Conversant Media Employee Reviews

Lack of work/life balance and flexibility
Media Delivery (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2015
Management does not except employee's need for work/life balance and does not provide schedule flexibility. Company offers flexible vacation schedule yet you have to beg for your vacation to be approved.
fun and collaborative workplace
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed being apart of a team and having the ability to take the lead on many projects. I learned how to prioritize my own tasks and team tasks/projects as well.
One of the most rewarding aspects of the job was the opportunity to surprise and delight our clients. I enjoyed the face time I got to have directly with clients because it made for stronger work relationships and it definitely showed in the work we produced.
A very important part of my job was to make sure everyone was on the same page and all working toward the same end goals. It was imperative for me to gain the confidence of my team as well as the client in order to work toward a flawless execution.
Pros
fun and talented people to work with
Cons
promoting from within is not a forethought
Great Work Life Balance for Engineers!
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Westlake VillageDecember 13, 2012
Working on the Commission Junction team I work with some really great people! I am happy to say that the people that I work with are also my friends. Management has made this one of the most agile shops in Los Angeles which allows us to go home on time :)
Pros
work life balance
Out of date corp.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake VillageMay 22, 2015
Office need an update.
Job security is a plus with exception of duplicated departments.
Managers are respectable and always have good intentions.
Recently acquired by ADS (Alliance Data Solutions)
Sr. Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 9, 2015
Great benefits and co-workers. Cutting edge technology. SOX compliant. Multiple training systems. Awesome 401k matching program. Close to shopping and restaurants.
benefits
Cons
being acquired
An innovative, exciting, energetic, cool place to work
Decision Sciences Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
I love my job at Conversant (formerly ValueClick/Dotomi) -- it's very different from my previous research jobs in many good ways.

A typical day of work involves lots of free tea and coffee; meetings with friendly, engaging coworkers; planning sessions and discussions with my manager; a few hours of programming; and a lot of creativity and innovation.

I've learned a lot about the media/marketing/advertising industry and increased my technical skills in SQL database programming, R programming, predictive modeling, and analysis techniques.

The management here is the best I've encountered. My manager tends to be more of a coach or academic advisor than a boss, and I never feel micromanaged.

Similarly, my co-workers seem engaged, energetic, interesting, and fun -- it is a pleasure to come in to work each day to work with these friends.

The hardest part of the job are the demands to be better and faster than the competition, which is no easy task in the past paced advertising tech industry. Sometimes I may have to work overtime to keep up with projects, but because I enjoy my job I don't mind this too much.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to invent and innovate. I am happy to work on projects because I know my work will be used, not thrown away (in my previous job I worked on several projects that stalled, failed, or were canceled, and this was quite frustrating).
Pros
innovative, exciting, energetic, smart, fast-paced company
Cons
competitive, fast-paced
Great Company Culture
Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village CaJuly 23, 2015
Great team, solving big problems. lots of talent from Google and other bay players came to the conversant team. ADS buy out wasn't good for company or team. lots of people lost jobs.
Software Engineer
Software Enginerer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 9, 2013
Great company. Good work life balance. Online Advertiser in growth industry. Great opportunities to contribute.

Conversant Media Reviews by Location