Convergys
4,177 reviews

Convergys United States Employee Reviews

great oppurtunity
Responsibilities/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), heathrow flApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed working with customers daily as well as the people around me. they offered many different positions but i enjoyed my job title.
Management problems.
Sales Correspondent (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: management will find a way to terminate you if you dont do exactly as they want when they want
This is a nice paycheck for a job. Not to difficult. The problems you will find is a lot of the management is corrupt. You either get on their good side or you will find yourselves in their crosshairs until they find a reason to terminate you. They will indeed find a reason and it can be any reason they want. Other than the management and floor managers who in most cases have no clue how to properly handle a account or customer the team leaders are generally good.
work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Baton RougeApril 8, 2015
my typical day was answering phones I learned a lot management and co workers were nice I did not find anything hard about the job
Great workplace
Technical support (advanced), ATT (Former Employee), Heathrow FloridaApril 8, 2015
Pros: easygoing managers, employees
Cons: hours, shift change availability.
The workplace itself and the people there are great! the main thing that got to me was the over-night hours. was unable to maintain due to having a child/family to take care of. I learned all the ins, and outs of ATT wireless and troubleshooting. typical day at work was a little slow until the rush times between 1-3am when people started calling. would maintain avg 10-20 mins in-between calls.
Diverse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
It was a chance to get to know people from different walks of life and also get to know the different personalities and how people handle the issues they are faced with.
Review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: I had a job
Cons: Hourly pay
There is always room for improvement not one of the top places I really enjoyed working at. I didn't enjoy the pay that we were getting paid, the job was ran poorly including management.
Time at Convergys
Customer Account Executive/Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2015
Overall company was okay to work for but company needs to pay more all duties requested from employees. Companies should follow through with pay outs and bonuses.
Friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2015
The staff was friendly and the training course was very comprehensive in the two weeks it covered. I was unhappy about the lack of schedule flexibility.
Fun workplace, felt valued and family oriented
Team Leader II (Former Employee), 3701 W Loop 289 Lubbock, Texas 79407April 7, 2015
Pros: Family oriented, respect, integrity, was valued at this company
Cons: pay was not really great
Great place to work, family oriented, I felt very respected and valued at Convergys.
1. Interviewed and tested qualified candidates for Bilingual program.
2. Implemented first Bilingual department for AT&T.
3. Trained and managing a team of up to 34 agents.
4. Ensuring good customer service is provided to customers.
5. Ensuring agents were meeting all client metrics.
6. Quality evaluator for the Lubbock Bilingual/English departments and Halifax, call centers.
7. Monitored calls to ensure call quality.
8. Create spreadsheets for reporting of client metrics on a daily/weekly basis.
9. Made sure payroll was accurate and approved.
10. Data entry of all reports, monitors, etc..
11. Created schedules of daily duties for all my peers to follow.
12. Facilitate meetings with Team Leaders and Managers.
13. Implemented Time Management schedule for my peers.
14. Coordinated special events/functions for the company.
15. Coordinated fundraisers for various charity functions.
16. Handled calls from irate customers.
Lay Off
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Pharr, TxApril 7, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: Management
High stress environment, constant management overlooking you, daily(sometimes twice a day) coaching, seemed like they want to fire you before they lay you off enjoyed listening to music while working, i learned that some jobs can make make you work too hard, co-wokers were pleasant and helpful
Enjoyable and friendly
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 7, 2015
I would help customers with billing and tech support for their tv service. In the past with the company handled complants regarding loss of mail and contacting them with the result of a investigation.
Fun environment to work in
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Comfortable dress code, very rewarding incentives, very social atmosphere
Cons: Limited workspace
My time with Convergys was pretty great. The training was lengthy and thorough enough to not overwhelm me when I finally went to the floor. The team leaders I got to work with worked hard to make the typical day-to-day easier for all of us to deal with. The work itself was always an opportunity to either learn a new facet of the job, or refine another. I value my time spent here and were it not for the commute difficulties, I would still be working there to this day.
My time at Convergys.
Android Technical Support and warranty department (Former Employee), Arnold, MOApril 5, 2015
Pros: Pay, hours, easiness of the job
Cons: Management
Convergys was a great place to work when it comes to the pay. I was very much able to keep current on my bills and rent, but it was very stressful as I had to work overtime. With little to no sleep or free time, I was burnt out very quickly and the management did little to nothing to support me. You are but a drone for this company.
Only if You Have No Other Option
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2015
Pros: Job stability (at a cost)
Cons: No work-life balance, poor healthcare options, camradarie limited
Good place to get some experience for resume -- but get it and move on. Convergys will exploit a solid work ethic. Management tears you down without building you up, cultivating the idea that you are either slow or stupid. Performance metrics must always be improving and it is all up to you to figure out. Management does nothing to support how to do more and more and more work with less and less budget, leading you to do work on your own time when you should be with family and friends -- just so your metrics perpetually improve.
Don't work here
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOApril 3, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: equipment always goes down
This work place is not very well organized. The environment is filthy and not professional. They only care about someone sitting in a seat. The quality of the call or the customer service is not really care about. For those that actually do their job, they are treated badly. They only promote their favorites, not those that are qualified.
'
ok
Technical Support Desk (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLApril 3, 2015
terrible company to work for....low pay and a bunch of kids from highschool working here and not caring.....and you dont get raises
really great for a first job and a really fun place to work
New Hire Coach (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYApril 2, 2015
As a first job this was a great way for me to learn to talk to people and get some great customer service experience. working here I also learned the value of a good work ethic becuase as a server working for tips what you earn is directly impacted by how hard you work. On top of all the great experience is really is a fun place to work and in my experience just a great company to be a part of.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: Learning how to troubleshoot
Cons: Didnt like it because it was hard especially on my own.
I liked this job because I made some great new friends. It was overall a good company just wasn't for me. Learned a lot of great way to use tools to fix customers phone and internet.
Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Logan, UTApril 2, 2015
Pros: raffles
Cons: expensive insurance
The work environment is OK, for this company. The only down fall that I would give them, is not holding up to their word. I mean, they tell you that if you have a family emergency or your car breaks down. that they will work with you. They do not work with you, and they are never their when you need them. The management team is only their on weekdays, and non-existent on weekends.
It is a fun workplace, but I would like changes and move up.
Coaching Consultant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2015
I have worked at Convergys for 19years and been in many positions. Right now I am the lead coach, which consists of: tracking attendance, training, quality, coaching the coaches to help them with the transition agents, trends tracker, run 3 debriefs a day based on the trends or questions the new agents have, make sure the TL's meet their agents, get the agents ready for production while they are in transition.
I have learned how to be patient, show empathy and team work. Team work is something I focus on to getting every one involved to be in a happy mood for the day to help us have good customer service and to help each other out.
All employees should help one another to help improve customer service skills and build the company. If we want to be happy, get bigger, make more money, then we need to help each other out and have good team work.
The hardest part of the day is when a technical issue is happening to our customers but no alerts or information has been sent out to tell our agents to be aware of the issue and which causes our agents to guess and give out incorrect information. But, I usually can get that fixed because of the confidence that people have in me, due to how long I have worked for Convergys and how I can back myself up with the resources I use.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people with every class we get. I am a social person and love to help people. I may seem nervous in the begining, but that changes quickly.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries