Convergys
4,515 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

bad inviroment
Collection agent (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJune 10, 2015
Very unprofessional environment. Mangers where young and immature. Jobs is good with keeping its full time hours available.
great job
❸ AT&T Sales and Services (Former Employee), mcallen, txJune 10, 2015
Pros: FUN
Cons: none
Super fun and very enjoyable i would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun job the only bad things was the schedule and that the place closed down.
Customer Service and Sales
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Work at homeJune 10, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: No room for advancement in our dept.
A typical day at work was answering inbound calls from customers who had issues with their service.

I learned all about the products and company's policies and procedures.

Co-workers were virtual. However wonderful to work with.
Hardest part of the job was at times it could be stressful with the call volume. It was important to remain professional and try not to get overwhelmed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is I enjoyed speaking with everyone all over the country.
No incentive big enough to take the abuse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDJune 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
All it was every day was getting yelled at by customers that had been misinformed about what they were getting and for how much. Management was never satisfied with my performance, even though I gave quality performance rather than quantity. Moving up was difficult. The hours I was being given conflicted with my class schedule, and there was nothing management would do about it.
Fun job, no one survives.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTJune 9, 2015
Pros: Very fun, talk to many people, free coffee.
Cons: No morals, and be expected to be out of work in 5 months.
It seems like everyone inside of Convergys gets let go every 5 months, which I'm sure had nothing to do with the bonus you got after 6 months of working there.

Was a fun experience, I learned a lot about selling to a customer, and about customer service as a whole, but be forewarned that should you not sell on a call where the woman is crying due to her house being broken into, and not having any way to pay her bill till she gets a new card... Well, you will be written up for not explaining to her how amazing the tv service is.
fun workplace with games and prices
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 9, 2015
Pros: lots of OT always available
Cons: does NOT have good employee benefits
fun workplace with games and prices.

always prices to be won for goals.

always incentives for a job well done

a company that believes in compensation and commision on top of base for a job well done.

ONLY 10 minute breaks
The company is fun and open with training and advancement opportunities, and is casual with there policies, however very professional.
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORJune 8, 2015
Pros: In-company advancement, close proximity to many restaurants, entertainment galore, no dress code and limited desk policies.
Cons: No tolerance to lateness, uninterested management, loose position guarantee.
The company works by hiring clients and providing the clientele customer's with friendly and effective technical support. I was hired on in 2012 and very quickly fell in love with the companies, procedures and work loads. The company starts by offering a paid 2 weeks training course that easily fits you into your new role. A typical day at the job, included taking numerous calls from customers all around the world, our position required that we not only master all the possible issues that could arise with the consoles and devices we supported, but also provide friendly service and ensure the customer leaves feeling not only satisfied with the support, but also leaving with more than they expected to receive on the onset of the calls.

They are a friendly company that will constantly have peer reviews, to keep you on track and ensure that you are providing the best experience for every customer interaction. They also provide open opportunity advancement, from within the company, so that if an employee wished to move up or to another department they could do so at any time.

The company also has a lunch room with plenty of entertainment, including a built in cafeteria, a Pool Table, a TV with limited channel surfing, and multiple gaming consoles with various games. They host weekly and monthly events constantly and are always enticing agents to go above and beyond to acquire unique rewards along the way.

During my stay with the company I acquired skills in computer technical repair, hardware support, psychological management, software technical repair and troubleshooting – more... skills, and I was also being groomed for a time in management, I had also spent a great deal of time training new employees.

The only downside I found with the company, is that the manager's are very lax, and not very attentive to details. The majority of the management positions do not last long and are often lost and gained very quickly, due to the open nature of the position, you as an agent can be forced to move to schedules and departments, that you may not have been interested in due to the loss and gain of clients. – less
Unprofessional work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free Direct T.v
Cons: Upper management
The job was very simple and self explanatory I took Inbound calls for Direct T.V. such as answering customers question and or helping them with either adding the product to account or taking it off plus adjusting there bill if it was high. My co-workers were nice and my direct supervisor was enjoyable to work with. The hardest part about the job was the roamers they would yell while we were calling our customers. The most enjoyable thing about the job was when I sold the product for the company I would get incentive or a bonus.
Productive and Fun workplace with Cafeteria.
Customer service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 8, 2015
It was an awesome place to work at because all the people are great. Overall I would say it was a Productive and Fun workplace with Cafeteria.
They don't care for your well being
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, paid time off, benefits, ping pong table
Cons: Expensive healthcare, micromanagement, 8 seconds between calls, rude customers
Convergys hires anyone so their turn over rate is really high. Half the people you work with are extremely incompetent. It's pretty easy to move up in the company to a team leader or senior advisor, as long as you have good attendance and are besties with your manager. If you're absent because you were in the hospital for 6 days, they treat it the same as if you just didn't feel like coming to work for 6 days, which isn't fair to the people with legitimate reasons as to why they weren't at work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping new customers learn to use their products, and the hardest part was when you got a customer who was extremely rude. Overtime is usually available but if you need less than 40 hours they'll give you a hard time about it.
Productive and Fun Work Enviroment with a Ping Pong Table
Team Leader (Current Employee), Sergeant Bluff, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Ping Pong Table, Video Game Systems, and Relationships
Cons: Location to ammenitys
Come in to being greeted by a friendly face that genuinely wants to know how I am doing. Go to work in a field that I am very knowledgeable of. Help customers with a product that is fun and ever changing.

Through the day I also have the opportunity to play on video game systems that are placed in the area for my breaks, lunches, before, or after work.

I have been able to develop friendly relationships with my co-workers and makes coming to work to see them enjoyable.

As for compensation that is an ever growing issue everywhere but this company seems to always been concerned to meet my needs as much as they can.

As for lunch there is a lack of places close for food. The main area with multiple options is a 5 min drive back towards Sioux City. There are places nearby but seem to get old fast.
Fun place to Work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Sergeant Bluff, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Incentives, Team Activities, Great Managers, Great Clients, Great Break Areas, Free Gaming
Cons: Pay, Hours
I have been with Convergys (formally Stream) since 2012. I have really enjoyed my time here and have had the opportunity to support multiple contracts. The best thing about the company are the people I work with. My manager is always there to help me and tries to make things fun for us.

There are always activities going on around here from gaming tournaments to cookouts. The management team really goes out of their way to make this a great place to work.

The hardest part of the job can be the schedule, however if you perform you can usually bid for better shift every couple months. The starting wage for this work if fair, however I always would like to earn more. You can earn monthly bonuses based on hitting your goals which is great.
productive and team oriented
Customer Service (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHJune 7, 2015
Pros: unlimited hours
Cons: work at home
I love working for convergys it has accommodate me to be a stay at home mother as well as provide for my family. I am now able and willing to work outside my home and get back into a call center
Challenging, Dynamic Environment
Global Support for Training Delivery and Execution (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2015
Fast paced, ever changing environment. Tons of on the job training and real life experience. Excellent front line training.
Average
Team Lead (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 7, 2015
Working for Convergys would be average experience and the pay was decent. Enjoyed the people I worked with on a day to day operation.
not all fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: salary and commision
Cons: points system is not right
This company is trying to launch the English side of the DTV account. The point system is ridiculous, you get sent home sick and receive points, you come to work with a doctor or hospital note and still receive points. They don't expect you to have issues that may come up on a day to day bases. like life doesn't through you little challenges.
Inconsistant; Unorganized; No follow up
Customer Service (Former Employee), Murray UtahJune 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits and free DirecTV service
Cons: Inconsistant scheduling, the point system, zero replies to emails sent to team leads or supervisors, irrelevant training.
The initial interview took 4 1/2 hours. The schedule for the DirecTV project literally changed day to day and can vary any where from 15 minutes to an hour. If you are so much as 1 minute logging in late (even if it is due to the computer running slowly), you get a quarter of a point. These can add up and result in termination. The training does not even remotely cover what you will actually be doing on the floor. and you receive virtually no assistance from team leads. And the Team Leads, supervisors, and scheduling team absolutely do not respond to emails and based on my personal experience, they do not address or fix the issues that are relayed to them that need to be addressed or fixed (computer issues, system errors, application issues, time keeping, etc).
The hardest part of the job was upselling. When you have a customer calling in extremely upset about their bill being too high it is virtually impossible to convince them to add something that is going to cause the bill to go up even further, and your stats go down if you can't do it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it does have pretty good benefits and you get free DirecTV service.
Good company to work for if just starting in the work force.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great celebrations for certain holidays.
Cons: Not complimenting of the workers
I answered providers on what they asked for. Hardest part of the job is not being able to go to the restroom when you needed to.
Fun workplace with schedule flexibility
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: two breaks between lunch
Cons: 30 minute lunch
Training environment is fun, you meet a lot of new people and coworkers are very helpful. There are tv's and game consoles that you can use during your lunch break and a refrigerator and microwaves, so you can take your own food if you don't want to spend money at restaurants.
no go
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYJune 4, 2015
jod security is not a plus for convergys they go thru people left and right so noone feels like they can breath there i have mand numerious complaints on my tl none have been addresses

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries