Convergys
3,171 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Not a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLAugust 8, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fat Paced working enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hickory, NCAugust 7, 2014
A typical day working a convergys is answering calls and being on the phone all day assisting customers with their problems.
Freedom to Explore
Quality Performance Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: innovative ideas, training & development
Cons: benefits
I was given the opportunity to explore without restraints. An organization driven by pioneering new technology. A great platform of software usage.

The organization taught me alot about how to take simple and make great. Learn to use management skills in the virtual world, work with a dynamic team of quality and training team. My co workers were the – more... most supportive group. Although we were located in different centers across the country, a virtual relationship introduced the most innovative ideas and implementation.

With management of a team, i learned to give way to open concepts and become more cognitive about business goals.

I truly liked virtual environment and working independently. – less
soul crushing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pharr, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: lotsa swag for hitting metrics and playing games on breaks
Cons: constant monitoring
call center for DirecTV (lost the contract) AT&T, WellMed & now others
Learned to live in 2 hr segments till next break or lunch
screaming people everywhere - on the phones, the management was RUNNING thru the place sometimes ringing bells or blowing horns - this would really concern customers on the phone - we used to tell em it was a birthday party – more... cause you cant say someone just hit their daily goal and made that 14th HBO sale - even if they're calling in with broken equipment you have to sell them something! – less
productive and enjoyable
Customer Service/Problem Resolution Rep. (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: headsets trigger migranes
Great place to work. Would not work there if you tend to headaches/migranes alot. You will be wearing a headset for answering phones all day.
Not bad but not great
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTAugust 6, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, advancement opportunities
Cons: unstable
In my position you would go into work and work with the agents on making sure that agents are provided excellent customer service and making an offers on every call.

I have learned a lot from Convergys. I have learned how to manage a group of 10-20 representatives and how to build a relationship to make a better working experience. I had a lot of opportunities – more... to work with different people and learn different techniques for both sales and management.

Most of the managers are great and the co-workers are always there to help you and support you. I loved going into work to and being able to work with a diverse management group and fun co-workers they were truly a second family. I was given a lot of opportunities such as management advancement, additional training and traveling opportunities.

The hardest part of my job was always feeling like no matter what you do or how hard you work it is never good enough. I would put in 50+ hours a week and only 1 of the 3 upper management would notice and give recognition.

Overall its not a bad place to work but make sure to watch your back. – less
Customer call center that handled DirecTV calls.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKAugust 5, 2014
Due to an illness in 2008 I'm unable to remember a lot of what I did on the job but my husband worked there with me.
Fun place to work
Consumer Support Professional (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORAugust 5, 2014
This is a fun place to work. You really get to know the people around you. It's nice because you never take your work home with you. They have a saying "Work stays at work, home stays at home".
Nice Steady Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: lay offs
My co-workers are great. I do order modifications and customer service.
Too many people in positions of authority with no clue how to lead
Team Lead/ Coach (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2014
HR depart is a joke... they rely on gossip not facts when investigating incidents
Steady Employment
Technical Support Professional, Tier (Former Employee), Watertown, NYAugust 5, 2014
Assisted with technical support and general customer service.
It's a job.
BGI (Current Employee), Taylorsville, UTAugust 5, 2014
Pros: benefits after 90 days
Cons: short breaks, horrible pay, horrible attitudes, customers scream and curse at you all day long
Worst pay and nobody cares about you or the job you do for them. Air conditioning is always broken, and it gets so hot on the call floor that people get dizzy or sick. This happens weekly.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOAugust 5, 2014
I felt right at home here It was family oriented It was a nice job to have
Great Money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYAugust 5, 2014
Wonderful money. worked night shift some of the job could be physical overall fun place to work
Love this place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 4, 2014
I started working there at the age of 14. Nice place to work as a teenager
great breakroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: poor pay
Excellent work place. Great Work rotation. Management could be more considerate in its bonus programs.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St.Louis,MOAugust 3, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay
When i first started working here i thought that it was the most professional place ever...that was during the training process..Once i made it to production floor i realized i was soooo wrong the way the place is ran speaks for itself now i see why they hire so much its because they cant keep workers. Its because of te agents that the project continues – more... were the ones that answer the calls and assist the customers but we are so unappreciated there! For one the pay is $9.00/hr no raises or anything this is the project called " COMCAST" if a customer requestes a SUPERVISOR its like they avoid you (managers) or run from the call no one is helpful there OVERALL ITS GHETTOO HOT MESS PERIOD – less
Its how u make it
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 3, 2014
the job is ok. The callers that call in can be disrespectful. some of them can be so sweet that they make u cry n do everything you can do to help them out.
Productive fun place to work, learn and grow
Quality Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2014
Great experience, meet new people and assist with different projects.
Slow going
customer service rep (Former Employee), clarksville tnAugust 3, 2014
It was slow some of the agents are rude with other agents and can careless about the other agents they talk about others behind there back..

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more