Converse Employee Reviews

amazing flexibility
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 15, 2017
It is a good entry-level job to gain retail and customer service experience. A great way to make money to pay off debt and to school at the same time.
Fun work place
Stock and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYJune 6, 2017
Great place to work! The vibes are super fun! The discount is awesome (and also applies to Nike). The friends you make at work become your family! I love it there!
cool place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 5, 2017
very unique place to work at, so many new skills to learn, was able to move up to different departments, some of the managers were very cool and friendly.
Pros
good hours and chilled fast pace
Cons
need more benefits
Okay to work
Custom Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 4, 2017
Management needs to get a reality check and understand that they are not above us. and need to communicate with others. no movement with in the company.
Pros
Staff Dress
Cons
Hours, Lunch, Management
Helping others
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 30, 2017
Good job to work at fast paced to meet new people. Always good to help out customers. co wrokers are nice as well. The discount they give employees is good
Pros
discount
Cons
Coworkers work together to complete tasks faster
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 30, 2017
On a typical day at work, before clocking in, I would observe the aisles and shelves to see what needs to be reorganized or what spaces need to be filled on the clearance rack. Everybody gets a different aisle to re-organize if it is not in order. At closing, whatever messes are left behind by customers, everyone pitches in to clean up to make closing much faster so that everyone can go home at a decent time.
Pros
Fun place to work, never a boring day at work
Cons
Short breaks
Productive area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 18, 2017
It is a very on going productive area of work, some days it is slow, some days it is fast, most of the time there is a managable amount of customers, you learn a ton of sales experience, would recommmend for a first job
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Crowded easily
Fun! Relaxed! Management needs work!
Training lead/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 12, 2017
Such a fun place to work! Busy during weekends, and holidays; slow during weekdays! Plenty room for advancement! Management could use some work, though!
Creative working atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
Converse as a company has a certain level of creativity or artistry built in to any given job title. One of the companies core values is aiding the customer in finding their own artistic voice through their fashion choices.
That said, it is a large company, and it is easy to lose sight of the base principles of the company's mission statement due to the vast branches of the Converse team. There were often vast missteps in my time at converse, ranging from store visual mistakes to major product failures that served to undermine any given Sales Associate's faith in the brand.
Basically, the company is trying to grow, and that is a painful process. The result of these growing pains is an unclear brand identity, and the inevitable result of that foggy identity is arbitrary corporate directives handed down to the bottom rung of employees. On the whole, speaking as a Sales Associate, the upper management of the company seems gravely out of touch with my locale's consumer base, offering products that are either drastically alien to the companies core products or simply priced out of reach of the companies supposed consumer base.
The local management at my location went through many changes during my year at the company, but at its current state, the store is well managed. The previous management left some pretty difficult messes to clean up, and unfortunately now the brunt of those problems have been placed on the backs of the Sales Associates. These issues have mainly presented themselves in the form of scheduling issues, through means of drastic cuts in hours for the sales
  more... team.  less
Pros
Creative working atmosphere
Cons
Unsteady schedule, very few hours to go around
converse security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAApril 23, 2017
Race to the bottom when it comes wages paid to security guards. They add more work weekly, and let long time employees go right before retirement. No one ever really knows what is expected of us.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
job stability, management chaos, low wages
awesome
FT Operation Lead (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 19, 2017
awesome place to work
very out going people
very low key
always having fun
great atmosphere
awesome benefits for self and families
get great discounts
Best Job I Ever Had
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXApril 13, 2017
Fun place to work
Everyone gets along
Very enjoyable
Willing to work with other jobs
Willing to work with college
Hours are good
Management is awesome
Productive! There will always be something to do for retail.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2017
A typical day would involve either being a cashier, being on the floor to help customers, or restocking merchandise. Assist customers to find their size and offer assistance in any way possible. Ensure the floor is fully stocked of merchandise.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMarch 6, 2017
is your typical retail workplace. but has a lot of edgy workers and are up to date with fads. the hardest part would be the difficult customers. but all in all is a fun place to work.
Really cool and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Met a lot of people around the world. Loved the shoes and had a blast with working with my crew. The only bad thing was it was in a mall so had to work holidays and people were messy
Awesome job, need better managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 15, 2017
I worked my butt off for this company. I started working at the brand new one that opened in the mall in Marana, Az. Putting the store together was a labor of love that I really enjoyed. I was told from the beginning only a handful of people would be kept on so I worked my hardest to stay. In the three months it took to put the store together and open, I covered three shifts and came in early twice, when no one else wanted to. Other than feeling greatly under appreciated by a couple managers, I loved the job itself. The costumers are amazing and there was always new sneakers to look at.
Pros
Free t-shirts and sneakers
Cons
Management was young and favorited people
fun job
Operation and Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2017
customer service at its finest. A lot of different people walking in and out must obtain multitasking skills. Coaching was always fun. the slow days were the hardest do to the fact of always wanting to stay busy and interact with people.
Pros
great company
Cons
no complaints
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Doral, FL 33172February 2, 2017
This was a fun place to work and were always flexible when it came to managing your schedule. Although these qualities are capturing and great, this company does not care about their employees. They don't care at what time you leave or if you have bills to pay and need hours. Many people expressed they wanted to move up in the company and nothing was done about it. Although I don't expect it to happen overnight, nobody really cared about the employees.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
You will never move up in the company
Fun to work, easy
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Packing and scanning using computer system. Friendly environment willing to teach and train you. Easy work. Packing online orders.
Pros
Weekly pay, great hours
Cons
Have to go through temp agency
Converse
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJanuary 27, 2017
I ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by providing customers with assistance and information about products and by remaining knowledgeable about products in the store. By providing customers with genuine customer service, I am able to recommend merchandise to customers based on their personal needs and feedback. I also assist managers in making the store visually attractive to help bring customers in and make it easier for them to locate merchandise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Converse. Our community is ready to answer.