Convergys
4,629 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

great learning experiance
customer service (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJuly 7, 2015
I loved going to work. I worked great hours. I also ended up being in the top 103% of my team. There i talked to customers about keeping their at&t services.
Customer oriented and fast paced work environment
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJuly 7, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of providing general insurance information and answering questions of customers who called about our products.

I learned that remaining calm even with upset customers and providing them with additional information than they sought led to productive calls and several duties getting accomplished.
Great place to get experience and move up
iOS Technical Team Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2015
Work environment is very lax. We can wear what we want and we even had a ping pong table in our break area. The people there are amazing. However, management could be a little bit better as they always seem to do things at the very last minute.
Great work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2015
Answered over 100 calls daily via Onstar vehicles. Assisted drivers to and from destinations. Great benefits. Great employees
Stupidest Job I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2015
The job itself was a waste of time. You had to fix someones issues over the phone and half of them dont even speak proper english. The management never helped you and you couldnt have any you time. It was 8 hours of non stop phone ringing.
Service Advisor / GMC/OnStar (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Being paid for the time worked
Cons: So many
very high turn over rate. in speaking to a nc desc agrees and can't understand why. The average age is 21 - 23. Too much playing on the floor ( call center). Using profanity and having inappropriate conversations. The team leads (young) sometimes engage in inappropriate actions and conversations as well. They work on a point system. 11 points gets you terminated. When going to the restroom outside your scheduled break or lunch thats a partial point, going to lunch or break, being just 1 minute late, this is another partial point. Even going to a doctors appointment is a point. I must say that I have never worked under these types of circumstances in my life.

Just not the ideal place to be employment.
A fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee), tampa, flJuly 6, 2015
A Fun place to work, can be cool it you cool. The Overall is the focus, get your goals and stay focus. I liked it better before stream got bought out by the new one. Buts still a good place with good energy.
I enjoyed working there
GXG SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver COJuly 5, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: working on saturdays
I enjoy working for the company it was job opportunities and in most cases they were fair. I move around to every department in the building but the back office was the best.
Minimally Satisfactory
Sales and Service Rep I (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Made $10.50 and hour
Cons: late night shifts
Convergys is a call center, with a very fast paced environment and a wide variety of call types and people. Management non-communicative and unstructured.
Productive Workplace
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2015
I learned a lot working with this company, I enjoyed the environment as well as the energy. The training made it an easy process, because once it was time to hit the floor I knew everything I needed to know.
lots of bonuses, prizes, incentives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 5, 2015
Pros: potlucks, prizes and drawings
Cons: help from leaders
I enjoyed talking to people from all over and able to resolve or set them on the correct path. Loved the surroundings of the people there, always something fun each day
Good starter job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2015
The job isn't too bad. Job is easy enough. How every if you are not one for sales this job is not for you. Ever client they have require you to be able to sell.
Great environment! Teamwork above all else.
Associate Core Trainer (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Job Work/Life Balance
Cons: Job Advancement
I have learned managerial skills. I have fantastic co-workers that help out when needed. On a daily basis, I will prepare a lecture or lesson for a training class of approximately 20-24 people. Our main goal as an Associate Trainer is to facilitate any material given by our clients to our agents so they are able to perform on a production level. My boss is an amazing person that helps out when i require him to be there. He is a person that i could go for leadership and i consider him my mentor. I don't find anything difficult about my employment. I enjoy what i do and give my best efforts in my current employment to help my company succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i'm gathered up with my co-workers because we have a strong professional relationship as a team and it's easy to get along with them.
Terrible place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 4, 2015
Pros: hire immediatelly
Cons: no raises, no benefits, terrible schedules
Only work here if you are desperate for money because they hire anyone and don't care what your background or experience is. No raises, no benefits and their training hours are horrible.
Poor management and organization
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, 40+ hours a week, plenty of overtime to gain or volunteer for
Cons: short breaks, unstable hours, no consideration for life outside of the company
a typical day at work was coming right in and heading straight to your workspace and taking calls consistently until break time (first break 15 minutes). And repeating the same task until lunch and eventually the end of your shift. extremely robotic.
environment is ok
Saves Desk rep (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
Pros: environment is ok
Cons: Pay is no good
The job itself is fine but some of the supervisors micro manage when it is not necessary. The pay is not competitive, they took away chances of bonuses to even increase your pay.
Very laid back work environment
iOS Technical Team Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: casual dress code, amazing co workers
Cons: Management can be too indecisive and passive
It is by far the most laid back call center environment I have ever been in. You can dress casual, management doesnt breathe down your neck about schedule adherence and the people are amazing and down to earth. Unfortunately, how management runs things arent always the best. After getting promoted to a team lead I was forced to share desks and move to different computers for three weeks straight! The equipment they gave me didnt even work right as I was forced to have to replace my keyboard twice in the first week.
nothing
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 3, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: being treated like a robot
not the best job in the world, i felt like a number and not a person. the place had us packed in like sardines and they were not understanding or accommodating with anytrhing.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative November (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2015
taking inbound phone call at a fast place. also a great learning experience , building better customer service skills. dealing with very angry and irate customers
Productive work place
Customer Service Represenative/call cwnter (Former Employee), hazelwood, moJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work was me being prompt each day responding to a high call volume and helping customers with theyre issues. I learned many different skills and learned to cope with the different personalities I came across each day, on and off the the phones. Managers had to work extremely hard day in and day out making sure that everything stay in line, and my co-workers were all easy and out going individuals. When I was unable to help customers I came across was the hardest part working in this environment, and the most enjoyable part was coming to work in a positive environment and being able to successfully help my customers

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries