Cook Children's Health Care System Employee Reviews

Not a good experience
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2017
not a decent experience at all. there was no work/life balance. high stress, over worked. take care of their customers but employees, not too much. the hardest part was working with toxic people, under a manger with no experience.
September 18, 2017

Thank you for expressing and sharing your experience and your concerns. We take this feedback seriously and will look into how we can be more effective. If you would like to discuss further please send information to CCemployeerelations@cookchildren.org, and someone from Employee Relations will contact you to discuss in more detail.

Nice place to work and decorated with bright, cheerful colors
Certified Instrument Tech II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy going into work so that I can make a difference, to ensure no one gets sick from our instruments. My co-workers are friendly, helpful and work as a team.
The hardest part would be when a patient doesn't make it.
The team building events that our manager puts together for celebrations are fun.
Pros
Celebrations
September 18, 2017

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's! We really appreciate all of your hard work!

The management need to be trained how to communicate more effectively
Customer Service Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2017
A typical work day was loading the cart to serve the patients. This part was fast pace to serve food warm-hot. Management was very
unpredictable, uneven. The most enjoyable part or the job was seeing the patients get better and recover.
September 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your experience.

Excellent healthcare system
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Excellent benefits. Disagree with how they care about long term employees. My immediate supervisor was great. Enjoyed patients and doctors I worked with
September 18, 2017

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you decide to return to us, in the future.

Admin is a joke!
Clinical Coordinator, Safety Officer, LVN (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I use to love working for Cooks, but then admin decides they need to push the well paid higher ups out so they can bring in less experienced that they can pay little to nothing. Now I do not feel the same about working for Cooks. I thought they had more integrity than that. The same thing happened to the 2 previous people who held my position.
Benefits
Cons
They are never happy and very unappreciative
September 3, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. If you would like tell us more, please e-mail us at reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Good Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2017
This was a good place to work, they valued their employees, and their patients. I felt supported when working for this employer. I learned a lot while I was there for 13yrs
September 3, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for being a part of the Cook Children's family! We hope that you will consider coming back, in the future.

Rn
RN-BC (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2017
Excellent work environment. Patients come first and employees are appreciated and compensated well. Would never have left if husband's job did not require relocation to another city!
August 28, 2017

Thank you for the kind feedback! We hope that you will some day rejoin our Cook Children's family.

Patient Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2017
Fast pasted working environment must know how to talk with upset patients and how to calm them if they are up set. Here we all work well as a team I enjoy working here due to the time going so fast due to always having something to do.
August 28, 2017

Thank you for being a part of our Cook Children's team! We appreciate your work and your feedback!

Cook Childrens is a pleasant place for work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasAugust 24, 2017
I enjoyed the time i spent at Cook Childrens. The thing i enjoyed most was the doctors and nurses i had the pleasure of meeting. I mer some of the best staff at Cook Childrens. I had to relocate and that was the reason i parted ways with Cook Childrens.
August 28, 2017

Thank you for the kind feedback! We would love to have you rejoin our team, in the future!

Love working at Cook Children's
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2017
Only leaving because I am relocating to Colorado. I have had nothing but good things to say about my managers. It is a hospital so flexability is limited some times, but that can be with any job. Over all amazing place to work.
August 14, 2017

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope your future career path brings you back to Cook Children's.

fun workplace, develop skills
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 2, 2017
I worked with patients and families at a primary care clinic. It was fast-paced but was able to develop nursing skills. Great benefits and great doctor's to work for.
good place to work
Social Worker PRN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2017
Great people. Poor management.
Wonderful hospital. Most departments and most people are friendly. A few places in the management structure could change for the better.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! If you would like tell us more, please e-mail us at reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Great Work environment
Surgery Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 24, 2017
Very pleasant atmosphere. Kids around always makes people smile even if some are a little under the weather.

The job can be fast paced depending on the workload for that day.
July 25, 2017

Thank you for being a part of the Cook Children's team! We hope that your work journey brings you back to Cook Children's.

Company is expanding.
NRCMA (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work, would recommend. The environment is safe. The company is expanding in the DFW area. They will also train according to your job title.
Great place to be employed!
Clinical Coordinator LVN (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 11, 2017
Cook's is an amazing place and offers so much for families and they are dedicated to providing the best services for families while making it as pleasant as possible. I love working with Cooks!
Pros
Benefits, Care about their employees
July 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you are a part of Cook Children's, and we are happy that you have had a great experience with us!

Management supports you, Magnet
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 10, 2017
Strong and stable management. Appropriate patient/nurse ratio. Beautiful facility. Teamwork is strong. People here love their jobs and usually dont leave.
July 17, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! We are glad that you were a part of our team, and we hope you will consider us, as a future employer.

Family work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 26, 2017
Great place to work if you love kids and want to have a work family. Hard to balance family life working in a clinic 5 days a week and having to accrue time off.
Benefits
July 17, 2017

We really appreciate your honest feedback! We would love to hear more. You can call us at 682-885-4419, or you can e-mail us at reputation@cookchidrens.org. We would love for you to consider us, as a future employer.

Organization was on the cutting edge of treatment for children.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2017
I worked in the bone marrow transplant lab for a short time. But they provided the latest technologies in getting treatment for the terminally ill patients. I was flown in private jet to transport bone marrow to be treated for cancer to be returned to re-infusion cancer-free. This was new research and in most cases a last effort to save a child.
Pros
Top notch facility with cutting edge technology.
Cons
can't think of any
July 17, 2017

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's family! We appreciate your feedback, and we would like to learn more about your experience. If you would like to tell us more, please call us at 682-885-4419, or you can e-mail us at reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Patient Care Above All Else
Desktop Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2017
Every staff member is willing to place to the care of our patients above all other needs. The staff that supports the clinical staff is held to the same expectations.
June 26, 2017

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's! We are glad that you are here, and we are happy that you are a part of our team! Feel free to keep providing us with feedback.

Wonderful work environment
Neurosurgery Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2017
This is the best pediatric hospital! They provide excellent benefits, salary, work environment, and provide a team approach to all patient care. They support education and employee growth within their organization.
June 26, 2017

Thank you for being a part of the Cook Children's family! We are glad that you enjoy working for us! If we can ever do anything else to support you, please let us know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook Children's Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3