Convergys

4.8K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Depends on your work band<<
crg (Former Employee), chattanoogaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: sched trade board
Cons: mandatory extra hours- free satellite tv
Convergys has different clients at different location. the DTV project was angry customers most of the time. A full time work sched almost always had you working 40 + hours because of mandatory extra hours – more... - fine for some one with no family obligations. Promotions are half earned half just who ever wants it and were some times given to undeserving people - i.e people who should have never made to the production floor are suddenly in management positions.Some great management some terrible. The work is repetitive- no room for creativity- this job takes no skill to do. any one can do it. – less
Good place to work good benefits
Benefit Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, good training programs
Cons: clients not understanding when things are not always coverd by the insurance company
Enjoyed working with clients on the phone. I learned to make sure clients understood what there benefits are. The hardest part of the job was when clients don't understand benefits or if the plan doesn't not cover some things. co workers are good at working as a team to make sure you understand if there is a problem.
N/A
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 19, 2015
It isn't the worst place to work in the world, but it is very unorganized and the management staff is not always the friendliest or the most willing to help when you need.
Fun place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), sandy, utahAugust 18, 2015
Wonderful people, great place to work. Loved working with all the people I met. Liked the environment and the Management.
Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Game activities
Cons: Management, hours and some trainers
A typical day at Convergys was filled with phone calls helping customers lower their Direct TV bill. I did help customers by helping them understand their bill and taking payments over the phone. The hardest part was dealing with the difficult customers and also managers hovering around making sure that you don't say the wrong thing or they wait until the coach you about what you need to work on.
Terrible place to work
customer service sales associate (Former Employee), Lubbock TexasAugust 18, 2015
This job is awful in that the company cares more about sales and profits than the overall satisfaction of its employees. Management cares more about meeting statistics than overall satisfaction of its – more... customers. It does not matter how statistics are met as long as they are your shortcomings go unnoticed. This company also does not support advancement as they will demote you without warning because the only thing that matters are the needs of the business as the overall mantra said by management states – less
FUN AND PRODUCTIVE-GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Facilities Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, PRAugust 18, 2015
Pros: SUBSIDIZE LUNCHES
Cons: NON
MULTI TASKING AND RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL EMERGENCY SERVICES. CARING FOR EMPLOYEES AND PERSONNEL.

WORKING WITH CO-WORKERS WAS THE GREASTEST!

HARDEST PART WAS RESPONDING TO TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENTS DURING NIGHT COMMUTES AND SEEING INJURED EMPLOYEES.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS WORKING WITH STAFF.
This job was perfect
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 18, 2015
Wish I never left it. I had to move out of town and could no longer stay with this employer. It works good for some and not for certain people.
Terrible Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKAugust 18, 2015
Hard to work there. Not because of the customers but the people you work with.
Would never work for the company ever again.
Company very open to all people
Customer service rep (Current Employee), TampaAugust 17, 2015
Very unprofessional
Doesn't really care about time off request.
Point system is horrible.
Revolving door.
Doesn't really care too much about reps, care more about managers.
Fun work environment but lack luster upper management!
Pharmacy Help Desk Rep (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: No real dress code.
Cons: Upper management seem to not have a concern about the stuggles of the people they supervised.
A typical day at work was really simple and easy as far as performing my job was concerned. Co-workers were wonderful and I got along with every one of them. Upper management wasn't interested in the – more... needs of the people they supervised.
The hardest part of my job was getting a straight answer from upper management in a timely fashion or if at all. It seems they never had a answer to questions such as pay raises and bonuses that were earned but not paid out.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to new people on the phone and having them get excited when I could help them. – less
Productive place to work
Customer Service Associate - Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Moore, OKAugust 17, 2015
I learned how to complete my daily tasks in a timely manner. I learned to take ownership of my work and tasks. I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Working from home
Customer Service (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: working from home, reducing expences
Cons: required specific internet connections sometime not available
I found that working from home was great, it allowed time during breaks to do little things, I never had to worry about forgetting my lunch, how much gas was in my car, or where I was going to park once – more... I got to work. A lot of people talk about working in there PJs however I didn't feel comfortable with that. I felt that being dressed to work gave a feel of being at work and helped to maintain that professionalism.
The company as a whole is a great company to work for. They put a lot of effort into ensuring you had the latest information to assist with your job, the managers were always available to answer question, either in a chat room or over the phone. I enjoyed working there. – less
poor company for a future
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: lacked proper training
not enough training, to rushed more time spent on role play than learning the operating systems no support system, to scattered ,no organization, sell products and up grades, end of your shift
Disability Discrimination
Program Ready Trainer (Current Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Healthcare options.
Cons: Payroll errors, not getting paid for hours worked.
If you are have a condition or disability where you can't climb stairs, this is not the place for you (Odgen, Ut site)The building is a multi floor building without elevator access. Meetings are held upstairs and if you can not climb stairs, you can not attend and they are not other meetings held on the lower level for those who can't access the second or third floor.
Wouldn't Recommend
Inbound Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Access to unlimited overtime
Cons: Everything
I know reviews are done mostly of spite but i wouldn't recommend working at Convergys because they don't work with you on schedule they throw mandatory overtime in everyone's schedule forcing your shift to be anywhere from 10-12 hours long with only a 30 minute lunch and they don't work with you if you have transportation issues such as bus riders etc.
Very good benefits and friendly work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Great incentive and pay. not very flexible with shifts. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Training is always informative.
Productive and secure workplace
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Incentives
Cons: Shorts break
A typical day at work will be answering consumers questions and concerns about their experience with the products. I have expanded my knowledge about hair care products and view things in a different way – more... verse my professional experience as a stylist. My co workers are very friendly and willing to help when ever needed. The hardest part about my job is because I am a cosmetologist I can not see the problem with the hair and want to help physically to solve the issue. I enjoy being able to use my knowledge and my education is not going to waste. – less
Team Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2015
Still in training do not know much about the company as of yet. Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer as a company.
Something to get you going
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GeorgiaAugust 13, 2015
Convergys was a call center for Direct TV. You were basically on the phone all day with, no interaction with customers. The sales quota was impossible to meet, and the sales goals were unrealistic.
Industry