Convergys Employee Reviews

terrible place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 1, 2017
slave labor, didn't care about the employees, just wanted to fill seats. we werent properly trained and when we asked for help we rarely get it or they had an attitude.
Pros
laid back
Cons
poor management
Convergys
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2017
It gives you a college or high school field, the managent like TL’s and Om’s are rude. They don’t like too do their jobs, and they help who they want too help.
Pros
Lunches, breaks, ot(when available)
Cons
Management, work atmosphere, system(policy’s)
Call center jobs
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2017
Not all call centers are equal. Convergys offers a variety of projects to work for- over my 7 years I worked for 4 different projects, advancing in each position. They hired too many managers for one project, and decided that they were going to lay off 5 our of 7 people. They did offer a job in another department, however stated that the rate I was making before the promotion was above the new pay cap and told me that I would be making less hourly than I was before the promotion. They are bottom-line types, they don't care about long time employees and only value what is best for them. They have a high turn-over rate because of this.
Pros
Fun, nice people, great training.
Cons
Don't value employees
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 30, 2017
I work at home so no issues love what i do. Come work for convergys. Great bonus during Christmas time. The hardest part if yhis job is keeping my house quiet.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No people
workplace bullying
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 30, 2017
a place where unless you are friends with management you get bullied . The team leaders are all un qualified and they let the atmosphere become toxic with no one to run too
csr
Support Services Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKNovember 30, 2017
Stressful! Back to back incoming calls , must meet quota or may lead to being written up. Opportunity for bonuses and cool give aways. Some of the management was dry and very hardcore.
team effort
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 30, 2017
Although competitive - the emphasis was on team effort and all staff were encouraged to help each other achieve goals - fun and lots of incentives. Evaluations were constructive and provided growth and continued training for the individual and the team.
Pros
paid training and bonus incentiveds
Cons
none that i can recall
Stressful Environment
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 29, 2017
Very Stressful, very fast paced, forced to learn fast and still do not know everything to get the job done. Computer systems very horrible. No time to mentally relax from all the stress of the job itself.
Nice starting out job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 29, 2017
This a good place to build workplace and customer service skills. Management is good. Get trained well but most things you will have to just learn on your own out on the phones. Its good to have peers that you can ask for help when you need help. Hardest part is dealing with rude and angry customers. When you get awesome customers and have a great coach it makes work better.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Angry customers
was a fun workplace a little stressful at times.
Apple Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2017
it was a good experience working there, the only downside that comes to mind when i think about the place is that the management tends to favor certain staff but its fine that kind of thing is common it was a fun time working there.

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Poor.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2017
You have 7 weeks of training, which is fine. Once out of training, you have on the floor training. After on the floor training, managers and trainers no longer care if you're still lost with the material.
It was ok at first but then the customers was rudand the coworkers was too
Agent (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 29, 2017
I was a customer service rep on the phone I help the customers with the services provided for them and if I could not help them I transfer them to somebody that could that was my job that's what I did for this company.
Challenging workplace
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2017
Training new people for customer service was always challenging but also rewarding. Being able to role-play was the always great. The most rewarding part was seeing each student excel and take live calls with ease.
Its okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 29, 2017
Its an easy job there is no denying it. Tho the management is horrible. And its stressfull. It does depend on the contract that you are on that could make or break how you feel about the place
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
A lot of them
Friendly and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 29, 2017
Every day was a great day, working at Convergys call center. I worked with a team of 20 people, with 1 team leader. People were so helpful to work with and always enjoyed my job there.
Pros
paid well, friendly co workers and supervisor
Great Experience.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2017
I have been with Convergys for over 17 years. I would not be leaving had the site not be closing in January 2018. That is the only reason why I am departing with the company. I love working here, met a lot of new people. I got promotions certificates also learned a lot of new task it was a good company to grow with did a lot of training on different things
Competitive company
Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sm North EDSANovember 29, 2017
Convergys helped me a lot in terms of communication skill and interpersonal skills as well. They have exposed me to the customer service industry wherein I was able to obtain a lot of info about it. They helped me improve my skills in customer service and in talking in english as well.
Pros
Free Lunch
Just bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 28, 2017
There are not enough ways to describe how bad it really is. Run away, don't even walk. You'll be better off. Ask anyone who has ever been there if you need proof.
Call center is not organize
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 28, 2017
Very poor management Quick turn over employee. Call center are not routing correct needs to customer. Make the call more complicated to trouble shoot as needed.
Pros
nothing has attractive to my benifit.
Cons
Manager are lazy no communication between empolyee.
Great experience! Very fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 28, 2017
I absolutely loved Convergys. If the site didnt close Id still be there. The management and supervisors were out standing. I enjoyed working with every one there. If I could rate this company it would be 10/10.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.