Convergys
3,892 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Loved the Training
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 12, 2015
The typical day at Convergys was fairly routine. You showed up for work and started taking calls. The best part about the job was feeling like you had actually helped someone with a problem they were having. The training truly prepared you for your actual work and was more than sufficient.
Work from home with hourly pay
Cust Serv & Problem Res Rep II (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: micromanaged to the minute, pay could be better
This position dealt with the New England customer base providing technical support for internet and phone lines of business to residential customers. Management was helpful and involved in focusing on strengthening areas needing improvement. Always accessible our staff were very personable and approachable. Job was in customer service for clients who are upset that their service is not working. Sometimes easy , sometimes hard our goal is/was to resolve the issue and restore faith in our companies' ability to provide stable service. I enjoyed solving issues for customers from the comfort of my own home because I am a technical person and like to know how things work or how to fix them resulting in a happy customer who appreciates what I do and they know we appreciate them for their business as well. A reciprocal relationship like that makes what we do worthwhile.
It was a great place to work and gave me the abilty to work with great people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (AT&T) (Former Employee), Arnold, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: working from home, as much overtime as you wanted
Cons: surverys
I very much enjoyed working for convergys, I was let go because of monthly quatoes concerning surveys from customers about at&t, not what i did for them but the company its self. I enjoyed working from home and excellent customer service and attendance.
Productive Job
Noncontingency Collector (Current Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work includes inbound and outbound calls for 7 out of 8 hours. This is a account receivable position which does teach us about the product which we are collecting on. The management is unorganized as of now do to management leaving but it was not always this way. I enjoy my co workers and get along with everyone. The hardest part of my job is the changes that are made in the company usually not small changes. The most enjoyable part about my job is assisting the customers with their inquiries and making sure that my job is done correctly.
convergys
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDFebruary 10, 2015
sit at a desk/computer take inbound calls from dtv customers and do technical troubleshooting. the hardest park was working with customers who had no knowledge of the equipment and trying to get the to troubleshoot.
Scheduling conflict
Customer Service Problem Resolution Representative (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTFebruary 10, 2015
Tech to chat for AT&T cell phone service, worked on a 445pm-115am shift that was impossible to move off of, they often had system down time.
great place to work if you can handle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTFebruary 10, 2015
Convergys was a great experience it taught me that call centers aren't for me. But the work and pay is good. Good Management.
Enjoyable and exciting work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free tv
Cons: physical barrier
Inbound phone calls for internet and phone support. My co workers and team lead were amazing people to work at and I believed that i was very good at my job. The hardest part was having to deal with physical technical support over the phone
Convergys work place
AT&T customer service (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: short lunches
Convergys is a nice work place you find those there who are willing to help you achieve. I worked for ATT and there you will always be learning something new because the business does change often. Talk with your team and TL, those interactions will be the best after long calls , you can always find ways to improve yourself.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Decent place to work. Just decent. But I would not recommend anyone to work there. Management is not good. The "rules" are changed in the middle of the ball game. Schedule changes all the time. No Work/Life Balance at all.
This was a great place to work
FedEx Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work at Convergy's, you didn't really know what to expect. I was a FedEx customer service rep and the calls were unpredictable daily. The hardest part of the job was when you would receive calls that you did all you could for that customer but they still were not happy that you had to send them to a supervisor. But the most enjoyable part is when you go above and beyond for your customer and they are really appreciative of it and you feel a huge sense of self worth.
Average work day
Supervisor Robert Revior (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 10, 2015
A typical work day would be coming in between 9:00 am and 10:00 am working an 8 hour day. I would come into work sign into my computer and phone. I would start taking phone calls for customer's who would have questions on their accounts or their bills. My direct supervisor was really nice always gave us really great tips on how to improve the selling aspect of our job. He would also try and make the long work day fun by giving us certain incentives for how good of a job we were doing. The hardest part of the job would have to be not taking what the customer is saying to you to heart. There would be a lot of times where the customer would call in very angry and upset because something is wrong on their bill or with their services. Most of the time they would take it out on you and blame you for all of their issues. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be when you would get those few customers that would be really nice and understanding and you made their day by fixing their issue.
Terrible place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: none now
Cons: long hours short pay
The friends I developed there were terrific. But I was trained in a class of about 25, and by the end of the third week was down to about 10. I was told on opening day they have a 120% turnover rate not good. I was on about 5 different accounts some I loved some I hated. But you take a lot of calls sometime upward of 100 and you get few thanks for the hard work you do. I had some good bosses and some not so good. I will tell you this. If you make it past 3 years with Convergys it is a miracle. I made it past 8 years by the good grace of God. From my perspective, find another employer to work for. You will live longer.
Productive and fun place to work
Advanced Technical Support (Current Employee), Arnold, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Great management, excellent benefits, huge opportunities to advance within the company. Company promotes from within
not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), phoenixFebruary 9, 2015
for the most it was a good environment. Most of the supervisors were helpful. Not alot of room for advancement. hardest part of the job was learning new programs with minimal training.
Pretty relaxed place to work.
sales/ billing rep (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: we would have luncheons for over acheivers which was great.
Cons: to get benefits through them was pretty exspensive.
It was a very competitive place to work but it was exciting and fun. I really enjoyed my co-workers and management was great. The hardest part was having to deal with customers who were really upset but after talking to them and letting them know what was going on they would calm down and be really appreciative about having someone take the time to speak to them in a way that they could understand. I learned how to be patient and to know that not every call is going to be a good call.
Good benefits but not enough pay for the type of work that is required.
Advanced Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTFebruary 8, 2015
I quit because there was many people that were leaving due to other job offers, in addition the project was due to close in September.
A work place to grown and learn
Team Leader of Operations (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORFebruary 8, 2015
Over all I took away from this employer is how not be just a manager but the difference in becoming a leader. This allowed me to drive performance in my team member which lead to them advancing in the company.
A great and fun place to work. A place to advance and grow.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day was watching my students grow and learn. They each had different personalities. I had a great rapport with my students and with the other teachers I worked with.
Convergys was a great place to work and provided a positive work atmosphere.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great incentives for your sales and commission.
Cons: not enough computers for scheduled employees
My goal on any job that I have is to learn new things. I learned how to help customers with issues that they had with their products and walked them through the process to fix or program their equipment. If I wasn't able to fix the issues, they were having I set up appointments to have a technician to come to their home to resolve or replace their equipment. I was able to sale updated equipment and products for the customers as well that better suited their needs.
The management was very supportive and held weekly meetings to keep us updated with issues that were going on and informed us with new technology that was available for our customers.
The coworkers were great to work with and also were informative to questions or problems that I had trouble resolving issues with for our customers.
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place and the many incentives that they had to increase our pay and education.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with hostile customers, but with any job that is something that is present and I am very familiar with handling these situations Most of the time after the frustrated customers vented and I talked to them and offered solutions, they calmed down and the issues they were having were resolved.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more