Convergys
4,354 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

fun, competitive workplace
collector (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 7, 2015
I would clock in log in and begin calling customers with delinquent credit accounts.
I learned a lot about credit ratings and credit cards.
I really liked how the managers had my back, were understanding and would help me in anything I needed.
it was a good place to meet people and make good friends.
it was hard handling rejection and talking to upset customers.
but I really enjoyed helping people who were happy to pay off their debt.
didn't like
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything about the job
had to answer calls for att customers, and was made to sell att uverse, i did not like anything of the job. could not deal with the fact my job was on the line because i refused to sell uverse services. i could not bring myself to lie to customers about the product
Liked being able to work from my home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans LAMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me was waking up in the morning having my coffee then logging into my systems for the project I was assigned to. I enjoyed the interactions I had with my co-workers. I liked being able to have a full-time job, with benefits, that didn't require me having to leave my home as we presently only have one vehicle in my household. Didn't care much for the lack of job stability, the project I was working on was slated to end with barely a month's notice because the company had lost the work from home contract that I was employed by. Overall good company had great benefits, but would be hesitant to accept another position from this firm, being that they aren't a direct hire organization.
All over the place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Pay. Full time Hours.
Cons: Everything Else
This is a good job if you have no life outside of it. If you don't sign up for overtime they add it to your schedule. A very long and tedious 14 day training then 6 weeks of nesting than you are on the production floor.
produective work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2015
Assisting customers with step by step directions to their destination
Informing customers with new features about their On-star
Assisting customers with running diagnostic on customers cars to inform them of their car problems.
Excellent floor staff, Nightmarish management
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 6, 2015
Working with the team leaders and fellow employees is truly enjoyable. Upper management consists of vile and thoughtless tyrants who expect to be treated like royalty. Truly the only draw back.
Nice place to work
Production Sales Coach (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2015
I basically helped all advisors that needed help on the phone and coached them when they were not performing up to company standards.
It was not easy to work there
Technical Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Nice smoke area, options for PTO, UTO were available by calling in, quarterly bonuses and raises, opportunities for advancement, opportunities to earn stipends and bonuses were always available.
Cons: Scheduling and flex-shift, management disorganization
The job itself as a customer service representative was alright. The diversity of customers you dealt with kept the job interesting. You really felt a sense of satisfaction when you resolved a customers problem.However the management is not held in such high esteem.
Many complaints about management. Management was unorganized. Many of them not trained as well as the CSR's so it was impossible for them to assist you or know the proper protocol in handling a customers situation. Management was not very familiar with the products/services that were offered. The co-workers were nice to work with. Met very decent people there. The hardest part of the job was attempting to resolve an issue for a customer that should have already been resolved. To that end, there were a great many irate customers. The most enjoyable part again was resolving problems. As a Technical CSR, we were given a great deal of discretion to resolve by issuing free services, credits, etc.
"Fun Place"
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), UTMay 5, 2015
Pros: "Free snacks"
Cons: "Extra Break"
Busy&Bad&Good
Self-Esteem&teamwork
Respect and Lovely
When Customer complain for no reason
When your team gets together and cheer each other
Loved working with this company !
Postpaid Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: training should have hands on
At Convergys, there was plenty of room for growth and advancement within the company. I enjoyed waking up for work everyday. I worked for a third party company assisting customers with their account balances, explanation of bill charges, and offering customers new plans, troubleshooting devices, etc/ Management was great, co workers very helpful, and I would say the hardest part of the job was not knowing what your next call would be about. But I mostly enjoyed having a call that I was challenged to, knowing I ended the call giving the great customer satisfaction. I loved working for Convergys !.
Convergys
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMay 4, 2015
I just loved working here. It was a great job. I would love to work here again. There training was amazing. I loved that you got paid for training. They were very helpful with all questions and also very understanding. Great place to work.
Poor place to work but it was a job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga TNMay 4, 2015
The job was very stressful and the management didn't help matters any. They would set unreachable metrics to be met, they operate on what i consider a buddy system in order to advance.
New experience
Lead Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
Convergys was not a bad place to work. I spent most of my time there helping customers out with technical problems. The rest of my time I spent mentoring newly hired employees.
it's interesting
Telecommunications for AT&T agent (Former Employee), LAKEMay 4, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: management is poor
Convergys is definetly not the best place to work but it's a good place to work. Depending on the account you are on. AT&T forget it worst account to work on. you have to compete for a seat and then if there is overflow you sit in this tiny room with about 100 people waiting for a seat then you get in trouble (no matter how early you are) the point system is not the best. and you can never be sure if you will have a job. The best part is the customers but you can't spend any time with them becuase of your average handle time. definelty wouldn't recommend my worst enemy here.
great place to work.
Technical Support Agent 2 (Former Employee), Moore, OKMay 4, 2015
Pros: bonus's and overtime.
Cons: when they closed the moore location.
great place with great people it an experience of a life time i miss it greatly. the bonus's incentives were the best part.
Great job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rome,Ga(Work at home)May 3, 2015
Pros: gas saving, no commute
Cons: none
This was a great employment opportunity. There was a regular 8 hour shift with a regular 30 minute break. I learned a lot about my specific company. Everyone was easy to work with. You received fast and useful help. I worked under a great supervisor and team. I enjoyed being able to assist customers with issues that they thought were beyond our reach.
Productive and friendly workplace with equal opportunity.
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Coaching periods with your Team Lead, Great lunch catering.
Cons: Equal scheduling opportunities
At Convergys, every day was always a joy to come in to work. There was always a friendly environment with co-workers that always made you feel welcome at your job. Each day was a fast-paced environment of assisting customers as a Customer Service Representative. With that, I had learned a lot with not only computer navigation but as well as memorizing Standard Operating Procedures to best assist agents and customers' needs. Management was always a great experience as any needs I addressed with them were always resolved and discussed further with me or my peers as well as always receiving feedback for praise or constructive criticism. The hardest part of the job was communicating any issues encountered with the customer's order for the project I was in. What I enjoyed the most was always knowing that my peers were always able to assist me with any questions that I had.
Good place to work. In house cafe and pool table.
Accounting Software Support Specialist (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORMay 2, 2015
Pros: Discounts at local food places (usually about 10%)
Overall, its a good work environment. While there definitely is a focus on maintaining numbers and productivity, the management seems pretty in tune to their workers needs and they seem to honestly care about how they can help me do my job better. I'm learning how to troubleshoot complex issues which is a very valuable skill to have.
Time well spent
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Conyers, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: no gas expenses
Cons: increased self discipline
I enjoyed being able to work from home, not worry about gas prices, and spend more time taking care of my family. Prior to this position, I spent 2hr traveling to and 2hrs traveling from work; HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
Very fun atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Arnold, MOMay 2, 2015
Great place to work with great people, coaches, management. I gained a lot of experience here. The base pay was decent and the commission was wonderful.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries