Convergys
3,375 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Fun environment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great contests and management.
Cons: low pay and lousy benefits.
A performance based job and individual as well as team based job.
Work is nice as are the other employees but management sucks
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good food, great co-workers, good pay
Cons: bad management
Management will say anything to keep you happy, but does not follow through with their promises a lot of the time, as long as you remember to get everything E-mailed or written then its a great place to work.
I was able to work from home and that was important to me at the time. loved the technology that allowed working from home,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: working from home.
Cons: company lost contract so in turn i lost job.
I learned about new technology that connected me to other states and countries (via telephone). I loved the conference calls that could be done with the entire team and most were in different states.
na
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Review training material before start of class. Facilitate class with current project material
Tedious and hectic environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at Convergy's is logging in and accepting inbound calls. I have learned to multitask and take disrespect from customers. The management mostly mind their own business and didn't really try to make the job easier. My coworkers were all on the same confused level like everyone else. The hardest part was trying to make sells to customers – more... that were calling in to downgrade services or to complain about the service they are receiving. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have two breaks and an hour lunch to calm down from the calls that were being taken. – less
Flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinatti, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Flexible scheduling due to at home position. Sufficient training and supervision to ensure a job well done.
Working at Convergys
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP & TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee), Lake Mary,FLSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at Convergys was very busy, always on a task helping a customer. My co-workers were friendly and helping. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing a customers problem and hearing the happiness in their voice.
Productive place to meet new peoples.
Tech Support (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: improve computer skills
Cons: mentally abusive
The company value the customers to the wildest extent but treat the workers like slaves.
very interesting
Call center representative/ Tier I (Former Employee), lake marySeptember 30, 2014
this Job was really interesting , demanding but it was OK for , except for the part where no position advancement was available. in order to get promoted you will have to work for more than 2 years to get a chance at a better life.
Productive and relax work environment
Resolution Coach/Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work includes the following...
• Train and monitor potential Call Center representatives
• Assist representatives with questions and concerns
• Complete outbound and relieve inbound calls
• Audit Offline accounts
• Assign task to agents to establish and meet goals for sales and customer satisfaction

• Every day I learn how to deal – more... and interacted with different customers.

• The managers are very understanding. They are very good people to work with.

• I call my co-workers my work family; that is how much fun and easy it is to get along with them.

• The hardest part of the job is dealing with different clients with different personalities but also the most enjoyable part as well. – less
sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: too many
sucks really really bad. like so bad it is physically painful to come to work everyday.
Fun environment you always had an oppurtunity to make more money.
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: you could work any day of the week
Cons: when the call volume was low the company would send you home.
Receive calls from AT&T customers about their UVerse products if they wanted to upgrade or cancel service. I learned that if you listen to a customers needs you can find ways to upsale to the customer to satisfy their needs. Coworkers easy to get along with. The hardest part of job trying to stay to work your full shift before you get sent home because – more... of the call volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is you always had room to grow. – less
The same thing everyday just different accounts.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: talking to new people everyday
Cons: short breaks, having to handle irate customers
The first thing you do is log into your computer and log into all the operations you're going to be using. Then you wait for the calls to start.
I learned how to engage with customers while solving their problems with their account or phones.
The hardest part of my job was to sell U-Verse to, Most of the time, customers who didn't even want it.
The – more... most enjoyable part of my job was talking to all the different kinds of customers we had from all over the United States. – less
Most stressful job.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: events
Cons: long sitting hours, limited bathroom breaks, angry customers, little floor support when needed.
I currently work at Convergys and I am very stressed out all the time. If you like sitting this is the job for you, my back is in so much pain at the end of the day due to prolonged sitting. Management is ok, not much help when you really need it. The hardest part of the job is the customers who are always angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is – more... going home – less
productive and face paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2014
very well trained supervisors
always had the help and support i needed on hand
Very poor training program.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits weren't bad
Cons: got fired due to having to go out of state for mother in laws funeral.
Trainer didn't have experience taking calls and was not up to date on the material she was teaching us. When we started on the floor taking calls it was extremely stressful due to lack of training. The company treated employees like a number, replaceable. They did not expect their employees to have lives.
Taking outbound calls for Directv
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free directv, prizes, being able to hear people smile.
Cons: people yelling becaused they were missing a game, hard to move up, working on sundays
The hardest part about this job was people yelling at you on the phone. The most enjoyable part was helping others. It always made me feel good when someone said I am very greatful for your help.
Customer Service Problem Solutions Rep II (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 27, 2014
I learned alot at this company. I think its a great company overall. There were a few minor things I did not like, but the pro's definitely outweighed the cons.
don't get sucked in to it
Customer Service and Billing Representative (Former Employee), ohioSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: clients, management, and pay
I took this job because i really had no other choice. They breath down your neck about empathy for clients but show no empathy for their employees. You are not allowed to be slient for more than 30 secs and can never get help when you need it but your chastised you if your call is over 4 minutes
Not What I hought
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2014
This comapny was not what I though tit would be. The culture was bad. Management wasnt very professiona. Growth was null to none.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more