Convergys

4.6K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

A lot of the change
Call Agent (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: The co-workers
Cons: Training, Benefits, and HR
When I first started at Convergy's it was my first telecommunication job. I had a great trainer and team leader and I really enjoyed working for the company and on the project. That all change my second year with convergys. The benefits changed and they were worth nothing and would provide any real coverage. When we changed to a new project and we were promised that we wouldn't be sent home. The training lasted two weeks and we didn't have access to the systems until the end of the second week. The hard part of my job was trying to work with HR which is off site and contracted through another company. The requirement to keep your job were very complicated and training was never provide to help us improve.
great place to work
Bilingual Tech Support (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: enough breaks, team leaders are very flexible work schedules
Cons: none
everybody is friendly, nobody is rude, and very helpful, great training, good benefits. i really enjoy my peers and my work place..
Very fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Laid off
A typical day at Convergys included:
Interacting with customers by phone, Answering questions, suggesting solutions to problems, providing information and giving instructions. Management was very knowledgable and hands on. My co-workers and I were more like friends.
Fun Work Place
Tier Tech II (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 21, 2015
Cons: Point system.
Call Center environment a lot of the manage are caring about their employees had a good experience while working with company.
Okay Workplace
Transfer of Billing Resp. Customer Relations (Former Employee), Clarksville, TnJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Decent Breaks, Benefits, Decent Smoking Area
Cons: Management, Outdated Software
I loved working at Convergys for the job itself, however the coworkers and the management was bad.
Typical Day: Taking Calls, Account Management
What I learned: How much self control I had not to slap my supervisor
Management: NOT GOOD
Co-Workers: Some were okay.
Hardest Part: Dealing with Management trying to make me lie to customers
Enjoyable Part: Helping Others
Active work place
Customer Service and Sales Agent-Humana Project (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Lunch room
Cons: Fights on the floor and unorganized
The job was easy, it was the lack of respect for the management and rules by others that made this job impossible to work. I was there for a short time but three fights broke out on the call center floor, arguments you name it. Its hard to stay focus and engaged with your customers when you have foolishness going around on a daily. My manager was new to the company and she was on the same level as we were. It wasn't the best experience.
Bad Company
Phone Operator (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: A lot of hours
Cons: Very corupted place
They dont keep there word in what they promice you, and they will push you to sell even though the cust. does not want anything.
Fast Paced Learning Enviroment
Technical Support, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: lots of software problems
While employed at Convergys (formerly known as stream) My job was to assist my customer in any way possible to deliver the best customer service experience they've ever had . In doing this I performed multiple tedious tasks daily including technical support, customer service, retention, trouble shooting and i was also there to answer any other software or device issues they may have encountered. Lastly my ultimate goal was to first fix the customer and then focus on fixing the problem
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: I was able to travel and help other sites with recruiting.
Cons: Cost of benefits was high.
Convergys gave me the tools to advance within the company. I worked with many great people. I enjoyed meeting new people with my job and learning about them. The hardest part was meeting requisitions of 20 people a week but I was able to complete the training classes.
VERY QUEIT AND RELAXED JOB
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Valdosta,GAJuly 20, 2015
WORKING AT THIS JOB HAD ITS PROS AND CONS. I DID ENJOY AND LEARNED ALOT FROM WORKING AT THE CALL CENTER. IF YOUR ABLE TO WORK AROUND LOTS OF PEOPLE AND ABLE TO DEAL WITH SOME NICE AND VERY ANGRY CUSTOMERS I DO AGREE THAT THIS WILL BE A GOOD JOB FOR YOU
Not a great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Trainwer was great for the time and material given to her
Cons: extrememely stressful position
I was part of the work from home contract taking calls for a wireless cellular service. Was a very stressful job with little training and was difficult to obtain support with the work from home experience. Callers were difficult and always angry.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2015
I enjoyed my stay at Convergys! It was a learning experience that I have used in my other work positions. I had a great relationship with my co-workers and boss. We had fun after work and maintain a friendly relationship with the rest of the teams on our floor.
Work at home experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Work at home, day shift, pay was great, plus health benefits.
Cons: Training was rushed, not dealt with properly.
This job was work from home which was a wonderful experience, until the first contract ended and I was transferred to a new contract which had never had any experience in training employees virtually. Also, the information that was given about being worked with if the requirements of the training were not met such as if you did not meet the handle time requirement you would be worked with until you met that requirement. As an overall experience it was great until the last few months when I was going thru training when I was promised help in learning the new material and never received it and was told I would not lose my job if the requirements were not met but instead I would be worked with more closely.
Awesome Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTJuly 19, 2015
Amazing workplace. I was paid great, management was great. I loved working here and I wish it wasn't able to stay here. It was survey conducted every 8 years.
great at first then will do anything to screw you over.
Customer service/retention. (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: free DirecTV.
Cons: managment, short breaks, pretty much everything.
It's great for about 4 months than you have to start watching your checks, they will get smaller and smaller. I worked over 20 hours of overtime to earn attendance points back and my check was smaller than 400$. That's not even possible with a 10.50$ an hour job, then they didn't even give me back my points. I didn't receive a final check and I called them and they said I didn't work that month when I was terminated at the end of the months for points and I had a bonus of 30$ bucks but no check. How did I have a bonus that month if I didn't work?
Okay place to work if you don't have an outside life.
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2015
I worked there for awhile it is an okay place to work, but you never have time for your family. They are very strict and the managers are sometimey. There is no room for advancement.
fun and easy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 17, 2015
Nice people. everybody will help you and feel safe always have extra hours to work and be able to submit vgh to go home early
Easy going
Customer service associate (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 17, 2015
They're very easy going. Not to strict. Very hard on attendance policy. Don't care about personal problems. Have a cafeteria. The trainers are very nice. training is 5 weeks. Attendance is required. Need a lot of patience dealing with calling customers.
call center
CRG/Customer Service/Retention (Former Employee), valdosta, gaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: pay was goods
Cons: short breaks, management let there friendships interfer with the job
inbound calls and out bound calls, disconnect service, saved service, troubleshoot equipment,. the managers let their personal relationship interfere with their job.that has alot to do with the big turn over they have. i love worker with my co workers ...the hardest job about the job was and attending to the customer but not knowing if you will have a job the next day.
You can't trust them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Layton, UTJuly 16, 2015
Pros: decent insurance
Cons: horrible management. thoughtless they lie to you
They start out OK. But they change your schedule, they will reduce your incentive pay. I worked for them for five years.there were no perks for staying with the company. Upper management will lie to you and break promises. My last year I was earning less than I did my first year. I met all my sales goals and performance goals. And I still earned less. If you are making any kind of incentive pay they will make changes so that you earn less. They do not care about you at all. You are just a number to them.
Industry