Convergys Employee Reviews

Fairly nice environment for a call center
Tier 2 Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2017
I worked with a large tech company contracted out to Convergys. My office mates weren't the kind to start any drama, and they were for the most part laid-back and a bit nerdy.
I did appreciate that the company would buy us lunch frequently, but having to work during the holidays wasn't the greatest.
Overall it wasn't a terrible place.
relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 9, 2017
Working at convergys was excellent the training was quick comprehensive and the training staff/management and supervisory staff was on the job. the team management style was very professional and relaxed. They were willing to work with you on any manner of things.
fast pace, good pay
Business Class Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 9, 2017
Great training for each role, amazing management team always ready to help, fair point system in place for emergencies, fun place to work with very excellent benefits and pay.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, great management, great career advancement opportunities
Cons
customers can be very impatient and unkind, very crowded work environment, communication with techs is sometimes difficult due to abbreviations
Fun
Technical support/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 9, 2017
Working at convergys was fun and we met a lot of nice people that helped each other. Even the management was very helpful and on our side when it came down to what needed knowledge wise.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
short breaks
CE is NOT king
Dell Pro Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2017
The customer experience is what the management says is the most important think, but agents arg given little or no case management time to take care of the customers. Often times they are given no time to call customers, or even look over the notes to resolve complicated issues.
Pros
its a JOB; just over broke
Cons
no case management to take care of customers
A fine working place for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 9, 2017
Convergys' management enhanced my skills on how to hande different type of customer's. They meet my expectations as a company, They provide events that an employee can stress out \ exhaust all the issues that they met. The hardest part would be handling a customer complain /s, but that's fine with me since it was our job. This is a good start whoever finds a stable job, specially for the fresh graduates.
Pros
They provide allowances for meal and transportation
Cons
Short breaks are paid, amenities are fine ( Gym)
Temporary
Telemarketer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTNovember 8, 2017
Calling current AT&T customers and trying to upgrade their landline with AT&T long distant plans. Different packages to offer clients depending on their needs or wants.
Pros
Great Entry Level
Cons
Temporary Contract
Go live in Alaska with a grizzly bear instead of working at Convergys!
toilet scrubber (Former Employee) –  timbucktooNovember 8, 2017
You are given an intense job dealing with vicious angry customers--but not the tools or support to get it done right. Avoid this place like they had the plague. The software programs were put together with bubble gum and chicken wire and are constantly going down and it will often take a month or more to get that one back up. Or they replace it with software that is pure junk. Sure you need a job--but not this one!
Pros
The agents on the floor are the best people on earth.
Cons
Not enough space to write them all.
Great work family but bonus structure was decreased.
Customer Service Retention/Sales (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 8, 2017
Better than ok place to work but not great.bonuses not so good anymore.work family great, learned alot,enjoyed resolving cust issues,very flexible schedules..
Pros
Mgt mentors success, great work family
Cons
Bonus structure decreased
stressful
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2017
Answering and being on the phone all day and having to deal with angry customers was stressful. Taking an emergency call was scary and having to calm the person down was stressful and overwhelming. I would have weekly meetings with my manager about call times and what I could do better. There was so many people that worked there it was hard to get to know anyone. I didn't like being on the phone all day or staring at a computer screen all day.
Pros
lunch hour
Cons
shortbreakes
I enjoyed my time there
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 8, 2017
The people there are generally great. Theres a cafe where you can get food, video games in the break room upstairs, and a nap room down stairs. The training is generally thorough. Their used to be job security, but these days i doubt theyll still be there another 2 years. They lost 3 of i think 5 contracts this year alone and management is top heavy. Theyre flexible if they like you though.
Pros
Good people and benefits
Cons
Probably wont last much longer
Convergys
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2017
i would not recommend to work here.I haven't learned anything but not to work at a call center. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to my classmates..
Pros
uncapped overtime
Cons
cell center and rude customers
Technical Support
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, BILLING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 8, 2017
Educational and excellent training , Overtime optional gives you a chance to make more money. Work with a lot of nice people in the community and aslo selling a great product which is Directv.
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
Not much for advancement unless you are in the military.
Good environment
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 8, 2017
Great people to work with and good environment. Everything is very straight forward and easy. If you're looking for a place to move up in Convergys is where it's at.
file style at work
Team Lead, Network Infrastructure Development (Former Employee) –  Team LeadNovember 8, 2017
Healthy workplace, Every one can give you new ideas and new knowledge and the management are very easy to work weed very engaging to there employees. In terms of workplace ethics its very culture related they have respect to each other. One of the hardest part of the work is finding a word hard because every one are willing to held a hand.
Pros
free sleeping quarters
Cons
no free lunches
Hardwork but Nice Pay
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 7, 2017
Convergys was a very competitive but lenient workplace that did understand other things happen in life. The pay was great the only con was the hours. Not having the ability to get part-time was sad.
managment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NY 13601November 7, 2017
Management and training staff are all very friendly. Most of the training staff or recruitment staff is at the door every morning to greet everyone as they come in
Overall a great place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 7, 2017
In a technical support role, you can expect it to be difficult, but there are SEVERAL avenues to get the help you need. Alot of room for advancement as they promote from within.
Will not place opinions on this site
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 7, 2017
I will not place my opinions about Convergys on this site at this time. I am no longer living in the state of Florida. I have moved back to Syracuse. I will be moving back to Florida in the near future.
worked on phone
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 7, 2017
trobleshooter of internet connection many calls from customers with internet problem learn how the internet work. good culture. dealing with difficult callers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.