Convergys
3,724 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

very fun and honest work place
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 13, 2015
i loved working at convergys, everyone was so nice and willing to help. There is so much room for advancement.
Convergys Bad
AT&T U-verse - Help Desk (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Convergys is the worst place that I have ever worked, leadership was terrible, benefits were way to expensive, pay was extremely low
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Served as a Customer Service agent and answered incoming calls from customers with questions regarding their insurance benefits. Contacted providers daily to check on status of eligibility and worked closely with claims and other specialty departments.
Internet Cafe, good insurance
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: solving problems for customers all over the united states and puerto rico
Cons: high turnover, company did not care about getting all calls resolved
They changed work shifts at least 4 times a year which made it difficult to develop a lasting home life routine.

Very good insurance

I learned how to answer calls , document what the call was about, and solve their problems. Very high turnover and very hard to develop lasting work friendships. I really liked my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was to ever get a bonus because
I cared more about the customer than the bonus...
I could go above and beyond the expectations of the company but could not get their problems solved in the short time given
Systems are Frustrating
C.S.R. II/Back Office Agent (Current Employee), Moore, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, set schedule
Cons: unreliable systems
A typical day at work is a mix of stress and relaxing. There are very strict time allotments for each task which is not always obtainable due to systems that are problematic and make it very difficult to even move the mouse!

I learned how to do much with telecommunication systems as well as the history of telecommunications and how they have impacted our country, citizens, and even laws.

The work itself is enjoyable. I like being able to help people and make corrections to accounts. There are many times that I am able to access someone's account correct issues in coding and billing before the customer's service or billing is even negatively effected- that is really cool to me. I enjoy this part of my job very much.

My coworkers are amazing. They have worked for the company in different areas and if you have a question about a task someone almost always has a way to help! They are a very supportive group of people.

The hardest part of the day is trying to coerce the systems to work. It is difficult to complete a task in a timely manor or the allotted time when computer systems are not reliable and are prone to freezing and crashing daily.
Good Starter Job
SR. OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Arnold, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Convergys is a good place to find a position with options to learn about the business world
Positive
Trainer/Technical Support (Former Employee), Orem, UTJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: cash incentives
I loved working at Convergys, we had such a fun and positive work environment. Our management was always there to help us and teach us better ways to do our job. I really enjoyed our management and my co workers. When we had a lot of clients on hold I'd push myself harder to resolve the calls faster.
The managers seem to be interested in their employees lives.
Call Center Employee (Former Employee), Taylorville UTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good health care coverage.
Cons: hr is difficult to contact and they sometimes make mistakes with pay checks.
This is a call center environment. The trainer I had was awesome he was very knowledgeable they make sure to adequately train their staff. I learned about how a call center works, something I had never considered before. My coworkers were a lot of fun to be around and usually available to answer any questions that you might have. The hardest part of the job was making the outbound calls and getting cooperation from the person at the other end of the line. I liked that they made sure all employees took their scheduled breaks.
Productive, fast paced, excellent advancement
EBG Agent (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great pay, flexible hours, benefits
Cons: sitting down long hours
Working for Convergys was a great experience. I learned how to interact with customers, learned excellent customer service skills. Management was the best I had ever had. Hardest part of the job was sitting down for long hours. A typical day consisted of answering phone calls.
Job was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Call center job. Pretty good pay. Management was horrible. She hardly came to work. Pretty easy, laid back setting. Great incentive to help reach goals. Totally worth the extra work. Great ways to move up in the business.
Fun workplace
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no flexibility
You come into work and immediately get on the phone with complaining customers. Some of the managers are amazing and some have it out for you. the co-workers are amazing and that's about it.
Very Bad Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 8, 2015
They never pay you what they owe you. Depending on which management you get most of them if they don't like you or you are not a top seller they will get rid of you
Work Experince
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed this job deeply it revolved around customer based quality and any company with this as there main focus will continue to succeed
Customers first
Customer Service (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2015
Customer Service Skills/Managerial Skills:

• Resolved customers' service and billing complaints by adjusting credits, exchanging merchandise and refunding money.
• Provided excellent over the phone and in person customer service skills promoting happy clients
• Performed accounting techniques with record keeping, filing and verifying set amount of money within the organization.
• Directed, trained and oversaw a staff of 10 on policies and procedures.
• Managed staff in preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
• Plan and implemented goals for the daily schedule workload.
• Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, and Power point knowledgeable.
Can be rewarding
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good pay and possibility for promotion
Cons: drama
Like most call centers. This place is a hot bed for drama on and off the phone. On one end your constantly getting cursed out by angry customers and then by some co-workers on the other end.
n/a
technical support agent (Former Employee), st.louis moJanuary 8, 2015
n/a, dis organized , wouldnt go back, need better managmement
It was an okay starter job
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), JacksonvilleJanuary 8, 2015
Come in and solve issues with redbox customers for eight hours.
Customer service skills were greatly gained at this job.
Receivables management/Collections (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: offered great incentives and options to move up in the company
Cons: company decided to outsource to the philippines and laid off over 300+ employees.
I worked in the billing/collections department. Assisted with payment arrangements, billing questions, usage overages, any additional questions or concerns.
Revolving Door
Rx Education Outbound Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
The worst place ever. It is a great place to get Call
Center experience under your belt, as far as an actual future with the company, that would be a definite no.
tv's in the lunch room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2015
convergys was a nice place to work I enjoyed talking to the customers on the phone

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more