Convergys
2,968 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Great
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2014
Thanks for the opportunity, great environment - nice peers
Horrible place to get involved in
Technical Support Represent vie (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJune 13, 2014
Pros: leaving at end of shift
Cons: everything
negative environment.

no praise for any positive work accomplished.

management cares very little for team members.

going to work each day was the hardest part.

leaving at the end was the only enjoyable aspect of the job.
Basic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2014
good place to start working not long lasting if you like customer service and being on the phone then the company is good
non professional, unorganized, inconciderate
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2014
Covergy's is interesting. I really don't believe in talking bad about a job so i won't do so. I'm only writing this because it is required for whatever reason.
Productive and fun workplace with limited potential for growth within the company.
New Accounts Services Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: the job was not overly stressful and management was not micromanaging you all day.
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement.
On a typical day I would take inbound phone calls from cellular dealers and run credit checks, advise of deposit amount, and activate new phone purchases. Also I performed changes of financial responsibility (transferring a contract from one customer to another)

At the time I was employed there, 3g and line portability was just emerging and I had the – more... benefit of learning all of the new rules and technology associated with this.

The seating arrangements and workload hindered our ability to freely interact with co-workers, however I did make several very good friends that I eventually spent time with outside of the workplace.

I can honestly say the job (NAS, or New Account Services) was not a difficult job and I did not find it hard. Although I didn't exactly feel I was utilizing my full potential and there were limited places to advance within the company. Please keep in mind this may have changed since I last worked there over 10 years ago.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the occasional downtime, it gave us the opportunity to have short breaks in between calls to break the monotony of the repetition. It rarely was back to back calls and that kept stress level low and attitudes fresh to offer the best customer experience possible. – less
Good temporary job while finding something better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2014
They have terrible management. They don't value you as an individual, they treat you like just a number. They advertise job security, but then after a few months the project got shut down and the majority of us were not offered other positions. The people there were nice though.
The Hazelwood Site was like working at a 3rd world country
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2014
Cons: everything
While I worked there, someone was shot on the parking lot.
It took them about six months to fully update and back pay me for a raise that they promised me.
Management? With the exception of one person, I wouldn't dare call any of those people managers.
What can I say? If you happen to be in the St. Louis North County area, and you have nothing else – more... to do with your life, that job may be for you. All others avoid that place like the plague. – less
Good Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), ohioJune 12, 2014
I just did the review on CVG, not sure why its making do another.... I enjoyed my time there goo place to work. Fun people and up beat area.
My Team was my Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 12, 2014
Busy Busy Busy. fast paced job. we had a great team behind us. made our days go by so smooth and quick. management was great, they worked just as hard as we did. best part of my job was the environment very homelike.
Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2014
The best thing I can say about convergys is that I did learn really good customer services skills. My team leader was really good at listening to calls with me and pinpointing what I can do better on the next call. Besides that the pay wasn't really that good. You were supposed to be paid for performance but often it was left out the check. Nobody working – more... together just working against each other. – less
nice wprk enviorment
Cust Serv & Problem Res Rep II (Former Employee), Murray, UTJune 11, 2014
they have a nice work enviorment but they are not flexible if you get a situation like loosing your day care
I really try my best not to think about my time there...
Ace Supervisor (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJune 11, 2014
High stress working environment, you will grow to loathe the sight of this building with every fiber of your being.

Sales methods are unethical, depraved, extremely counter-intuitive, and I'll say it, perverse. The idea of selling television service to angry customers who are calling about their cell phone bills is so insanely idiotic, I can't conceive – more... of anyone who would consider this to even be a rational thought, let alone a reasonable business model.

The lack of communication between management and the regular employees makes this job feel profoundly dismal. The word "incompetent" does not nearly encompass the problems present between upper management and the employees, but because the thesaurus isn't giving any better suggestions, I suppose it will have to suffice.

The bottom line is this: Convergys will use you until you are a shell of a human being, and once they have drained the life force from your veins, they will toss you out into the street. Your morals will be compromised, your stress levels will be tested, your ability to gauge right from wrong will be blurred, and you will end up wondering how you managed to get yourself into such a predicament. But if you need to make a living and no one else will hire you, then might I say... "Welcome to Thunderdome." – less
It is a Call Center
Bayer Diabetes Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTJune 10, 2014
Pros: lax dress-code
Cons: no progression
I took in-bound calls for a company that moved their operations to a Convergys-owned facility in the Philippines. Upper management frequently made decisions that cut lower employees off at the knees. They require us to make bricks but won't provide the water. The job is mindless.
Co-workers
Tech Live Chat Support Agent (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 10, 2014
Cons: short lunches
Worked with a great bunch of people who are now life long friends.
Phone Center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJune 10, 2014
I would provide phone customers service with smart phones that were thought to be warranty defective. Most customers required de-escalation and step by step instructions on reformatting operating software.

I disliked the cubicle atmosphere.

I enjoyed getting the customer deescalated and walking them through step by step procedures for solutions to – more... their wireless device issues. – less
Very High Call Volume
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJune 10, 2014
Unprofessionalism was epic within this company. Every man for themselves, no respect at all.
The team leads and contract were great
Customer Service Representative / Data Entry (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 10, 2014
Pros: steady job, always room for advancement.
Cons: .
Convergys overall was a stable place of employment. The people are who made it a great place to work.
No room to improve
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 10, 2014
At Convergys when one person did something that wasn't in line they changed the rules for everybody. The team leads would change on the regular so the rules were always enforced differently.
Okay pay. Terrible management.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Pharr, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: terrible management
The most difficult part of this job is dealing with the immaturity of management and anyone in a leadership position. I do believe that this is what is driving people away from this company. They need to take a hard look at everyone and everything and re- evaluate their current situation before anything gets any better
Hardworking fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 9, 2014
Hardworking environment but fun! High volume call center, with advancement opportunities

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more