Convergys
3,711 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Partially relaxed environment for a mostly easy job
Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 27, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch, relaxed environment and co-workers.
Cons: some of the management, required overtime.
Typical work day for here was pretty easy, go in and clock in then just wait for a phone call to come in since it was a telecommunications job, answering questions about billing and services all shift. Most of the management was helpful and relaxed but some of them were rather testy about the job in general, the co-workers were pretty care-free too and just went through the day doing their job. The hardest part about it though I would have to say is the numbers we had to meet each month, sometimes it was harder due to the economy changing though. The most enjoyable part though was probably the co-workers, if it was a slow day we usually just sat around conversing about what ever topic would arise.
Working for Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Laredo, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: paid time off, paid sales, recognition for hard work
Convergys is all about exceptional customer service to customers who call in with questions and concerns about their Comcast accounts. Customers are very important to every company. For this reason, it is important to develop a great relationship with them. I have learned how to identify customer needs by having conversations with the many customers who I have assisted while working for this company.
The management in Convergys stresses weekly goals for sales, average handle time, productivity, along with many other goals we are required to meet as a site. Managers have to make sure all employees are getting trained properly in order to be able to reach these goals.
I have met numerous people in this job. Some of them are now close friends of mine. It has been a journey and I have enjoyed meeting new people very frequently.
Personally, the hardest part of the job was when I did not have much experience in the production floor. I was not used to have so many goals to meet. After I mastered everything, the job became much more simple and the goals became much easier to achieve.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the goals which are required and then being recognized for it. It is a feeling of satisfaction to know the company is being successful because of successful team work from all the employees.
Wasn't A Fan
Customer Service Associate (Inbound) (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 26, 2014
Just Wasn't A Fan Of The Company. Pay Wasn't Great. The Job Itself Wasn't Great Either.
An okay place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTDecember 24, 2014
Pros: clean environment. okay management.
Cons: very little praise. mediocre pay for the job expectation.
I have worked for this company for many years, mostly because it was hard to find a better position for equal to better pay for what we were doing. I have worked with several clients with this company. A typical day was that you arrived to work, got on the phones, and assisted the customer with what they needed done, depending on the client. The management was there to help you and coach you if needed otherwise there was not much supervision. Sadly, the coworkers were more focused on being in a clique than teaming together to help the customers. The hardest part of the job was the constant continual calls and very little praise for the job you do. The most enjoyable part was being able to help various customers from around the United States.
schedule!!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pharr, TXDecember 23, 2014
having to be in a team n always having to meet goals was awesome the bonuses were amazing
Great job for the 6 1/2 years I spent there
Customer Service Rep/ Floor Support Supervisior (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great advancement
Enjoyed going to work everyday to assist agents and customers with daily needs, fun and laid back work place, management was great as long as you completed your job.
Just a job.
Tech Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2014
Pros: it pays.
This place is literally just a place to go, make some money at, and then leave. Do it again and again until you're tired of the repetition. They claim to hire as permanent but permanent means up until the contract that they have ends. In which "they might change your department if theres an opening". Good pay though. Ridiculous about having cell phones on the floor. Twice caught, you're out! Its a high school as well with half the employees acting like 15 year olds mean mugging in the hallway, and they have lockers for you too!
Friendly Enviorment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MODecember 22, 2014
like most jobs, managers and supervisors had favorites, but It didn't stop me from getting a 10 cent raise and completing my job with my best performance, which later earned me plenty of recognition over the 2014 year.
Not good
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 21, 2014
The provider we contact through was not holding up to it part to provide the services that we offer to the customers. We would complain as well as the customers. I seen no progress happening to get some of the issues resolved to keep our customer happy and satisfied.
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2014
helped customers with their cell phone problems.i also helped customers get more help to the right contact care
Assist customers (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2014
Effectively handles multiple tasks. Ability to acquire and apply knowledge rapidly. Works with minimal supervision and contributes to a team.
It's ok
Technical Support (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYDecember 19, 2014
It's an nice place to work for. The people are nice. However, If you don't make your stats your fired
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2014
very fast paced environment, flexible schedules, great place to work
A great place to work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2014
I like that you have a variety of clients to service. Everyone is so warm and friendly. If something happened where a company terminated a contract Convergys was really good about trying to place you within the company. I have no complaints.
Not the worst job in history
Technical Support (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: coworkers, employers
Cons: the actual job
I would go in, get on the computer, and get yelled at by angry customers about the same thing day in and day out. The management and coworkers were nice, but I didn't get to talk to them much since I was always getting yelled at. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I did get to talk to a few nice people over the phone who were reasonable.
n/a
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLDecember 16, 2014
assist customers in usa and overseas with netapp products.
productive workplace with many employee enemities
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee), Laredo, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: large facilities, and vending machies, helpful floor support
Cons: over bearing managment will enforce rules that they dont follow
although the management did not follow their own rules, they would strictly enforce them on agents, other than that, the environment and help you get from other agents/ floor support was good. very clean. Making calls during the day was not as hard as one would expect, and there was a lot to learn. the computer programs were easy to understand, and the training was good at preparing one for the job.
n/a
Video Technical Support/Customer Support Rep (Former Employee), Marietta, GADecember 15, 2014
I had a great experience working for this company until I was placed with a new manager that seemed to have an issue with me. My previous manager was awesome and unfortunately fell ill and I had not such a great experience any longer.
Above Average Call Center Environment
Software Annuities Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 14, 2014
I learned a substantial amount about technology services contracts.
Unenjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2014
They treat you as if you are a trained robot. Breaks are very short and monitored extremely by supervisors. Seems as if their are a lot of preferences of who becomes lead. Their are pressures if you don't make a certain percent across the line on monthly reviews.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more