Convergys
3,519 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Listening skills come in handy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: paid time off and early release
Mentally bracing yourself to here people or sometimes children lag on about the service or quality of the a phone that they have. At times the callers can cause a lot of stress.
Good Work environment
AT&T Yellow Pages Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLNovember 7, 2014
Friendly co-workers. Typical call center environment. Fast paced, customer service oriented. Management on certain accounts not visible to answer questions.
it was a fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chattanooga TnNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free dtv
Cons: lunch is not long enough
did not want to pay for bonuses so they changed the way you get bonuses and if they don't like you they will rather pay you unemployment then keep you as an employee.
A fun place to work with lots of encouragement and prizes for power hours
Customer Rep11 (WAH) Work at Home Agent (Former Employee), Ogden UtahNovember 6, 2014
Pros: fun prizes
Cons: not any to mention
Lots of calls and lots of fun. Co-workers and Staff were helpful and supportive.
Call center with fun people to work with and have fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2014
I would take calls for health insurance. Most of the callers where friendly and understanding. The management were good I liked my manager. We would always have fun together no problems.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hickory, NCNovember 6, 2014
The job was good but the pressure was a lot for a call center. The training staff that I had was good but the turnover rate is a lot as well.
Overall Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pharr, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short lunch breaks 30 min out of a 8 hour shift.
• Handled billing and feature plan changes for wireless customers
• Offered technical support and strived for one call resolution
• Met and exceeded sales quotas for wireless and U-verse on a quarterly basis
• Served as a procedural specialist, floor support, for new agents
• Used dual-screen, multi-window system simultaneously to assist customers.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Murray, UTNovember 5, 2014
Very busy all the time. The work was very detailed. It was an ok company to work for.
Perfectionist
Customer Service Representative/Sprint PCS (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 5, 2014
I know this is nearly impossible, however I strive to for perfection.
Assist customers on a daily basis with there mobile devices
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tamarac FLNovember 5, 2014
I assist customers on a daily basis with troubleshooting,activating and helping customers set up new lines of services for AT&T
Worst Place Ever!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2014
Pros: you have a job!
Cons: you name it......they full of them.
This had many other names and continues to be bought over and over. Ex: Stream Global, Etelecare, Phase 1. You are nothing more than a dollar sign. You health, life, family, kids, etc not important to this company. Anyone who advances get fired or demoted. Managers all ways in meetings or in their manager office doing nothing. Bonus structures always – more... changing to prevent you from getting one. Pay never changes 11.00 a hour FOREVER. Shifts never the same to benefit a life outside of work. Managers don't know nothing. There is no real advancement opportunities. Most people catch on before their first year and leave. – less
Expect a high call volume.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: short breaks
Easy transition from training to the main floor. Expect a high call volume daily. Co-workers are very friendly and willing to assist new employees when they can.
We had pizza party's and had sale contests
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Orem, UTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: pizza parties
Cons: dealing with angry customes.
Atypical day was talking to people from all over the country. I learned to handle angry customers better. My co-workers were very friendly and fun o work with. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, The most enjoyable part of the job was the partys.
A Very intense place to work, Also very Fast Paced work
Consumer Services Representative (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORNovember 4, 2014
Pack Out Attendant
• Supervised pack out process
• Supervised inventory management
• Ensured quality compliance
• Operated heavy duty machinery
Creating relationships and building connections between our leading clients and their customers.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 4, 2014
Prepared complete and accurate work and update customer files.
Participated in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
Solved problems that are sometimes unstructured.
Team and comradory in the workplace.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: happy enviroment
Cons: not enough bathroom breaks
Working on the phone with customers helped me to have a better attitude with when talking with someone with the same job. My co-workers in the beginning were more like a family we stuck together and helped each other out from day one of training until we split up into other groups when we reached the main floor. We still kept in touch even today and – more... each of us got to meet more helpful co-workers when we had to change teams. – less
An experience you wont want to miss
Personal Care Advocate (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: full time work and overtime opportunities
Cons: management, almost impossible to use the time off you accumulate
A typical day in the life of a Convergys employee is pretty standard of any factory worker. You clock in when you're supposed to and you get your standard breaks. The catch is that you never know what kind of day you're going to have with those you assist over the phone. You could have nice and pleasant callers for most of your shift and then the last – more... hour you get all the miserable, tired, stressed customers who are just looking for a scapegoat... and guess what, your it! It's your job to let them have it out with you over the phone and still assist them like it never even happened. Fortunately, since it's not a face to face transaction, it's surprisingly easy to stay calm and not take it personally. The only downside, and it is a downside to working at Convergys is that your every move is monitored and clocked, you should not expect much understanding if you need to deviate from the schedule they set for you. – less
Productive place to work, fun days all the time with prizes
Customer Service (Former Employee), East Ridge, TNNovember 3, 2014
A typical day would include getting there, finding a seat, getting prepared for the work day, answer the telephone and assist customers. I learned many new things every day. The management was alright, needed to be a little more organized on how they placed the team leaders so there would always be enough help on the floor. The co-workers were just – more... fine, very nice. The hardest part would be dealing with the angry customers and if needing help sometimes it was hard to find. – less
Good Place to work
Customer Service Advisor II (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
Good place to work via other Call Centers in the area. They do alot of things within to year to motivate the staff, ex; contests for attendance, quality scores.
pretty good jo
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AT&T (Former Employee), georgiANovember 2, 2014
cant really complain it was your typical customer service position. this company actually works with many different companies

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more