Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center

Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center Employee Reviews

Very Productive environment
Internship (Probation Department) (Former Employee), chicago,ilMay 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Certain limits as an intern
A typical day at work consists of me following being the five probation officers and learning how to become a future probation officer.
Fun place to work!!!
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Fun place to work with a lot of diversity!! The pay is minimal like most social service jobs. And the case notes are a pain but a must do if the agency is to continue servicing clients as Medicaid notes are a cash cow for this agency. However, I learned a lot from my experience and my coworkers!
happier place before reform
Administrative Analyst I/Acting Management Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 24, 2015
The employees need to have more support from management. Employees are being hurt by residents and administration is blaming and are ignoring the employees' numerous request for help....

Also employees are being fired just on allegations of other employees or management staff without any factual evidence ....
Opportunity to learn and advance
Professional Development Specialist (Current Employee), TrainingNovember 8, 2014
I have the pleasure of holding various positions at Cook County. Met wonderful people who gave me support and an opportunity to grow. Hardest part about the job is not taking it personal. Seeing youth and wanting to help them find better opportunities in life makes me get up everyday and continue with my path.
Must be strong willed
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2014
Unless you know yourself and can be tough not a place to get a job at with long finger nails.
Growing
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
The juvenile justice system is growing and constantly changing. JTDC is the flagship of that change in the United States. Good salary and great benefits.
CCJTDC
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2013
It is a thankless job. It is however, a decent opportunity to segway into state or a federal position.
If u want to invite bad health into your life come here!
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ilJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Unprofessional,administration, the worst job i've ever had! Long hours
Very interesting place to work
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2012
If you like working with troubled individuals then this is the place for you.
Terrible
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ilOctober 29, 2012
Pros: payed rollcall
Cons: everything else
Worst place I have ever worked. Poorly managed facility, when compared to state facilities. Very low moral. They made you pay for parking in their parking garage.
Supervise residents with daily living; and disciplined leader with the proven ability to remain calm and deliver results in high-pressure situations
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: a lot of direspect
A typical day at the Juvenile Detention Center, is breaking up a fight between two residents. I have to keep account of all residents at all time, we are under a program called CBT that stands for Cognitive Behavior Training. It allegedly teaches the residents how to think before they react to a situation. In working for this facility I have learned you have to have patience in that type of facility. Management does not stick together very well. My Co-workers tries to do the best they can. The hardest part of my job, is accepting the mental abuse the residents displays to us.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that at least one of the resident was listening to all the encouraging words that we give.
Details
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Productive and detail orientated. Passion to work with kids.