Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2015
I counseled residents through daily activities with the residential and educational programs. I provided direct and continuous supervision of JTDC residents for safety within facility. I administered behavior management programs for crisis intervention in units. I intervened in crisis situations within using verbal de-escalation and physical restraint techniques
Pros
Salary
Cons
Horrible management/Mandatory overtime regardless of personal obligations
I would rather give zero stars.
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2016
Unprofessional, low staff moral, management as a whole is ineffective (there are a select few members of management that are competent and supportive, but unfortunately they are negated by the overwhelmingly larger amount of managers that are not). Balancing a personal life with work is difficult due to mandatory overtime. The security of your job can be put at risk based on other staff member's unethical behaviors. Everyone in the payroll/HR department is an enigma (in two years of employment I never spoke to my timekeeper, despite having several errors on my paycheck...always had to find someone else to do her job for her). Payroll/HR do not return voicemails or emails on a regular basis. This is a soul crushing job.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Supervise residents with daily living; and disciplined leader with the proven ability to remain calm and deliver results in high-pressure situations
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2012
A typical day at the Juvenile Detention Center, is breaking up a fight between two residents. I have to keep account of all residents at all time, we are under a program called CBT that stands for Cognitive Behavior Training. It allegedly teaches the residents how to think before they react to a situation. In working for this facility I have learned you have to have patience in that type of facility. Management does not stick together very well. My Co-workers tries to do the best they can. The hardest part of my job, is accepting the mental abuse the residents displays to us.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that at least one of the resident was listening to all the encouraging words that we give.
benefits
Cons
a lot of direspect
If u want to invite bad health into your life come here!
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ilJanuary 3, 2013
Unprofessional,administration, the worst job i've ever had! Long hours
Growing
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
The juvenile justice system is growing and constantly changing. JTDC is the flagship of that change in the United States. Good salary and great benefits.
happier place before reform
Administrative Analyst I/Acting Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMarch 24, 2015
The employees need to have more support from management. Employees are being hurt by residents and administration is blaming and are ignoring the employees' numerous request for help....

Also employees are being fired just on allegations of other employees or management staff without any factual evidence ....
Details
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2012
Productive and detail orientated. Passion to work with kids.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive Place to Work
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
Management is supportive of change initiatives. The environment is full of hard working employees focused on achieving the overall mission of the organization.
Very Productive environment
Internship (Probation Department) (Former Employee) –  chicago,ilMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of me following being the five probation officers and learning how to become a future probation officer.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Certain limits as an intern
Opportunity to learn and advance
Professional Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  TrainingNovember 8, 2014
I have the pleasure of holding various positions at Cook County. Met wonderful people who gave me support and an opportunity to grow. Hardest part about the job is not taking it personal. Seeing youth and wanting to help them find better opportunities in life makes me get up everyday and continue with my path.
Must be strong willed
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2014
Unless you know yourself and can be tough not a place to get a job at with long finger nails.
Terrible
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ilOctober 29, 2012
Worst place I have ever worked. Poorly managed facility, when compared to state facilities. Very low moral. They made you pay for parking in their parking garage.
Pros
payed rollcall
Cons
everything else
Ccjtdc
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2013
It is a thankless job. It is however, a decent opportunity to segway into state or a federal position.
Very interesting place to work
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2012
If you like working with troubled individuals then this is the place for you.

2.9