Convergys
4,335 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Giant call center
CSR for Express Scripts (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMay 8, 2015
Pros: Only 1 project is 24 hours
Cons: Too much partying, not enough working
Nicknamed Club Convergys. High volume turn-around. Too many young people wanting to play instead of work. WAY too much noise. Actual call center rooms are not cleaned by janitors so, if you are not able to sit at the same computer every day then you are always cleaning up after everyone else. And you almost NEVER get to sit at the same computer. Company likes to change call rules with no notice.
interesting job
Customer Service (Escalated), Collections (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2015
I doc loss rpt for USAA med alot of interesting people handle a lot of customers help and gave outstanding cus ser. Member retention was my favorite it was challenging to get a customer interest back and show them ways the company can benefit them that they had not thought of
Productive has Game Room
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Sanford, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Events with free health checks, free lunch, health benifets
Cons: scheduling, point system
A basic day at the company is clocking in start taking calls you have two fifteen minute breaks and one hour lunch through the course of your shift , I learned top of the line customer service, tech support skills, management is semi ok they can do allot better on educating employees better on benefits. Co-worker are really nice amazing atmosphere. The hardest part is the scheduling and keeping down attendance points they make it so easy for you to get them but hard to drop them off so eventually they have great employees leaving or being let go because of having to many points even though there stats are at top of the performance list and the employee with a bad performance has less points but there stats are awful get to stay , so then it puts the the TL in a hard place and they allot of times have to let some of the best people on there team go. The enjoyable part of the job is actually getting great call from customers who enjoy the experience of the call with you and will want to call back for any assistants.
Another enjoyable part is coming to work seeing people that you enjoy working with ones that motivate you and encourage you on a daily basis people that make you want to come to work knowing there going to teach you something or learn something new for that day
lack of communication
Customer Service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2015
Cons: lack of communication
The place is not an employee friendly environment. Lack of communication. Company is not trust-worthy. Management is fake.
Decent Work Enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 7, 2015
Answer phones to help customers with computer issues
I learned a lot about the OS X system and how to fix a lot of issues
Had the opportunity to learn about the Apple line of products
Could be more professional although pay was great
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 7, 2015
the pressure my team leader would put on us on a daily was intense however nothing feels better than completing a hard task, on a daily we would have to have atleast 24 orders done per hour while receiving phone calls on trouble shooting and finishing orders for comcast.
Worst job I've ever had!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Everything else!
I worked for Convergys for a month before being terminated for call avoidance. I worked in the Hazelwood, MO location and it was so ghetto and unprofessional I wasn't even upset that I got fired. While they do give you pretty good pay, benefits, and overtime you probably won't even be there long enough to get the good stuff! They have a very high turn over rate that's why they're always hiring! Training classes last from 3-4 weeks but their "trainers" do not teach you what you really need to know when you get out on the phones. The trainers give you a general idea or the basics of what should happen but they basically tell you once you get out there you're clueless and you're on your own because nobody is going to help you if need be. This job is like going back to high school all over again. Even the trainers and managers act like petty children towards people. They don't calm down fights they just let them keep going and then gossip about it and that's just crazy. I'd only been there a month and witnessed so many disputes between co-workers, it's not even funny! They will hire anybody off the street just to fill those chairs up! Maybe if they took the time out to hire people that actually had some real prior experience they wouldn't be so desperate for help.
fun, competitive workplace
collector (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 7, 2015
I would clock in log in and begin calling customers with delinquent credit accounts.
I learned a lot about credit ratings and credit cards.
I really liked how the managers had my back, were understanding and would help me in anything I needed.
it was a good place to meet people and make good friends.
it was hard handling rejection and talking to upset customers.
but I really enjoyed helping people who were happy to pay off their debt.
didn't like
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything about the job
had to answer calls for att customers, and was made to sell att uverse, i did not like anything of the job. could not deal with the fact my job was on the line because i refused to sell uverse services. i could not bring myself to lie to customers about the product
Liked being able to work from my home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans LAMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me was waking up in the morning having my coffee then logging into my systems for the project I was assigned to. I enjoyed the interactions I had with my co-workers. I liked being able to have a full-time job, with benefits, that didn't require me having to leave my home as we presently only have one vehicle in my household. Didn't care much for the lack of job stability, the project I was working on was slated to end with barely a month's notice because the company had lost the work from home contract that I was employed by. Overall good company had great benefits, but would be hesitant to accept another position from this firm, being that they aren't a direct hire organization.
All over the place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Pay. Full time Hours.
Cons: Everything Else
This is a good job if you have no life outside of it. If you don't sign up for overtime they add it to your schedule. A very long and tedious 14 day training then 6 weeks of nesting than you are on the production floor.
produective work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2015
Assisting customers with step by step directions to their destination
Informing customers with new features about their On-star
Assisting customers with running diagnostic on customers cars to inform them of their car problems.
Excellent floor staff, Nightmarish management
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 6, 2015
Working with the team leaders and fellow employees is truly enjoyable. Upper management consists of vile and thoughtless tyrants who expect to be treated like royalty. Truly the only draw back.
Nice place to work
Production Sales Coach (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2015
I basically helped all advisors that needed help on the phone and coached them when they were not performing up to company standards.
It was not easy to work there
Technical Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Nice smoke area, options for PTO, UTO were available by calling in, quarterly bonuses and raises, opportunities for advancement, opportunities to earn stipends and bonuses were always available.
Cons: Scheduling and flex-shift, management disorganization
The job itself as a customer service representative was alright. The diversity of customers you dealt with kept the job interesting. You really felt a sense of satisfaction when you resolved a customers problem.However the management is not held in such high esteem.
Many complaints about management. Management was unorganized. Many of them not trained as well as the CSR's so it was impossible for them to assist you or know the proper protocol in handling a customers situation. Management was not very familiar with the products/services that were offered. The co-workers were nice to work with. Met very decent people there. The hardest part of the job was attempting to resolve an issue for a customer that should have already been resolved. To that end, there were a great many irate customers. The most enjoyable part again was resolving problems. As a Technical CSR, we were given a great deal of discretion to resolve by issuing free services, credits, etc.
"Fun Place"
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), UTMay 5, 2015
Pros: "Free snacks"
Cons: "Extra Break"
Busy&Bad&Good
Self-Esteem&teamwork
Respect and Lovely
When Customer complain for no reason
When your team gets together and cheer each other
Loved working with this company !
Postpaid Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: training should have hands on
At Convergys, there was plenty of room for growth and advancement within the company. I enjoyed waking up for work everyday. I worked for a third party company assisting customers with their account balances, explanation of bill charges, and offering customers new plans, troubleshooting devices, etc/ Management was great, co workers very helpful, and I would say the hardest part of the job was not knowing what your next call would be about. But I mostly enjoyed having a call that I was challenged to, knowing I ended the call giving the great customer satisfaction. I loved working for Convergys !.
Convergys
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMay 4, 2015
I just loved working here. It was a great job. I would love to work here again. There training was amazing. I loved that you got paid for training. They were very helpful with all questions and also very understanding. Great place to work.
Poor place to work but it was a job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga TNMay 4, 2015
The job was very stressful and the management didn't help matters any. They would set unreachable metrics to be met, they operate on what i consider a buddy system in order to advance.
New experience
Lead Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
Convergys was not a bad place to work. I spent most of my time there helping customers out with technical problems. The rest of my time I spent mentoring newly hired employees.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries