Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 4,454 reviews matching the search
Pocatello Team works to assist it's Employees in schedule changes for school.
Problem Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IdahoDecember 5, 2012
Convergys in Pocatello attempts to assist it's employee's in schedule changes for school or home emergencies. This family value attitude makes it a great place to work. It is a large Company but as an employee they make you feel like you matter to them. The job can be stressful as you deal with clients that are frustrated and angry. Assisting them in finding solutions for their issues is rewarding. I am a "show me the money" kind of girl so the fact that my pay incentives are reachable is important to me. I believe management can make or break a call center. Pocatello Convergys is lucky to have some wonderful people in leadership. They create a family enviroment and want to see their employee's succeed. I had no intention of staying at a call center as I have a degree. I have been there two years. The pay is not bad, the incentive pay is obtainable and the benefits are decent. There is alot of opportunity to move up in the Pocatello center. Unfortunately, most of the positions do not come with an increase of base pay equal to the additional responsibility. Call centers generally have a high turn over because new employees learn they are not suited to the call center job and quit. Over all it is a good place to work. All it takes from me is a positive attitude for my day at work to be good!
Pros
clean call floor/lunch room/rest rooms, work schedules, employee benefits
Cons
incentives are dependant on stats and sometimes its in areas out of the agents control.
challenging and beneficial
Sales\ customer service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2015
i worked on onstar-convergys in blue button welcome call (BBWC)

you usually take about 50 calls a day max, a normal call taking anywhere between 5-10 mins.

you educated the costumer on what their onstar-equipped vehicle included, then offered them minutes for their built in phone service, or data for their built in wifi

this was my first call center job, so i learned a lot:
*how to navigate the system
* how to communicate with the costumer
*how to pitch the sale

mainly, you just make sure the costumer has what they need, and you let them enjoy their new vehicle.

management was helpful, but often busy. best to pay attention in training and during help sessions so you can become self-sufficient as soon as possible.

co-workers came in many versions, but for the most part i really enjoyed working with the people i was with.

the hardest part of the job is when the dealer representative is not supportive of your role in explaining the onstar features. it takes away from the costumer experience and could cause you to lose a potential sale, but it times like those you must remember, its not personal, and you just have to let it go and continue to enjoy the day

the best part of the job, no question, when you get a great costumer. when they ask you questions, engage with you, enjoy their vehicle and the onstar experience. regardless of the sale or not, if their enjoying themselves, so are you
Pros
free lunches every so often, bonuses, overtime
Cons
if busy, will cut your lunch time, mandatory ot, dealer interference
They try to make it fun but disorganization makes a hectic work environment.
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 21, 2013
Convergys is not that bad but has A LOT of room for improvement. They try to make work fun by organizing spirit week in which you can dress up to a different theme everyday (like high school) or set up dress up days for holidays but instead of all of that I would rather have a holiday bonus! Everything about Convergys is very unorganized. To call in sick, you have to call a automated IVR line, sometimes it does not go through and you get counted off for a no-call-no-show.
Also, the HR department is a call center, lots of the associates in this department do not really know what they are talking about and will tell employees the wrong information.
The rules change all the time but there is a huge lack of communication between the bosses, the managers and the employees.
Convergys is great at making a very diverse team and they are very laid back with the dress code but unfortunately, diversity means that only half of the employees actually work. There is very high turnover rate and they over-hire. There is a new training class every two weeks which creates a lot of chaos because of over crowding.
Also, they will hire a bunch of people and wait until they are already in training before they check their work history and references. Some people get fired after two days in training because their work history does not match up.
Pros
laid back dress code, diverse employees.
Cons
unorganized, lack of comminucation between the higher-ups and employees.
Good for a short-term job while you look for a better one
customer service representative for Directv (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 25, 2015
Convergys is not physically demanding, but it's mentally and emotionally demanding. It takes a while to get used to callers who are often rude and insulting, but you'll get over that.

The worst part of working there is that they are measuring your performance on dozens of different reports, and it's virtually impossible to be in the green on all of them. Not only that, you can be in the green on all their measurements, but if you forget to include every call component they list, you'll be in trouble for that, too. You'll eventually get fired for what they call "no valid save attempt" - the job is to take calls from people asking to cancel, and you're supposed to make save attempts to keep them - but "no valid save attempt" includes a plethora of different mistakes you could make on one of the 30-plus calls you'll take every day - that way, when they need to cut staff, they just scrutinize your calls until they find three mistakes, and they call them all "no valid save attempt," even if it's a call where you failed to try and sell the customer a piece of equipment, and then they can fire you for performance.

The people are fun, and the perks of free satellite tv plus generous bonuses are great - AND you can pick up overtime virtually any time you want - AND they offer stipends in addition to your pay (for instance, they'll offer a $5 stipend for the weekend, so you'll make $15 an hour). It's just not stable. You always think you're about to get fired, then finally you do
Poor management and overall ethics
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 19, 2013
Convergys provides a slightly higher than minimum wage for phone support operators and is the general definition of outsourcing within the US. They pay you receive is significantly less than you would be paid providing tech support at other companies that provide the same tech support. You will be required to deal with all sorts of customers from happy to sad to angry, one after another, with little to no break, and to enjoy it for little pay. You will be required to work around their schedule for you, they will not accommodate you if you are in school or have other reasons. They work on a points system that counts towards termination if you receive a certain amounts of points: any lateness, sickness, any absences, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are or even if it is excused, if it is not part of their schedule for you, it counts towards it. Do not expect them to be caring or sympathetic, even if you have an emergency and a written doctor's order not to attend work for a certain length of time, they will not excuse it or even try to find a workaround solution - unless it's been approved before the emergency happened. Shysters. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone, and I would never work there again.
Pros
above minimum wage pay entry level, benefits if you are willing to pay for them, a small amount of earned paid vacation.
Cons
unscrupulous management, poor company ethics, inflexible schedule, pay is less than what comparable companies provide.

Comment – May 27, 2013

i agree...NEVER trust a place that doesn't require face to face interviews! the whole process was a joke from the recruiting to the minute i was fired; management is seriously a JOKE! my TL was NEVER available when the team needed her & it seemed like CSP had the final say so & even that program was a joke! i wasn't fired for attendance, i was fired because my TL said i didn't provide accurate info (thanks to mycsp) and wasn't empathetic enough! do the 8 weeks of training & get paid but don't stop looking for a job; they EXPECT you to do the job of several departments but don't compensate you for them (ex: tech support taking payments, handling billing questions, selling, changing info on accounts)!

It is a fun workplace, but I would like changes and move up.
Coaching Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2015
I have worked at Convergys for 19years and been in many positions. Right now I am the lead coach, which consists of: tracking attendance, training, quality, coaching the coaches to help them with the transition agents, trends tracker, run 3 debriefs a day based on the trends or questions the new agents have, make sure the TL's meet their agents, get the agents ready for production while they are in transition.
I have learned how to be patient, show empathy and team work. Team work is something I focus on to getting every one involved to be in a happy mood for the day to help us have good customer service and to help each other out.
All employees should help one another to help improve customer service skills and build the company. If we want to be happy, get bigger, make more money, then we need to help each other out and have good team work.
The hardest part of the day is when a technical issue is happening to our customers but no alerts or information has been sent out to tell our agents to be aware of the issue and which causes our agents to guess and give out incorrect information. But, I usually can get that fixed because of the confidence that people have in me, due to how long I have worked for Convergys and how I can back myself up with the resources I use.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people with every class we get. I am a social person and love to help people. I may seem nervous in the begining, but that changes quickly.
Friendly and Fun Environment
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IASeptember 1, 2015
I have been with the company for over a year and I absolutely love my job. My coworkers are amazing and our team works seamlessly together because our department leader made sure that we took time to get to know each others' work styles and strengths/weaknesses in a constructive way.

This is my first time in the talent acquisition field and I have already learned so much in terms of best practices and how important it is to connect with potential new employees from the moment you first make contact with them. From a recruiting perspective, nothing will help your staffing efforts more than actually getting to know the people you are hiring before they even start on day one. That's the best part of the job--getting to know so many great people and having the opportunity to offer them a position with the company.

The hardest part of the job is the market--lots of contact centers in the area and lower population makes it a cutthroat recruiting game. Competition is fierce, so it's all about how you brand your company in the area and what the company brings to the table in terms of culture and environment, which Convergys definitely delivers. Between the community involvement and the relaxed, fun environment, I would put Convergys at the top of the list of places to work in the area.
Pros
Room for growth, flexible with college schedules, gaming environment, friendly employees
Cons
Due to being a larger company there is more red tape and policies to adhere to
Productive and fun workplace with limited potential for growth within the company.
New Accounts Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 12, 2014
On a typical day I would take inbound phone calls from cellular dealers and run credit checks, advise of deposit amount, and activate new phone purchases. Also I performed changes of financial responsibility (transferring a contract from one customer to another)

At the time I was employed there, 3g and line portability was just emerging and I had the benefit of learning all of the new rules and technology associated with this.

The seating arrangements and workload hindered our ability to freely interact with co-workers, however I did make several very good friends that I eventually spent time with outside of the workplace.

I can honestly say the job (NAS, or New Account Services) was not a difficult job and I did not find it hard. Although I didn't exactly feel I was utilizing my full potential and there were limited places to advance within the company. Please keep in mind this may have changed since I last worked there over 10 years ago.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the occasional downtime, it gave us the opportunity to have short breaks in between calls to break the monotony of the repetition. It rarely was back to back calls and that kept stress level low and attitudes fresh to offer the best customer experience possible.
Pros
the job was not overly stressful and management was not micromanaging you all day.
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement.
Decent job?...nah
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 20, 2013
I started with Convergys about 6 months ago. It seemed pretty cool in the interview. I mean I'm a college student so any job at this point is awesome. But during the training (which is paid thankfully, but you absolutely can't miss a single day otherwise you're canned on the spot) it was made known to me that we weren't working for Convergys exactly but rather being contracted to DirecTV and getting the benefits from that company but being paid by Convergys. At 8.25 an hour, I could barely keep up with bills as it was but later found out that a typical DirecTV employee actually gets around 12 an hour to start and some could even get somewhere around 15 to 20 an hour if they stay with them for about a year. No raises, weak incentives for sales. If you go even a little bit below the 'goal' of 20% sales per day they harass you until you get there. The reason I'm no longer with them is because I had a family emergency, I had to leave early, I made sure with my direct superior and even his superior if it was ok for me to go and that it won't be counted against me, and they said "Yes of course, just come in tomorrow, we'll see if we can make up the time later" and the next day I was immediately fired for attendance even though it was the only time I actually missed. Work for them if you think you can meet the standards and deal with the lying and deceit they impose but just know you must always put them first even before family otherwise you'll get canned.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
All in all one of the better call centers I have worked for.
Sales and Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 27, 2012
Presently I am a Work At Home agent and absolutely love it and the flexibility I now have and the gasoline savings.
Since working at Convergys I have had the pleasure of working on the American Express project. I had the opportunity to speak with many well known and famous people on the phone, sell upgrades and make bonus money on top of it.
With the Ebay project I have become very proficient with the site and have learned allot by using the website myself. Im very glad to help an share my knowledge and experence with Ebay sellers.
Most of my cooworkers are very helpful and willing to share skills that they had learned and I now share with new employees.
By qualifying and selecting the option to work at home, I effectively gave myself a raise.
I do miss not being at the call center for the social aspects of the job and the act going to work. The chat room we use as home agents allow for a diffrent dimension of interaction with peers and management.
I believe the most difficulty part of the job is maintaining enthusiasm on each and every call..from the first call to the last. The other challenge is overcoming the feeling of isolation by working in my own home away from daily personal interaction of my peers.
Pros
management has provided allot of flexibility for convergys employees.
Cons
maintaining consistant enthusiasm w/ every phone call.overcoming isolation w/ work-at-home agent.
My Review on Convergys
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 17, 2013
While working at Convergys a typical day would include, first completing the training. During the training period I sat in a classroom of about thirty people at a computer desk learning the basics of the different software programs that the company used. After becoming familiar with the software I would then learn to balance taking calls, assisting customers, pulling up their information, and navigating my way through their account to find ways to resolve their problems. Once training was complete I took these skills to the sales floor and helped customers calling in to complete the functions that they were requesting, such as bill payment, payment arrangements, adding and deleting features..etc. As a trainee the only manager I worked with was the classroom trainer. Once I began working on the sales floor I then had three call representative managers that would assist in any questions or help we had in assisting the customers. There was minimal interaction with co-workers being that we were taking calls back to back. The hardest part of the job was trying to encourage the customer to purchase items they may not have been financially able or willing to obtain. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers from all different types of background.
Pros
being able to interact with different people everyday.
Cons
maintaing the time period between one customer hanging up and the next call coming in.
Patience is a virtue
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 29, 2015
Saying convergys is stressful is an understatement if you do not have the patience to deal with monotonous calls about the same issue day in and day out every couple of minutes. A typical day consisted of being insulted by irate customers because their cable bill was too high but they were unwilling to change their packages or being yelled at that their services are not working even though they are not capable of following instructions on how to fix the issue. After hearing the same thing call after call you learn that it is not difficult to help these people as long as one is willing to ease them into co-operation by building rapport and creating genuine interest in their issues. By empathizing with people you create a short quick bond that helps you perform your job with ease. It is because of this job that I learned that it is not what is said but how it is said that makes a difference between a good call and a bad call. This skill has helped me not only in my jobs but also my personal life. Management here is aware of the stress since they were once floor agents as well. The team leaders I had were always comprehensive and gave effective insight. The most enjoyable part of the job was after a while of working there turning a bad call into a good call became a thing of pride almost.
Pros
Paid Time off, sale commisions, paid training, plenty of breaks
Cons
high mental stress work environment because of metrics
Good exp.
Billing/Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 10, 2013
This job was a great introduction to me relating to telemarketing and taking in-bound sale calls. I worked 9:30am to 6:00pm most of the time from Mon-Friday while overtime was not required. I worked with my personally team and team leader, always trying to perform and surpass the other teams having fun while doing so. Everyday was very repetitive but I learned something new everyday because I was willing to learn new techniques to always improve myself and my team. Generally dealt with older clients who cannot or have issues with their bills via; internet, phone and television. Some clients who call in are very calm but most are angry and are confused or frustrated. My job was to disarm clients and smoothly take care of the related problem in a good timely matter. When issues and questions were resolved, I would transition into sales with common sense or knowledge, but will always attempt to sell a product. Willing to consistently train about improving one self or learning new products. Become flexible with new or a change work schedule was also required which I had no problems with during my stay with Convergys. Some accomplishments I received working the short 6-7 months I there, was being recognized with a certificate of outstanding performance. I was also awarded a $200 incentive bonus or a Kindle fire HD by an unlimited entry raffle drawing contest with most sales in the month.
Pros
prize entry drawings
Cons
job security
ok job best part is that its work from home opportunity
Technical Support Representative II (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOApril 25, 2014
typical day at work included logging in to all systems and phone at the same time. I did learn a lot from working on the U-verse program but it is very intense and not for someone who doesn't like to do tech support. The hardest part of the job was taking on too many responsibilities for the tech support role including some sales, placing orders, contacting techs (which we don't if you are suppose to be tier 1) and listening to rude customers who curses you out on a daily basis because there service is always out with u-verse. Even get calls right off the bat for customers who just want to speak with a supervisor because they don't what to talk to someone on your level. I most enjoyable of all is that i got to work from home. But even that was getting boring because sometimes I would just like to take the drive to the office and be around other co-workers. They do have good benefits but the pay per hour for all the work that we did in tech support is not worth it unless you are looking to make extra money. However they do work with your schedule if you are in school so I would recommend if you are a college student. Management really depends on who you get most of my managers were great people not snobby at all and was welling to go the extra mile to make you the best you can be. My managers always recommended me for other opportunities.
Pros
work from home
Cons
shorts breaks and lunch
Convergys was a great place to work and provided a positive work atmosphere.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 6, 2015
My goal on any job that I have is to learn new things. I learned how to help customers with issues that they had with their products and walked them through the process to fix or program their equipment. If I wasn't able to fix the issues, they were having I set up appointments to have a technician to come to their home to resolve or replace their equipment. I was able to sale updated equipment and products for the customers as well that better suited their needs.
The management was very supportive and held weekly meetings to keep us updated with issues that were going on and informed us with new technology that was available for our customers.
The coworkers were great to work with and also were informative to questions or problems that I had trouble resolving issues with for our customers.
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place and the many incentives that they had to increase our pay and education.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with hostile customers, but with any job that is something that is present and I am very familiar with handling these situations Most of the time after the frustrated customers vented and I talked to them and offered solutions, they calmed down and the issues they were having were resolved.
Pros
great incentives for your sales and commission.
Cons
not enough computers for scheduled employees
Heavy turnover with good reason
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTOctober 6, 2015
My time at Convergys lasted all of two months. It started off fine, but rapidly deteriorated.
The big issues come with trying to help customers resolve their billing problems. You get some support, but not nearly enough. One of my favorites came with a customer who had been fighting a huge bill for over two months.
There were things I wasn't allowed to say, and the only adjustment I was allowed to give barely made a dent in what was owed. I was so mad and bothered over it I went to the break room and broke down. I left for the rest of that day.
And they come down on you hard if you log off, even for the briefest moments, other than for breaks. Can't be silent for too long on the phones, either.
Supervisors beg already overworked employees to work overtime on a daily basis and go up and down the aisles cheerleading for more TV and broadband sales.
When you're trying to hear your customers in the midst of the din, I knew it was no longer for me. The job of a call center agent is not for everyone.
One of our local radio stations shows up once a month to do a live broadcast to assist with recruiting for new employees. That's another bad sign of what working there was like.
If you had a second job, good luck getting them to give you a schedule that enables you to do both. I had hassles from the start and was asked to work alternating weekends.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Weekend hours, insistence on overtime, strict rules, unsupportive leaders
Stable company always looking for new talent.
Customer Service Agent II (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 9, 2013
Over all, not a bad company to work for. Due to economic downturn and changes in the overall structure and relationship between partners, agents are no longer able to make what was possible just 4 years ago. ( I will actually make less this year then last.) It is how ever a very stable job.) Changes were necessary to remain profitable and keep the stock holders happy. I could get on a soapbox about that but will refrain at this time.

If you are well motivated, well disciplined, have thick skin and like to work in a fast paced environment, then this may just be the job for you. SLACKERS NEED NOT APPLY!

If you do not plan on moving up with this company, then this would be a good transactional job.

There are always new opportunities to move up in the ranks as well as opportunities in other cities around the world. I know of several people that have moved to other sites in this country. Some were offered a move, some requested. I know of one lady that will work at a site for a year or 3 and then request to move to a different site.
Pros
good benifits, plenty of parking, smoking area (i don't smoke), easy to move up in the organization. 45 minute lunch.
Cons
you may be held accountable for someting out of your control, this can impact your income and longevity. frequent schedual changes, frequent internal and external company policy changes that you must adjust for. (hey, its the nature of the business.)
Huge Turnovers
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAApril 27, 2015
Convergys is a company that hires home agents. I started with Convergys November of 2011 - June of 2014. Three years - not one raise. My job was to do customer service for Amazon. I had already had experience with Customer Service and being on the phones, answering questions, checking on payment methods, checking orders, updating payment methods, reconciling disputes about payments etc. I was proficient and experienced with what I was doing. Also multitasking with CSC (customer service central) and other internal programs. That was a typical day. The management was poor. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep customer surveys at 90% or above. If a customer called in and was in a bad mood, no matter how nice you are, they would give you a no on your survey. Nothing you can do as to what they select. So because my customer satisfaction survey was at 80%, I was fired. The enjoyable part of my job was talking to the customers. All walks of life are on the other end of that phone. You learn how to listen. Listening is a skill. It's extending empathy when needed. Understanding what they are requesting. I enjoyed that very much. Convergys in the end lost their contract with Amazon. They do have many 500 fortune clients, but Convergys themselves needs to revamp the management. Many long hours, especially holidays. I learned to be very patient with customers.
Pros
an hour lunch, Estart (time card) Benefits.
Cons
lag, raises, management
Working for Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 27, 2014
Convergys is all about exceptional customer service to customers who call in with questions and concerns about their Comcast accounts. Customers are very important to every company. For this reason, it is important to develop a great relationship with them. I have learned how to identify customer needs by having conversations with the many customers who I have assisted while working for this company.
The management in Convergys stresses weekly goals for sales, average handle time, productivity, along with many other goals we are required to meet as a site. Managers have to make sure all employees are getting trained properly in order to be able to reach these goals.
I have met numerous people in this job. Some of them are now close friends of mine. It has been a journey and I have enjoyed meeting new people very frequently.
Personally, the hardest part of the job was when I did not have much experience in the production floor. I was not used to have so many goals to meet. After I mastered everything, the job became much more simple and the goals became much easier to achieve.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the goals which are required and then being recognized for it. It is a feeling of satisfaction to know the company is being successful because of successful team work from all the employees.
Pros
paid time off, paid sales, recognition for hard work
Overall not a good place to work
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 19, 2014
My experience at Convergys was terrible! I would advise no one to work there! Yes, it may be the typical call center environment. However, they make no effort to ensure a good work culture.

Countless times I have reported to work, only to find that the shift had been overstaffed, and I had no station at which to work. The resolution to this issue would be to have all the excess agents sit in a room to await an available work station. The worst part is the inability to clock in during these times. Furthermore, there have been many times that not only was I unable to clock in on time due to this inconvenience, but my time was never adjusted to reflect that I reported to work on time. Many employees have assumed incorrect attendance violations due to this.

The culture is sour! From management down to the janitorial staff - everyone seemed miserable and unhappy. The lighting in the building is dim and gloomy. In times of questions or need for support, management was consistently "missing" and unavailable. Most times, if there were an available supervisor on the floor, he/she was so disinterested in anything you had to say. They would ask "where is your supervsor?" My answer would always be, "I wouldn't be asking you, if I knew where he was."

Convergys also provides bare minimum facilities in which to work. But, that would be the least of concerns for a Convergys employee.
Pros
they pay
Cons
they exist