Convergys
3,887 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

customer service
Team Leader & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pharr, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: healthcare
responsible for supporting,coaching,developing and supervising a group of 15 employees.
provide positive customer experience by handing a constant inbound -call volume in an effort to sell products and services and retain customer satisfaction within the guidelines.
Over all a good place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours, contest easy to move up
Cons: occasional management abuse, verbal abuse from customers
Overall its a good place to work. There is always a chance at gaining something from the job. If you can deal with a lot of criticism then its more than a great job. At time the management can abuse their positions but then you also have managers who really work by your side.
Work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTFebruary 5, 2015
Was a great first job. I was able to learn very much and it was fun to come in to work. I was able to do hard work and made me walk around a lot. The pay was not very much because they were a small company.
unorganized and often unprofessional
Technical Account Managing Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOFebruary 5, 2015
spread apart off days that make it difficult to accomplish anything outside of work
building visibly unclean
some supervisors and managers are more professional and courteous than others
almost impossible to locate a supervisor when you need one
there are shift bids to get better schedules if you work hard
Relaxed work day in confort of office home
Specialist (Former Employee), TennesseeFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: no wear and tear on car benfits
Cons: not online support when needed
Typical day for a work at home agent was great right fromt he comfort of my own home. It was very convient that I did not have to use my gas to get to and from work so it saves on wear and tear of my car also having to busy casual clothes as well.
Wish it was better
Digital Life Sales Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches on holidays and occational bonuses
Cons: management
A typical day at work starts with your team leader yelling thru chat and everyone fighting for their jobs.
The management didn't know how to tactfully interact with their subordinates.
My co-workers were awesome. However, they remained stressed out over business hours constantly changing and constant threats to their employment.
I would say that the hardest part about working at convergys is the management and the constant change in sales goals and policies.
The most and perhaps only enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers. They unify together when it comes to issues with getting the sales so that you don't have to get in touch with a team leader every five seconds.
Comfortable work enviroment, with a variety of bacckgrounds
Att work from home agent (Current Employee), Watertown, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: on-site cafe, excellent managers, extensive training
Cons: short breaks, large building so it takeslonger to get places on break
A call center with multiple contracts from health insurance to cellular customer service. I worked 40 hours a week delivering customer service in the form of health insurance plans, signing customers up for the best plan that can help them in their medicl needs. Also had to adhere to government regulated guidelines and restrictions on every call, enjoyed the fast nature of this job, and also the fact that everything was confidential and sensitive giving me some sense of responsibility.
Great Company
Back Up Floor Assistant, CSR (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ, Las Cruces NMFebruary 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for had a wonderful time working there, excellent management and very professional. Would condsider working for them again.
Cust sales Rep
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I didn't really like the job, the people were nice, management was nice, and they had good security, I just felt miserable everyday I went.
Productive customer service rep position
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Usually worked a midday shift, answer inbound phone calls regarding directv services. Great work environment, helpful coworkers, steady workflow, back to back calls, overall great job.
I had fun working at convergys
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 2, 2015
I learned a lot and I also had fun working their and speaking with different people everyday. I like how i learn how to communicate and use the comptuer all at the same time and also how to have many windows open
great starter job
Performance Manager Comcast Project (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: family
Cons: buyout
this company had a great deal of potential..I worked for a great team. In the event of the buyout it was no longer presented as a family business. at that point many positions were downsized
Starter Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2015
I would recommend that you only obtain this job as a starter job! It is a call center position, however it is not very professional. Your hours of availability has to be flexible; you might come in your whole shift has changed or extended without your consent. the customers are very rude over the phone, so you have to have tough skin being on the phone with this company. They will teach how to have good customer service though.
hate it
Insurance Sales Reprehensive - Travelers Insurance (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2015
not for me at all, every thing about it is awful they make it sound amazing but im just not a fan of taking calls and that's it.
review
Customer Service (Former Employee), charlotte ncJanuary 31, 2015
work at home specialist
customer service
answering and outbound calls
assisting customers with internet, phone and cable
tech support
Not a bad place to work
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
Not a bad place to work, management was on the same accord and very knowledgeable about the company and its goals. The pay wasn't that good, but i left work everyday with my sanity!
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
amazing company loved customers and cared for quality. enjoyed working for this company because they really cared for everything they did and all the people in there company.
productive work place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch, paid time off, unpaid time off, work with schedules and overtime whenever we need it
Cons: give write ups for every thing (especially things we dont have contol over)
-Fast pasted work environment
-I learned how to perform great customer service
-My co workers are very hard working and amazing to work with and are hard working.
-Hardest part of the job is being very limited to help my customers due to many restrictions & policies of company.
-Best part of the job is working with amazing people everyday
Convergys
Customer service advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: enjoyable job
Cons: noise
This position was in a call center which had its pros and cons. The company I supported was OnStar and it was contant phonecalls; not much of a break between calls. I prefer it to be that way verses sitting around and waiting for calls to come in.
I would come in and try to find a working computer and working chair. We had teams but I don't think they worked that well.
The hardest part of the job was when it was the busiest and it got so loud in the center that you were barely able to hear the call.
I met alot a really nice people in this job/
University Location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
I thought this position would be exciting because it was working with OnStar. The most interesting part was I got to communicate with celebrities. With all equipment having flaws the system sometimes was a nightmare sending people in circles which was a horrible outcome.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more