Convergys

4.7K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Active work place
Customer Service and Sales Agent-Humana Project (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Lunch room
Cons: Fights on the floor and unorganized
The job was easy, it was the lack of respect for the management and rules by others that made this job impossible to work. I was there for a short time but three fights broke out on the call center floor, – more... arguments you name it. Its hard to stay focus and engaged with your customers when you have foolishness going around on a daily. My manager was new to the company and she was on the same level as we were. It wasn't the best experience. – less
Bad Company
Phone Operator (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: A lot of hours
Cons: Very corupted place
They dont keep there word in what they promice you, and they will push you to sell even though the cust. does not want anything.
Fast Paced Learning Enviroment
Technical Support, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: lots of software problems
While employed at Convergys (formerly known as stream) My job was to assist my customer in any way possible to deliver the best customer service experience they've ever had . In doing this I performed – more... multiple tedious tasks daily including technical support, customer service, retention, trouble shooting and i was also there to answer any other software or device issues they may have encountered. Lastly my ultimate goal was to first fix the customer and then focus on fixing the problem – less
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: I was able to travel and help other sites with recruiting.
Cons: Cost of benefits was high.
Convergys gave me the tools to advance within the company. I worked with many great people. I enjoyed meeting new people with my job and learning about them. The hardest part was meeting requisitions of 20 people a week but I was able to complete the training classes.
VERY QUEIT AND RELAXED JOB
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Valdosta,GAJuly 20, 2015
WORKING AT THIS JOB HAD ITS PROS AND CONS. I DID ENJOY AND LEARNED ALOT FROM WORKING AT THE CALL CENTER. IF YOUR ABLE TO WORK AROUND LOTS OF PEOPLE AND ABLE TO DEAL WITH SOME NICE AND VERY ANGRY CUSTOMERS I DO AGREE THAT THIS WILL BE A GOOD JOB FOR YOU
Not a great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Trainwer was great for the time and material given to her
Cons: extrememely stressful position
I was part of the work from home contract taking calls for a wireless cellular service. Was a very stressful job with little training and was difficult to obtain support with the work from home experience. Callers were difficult and always angry.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2015
I enjoyed my stay at Convergys! It was a learning experience that I have used in my other work positions. I had a great relationship with my co-workers and boss. We had fun after work and maintain a friendly relationship with the rest of the teams on our floor.
Work at home experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Work at home, day shift, pay was great, plus health benefits.
Cons: Training was rushed, not dealt with properly.
This job was work from home which was a wonderful experience, until the first contract ended and I was transferred to a new contract which had never had any experience in training employees virtually. – more... Also, the information that was given about being worked with if the requirements of the training were not met such as if you did not meet the handle time requirement you would be worked with until you met that requirement. As an overall experience it was great until the last few months when I was going thru training when I was promised help in learning the new material and never received it and was told I would not lose my job if the requirements were not met but instead I would be worked with more closely. – less
Awesome Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTJuly 19, 2015
Amazing workplace. I was paid great, management was great. I loved working here and I wish it wasn't able to stay here. It was survey conducted every 8 years.
great at first then will do anything to screw you over.
Customer service/retention. (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: free DirecTV.
Cons: managment, short breaks, pretty much everything.
It's great for about 4 months than you have to start watching your checks, they will get smaller and smaller. I worked over 20 hours of overtime to earn attendance points back and my check was smaller – more... than 400$. That's not even possible with a 10.50$ an hour job, then they didn't even give me back my points. I didn't receive a final check and I called them and they said I didn't work that month when I was terminated at the end of the months for points and I had a bonus of 30$ bucks but no check. How did I have a bonus that month if I didn't work? – less
Okay place to work if you don't have an outside life.
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2015
I worked there for awhile it is an okay place to work, but you never have time for your family. They are very strict and the managers are sometimey. There is no room for advancement.
fun and easy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJuly 17, 2015
Nice people. everybody will help you and feel safe always have extra hours to work and be able to submit vgh to go home early
Easy going
Customer service associate (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 17, 2015
They're very easy going. Not to strict. Very hard on attendance policy. Don't care about personal problems. Have a cafeteria. The trainers are very nice. training is 5 weeks. Attendance is required. Need a lot of patience dealing with calling customers.
call center
CRG/Customer Service/Retention (Former Employee), valdosta, gaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: pay was goods
Cons: short breaks, management let there friendships interfer with the job
inbound calls and out bound calls, disconnect service, saved service, troubleshoot equipment,. the managers let their personal relationship interfere with their job.that has alot to do with the big turn over they have. i love worker with my co workers ...the hardest job about the job was and attending to the customer but not knowing if you will have a job the next day.
You can't trust them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Layton, UTJuly 16, 2015
Pros: decent insurance
Cons: horrible management. thoughtless they lie to you
They start out OK. But they change your schedule, they will reduce your incentive pay. I worked for them for five years.there were no perks for staying with the company. Upper management will lie to – more... you and break promises. My last year I was earning less than I did my first year. I met all my sales goals and performance goals. And I still earned less. If you are making any kind of incentive pay they will make changes so that you earn less. They do not care about you at all. You are just a number to them. – less
Fast Paced Environment
Traffic Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good First Step in Call Center Enviorment
Cons: Contract Position Limitations
The Job description was clearly defined along with expectations for a successful career path. Unfortunately my position was sent offshore.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at Convergys for me consisted of answering calls. The part that I liked least about this position was all the down time. We were not very busy and could only receive calls. There was nothing else to do. I like to stay busy at work, or as busy as I can. The part I liked the most was that we were able to move around and meet other people within the company.
Great place to gain experience
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), CharlotteJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Overtime, Overtime, Overtime, long lunch breaks
Cons: Irate customers, micromanagement, unprofessional supervisors, Call Center politics
I had relocated to Charlotte and Convergys was the first company that hired me. I thought being a call center job that I would hate every minute of it, but I took it because I needed the money. Well to – more... my surprise I ended up enjoying the job a lot. My coworkers were great, I ended up meeting some fantastic people who I'm still in contact with today.

I worked for OnStar helping customers with directions, roadside assistance, setting up new accounts, upselling when possible. Overall not a bad place to work if you are in need of employment. I only left because ultimately I found a better position in my field of expertise. Otherwise I would've stayed.

P.S. yes the average age of the workers is very young, but there are also many older workers as well. The management leaves a lot to be desired, too many favorites/cliques with office politics at play big time.

Increase the professionalism on the floor, and morale will increase. – less
worst place to work ever
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 15, 2015
I used to love working at convergys. Until maybe a few months in. Everything changed, people were getting fired left and right because of the changes the company made itself. They are constantly writing people up for doing things they were trained to do. And they promise you incentives and benefits and bonuses but you never receive them.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: the hours
The work environment is great the best part is being able to work form home. You have the ability to work for several different companies if work is available
Industry