Convergys

5.4K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 4,453 reviews matching the search
Very nice work environment especially for military spouses.
Member Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 21, 2013
Typical day at work included assisting current members with all insurance policies. Taking payments, setting up payment arrangements and assisting with coverage changes to fit their lifestyle and budget. Also assisting potential customers with quotes against their current provider. Offering other products based on the callers needs and wants to have everything in one place. I learned about insurance and what it is needed for in home, auto, renters insurance and how it covers in case something happens. I learned how to explain coverage to members so they also understand what they have and why they have coverage. Educating someone else about something they have no clue about was the best feeling in the world. Management was awesome. Any questions or concerns that were out there were always addressed by management or a team member. My co- workers were always willing to help each other, and it was always a team effort. The hardest part of the job was making sure I always offered other products to members, and sometimes feeling overwhelmed, by pressure to sell the policy. The most enjoyable part was getting the sale and knowing the member would be completely satisfied, and my team mates were great.
Pros
great benefits package and 8 percent match in 401k. having a cafe in the building, and a bank to use.
Cons
stress level was high.
Decent pay, terrible trouble management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2014
Overall the company isn't a terrible place to work. I really enjoyed the fact that we could come to work in comfortable attire and the mildly relaxed environment. What I dislike about the particular location I worked was how terrible the management team was. The people who are now managers are either all close friends outside of work or are related. Therefore causing favoritism and unfair judgement in disciplinary actions. I personally have never gotten in any trouble or had disciplinary actions taken, but I've witnessed how things were handled first hand. I also don't agree with how they treat their customers and expect us to present ourselves to the customers. I feel there are alot of hidden charges and fees the customers were left in the dark about. Which is how we were trained to conduct business. I feel this job would be a great fit for some, but as for myself I feel I would enjoy working either outside or doing something requiring a variety challenges aside from sitting behind a desk all day. The hardest part of my day was sitting still, I have far too much energy to just sit there. The most enjoyable part of my day was talking to a variety of people from all over the country. Some of their stores were quite interesting.
Pros
decent pay, incentives, relaxed environment
Cons
management, deceptive information, how business was conducted
PLEASE DO NOT WORK AT THE UNIVERSITY SITE (ONSTAR)
SUBCRIBER (Former Employee) –  CHARLOTTE, NCApril 10, 2014
THIS JOB WAS VERY DEPRESSING FOR ME. IT WAS SO TERRIBLE AT THAT PLACE THAT I COULD NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE. BUT IF YOU ARE INTO THE GHETTO LIFESTYLE THAN THIS JOB MAYBE FOR YOU. THE WORK AREA IS NASTY AND ITS SAD BECAUSE HOUSEKEEPING WORK SO HARD TO TRY AND KEEP IT CLEAN BUT LIKE I SAID ITS GHETTO. IT IS ONLY A FEW TLs THAT CARE ABOUT YOU THE OTHER ONES DONT CARE ABOUT YOU THEY JUST WANT THEIR NUMBERS TO LOOK GOOD. I WORKED IN SUBSCRIBER BUT I HEARD SOME HORROR STORIES IN SALES. ITS SAD TO SAY BUT AFTER WORKING HERE I DONT EVEN WANT A GM MADE CAR, ITS RIDICULOUS THE KIND OF PHONE CALLS WE WOULD GET ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT THAT DONT WORK OR THEY WERE SENT TO THE WRONG B/C A, THE PREVIOUS ADVISOR DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE REQUEST, B. THEIR SYSTEM IS STUPID AND EITHER HAS THE STREET PLOTTED WRONG OR IT DOESNT HAVE THE STREET IN THERE AT ALL OR IT WOULD NOT POP UP AFTER PUTTING IT IN SEVERAL TIMES, OR C. THE PREVIOUS SUB CANT SPELL AND SENT THEM TO THE WRONG PLACE. THAN THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS IN THE PHILIPPIANS WITH ATTITUDE PROBLEMS WHO DONT DO THEIR JOBS. I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT IM NOT SO I LEAVE YOU WITH THIS EVEN IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO FIND A JOB PLEASE DONT WORK HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT LIKE I DID. GO TO SEVERAL TEMP AGENCIES FIRST TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP YOU. I HAVE A DEGREE AND I KNOW I DIDNT BUILD UP 60K WORTH OF LOANS TO MAKE 10.25 AN HR
Pros
i can type faster
Cons
10.25 an hr i can even afford to pay attention
Productive has Game Room
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 7, 2015
A basic day at the company is clocking in start taking calls you have two fifteen minute breaks and one hour lunch through the course of your shift , I learned top of the line customer service, tech support skills, management is semi ok they can do allot better on educating employees better on benefits. Co-worker are really nice amazing atmosphere. The hardest part is the scheduling and keeping down attendance points they make it so easy for you to get them but hard to drop them off so eventually they have great employees leaving or being let go because of having to many points even though there stats are at top of the performance list and the employee with a bad performance has less points but there stats are awful get to stay , so then it puts the the TL in a hard place and they allot of times have to let some of the best people on there team go. The enjoyable part of the job is actually getting great call from customers who enjoy the experience of the call with you and will want to call back for any assistants.
Another enjoyable part is coming to work seeing people that you enjoy working with ones that motivate you and encourage you on a daily basis people that make you want to come to work knowing there going to teach you something or learn something new for that day
Pros
Events with free health checks, free lunch, health benifets
Cons
scheduling, point system
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 23, 2014
A call center so basically you as the customer service rep will get the wrath of the customers since we are the first to answer for the company. Especially when customers are angry at the company for the charges or dont understand how billing works. You do have to have lots of patience for the many complaints that come in back to back. Management are not really there to assist and I can say that as a former employee, they rely on their chat system and even so to get an answer for a customer takes a long time. Thats why customers say they are on the phone for hours since we as the customer service rep are trying to figure out the answer with Management or fellow staff they are always busy on the chat system, ie...asking who wants to work my shift? where they find housing? whats for lunch? anything but answering a new staff that is not familiar with the company. I hated it every single day I was there. And as far as $500 bonus for part time, Naw that is only for full time employees and you do have to wait 130 days before you get that bonus, if you can last that long with meeting your Metrics, Stats on a daily basis or if not you get a coaching. This job is not for everyone but when there are no other options then you have to take the job, especially when its hard to get a job in the first place.
Pros
good pay, paid training
Cons
no help from management, gotta fake it til you make it
Fast paced ever changing company.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKMarch 6, 2013
Convergys is a very fast paced international company. It provides personnel and technologies for Customer Management companies around the world. I have worked on multiple projects for multiple clients taking inbound customer service calls to help their customers manage various aspects of their personal accounts. You have to be prepared to multi-task - we use many different computer programs and resources to gain information an make account changes to assist our customer. You have to be flexible, all big business is ever changing and you have to be prepared for anything and everything. On a call where you can tell the customer you are assisting is earnestly in need and appreciative of your help, it can be very rewarding. On the downside, the customers who need you the most are generally angry because they have had to take the time to call in and/ or have reasons to be disgruntled and those customer interactions can be frequent, and very challenging. If you feel that you are prepared to embracing those challenges and have the skills and patience to solve such problems for people, this could be a rewarding career for you.
Pros
rewarding social interactions with customers and co-workers. great benefits.
Cons
challenges to your flexibility to customer's needs & company changes, plus uncontrolable schedule constraints can be stressful
Recruiter
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiOctober 3, 2014
Corporate Recruiter (Received a Job Offer for 10k additional income)
--One of the top 3, recruiters of a department of 34, in overall 90 days retention rate of overall placement (81 percent)
--Averages 19-28 open requisitions, at any time, time management is extremely important for recruiting workload
--Total phone calls within one day, for prescreening, formal interviews, can range from 45-85 phone calls daily
--Full cycle recruiting for work-at-home positions, team leaders, trainers, customer service, sales, IT positions, accounting, and call center management/supervisor positions
--Help to implement recruiting tracking form, for fellow recruiters in my department to use, as a template in Microsoft Excel
--Sourcing, Prescreening, Interviewing, background checks administrative help, and hiring personnel
--Assess rehires eligibility; refer new hires, to employee relations when needed for accommodations requests
--Managing training class size, for clients, and helping with creation of scheduling handouts for applicants, tracking training class retention and turnover variances, working with clients to understand recruiting needs for work-at-home related positions, working with the human resource managers to overview training class success rates and graduation rates from training, various other HR related work duties and responsibilities
Convergys
Customer Care/ Tech Support specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at Convergy's starts with trying to find a parking spot. There are 15+ sectors and over 3,000 agents, new hires, clients, staff etc. that work here and drive to work. Once you finally find a parking spot you have to make sure you find a computer and phone that works, clock into it and hope the headset doesn't go out on you during your call. Agents are allowed a 30 minute lunch in which you must get to where you are going and back, consume your lunch, and be back on the phones within that thirty minutes, or bring your food, or shop at the expensive convenient stores in the building. When you are not on lunch you are spending 8 hours in front of a computer screen in an uncomfortable chair. Agents are allotted two 15- minute breaks two hours before lunch and an hour and a half after lunch, which by the time a person is able to walk outside the break is half gone. I have learned the essence of being the barror of bad news and how to deliver it in a more acceptable way than most. My co-workers are amazing. They are always willing to help. The higher ups are rarely ever available and when they are they only have about two minutes to spare with you. The hardest part of the job is being expected to know what you have not been taught. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is the customers. They make my day 10 times better.
Pros
customers
Cons
short lunches
It's a "OK" Job
Customer Service Agent II (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 4, 2015
When I started at Convergys, my 7 weeks of Training was great. My Trainer/Teacher was awesome, and my classmates were great too. After training we moved to the phones, at first they wasn't too bad on us for not pushing sales, but after we got alot of experience on the phones, they expect you to try to make a sale before you end each call. You HAVE to offer a sale, even if the person is very angry, just calling to pay their bill, and you also are required to make a sale to customers calling to cancel lines for deceased loved ones which seems very disrespectful too. EVERY person calling has to be offered a sale in any situation they are calling in for. And when offering sales you have to at least get 3 "No's" from the person. The job is good for someone who likes to be under pressure, patience, and who can deal which people screaming/cursing at you. Its very good Money, and plus you get extra money for your sales that you make. Its not a bad job, just if you can do everything they expect you to do, deal with very angry people 90% of the time, and be pressured to make sales, this is a job for you. Co-Workers are not too bad, but are very cocky and rude to you if you are new to the company. Many people just do the 7 weeks of training and get paid for it and quit after training.
Pros
great pay, some supervisors, enviroment
Cons
other employees are very rude to new people, sales, angry people 90% of the time
Great the first 120 days of employment
Program Ready Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 7, 2013
I was a trainer for almost two years with the company. I was allowed to work 12 hour shifts 7days a week as an agent if the hours were there. Because of my performance I did promote three times in the in the first 6 months ending with Trainer.

I loved working with a new group of agents every three to four weeks. I got to meet a lot of interesting people from diverse backgrounds.

There is a lot of politics in who they promote. My supervisor was going for a job that she had basically been doing from the time she got there and they gave it to a team lead who was never there.

I applied for FMLA due to complications in my pregnancy it took 3 months for my intermittent FMLA to be approved and they never received my continuous FMLA. They said I didn't provide enough documentation saying I couldn't work and fired me while I was pregnant and on FMLA. They didn't fallow the law and are a large enough company with a high turnover rate they get away with a lot.

They still owe me over 20 hours of overtime. My manager when I first started training wasn't doing my time keeping and didn't put me down for all the overtime I worked. This was three years ago.

If there was mandatory overtime the agents sometimes didn't find out until they showed up for their shift.
Pros
over time
Cons
politics, didn't pay you for your time worked, mandatory overtime lack of coaching
Other call centers pay much better.
I did work (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 17, 2015
I worked for Convergys for many years, I can tell you for a call center the pay is way below average, most start you at around $11-14 an hour, Convergys around $9.25 maybe a bit more if you have experience, they say more in their ads, but that is with there bonus thing, that is pretty much impossible to get, if you work the AT&T side they are open 365 days a year, no Christmas or Thanksgiving off, though AT&T employees doing the same job get all holidays off and much higher pay.

You will sometimes get hit with mandatory overtime, meaning if you are a single parent, going to work a second job or go to college be prepared for that if you choose to work there, turnover there is the worst of any company I have ever seen, why they are always hiring, if people are not fired for not meeting their ton of metrics, they wind up quitting due to the work itself, most don't even make it out of training.

The insurance used to be pretty good, now they offer choices, but every provider has the same coverage no matter who you choose, you have to meet the deductible before anything is paid, for the amount it costs, it is very poor.

They do have some good managers, very friendly, but it is a very high stress job as an agent, and for what they pay, I would look around a bit before choosing Convergys.
Pros
Full time, some very nice managers.
Cons
low pay, high stress, benefits not that great.
Inconsistant; Unorganized; No follow up
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murray UtahJune 5, 2015
The initial interview took 4 1/2 hours. The schedule for the DirecTV project literally changed day to day and can vary any where from 15 minutes to an hour. If you are so much as 1 minute logging in late (even if it is due to the computer running slowly), you get a quarter of a point. These can add up and result in termination. The training does not even remotely cover what you will actually be doing on the floor. and you receive virtually no assistance from team leads. And the Team Leads, supervisors, and scheduling team absolutely do not respond to emails and based on my personal experience, they do not address or fix the issues that are relayed to them that need to be addressed or fixed (computer issues, system errors, application issues, time keeping, etc).
The hardest part of the job was upselling. When you have a customer calling in extremely upset about their bill being too high it is virtually impossible to convince them to add something that is going to cause the bill to go up even further, and your stats go down if you can't do it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it does have pretty good benefits and you get free DirecTV service.
Pros
Benefits and free DirecTV service
Cons
Inconsistant scheduling, the point system, zero replies to emails sent to team leads or supervisors, irrelevant training.
proper expectations were not set
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 10, 2014
The pay from this company is decent, but not enough to take the abuse from customers or harassment from managers. In training they make sure you learn the basics while touching base on sales. Once you are out of training the main focus is sales. If you do not meet your daily quota or make an offer on every call your job is in danger. Sales in itself is easy, but when 90% of the customers are angry, yelling and swearing at you, the calls go from bad to worse. Managers get away with inappropriate comments and language which is heard by customers on the phone. Trying to get help while on a call is impossible. While you are waiting for help, you get bombarded by IM's and pop ups saying you have been on the call too long and need to ask for help. Heaven forbid you have to use the bathroom outside of your schedule, because you will be pulled into a coaching and even given points for it. They change your schedule without notice on a monthly basis, and say that you rotate Saturday's but you never do. They don't care about their employees, and are losing many every week. This creates mandatory overtime which further stresses out the remaining employees. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
it provides a paycheck
Cons
manditory overtime for months at a time, poor management, high stress job
Convergys was a great place to work. They offer incentives, benefits, and decent pay. They do lack structure and good management.
Sales Representative for DirecTV (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 14, 2015
Took customer service calls for DirecTV all day. Adjusted customers' bills and programming, customers call in to cancel programming and my job was to try and get them to keep the programming by reselling it. I learned how to handle angry customers on the phone, multi-task better, and a little patience. The management is lacking. There's hardly any structure either. It's frustrating when you have one simple problem that seems fairly easy to fix for management, but no one seems to want to help fix the problem. Hardly any management were on the same page with things. They'd all have different answers, and after a while they'd just blow you off. The co-workers were great. There were all different kinds of people which I loved! People could be themselves there with no ridicule. The hardest part of the job is a tie. The management got very frustrating after short time. The other thing is listening to customers gripe and be verbally abusive all day. Some days it seemed like all the calls people were yelling, cussing, or very unhappy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the money. I would get a bonus once a month for the incentive.
Pros
Good pay, chocolate, benefits
Cons
Management, angry customers
Do not recommend
Resolution specialist (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MONovember 9, 2012
The work is high stress (handling nothing but customer complaints) and the pay is definitely NOT commensurate with the duties. Just in the few months I was there, they kept piling on the duties, but not upping the pay by even one cent. While there was a system in place for rewarding top agents, your chances of being in that top ranking was extremely low and so was your payout. As for schedules, they are outsourced to a location in India and are changed constantly, as in every 15 minutes. This is not an exaggeration; it is a fact. Schedules were changed at the whim of the client (AT & T) and if you didn't keep up with the constant changes you received points against you via the estart system. As for training, I did not feel at all well prepared and often felt as though I had been thrown to the wolves. This was a feeling shared by many of people I worked with that had been hired at the same time as myself. I did have some nice coworkers, but an honest assessment of most of the staff would be that they are largely unhireable at any reputable company. If you think that body piercings of all types, prominent tattoos and exotic hair colors and styles are office appropriate, then Convergys is the place for you; otherwise run the other way. Quickly.
Pros
some nice coworkers
Cons
wages not commensurate with duties; high bs factor

Comment – November 19, 2012

Poorly managed and very unprofessional at times.

Comment – November 19, 2012

Poorly managed and very unprofessional at times.They don,t care about there employes thats why they have a high turnover

Fast paced, client oriented - always busy and fun!
Administrator to Site Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2012
A typical day at work would be coming in and immediately running several reports, setting up the binders for the reports for the day. Checking email for myself and the Site Director, responding and calendaring accordingly. Verifying the schedule(s) for the day. Making sure that all meetings are set and ready to start, all equipment and supplies in the correct spots and ready to use.
Following up with facilities and security for mail, and to check for any problems over night. Continuing through the day are meetings, calendar events, a lot of interpersonal work with clients, agents and team leaders, Operations Managers.

I learned more about how to run a call center, business management, purchasing, advertising - and MUCH more!

Including management there were approximately 500+ employees at the site. I think that this is a great group of very diverse people! I enjoyed working with them!

The hardest part of the job was the anxiety of waiting for an answer from a client on whether or not they are bring business to the site. The preparation and the visits were great fun - but the wait to see how well we 'sold' the site was tough!

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people - I am very personable and treat all of my co-workers as my own customers!
Pros
people, busy
I really try my best not to think about my time there...
Ace Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 11, 2014
High stress working environment, you will grow to loathe the sight of this building with every fiber of your being.

Sales methods are unethical, depraved, extremely counter-intuitive, and I'll say it, perverse. The idea of selling television service to angry customers who are calling about their cell phone bills is so insanely idiotic, I can't conceive of anyone who would consider this to even be a rational thought, let alone a reasonable business model.

The lack of communication between management and the regular employees makes this job feel profoundly dismal. The word "incompetent" does not nearly encompass the problems present between upper management and the employees, but because the thesaurus isn't giving any better suggestions, I suppose it will have to suffice.

The bottom line is this: Convergys will use you until you are a shell of a human being, and once they have drained the life force from your veins, they will toss you out into the street. Your morals will be compromised, your stress levels will be tested, your ability to gauge right from wrong will be blurred, and you will end up wondering how you managed to get yourself into such a predicament. But if you need to make a living and no one else will hire you, then might I say... "Welcome to Thunderdome."
OK place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2015
Compensation was acceptable and they offered the good benefits of health insurance and 401k. Management tried to keep things positive by giving us written statements and certificates about a job well done. They congratulated us with cake and cheerful balloons! Sometimes we had free food offered to us as well. Job Security was not very good. Many people who were full time had their hours cut back to part time. Many people were let go all at once when no longer needed. As soon as business needs picked up, new people were hired. The people who called our inbound call center were usually very troubled about their Secure Horizons product/services. They didn't understand a lot of it and were troubled about certain things. Because most of them were very elderly,they usually spoke very slowly. The call center makes money for each call. Unfortunately, that made the management pressured to pressure us to make each call very fast. The instability and pressure was the hardest part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is whenever I was able to help someone who called and the compliments that I received from Management. The food and balloons too!
Pros
helping people, food, decent pay and benefits. compliments from management.
Cons
employees who were upset, instability and pressure.
Professional work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 13, 2013
A typical work at Convergys starts with ensuring my agent's time cards are completed accurately and correctly at the start of the day. I feel it's very important to ensure my team feels welcome as soon as they walk through the door, and take their seats on the production floor.

Throughout the afternoon, I ensure all of my daily tasks (reports, coaching/developing of agents, agent schedules, etc) are completed.

During my time with Convergys, I learned the importance of the connection between Team Lead and agents. It is impossible to lead someone if you are unwilling to work with them, and take the time to develop them into something more. This is what I truly enjoy about working with Convergys. I thouroughly enjoy seeing the progression of my agent's to SME's or Team Leaders.

My co-workers are also amazing. They are extremely supportive, and we are a cohesive unit working together to accomplish our goals. If I need assistance, or if they do as well, we are always there for each other.

The hardest part of the job is that there aren't enough hours in the day. There is always something left to do tomorrow, but prioritizing is always key.
Pros
recognition for hard work
Cons
with there being so much work in the day, it is difficult to balance personal life and work
I enjoyed working with the company as much as possible.
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 2, 2012
My typical day at work was filled with answering the phone calls of customer with any type of billing issues or wireless issues that we had to correct to make sure the customer is satisfied. I learned that being a customer service representative in a call center isn't the easiest job but I got it done to the best of my ability. My co-workers were some of the most helpful people I could ask for in a job, any time I had a question about an issue with a customer that I wasn't too sure about they were always there to help me solve it and get on with the rest of my day. The hardest part of my job was honestly was dealing with customer's that were being told one thing by a retailer and then calling the call center to fix something we had no control over and getting a bad survey back for customer service which is the most nerve racking thing in the world. The most enjoyable part of my job there was getting to work with my co-workers which made my day go by so much smoother, and getting those few calls with pleasant customers or helping a customer that was displeased in the beginning of the call and having them thank you repeatedly for everything you have done for them.
Pros
all the people that work for that company are an outstanding group of people.
Cons
upset customers