Converse Employee Reviews in United States

All together I'd say...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
It was a pretty enjoyable experience, I met some great people and the environment was never unpleasant. I can confidently say that this is one of the best places I've had the pleasure of working at.
Pros
This discount is pretty good
Cons
not really too many opportunities for advancement
Great company and great people
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  18th Street and 23rd StreetMay 24, 2016
Working for Converse was a great challenge. I worked under a Manager who worked in our Corporate office in Boston MA. I ran two buildings one was a show room and office on 18th street and our Main N.Y. office on 23rd Street. It was a great job with long hours and a lot of running back and forth, in which I loved. I met a wonderful bunch of people. The hardest part was being in a meeting on 23rd Street and have a fire alarm go off on 18th Street.
Pros
The People, The Enviorment, Discount or free shoes
Cons
Having a Manager in another State
A fantastic experience where I learned a lot and was in the marketing field in a fast paced global environment.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMay 23, 2016
An Awesome job where I learned a lot and got to travel all over the US for marketing activations and whatnot. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Strong organization with extreme identity to their brand.
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2016
Converse as a company lives their brand identity. I learned a great deal both in Construction Project Management and in being part of a corporate brand company. Daily I was challenged with managing contractors, sub-contractors, and shipping schedules to complete a store or remodel by a deadline, while having a friendly and cooperative environment to work in. Management went through a few changes during my contract with Converse, but it didn't interfere with the vision of the company, which I found rare and refreshing. The most difficult part of my day would be inter-department management to keep on pace with deadlines. The most enjoyable part however would be seeing a store come to fruition, a final product I never got to enjoy in Program or Data management.
Pros
Great experience for a career title I was reaching for.
Cons
Really uncomfortable sneakers.
best job ever
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 24, 2016
This company was very fun to work for. They trained adequately and took care of their employees. The benefits were stellar and the management was superb.
Pros
discount, breaks, working enviornment
Great location to learn and understand the values and in depth goals of the company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 22, 2016
Store manager at the Citadel location is very engaged with his employees and has a passion to see them excel and branch out throughout the company. Fast paced atmosphere, but works well under the management and leadership team.
Pros
Leadership skills and management education
Cons
Ability to climb up the ladder with few job openeings.
Best Retail Job Ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 10, 2016
Well i think my summary says it all. I can consider the Converse team family, we laugh together work together eat together and help sell sneakers together. The team is amazing, the managers and the more experianced staff is willing to teach you anything you need to know to be successful at work and even outside work advice. Converse also does reviews so you can set goals for yourself and the management will help you by giving some tips on how you can advance within the company if that is your primary goal. I would recommend the company to anyone, and I think I already have.
Pros
Great place to work, they staff dress you and give you a discount so don't worry about uniform ever.
Cons
The only Con is when you spell out the name.
Standard seasonal sales associate duties
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 25, 2016
Friendly culture with employees and staff
fold clothes
interact with customers
follow chain of command
fast paced environment
on the job training
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
on feet all day
relaxed family experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 18, 2016
clock in, greet co-workers as you walk in, attend meeting at start of shift. at break you can play basketball and ping pong. most of the management is approachable. co-workers are skilled and help each other out. not really hard depends on the knowledge of your work. most enjoyable is Sneaker zone, all hands meeting, and company events
Good discount but it is not worth it!
Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 14, 2016
Converse is own by Nike... Even though discount is great for the employee but it is not worth it. The management team and HR are very corrupted to the point they are being sue by one of their employee. (The last time I heard from them) Also Sale assiocate receive less hours and Converse over hired them to the point some of the assiocate only work one or two days a week.
Pros
Discount and free stuffs
Cons
Poor management team and HR, and hours are not promised
Poor Management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMarch 12, 2016
As my time working there the Manager was very lazy, but always the first to tell you if you were doing wrong. It was a place of favoritism. Very unfair.
Overall good worker who followed instruction well
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 11, 2016
My coworkers and I worked well together and since I was the new guy on the block they were very kind in answering any questions I had. My boss was very concise in his directions and if I had a question no one could answer he was there to answer it. He was always prepared for us in the morning so we didn't have to stand around waiting for our assignments. I was very diligent in carrying out each and every assignment as it was presented to meand was very accurate in my inventory counts.
Pros
My coworckers were plesant to work with and some of the management were courtious and kind.
Cons
It was a very frustrating atmosphere to work in.
Very cool place to work.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 10, 2016
This is a very laid back place to work. The working environment is a great place to meet many people and gain valuable working experience. Also, a perk of the job is the discount at Nike.
Excellent place to work
Director of Product Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
Converse is a great company to work for... they support their employees and invest in their workforce! Benefits are top notch!
Pros
Great people, great environment
Cons
Creative direction constantly changing
Working at Converse
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2016
Enjoy working at Converse. Great brand and great place to come to work everyday. I would recommended getting a job at Converse
Productive environment and great learning experience
Photo Editor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2016
Great company to work as well as great people. Learned the process behind working for a big company doing what I love to do. Being around an environment with such successful people made networking very easy as well. Hardest part of the job was making the deadlines and being very confident with the selections I had made, after a few events it got much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction to see the photos I had edited myself on the website and instragram.
Pros
Networking opportunities, Free lunch, Free shoes
Cons
No real cons honestly
Too many contractors
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
converse searches for candidates with the highest of qualifications.
willing to pay premium dollars for contractors, but wants to pay Senior Accountants at a Staff rate on a permanent basis.
productive and easy going
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJanuary 5, 2016
Converse is a great place to work at. The work atmosphere is laid back and you work with different variety of people. Never a dull moment.
fun fast pace work place
Sales Associate and Back of House Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2015
Everyday you meet different people from all over the world and the discount is pretty good. its a high volume store and so its always busy and there isnt a lot of down time.
Pros
discount and the people you meet
Cons
polictics play a big part of the everyday
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 30, 2015
You personally grow being a sales associate at Converse; supportive management and a very friendly environment. Goals were always reached by the team.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks