They are very strict and messy.. it was so much shenanigans going on there.. glad I not there anymore
Worst Experience Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 15, 2016
Simply the most evil place I have ever worked... Paychecks were never right, they never fixed them, bonuses were lies, They promise you paid time off and never let you take it and then disallowed all hours accumulated since they terminate 98% of their employees within 6 monthes of hiring. The place is a hiring factory and there is no help from above.. I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life.. Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy... Run if they try to hire you.....They should be indicted for unfair slave practice!
Pros
Nothing to brag about period
Cons
The place is all a con
Horrible Experience
Critical Situation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Even if you're qualified, you will only move up in the company if you are a complete suck up. Favoritism is major part of Convergys culture. No one, even upper management, seems to have a clue or be qualified for the positions they are put in.