Conversant Employee Reviews

Great place to work at!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LondonJune 28, 2017
Great management, open minded and happy to come to work every day.
I carry on learning new things every day, from my job and from training that the company provide.
Great place to develop your career and to have fun!
Workplace
Software Engineer - Ad Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Colabrative work environment, working with latest technologies, freedom to work on new things if available, pay is average, but work/life is very balanced.
Interview required
Sr. Executive Assistant to Chairman/Founder (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2017
For personal reasons, I am available to provide top line confidential detailed review in a one-on-one interview session for specific job application only.
Fun Place to Work
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Conversant came into existence, roughly over three years after the merger of Dotomi and ValueClick.

Positive: Fun place to work, has a .com shop type of working atmosphere, and provides an amazing work / personal life balance.

Negative: The dust is still settling after this merger. This makes your typical work day at Conversant very challenging, as it operates as two companies running in parallel.
Tip of the spear digital media company
Director, Client Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2016
Conversant is full of smart people and smart products. While the digital media space has become cluttered, fragmented suppliers will consolidate, joining Conversant as one of a handful of true premium addressable digital media companies.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Niche Space, need to find a way to diversify offering
Productive and interesting company to work for in the digital media landscape
Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2016
I learned a lot while working here and am ready to take my skills into the sales industry. I have supported various Account Executives here with all pre-sales support and planning.
Lead Data Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
From it's origins the company was a "meritocracy" - it rewards employees that excel at their work. People that are just looking for a place to sit and get a salary, however, also end up here - though most of them end up leaving (both of their own accord and asked to leave). Management listens for the most part and compensation is competitive, but perhaps not as much for early careerists.
Great company culture
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 22, 2016
Great company culture. Great/smart associates. Benefits are very competitive with a 5% match on 401k. Room for growth in many of the positions within the business.
benefits
Cons
understaffed
Productive great company
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Media, ILNovember 30, 2015
Fun work Place with supportive management. Excellent co workers, great working hours and vacation time. Plenty of room to learn and move to other departments.
Pros
Sports teams and group events
Cons
job security
Unless You Are In Chicago, Do Not Bother
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 12, 2015
Conversant (then known as ValueClick) bought Dotomi a few years ago. Not long after the Dotomi CEO became the ValueClick CEO after the then-current CEO retired. Dotomi and the new CEO were based in Chicago so the new guy decides that everything is better in Chicago so slowly makes Chicago the center of the merged company's universe. More people in Chicago. More promotions in Chicago. Decision making moved to Chicago. Technical leadership now coming out of Chicago. Why? Because Chicago. Maybe working in Chicago it's great but for the rest of us, it blows. We're being ignored and marginalized so all we see is a complete lack of, or incompetent leadership.
Pros
Great benefits, Generous vacation policy, Some smart people here and there, Since being bought we are part of a very stable parent with stock that keeps going up.
Cons
Technical leadership is almost non-existent, VERY Chicago-centric, Looking to advance but are not in the Chicago office then forget it, Cheap management, Old-school tech.
An innovative, exciting, energetic, cool place to work
Decision Sciences Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
I love my job at Conversant -- it's very different from my previous research jobs in many good ways.

A typical day of work involves lots of free tea and coffee; meetings with friendly, engaging coworkers; planning sessions and discussions with my manager; a few hours of programming; and a lot of creativity and innovation.

I've learned a lot about the media/marketing/advertising industry and increased my technical skills in SQL database programming, R programming, predictive modeling, and analysis techniques.

The management here is the best I've encountered. My manager tends to be more of a coach or academic advisor than a boss, and I never feel micromanaged.

Similarly, my co-workers seem engaged, energetic, interesting, and fun -- it is a pleasure to come in to work each day to work with these friends.

The hardest part of the job are the demands to be better and faster than the competition, which is no easy task in the past paced advertising tech industry. Sometimes I may have to work overtime to keep up with projects, but because I enjoy my job I don't mind this too much.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to invent and innovate. I am happy to work on projects because I know my work will be used, not thrown away (in my previous job I worked on several projects that stalled, failed, or were canceled, and this was quite frustrating).
Pros
Innovative, exciting, energetic, smart, fast-paced company
Cons
Competitive, fast-paced