Convergys
3,708 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

It's a "OK" Job
Customer Service Agent II (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great pay, some supervisors, enviroment
Cons: other employees are very rude to new people, sales, angry people 90% of the time
When I started at Convergys, my 7 weeks of Training was great. My Trainer/Teacher was awesome, and my classmates were great too. After training we moved to the phones, at first they wasn't too bad on us for not pushing sales, but after we got alot of experience on the phones, they expect you to try to make a sale before you end each call. You HAVE to offer a sale, even if the person is very angry, just calling to pay their bill, and you also are required to make a sale to customers calling to cancel lines for deceased loved ones which seems very disrespectful too. EVERY person calling has to be offered a sale in any situation they are calling in for. And when offering sales you have to at least get 3 "No's" from the person. The job is good for someone who likes to be under pressure, patience, and who can deal which people screaming/cursing at you. Its very good Money, and plus you get extra money for your sales that you make. Its not a bad job, just if you can do everything they expect you to do, deal with very angry people 90% of the time, and be pressured to make sales, this is a job for you. Co-Workers are not too bad, but are very cocky and rude to you if you are new to the company. Many people just do the 7 weeks of training and get paid for it and quit after training.
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Excellent customer service
Billing
Technical support
Perfect attendance
Customer guaranteed
good place to start out for experience
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2015
Good place to work to start your career. typical day about 60-70 calls can be stressful at times
Nothing to report at this time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: able to resolve member's issues over the phone.
Cons: sending out replacement modem within 5-7 days.
Provided technical support for AT&T's Uverse Product for Internet, Digital Phone & Computer.

Learned how to assist members with their digital products without physically seeing computer or phone.

Management was proactive in their development.

Co-workers were cohesive team players.

The hardest part of the job was sending out replacement kits in 5-7 days.

The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving member's issues over the phone.
HR Advisor/Lead Recruiter
HR Advisor/Lead Recruiter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: like the job and people.
Cons: travel
HR Advisor/Lead Recruiter is a very fast pace job. Always new people to work with. Enjoyed the work.
Heavy Data entry heavy call volume
TEAM LEADER/TRAINER (Former Employee), Arnold Mo 63010January 2, 2015
Managed team of 20 sales associates for AT&T wireless service provided excellent customer service signed up new and existing wireless service for consumers and businesses. Trained and developed sales associates. Heavy call volume. Managed sales reports for associates wrote reviews.
Technical support representative.
Technical support representative (Former Employee), Heathrow LakemaryJanuary 2, 2015
Learned how to make customers happy and get every customers problem solved and out the way so the company could have an good look and also me so the company can also expand and get more customers.
Very Fast Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: room to advance
Cons: rushed atmosphere
The job itself isn't that difficult but you do have to keep up with MULTI screens and programs. It's very hard to provide good customer service, also, when you're constantly being monitored for your time.
Who Knew Working On The Phone Could Be Fun
Cust Serv & Problem Res Rep II (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 2, 2015
One of my most favorite employers. Speaking to numerous people from around the country, learning and helping customers from all kinds of backgrounds made working in a call center fun.
Convergys
Customer Care/ Tech Support specialist (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: short lunches
A typical day at Convergy's starts with trying to find a parking spot. There are 15+ sectors and over 3,000 agents, new hires, clients, staff etc. that work here and drive to work. Once you finally find a parking spot you have to make sure you find a computer and phone that works, clock into it and hope the headset doesn't go out on you during your call. Agents are allowed a 30 minute lunch in which you must get to where you are going and back, consume your lunch, and be back on the phones within that thirty minutes, or bring your food, or shop at the expensive convenient stores in the building. When you are not on lunch you are spending 8 hours in front of a computer screen in an uncomfortable chair. Agents are allotted two 15- minute breaks two hours before lunch and an hour and a half after lunch, which by the time a person is able to walk outside the break is half gone. I have learned the essence of being the barror of bad news and how to deliver it in a more acceptable way than most. My co-workers are amazing. They are always willing to help. The higher ups are rarely ever available and when they are they only have about two minutes to spare with you. The hardest part of the job is being expected to know what you have not been taught. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is the customers. They make my day 10 times better.
BIG LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 1, 2015
I LEARNED ALOT FROM THE YEARS OF WORKING WITH THE ANANDS. IT WAS STRESSFUL AND LONG HOURS AND AT TIMES OVERWHELMING LIKE MOST HOTELS AND HOSPITALITY POSITIONS ARE, BUT I ENJOYED MOST OF THE 8-9 YEARS I WORKED FOR JOSH AND MR, MRS ANAND, THEY WERE VERY GOOD TO ME AND GAVE ME A CHANCE TO LEARN ALOT ABOUT THE HOTEL BUSINESS FROM EVERY ANGLE. I WORKED AT BOTH PROPERTIES 20TH STREET DAYS INN AND SUPER 8/TRAVELODGE EAST RIDGE
nine place to start off for a person without experenice
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 31, 2014
Pros: salary
work day was nice
the hardest par of the job was not all mnger were on the same page
Your average call center
Customer Retention Agent (Former Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 31, 2014
Pros: awesome trains and leaders, commission based on how well you do.
Cons: very short breaks, very bad management
The company starts you out in training. Had an amazing trainer, knew what he was doing and always made sure that he answered all questions.

Once heading onto the floor, I had a couple problems regarding my schedule (due to Yours Truly having to take the bus to work each day). After about 3 months, the issue was totally resolved.

Everything was good until mandatory overtime was implemented, and it was harsh. I would usually miss the last bus by the end of the shift.

All in all, be careful what you choose schedule-wise and make sure if you are going to do something, always make sure you have proof of what you were doing.
Good place to work but no time for anything else
Customer Service and Problem Res. Rep II (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits, and good entry level job
Cons: if youre a person who would rather deal with people face to face then this is prob not the place.
- Depending on shift depends on how the day will be.
- I learned a lot about how the company works and all their policies
- Management is ok. but when you ask multiple different mangagers the same questions majority will give you different answers and they all try to rush you off the phone
- Co-Workers are all awesome you develop a good bond with the people who go to training with too.
- most enjoyable part of the job is when you finally get off from the long day of dealing with people on the phones
THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING
Advanced Tech. Support (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLDecember 29, 2014
THEY DO NOT WORK WITH ANY OF YOUR SCHEDULING...IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY PASS UP THIS JOB! THEY DONT CARE ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS "STATS"
excellent work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), hazelwood,moDecember 28, 2014
Troubleshooting equipment over the phone for starbucks company
bad work environment
Troubleshooting Technician (Former Employee), Hazelwood,MODecember 28, 2014
Pros: close to help for a close commute
Cons: unprofessional work enviornment
Very unprofessional, no manager help whatsoever, no time to log into systems to do work, no feedback to do job accordingly, human resources was no help as well regarding pay stubs, employment verification, etc
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2014
Good place to work. Left because my assignment ended. Worked there for 1 year. The managers were great and the hours were manageable.
Partially relaxed environment for a mostly easy job
Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 27, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch, relaxed environment and co-workers.
Cons: some of the management, required overtime.
Typical work day for here was pretty easy, go in and clock in then just wait for a phone call to come in since it was a telecommunications job, answering questions about billing and services all shift. Most of the management was helpful and relaxed but some of them were rather testy about the job in general, the co-workers were pretty care-free too and just went through the day doing their job. The hardest part about it though I would have to say is the numbers we had to meet each month, sometimes it was harder due to the economy changing though. The most enjoyable part though was probably the co-workers, if it was a slow day we usually just sat around conversing about what ever topic would arise.
Working for Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Laredo, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: paid time off, paid sales, recognition for hard work
Convergys is all about exceptional customer service to customers who call in with questions and concerns about their Comcast accounts. Customers are very important to every company. For this reason, it is important to develop a great relationship with them. I have learned how to identify customer needs by having conversations with the many customers who I have assisted while working for this company.
The management in Convergys stresses weekly goals for sales, average handle time, productivity, along with many other goals we are required to meet as a site. Managers have to make sure all employees are getting trained properly in order to be able to reach these goals.
I have met numerous people in this job. Some of them are now close friends of mine. It has been a journey and I have enjoyed meeting new people very frequently.
Personally, the hardest part of the job was when I did not have much experience in the production floor. I was not used to have so many goals to meet. After I mastered everything, the job became much more simple and the goals became much easier to achieve.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the goals which are required and then being recognized for it. It is a feeling of satisfaction to know the company is being successful because of successful team work from all the employees.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more