Cook Children's Health Care System

Cook Children's Health Care System Employee Reviews

Loved everything!
Medical Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2017
This is one place I would love coming back to. Everyone is so caring and helpful. Wonderful environment always loved walking through the main hospital. My favorite was the light friendly atmosphere.
March 27, 2017

Thank you for being a part of our team! We hope that your career plans will bring you back to us.

Good company to work for.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I learned to better hone my customer service skills at this place. Learned to get along with my co-workers and customers. The job was stressful at times. Overall, a good company to work for.
January 16, 2017

Thank you for giving us feedback! We appreciate it. If you would like to give us more information, please feel free to e-mail us at reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Excellent Place to Work
CARE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Emergency Department and Pedicatric ICUJanuary 6, 2017
CCMC is an excellent place to work. It is an incredibly busy place to work but I have learned so much, education is a priority. Management is phenomenal, they truly care about their employees.
Pros
They take excellent care of ALL their employees regardless of your position.
January 8, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We truly appreciate it, and we are glad that you are a part of our team at Cook Children's!

CCMC Environment of care
Night Shift Respiratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 23, 2016
Absolutely enjoyed the pediatric patients that I was privileged to treat here. There was no real professional advancement potential however, and the Respiratory Care director was horribly under educated and not qualified to lead a department.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Respiratory Director
January 5, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! If you would like to give us more information, please e-mail us at reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Great environment of care
Respiratory Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 13, 2016
Absolutely loved staffing the level 3 NICU and pediatric floors. Great staff to work with as well. The director was under educated and not at all qualified to be in her position however.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Department Director
January 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! If you would like to give us more information, please feel free to e-mail reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Amazing place to work.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2016
CCMC is an amazing place to work. The staff in all departments are fun and friendly, and committed to the goal of caring for children. Always something interesting going on for the children and for staff..
November 20, 2016

Thank you for kind words! We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a part of our team!

Good Company, Interesting Culture
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasOctober 31, 2016
**Review is for administration, and not clinical side"

Good company to work for, regarding benefits and pay, however, the culture is a little lacking, simply because it is still based on a "small company" environment. Processes have not caught up to the growth, (went from 3000 employees to over 6000 in 5-10 years).

Growth path is limited, due to people that have made careers at the company who do not intend to retire soon.

Good people all around though, and the atmosphere at work is always up-beat.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
culture
November 20, 2016

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the comments and the suggestions.

Telephone Operator/Customer Service
Telephone Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2016
This is by far the worst place to work. It was a very hostile environment from the manager to the others working in that department. Lies were told and the manager believed them if you were one of her favorites which meant you being the new person didn't stand a chance. I notice everyone that worked in that department were paranoid. It was always "remember I told you how to do this and remember I showed you that" I thought it was odd for them to always be trying to cover their butt, even if they didn't really show you how to do something. Some of the people in training made so many mistakes and instead of correcting them they just said, oh well, they will call back, even if it was a sick child''s mother calling wanting a nurse to call back. Either she forgot some information or forgot how to input data for the nurse to call back. There was one girl who had a lot of pull in that department and everyone was afraid of her including the manager. So if she didn't like you, then you could kiss your job goodbye. Very unprofessional place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Hostile environment, very unprofessional
November 20, 2016

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. Please, feel from to contact us at reputation@cookchildrens.org, if you would like to tell us more about your experience.

Loved working here!
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 12, 2016
This is the most positive and uplifting job I ever had. Seeing all the kids everyday really put a smile on my face and knowing that I'm there to help them made it worth getting up and going into work everyday!
August 21, 2016

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's! We are so glad you enjoyed working with us!

Company is great the Home Health Department is the worst.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2016
Cook's Medical Center is wonderful. The people are great and they really care about their employees. The Home Health Department on the other hand is one of the worst departments that I have ever worked for. The upper management there does not care about their employees. There is alot of favoritism especially towards the executive assistant. The Executive assistant is one of the main issues with that department. The turn over there is crazy and no one seems to care. Working for Cook's is great but stay away from Home Health.
August 21, 2016

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are so sorry about your experience with us. If you would like to tell us more, we would love to speak with you. You can e-mail reputation@cookchildrens.org, if you want to tell us more.

Estrogen crazy filled environment
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
Very estrogen filled environment. Rumors amongst entire staff. Rushed into working for them without having a specific trainer. Had 8 different nurses and paramedics tell me how to do everything differently. Was moved around from area to area. Brought in by managers telling me they heard rumors about me that were not true. I have never worked for a company that has dealt with employees like this. I have never worked for a company that has gossiped about so many people and then turn around and stab you in the back. If you like working with children and managers that act like children than this is the place for you. You will have a lot of training. Just make sure you keep your mouth shut about yourself bc it will be used against you. They will make you feel very welcome and question your entire life. If you make someone upset and they are friend's with your boss you will be fired. Very many clicks and groups. Most uncomfortable place I have ever worked. The nurses will treat the medics as incompetent and less than. If you can make it past the politics....you will hear nothing but screaming children all day. Many lies were told to get me in. Most medics will tell you it is a great place to work as long as you don't mind the gossiping and favortism.
Pros
expensive cafeteria food, no time to get other food
Cons
not enough time for computer training
Cook Children's review
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX 76092May 16, 2016
Over my 9 years with this company there has been a lot of non caring providers and nurses. Management is not caring at all and makes for a hostile work environment.
Unusual
Radiology Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2016
There appeared to be a lack of experience in senior leadership. The relationship with the management company, the physicians and the organization was made unclear to all working managers.
Great hospital, but horrible department (Anesthesia Tech)
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2016
I would like to start by saying Cook Children's is a great hospital. It's a company that truly cares about the needs of the patient, I only wish they would recognize what a disaster the Anesthesia tech department is. I would advise anyone to stay clear of this department. The atmosphere is very negative because it has a problem with keeping staff. The turn over rate is at an all time high causing staff to get burnt out because of being over worked. The department has no clear direction of a positive influence or how to recover from the damages. The morale is so low that even our best techs have left or seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
benefits, pto
Cons
horrible management, high turn over rate, understaffed
May 31, 2016

We are sorry that you time with us was not what you expected. We would love to hear more about your time with us. Feel free to call Ed, Valerie, or Heather at 682-885-4419.

Good company, not a good department
Environmental Service Aid (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Cooks is the best company that I have ever worked for! The environment is friendly and people are friendly. As for the EVS department, that is a completely different story. I only transferred to this department because of school. (Needed a later schedule) 2nd shift is the worst, you always clean up after 1st shift and if you don't take care of your stuff, you'll get in trouble. The supervisors are somewhat demanding. All bark, no bite. Teamwork? Where?? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one working. Call after call after call, come back from lunch early because we have work to do. Don't take a break, even though they stress that you take a break, in order to get caught up with tasks they give you and your daily tasks. There is no organization. Two different supervisors telling you to do something each, who do you listen to? I would recommend this company to anyone, but stay away from EVS.
Pros
Good company, great benefits!
Cons
30 min breaks
Enjoy working for Cook Childrens
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 22, 2015
Working for Cook Children's is wonderful. You get to interact with tons of children and their families. You get to work in a friendly environment.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
Short breaks
Fantastic position
Medical Transcriptionist - PRN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed transcribing the daily reports. My co-workers were helpful and considering when teaching new policies. I have done transcription for over 20 years. I worked well with management and have helped create a new system for daily transcription. The hardest part of my job was when I went up to the PICU to file the reports on the charts and seeing the actual patients, who were usually infants, laying in their beds. The enjoyable part was just knowing that these children were the number one priority of the hospital.
Department always worked as a team
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2015
Job was very challenging which is a good thing. Made me want to expand my knowledge for the department. My colleagues became family who I learned to trust and depend on them to help me when needed. Was able to get trust from families when they would come to my window and a regular basis. Was the only registration person in the area so I had to make executive decisions on a weekly basis to better Registraton and Out Patient Lab as one instead of as an individual department.
Cons
felt stuck, inability of growth
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The culture at the Cook Children's Healthcare System is fun and exciting. It's a great place to work, and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Medical insurance
Data Entry/ Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2015
This was a 90 day temp position with the possibility to hire, and at the end of the 90 days there were no vacant positions open. Their new budget began in October, but they were unable to extend my work further than 90 days due to finances.

I enjoyed working at Cooks and the work environment. I worked very hard daily entering claims into their claims system in order for the claims processors to process the claims. Some claims would auto adjudicate.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook Children's Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2