Convergys
4,227 reviews

Convergys United States Employee Reviews

Overall bad experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pueblo, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, trading hours/ extra hours
Cons: Horrible HR, Lazy supervisors, late scheduled lunch's, scheduled breaks, bad communication, double standards
I found Convergys to be a great place to start out when looking for jobs. I loved/love my job at Convergy's i've met a ton of awesome people HOWEVER, they do a horrible job with their HR department. In the time i've worked there soo far I've witnessed:

A supervisor sexually harassing another agent and got away with it with a slap on the wrist.

and power hungry supervisors fire people because they were too lazy to coach and develop the agent into a productive employee

I had difficulties with the place aswell they run off a 12 point absence system missing a day = 1 point. So i had a sick family member they did nothing to help me with medical leave so my absence points just continued to stack up and eventually i was written up and had my promotion taken away from me despite having doctors excuses and medical documentation.

so whatever you do! NEVER GET SICK and HOPE TO GOD no one you know that you care about gets sick they don't care and they won't help you.

They actually don't follow the Colorado state laws pertaining to lunches and breaks so yeah that's a thing.

Oh and one last thing! i had a couple friends sign on with me they advertise a 200$ sign on bonus for everyone that stays past 3 months. I'm well past double that time frame and still haven't received that compensation... I have a feeling I will never see it so don't bother with that the HR departments too irresponsible to get those out.
Petty, high school like environment
Customer Service/Project Manager (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOApril 21, 2015
The worse place ever to work unless you are absolutely desperate. The managers and supervisors are a joke as well as the HR staff. They could care less about their employees.
great friendly enviroment
True Green Bill Collector (Former Employee), olathe kansasApril 21, 2015
I really enjoyed this job the employee were great and awesome managers. I learned a variety of aspects of the job. the hardest part of the job was learning all the scripts and screens at first.
fast pace enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: it was a wrok from home position
Cons: angry customers
Convergys is a fast pace company where you answer calls based on At&t customers. Dealing with plans, payments, and technical issues
WORKING AT CONVERGY'S
Csr (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 21, 2015
Pros: GETTING TO HELP THE CUSTOMER'S.
Cons: NOT BEING ABLE TO LOWER CUSTOMERS BIL BECAUSE OF A MISSING PROMOTION.
MY TYPICAL DAY WORKING AS A CSR IS MAINLY HELPING CUSTOMERS WITH ACCOUNTS AND GOING OVER BILLS IF THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM ALSO TAKING PAYMENTS AND REVERSING THEM AS WELL.
Great insentives
Customer Service (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTApril 21, 2015
Pros: Paid bonuses
Cons: Buisness Location
I did customer service and maintained customer satisfaction. I also was trained for technical support for situations with the customers satellite. The hours were great and I worked around many people.
hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2015
I did not like this job. the managers were very rude. you coundnt move up in the company. they do not train very well. they didn't take care of their employees very well. were always changing the rules
Simple task Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 21, 2015
Simple things like checking a bill and helping a customer can turn into the hardest thing you have to wait more than 10 min for help and by the time you've received help your customer will be upset
incentives galore
CUSTOMER SERVICE/PHONE SALES (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
Good place to work for. This company has good benefits. The training hours a little crazy- 6am to start training was something!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Some managers leave something to be desired. Pay
Convergys gives you excellent training and prepares you to work from home. I really enjoyed working for the client that I had.
NA
Customer service and technical support (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYApril 21, 2015
I think Convergys under pays their employees and does a bad job in trying to appreciate the employee. They schedules are done unfairly and the #1 goal is money and not the employee.
Productive and learnings about being a call center agent.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), P07April 21, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and unlimited drinks.
Cons: shortbreaks, lunch, breakfast, health benefits.
On the day i got the slot to be part of the team on that company i felt so blessed. Then the first day i started the job training its really a challenge to me a lot of co-workers are so brilliant on many ways. I learned on that job training was to be more active in listenings skills so that i can do my part to solve customers problems. Ways to be more sourceful and have patience in assisting customers and not to mention to get hot when customer/client is not in the mood. About the management they are well organized to manage like me as their agents. My co-workers and I are really so hardworking in making their assesment in able to pass the job training and be more active in any ways. The hardets part of the job was at the final assesment training that we are not able to inform that we are about to have the very last and final job training assesment and luckily i was being active i learn and be so active about all the assesment training and with this on the actual hands on that we took our very firs conversation of customers i was able to manage it and help solve their problem. Most enjoyable part of the job is when i solved and help customers/clients need.
Okay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lake Mary FloridaApril 21, 2015
It was great at times when you got the help you needed. But you had to be a quick learner. They throw so much of you at a time and its hard to pick up.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
AppleCare Apple Support (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Nice and relaxed environment
Cons: Had to work 65 hours a week to pay the bills
Nice place to work while between jobs and trying to pay the bills but it is more for someone with less technical knowledge than me. And i say that with all the respect for everyone there working hard.
Fun place to work with different walks of life.
CSR (Former Employee), Clarksville,TNApril 20, 2015
I would answer telephones and assist customers with problems they were having with their phones. I learned how to use the systems for both computers and telephones to assist me with aiding customers.
Management was wonderful through the whole process of getting started at the job. If there were any questions, they would answer them fully. My co-workers were wonderful. They are highly competent individuals who know the job and how to preform it correctly and to the best of their abilities.
the hardest part of the job for me was the computer systems that had to be used all at the same time. We were not allowed the use of pen and paper at our desks because it was a computer based process. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers i had. They are wonderful people and they are there to answer questions and help with anything that you need help with.
Not so great
Tech Support (Former Employee), TexasApril 20, 2015
Was told the job was going to be tech support and was pushed to sale more than support the customer.

It was not fun at all.

Favorites were picked. They would advance non qualified employees instead of those that are qualified.
Informative and great learning experience
CSR (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Learning experience
Cons: Temporary Position
A typical day consisted of answering phones to assist the pharmacist or customer with their insurance questions and or providing preauthorization's
convergys
csr (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 19, 2015
I dealt with over a hundred calls a day. I was dealing with customers who had any directv issues. I placed orders, scheduled technical visits, and took payments. I learned something new about computers everyday. My supervisor was ok. I believe the hardest part was angry customers. The best part was just being able to work how i wanted.
A fast paced and very productive environment
Data Entry/Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2015
A typical day in this position consists of receiving 20 or more calls an hour due to account assistance. I have learned so many things about stocks. Management was good and so were my co-workers. There was no real hard task in the position I held. The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing how excited the customers were about their stocks.
Other call centers pay much better.
I did work (Former Employee), Arnold, MOApril 17, 2015
Pros: Full time, some very nice managers.
Cons: low pay, high stress, benefits not that great.
I worked for Convergys for many years, I can tell you for a call center the pay is way below average, most start you at around $11-14 an hour, Convergys around $9.25 maybe a bit more if you have experience, they say more in their ads, but that is with there bonus thing, that is pretty much impossible to get, if you work the AT&T side they are open 365 days a year, no Christmas or Thanksgiving off, though AT&T employees doing the same job get all holidays off and much higher pay.

You will sometimes get hit with mandatory overtime, meaning if you are a single parent, going to work a second job or go to college be prepared for that if you choose to work there, turnover there is the worst of any company I have ever seen, why they are always hiring, if people are not fired for not meeting their ton of metrics, they wind up quitting due to the work itself, most don't even make it out of training.

The insurance used to be pretty good, now they offer choices, but every provider has the same coverage no matter who you choose, you have to meet the deductible before anything is paid, for the amount it costs, it is very poor.

They do have some good managers, very friendly, but it is a very high stress job as an agent, and for what they pay, I would look around a bit before choosing Convergys.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries