Conversant Employee Reviews in United States

Unless You Are In Chicago, Do Not Bother
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 12, 2015
Conversant (then known as ValueClick) bought Dotomi a few years ago. Not long after the Dotomi CEO became the ValueClick CEO after the then-current CEO retired. Dotomi and the new CEO were based in Chicago so the new guy decides that everything is better in Chicago so slowly makes Chicago the center of the merged company's universe. More people in Chicago. More promotions in Chicago. Decision making moved to Chicago. Technical leadership now coming out of Chicago. Why? Because Chicago. Maybe working in Chicago it's great but for the rest of us, it blows. We're being ignored and marginalized so all we see is a complete lack of, or incompetent leadership.
Pros
Great benefits, Generous vacation policy, Some smart people here and there, Since being bought we are part of a very stable parent with stock that keeps going up.
Cons
Technical leadership is almost non-existent, VERY Chicago-centric, Looking to advance but are not in the Chicago office then forget it, Cheap management, Old-school tech.
Productive great company
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Media, ILNovember 30, 2015
Fun work Place with supportive management. Excellent co workers, great working hours and vacation time. Plenty of room to learn and move to other departments.
Pros
Sports teams and group events
Cons
job security
An innovative, exciting, energetic, cool place to work
Decision Sciences Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
I love my job at Conversant -- it's very different from my previous research jobs in many good ways.

A typical day of work involves lots of free tea and coffee; meetings with friendly, engaging coworkers; planning sessions and discussions with my manager; a few hours of programming; and a lot of creativity and innovation.

I've learned a lot about the media/marketing/advertising industry and increased my technical skills in SQL database programming, R programming, predictive modeling, and analysis techniques.

The management here is the best I've encountered. My manager tends to be more of a coach or academic advisor than a boss, and I never feel micromanaged.

Similarly, my co-workers seem engaged, energetic, interesting, and fun -- it is a pleasure to come in to work each day to work with these friends.

The hardest part of the job are the demands to be better and faster than the competition, which is no easy task in the past paced advertising tech industry. Sometimes I may have to work overtime to keep up with projects, but because I enjoy my job I don't mind this too much.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to invent and innovate. I am happy to work on projects because I know my work will be used, not thrown away (in my previous job I worked on several projects that stalled, failed, or were canceled, and this was quite frustrating).
Pros
innovative, exciting, energetic, smart, fast-paced company
Cons
competitive, fast-paced