COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Supervise/Qualtiy and Control
Chicago and suburban Cook County (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
Love what I do, love the variety of job requirements. Everyday is a different day of duties. Look forward to going to my job in morning, and feeling a sense of accomplishment when I do leave to go home.
Benefits
Cons
nothing at this time to mention
Cook County
Medical Assistant Cook County Jail (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
I loved this job very much, the people were nice and friendly. This my current job until 2 weeks from now because of the budget cuts. They paid very well and I love alot
Pros
Paid very well
Cons
Was not that safe
just a check
Lead Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILJuly 18, 2017
Just terrbile only thing good is benifits you cant advance and you always get a lay off letter No good mangenment lots of favortism under staff doesnt want to help when you need things done
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
health insurance
Everyday is a new experience
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 30, 2017
I have learned so much in dealing with the hospital or the HIPAA law how to act and be a professional person in a public place. In my 17 years in the country. They will used you,to benefit them.
hard to get a job
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Its very hard to get employed with the hospital, and to keep your job if someone in upper management don't like you. Its like being in high school having to kiss up and make someone like you. Even if you have the education it hard to remain employed or return after being laid off.
Pros
if your liked can have a long career
Cons
hard to get hired or selected for an interview
Horrible red tape and constant lack of organization
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
Pay is decent but job stability long term is non-existent. Changes do not happen, no matter how hard you try, due to horrible red tape at all levels.
N/a
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
The job culture and management are a little tough. As long as you love what you do, the work becomes very easy and challenging. Great patients though.
Fun/excitig
Store-keeper IV (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2017
I really enjoy working for Cook County Hospital, as the job is easy to do and the management team works with staff to ensure that our jobs are completed in a timely manner.
Pros
o.k
Cons
o.k
Horrible work culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work is just come in, do your job, and go home. This is absolutely one of the worst cultures I have ever worked in in my entire life. Management is horrible, very disrespectful, and unprofessional. The best thing about working here is that the the pay is decent, benefits are pretty good, and the job is somewhat stable. It is a unionized company, but don't count on that saving your job as they go through periods of lay offs. Unless you know someone personally on the inside, there is little chance of advancing. Most people on the lower levels are just stuck there, even when they acquire education. The hardest part of the job is the work culture. It is hostile. The best part is serving others, and knowing that on any day, you just may have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
hostile work environment, poor chance of advancement
Hospital can be better
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2016
The hospital is not organized as well as it should be. The job is nice and ok. The patients can be a lot but they are ok to deal with. The fact that the job is consistent is a plus.
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2016
Helping hand in the community. Provides quality care to everyone regardless to their ability to pay. Excellent benefits, numerous opportunities for advancement.
work schedule
pre registration clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2016
report to work at 8:00 am, print daily work schedule, log on computer, set up work station. Start phoning patients. I love my coworkers we get along exceptional well in total I have 15 coworkers. The hardest part of my job is to drive the long distance to and from work. The most enjoyable part of my job is the decent pay and wonderful benefits.
Pros
enjoy my job
Cons
don't like the drive
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2016
I enjoyed working in the County system, I learned a great deal, my co-workers were great, always willing to help. A typical day at work was getting all the information into the system. The hardest part of the job was the day when the system went down, and we had to wait to put in our information to get reimbursement for the services we provided. The enjoyable part of the job was getting the needed revenue for the hospital.
Great team and supervisor.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2016
I had an amazing team willing always to help each other and a very encouraging supervisor. No micromanagement, which works great for me. In an environment like that, I feel motivated to work, therefore my productivity was consistently above average.
Overall very nice and friendly place to work
RN Staff / In House Registry (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
It is a nice company to work for. It has nice benefits but the pay is slightly lower than most hospitals in Chicago area for Registry. There is great experience in complex patients. The staff is very knowledgeable. They are nice and have been there for a long time. There are something's they could change but every where you work has room for improvement.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Lower pay
Hostile Work enviroment
Cook County Enployee (Former Employee) –  CermakDecember 10, 2015
Don't even deserve a star . You work in a hostile work environment management is not fair, play the game of favorites .Cermak High School ,you are treated like high school students management is very disrespectful. The killer once you buy your car ,the house and put the children in private school the threats began, no job security constantly told you can be fired.
Pros
none !
Cons
You never adjust
Its a great opportunity of advancement and growth
Clerk V (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2015
There are opportunities to transfer or apply for any open positions. It is a secure place to work. There are different culture, age group, and job classifications.
Good Place To Work
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILMarch 26, 2015
Typical day is working with other pharmacy department heads to implement overall strategy. Delegate assignments and responsibilities to specific departments to help entire operation function towards the department's overall goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9