Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,831 reviews matching the search
many experince learned in this call center, that will increase my skills and knowledge for the future.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2016
Convergys has a great team, most of the people are very down to earth, great with other people. We learned to use great typing skills, and listening skills, able to learn how to empathize with customer. the experience has been great, I've learned many things that twill help me advance in the workforce.
Pros
they have many benefits as well, llike dental medical, vision, and also make many competitions where you can win bonuses.
Great enviroment to work in as call center rep.
Inbound Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 19, 2015
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
Free Lunch, Salary meet needs
Cons
short breaks
Average call center environment.
Chrysler Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day of work at Convergys involves a full day of phone and computer work. It's not difficult work, you just have to know what information to relay to the customer. Management seemed to always be an issue as team leaders were constantly being switched and laid off, because of this it felt as though there was a lack of stability. Co-workers were easygoing, although there seemed to be a surprising amount of personal issues dragged into the office, compromising the professional work environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to get assistance with an issue or question. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers and learning to be proficient with customer service.
Horrible Experience
Critical Situation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Even if you're qualified, you will only move up in the company if you are a complete suck up. Favoritism is major part of Convergys culture. No one, even upper management, seems to have a clue or be qualified for the positions they are put in.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day started out with signing into my computer, bringing up all the various systems I needed to perform my job daily. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, became friends with many of them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers who were rude, upset, angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to laugh and talk with my co-workers between phone calls.
Pros
Lunch Vendors, Insurance Benefits
Cons
Really do not have any
Company is good place to work
Customer sales and service associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 30, 2015
The over all co is a great place to work. Great benefits. training is well done. The management team has a long way to go. Some of them are not available for their team, and NEVER let you know when you have done a good job, only when you have made an error. The stress level is high, pushing sales continually, goals are set very high and almost impossible to meet.
Pros
Excellent benefits and training
Cons
Sales goals are not reasonable, and management is unavailable
job
kwjhbf (Current Employee) –  JLDFBFebruary 1, 2016
it was a job not a career builder. every time the management gets comfortable with their agents they get layed off. kjdfhkladhfFHJKFVBAKJ HRFQEJHBFJKAFBERJHFB
Pros
RJFHBQREKJFbwfjwhebrfj
Cons
whbf
productive workplace, great pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 3, 2015
It had a great starting wage and great benefits. I loved working with costumers and trouble shooting tech problems. It wasn't a very challenging job and advancement was a little more difficult than expected. Enjoyed the discount employees got for the apartments across from the workplace
Pros
great pay, simple to hard tasks
Cons
repetitive
fun fast paced great money
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2016
I had fun at my job. It didn't feel like a job to me at all. I loved going to work every day I was there.

Sales, problem solving, promotions, etc......
Pros
great people, management was great and good money
Cons
The pay at convergys was good and hearing Thank-yous from members that you helped solved their problems but the management is bad.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 9, 2015
I started working at convergys and thought it was going to maybe be a career. The first time I received my paycheck on time and had no issues. as weeks went by my paycheck wouldn't come on time up to a 2-6 days i would randomly receive my paycheck. Some of the staff there are really down to Earth and help co-workers who have questions including myself about the questions the members would ask us or how we could give them accurate information. Overall I liked helping the members with their benefit plans, But i'm more interactive i have to be doing something productive and love the sense of accomplishment after a task or a job.
Pros
Good pay, Helping members successfully
Cons
bad management, donsn't pay you on time
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be taking calls, I learned so much about the job in training before they let me out on the floor, it really helped. Management is great when you need something, Co-workers are amazing, I made a lot of friends. The Hardest part of the job is when you have a tough call and not really sure what you need to do, but there are really good people there to help out. Most enjoyable part of the job is about getting to know everyone and making some really great friends
If you seek an employer who cares, Convergys is NOT the place for you
Integrated Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 6, 2015
The wages are not competitive enough for the amount of stress that goes into the job. You will be offered incentives that are never actually given to you and management could care less about you! To Convergys, you are a number, not a person!
Pros
there aren't any other than a bi-weekly pay check
Cons
literally everything
This place is only for entry level person with no work experience
Developer Support Engineer- Microsoft Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMarch 15, 2016
The company does not have any career paths. It does not divulge any policies unless you have already run into the situation. It requires a 90 day work before allowing you a week to register for medical coverage, in which it does not tell you when. If you miss it you are out of luck.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No Hardware that works
Productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Typically I would strive to get to work before it was time to clock in to get my area ready to the days work. I would take at least 3-5 calls per hour depending on how fast or slow a day we were having. I learned how not to let situations take control of me but how to take control. Management had its ups and downs. Some managers paid more attention than other and some cared a lot about how we were doing and how to help us move up in the company. The hardest part of my job was handling extremely irate customers that would not want to understand the situation or how to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a customer would thank me for my patience and understanding and give me a good review to my manager.
Pros
Compensation and Medical Benefits as well as PTO
Cons
Favoritism
Fun co-workers, no hard physical labor.
Travel Guide (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 29, 2016
Working for Convergys was generally pleasant with entertaining co-workers. I was able to learn a lot about phone skills, resolving problems, computer programs, as well as learning to read codes and apply my knowledge to best assist each member. The management is light hearted, fun, and often able to brighten your day however when it came to working out any problems that arose in the work place I found that situations were often not resolved expediently. The hardest part of working with Convergys was the training. It was an 8 week training class where we were given a lot of information that was not clearly able to be understood until experienced. What I enjoyed most was all the incredible people I interacted with that were members, co-workers, managers, and even the occasional visitors from the corporate office.
Fun Place to be, Just not to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2016
My overall experience was alright. The people are fun however, there are some you have to watch they will get you fired. Another thing is the time clock was at your desk which means in the morning its a good thing because you're right there to clock in. However on 15 min breaks, by the time you clock out and get in the break room, you have 5 mins left which. Same for lunch, but worse because everyone is trying to go at once. As far as the pay goes, there is always reasons or problems concerning the commission that you're suppose to get. For the whole month, you have made sales and the following month, they will tell you you're not getting it for some strange reason or another.
Pros
Good food, Played music
Cons
Short Breaks, Not enough time to eat lunch, too crowded.
Not a good place
Sales coordinator/customer service/retention lead (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 19, 2016
Although my time wasn't best, I did meet some great people through this company. They are a 3rd party agency who could use a serious upgrade in the management department. For weeks I was pulled into meetings and told to tell how wonderful everything was going until one day I walked in and was informed to gather everyone on the floor. At that very moment unannounced to any lead or manager with the exception of the OM, we were informed that the contract had been pulled and the packaged for unemployment were on the desk as you exit the building. I was not let go at this time, but many were, and those who did not make it in that day were not informed that they didn't have a job.
Pros
In Olathe
Cons
Lack of communication, no job security
Watched Animal planet everyday with animals eating other animals literally. Very disturbing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 21, 2015
Got to work at my desk 15 minutes early, logged into the system, logged into the headsets, took one call after another until it was time to go on break for 15 minutes, then took some more calls until my 1 hour lunch, walked to burger king, walked back 15minutes early to log back into the system to take calls and then went home unless I was asked to do some overtime on the phones. At the beginning my supervisors were singling me in not out, they were very supportive and wanted to have everyone in their team succeed, they encouraged us to strive better and better. Then the third one came and wanted to make a lot of unethical changes. Supervisor was singling us out and kept the people he wanted.
Pros
Not much to say about Convergys, it was a negative environment, no one was happy, people started hating one another after the old management left
Cons
Leaving early on PTO due to low volume calls
Productive, fun work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2015
A Typical day at work was fun! Excitement! You meet so many different people.
I learned how to work face to face with customers. I also learned so much about people in general!
Management was awesome! Never a dull moment. Management didn"t treat the employers any different.
Co workers were great! We were one big happy family!
The hardest part was dealing with the rude customers.
The most enjoyable moment was just enjoying what you do, the atmosphere, the people just everything
Pros
you meet and learn from so much working here, the benefits
Cons
the breaks, the hours sometimes
Difficult to balance life and work
Customer Support Associate II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2015
The job pays well, assuming you work in the Blue Button Welcome Call department and the management is very relaxed yet take their jobs seriously so they're easy to get along with but the job itself is time consuming. Like with any call center job, they don't have set schedules, which makes it really hard to have a life outside of work and to schedule anything. Great job if you have no kids, friends, or a social life whatsoever. Horrible job if you have even a single responsibility other than the job itself. They also have a habit of cutting your lunch in half and using the other half for work time and scheduling for extra hours. These extra hours are mandatory. You may end up working an 11 to 12 hour shift with only a 30 minute lunch without even so much as a 24 hour warning.
Pros
Option to make extra money through commision sales
Cons
If you don't meet quota you don't get the commission even from the sales you made