Cook Medical Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 24, 2017
Terrible work environment. I would not recommend the work environment to anyone but it's a big place. My experience was terrible and had to report to a team leader who made me sick to look at.
Pros
Vacation Hours
Good working hours
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 18, 2017
Making medical devices.The management is very poor. The managers have no clue in what to do with the products and steps to take to get the job done. They don't care about the employees opinion. To make sure you follow all 15 steps very carefully as long as you rad it step by step you are good. Working with others that worry about their self and the importance of making good product.
Pros
Decent pay, good benifit
Cons
In order to make good money you have to be there for several years
Large Private Company with small company culture
District Manager, Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2017
Cook Medical is an excellent company. Management is great, and the company is amazing to work for. My manager is the best boss I have ever had. I would recommend Cook to anyone wanting a great job in the medical device field.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Pay and marketshare
Great Medium Income Job
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INMay 11, 2017
A typical day at work entailed working on computers and printers, monitor set ups, dealing with deliveries and storage, and minor system updates. I learned everything I know about how computers work and how to fix them from this job. I also got to experience corporate life. My least favorite part of the job was the dead periods while installing system updates. My favorite part of the job was interacting with employees on the floor while installing computers.
Pros
2 breaks, 30 min lunches, included cafeteria and gym, health benifits, and advancement opportunities
Cons
family employee drama
Stable and innovative global company
Department Training Clerk/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spencer, INMay 10, 2017
I've learned that communication is a vital component to finding solutions. A typical day involves communicating with all levels of staff and production employees. Management teams are wonderful and work very hard adjusting to change, they adapt and keep production moving. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a good listener. The hardest part of the job is being ignored.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
flexible schedules are not available
Great job if not for the people
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 29, 2017
Job was not that bad, Overall the same tasks were performed everyday with expected breaks and lunch, Some of the supervisors were not very knowledgeable in the job that they were supposed to be doing. They also did not know how to deal wit people.
Pros
good benefits, decent common areas
Cons
supervisors
it is productive and its a fun place to work
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  blooomington INMarch 3, 2017
a typical day at work i clean bathrooms and recycle cardboard.
i learned how to clean bathrooms.
management is good
the workplace culture is good
the hardest part is keeping the cook plant clean
the most enjoyable part of the job is you get to do different things
Cons
breaks
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 24, 2017
Great place to work, positive team atmosphere with good leadership.
No hard part about the job, enjoyed working there and with the people I worked with.
Nice work environment. Friendly people to work with.
Quality Control Supervisor/Assembler/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Cook is a great company to work for. Most everyone is friendly and supportive of you and your job. Most of the jobs are enjoyable some can get stressful. Some of the management is not so nice and supportive. There are a couple that play favorites and if you're not one of them then you will be moved down from a good position or you want go too far trying to move up.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Poor management
Not much room for career advancement but good job security
Regulatory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 15, 2017
The company culture is overall very friendly. People are in general nice to each other. There is not much room for career advancement. Also, your pay raise every year or every promotion depends on whether your manager would fight for you. If you have a manager who does not care, you are doomed. The quality system is not very efficient and projects are in general moving slowly. Pay is generally low and pay raise for promotion is a joke (very minimum compared to many other companies). If you are good at getting things done well, they will give you more work, but not necessary more salary. It is such a demotivator. The only good thing is job security as they don't lay off.
Pros
Nice gym on site
Cons
Low pay, low PTO and holiday, no flexibility in work time
The worst job I've ever had
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILNovember 7, 2016
When you think of the worst non union job imaginable, this is what you think of. I was discriminated against because of my gender (male), low pay, treated horrible by trainers and supervisors. It felt like working in a prison. You're not even allowed to talk. No matter how good of a job I did, all they could do was find a way to put me down. The only good thing about this job is that it's first shift. It was a very boring job and the hardest part was coming in to work, which was very hard to do considering how lousy the job was. It's a very unprofessional environment and felt like high school with the cliques.
Pros
First shift
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, low pay
Not a bad job but doesn't pay well
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INNovember 7, 2016
The people are great it just takes to long to get paid a decent amount. The way manager work u hardly see them unless the are getting in trouble
Horrible place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vandergrift, PASeptember 25, 2016
Cook medical is a absolute horrible place to work. Average pay raise 5¢ to 10¢ once a year. Management couldn't care about employees at all. Would never recommend anyone to apply there.
Pros
Not working there
Cons
Love the clean work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Vandergrift, PASeptember 15, 2016
Very friendly people to work with and for. Clean, happy environment. Appreciate their employees. They have a cafeteria for lunches and breakfast. Very formal.
Great company
Endoscopy District Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Cook Medical is a very conservative company that puts patient care first & is of the utmost importance. Worlds largest privately held Medical Device manufacturer.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Very conservative company
Great Company
Clinical Specialist Aortic Intervention (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2016
Cook Medical is the largest privately held medical device company in the world. A true family owned business and you can sense that right when you walk in the doors. A great company with great employees.
Pros
Family run company
Cons
Lowest pay in the industry
Cook Family Health Center
Clinic Employee (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 19, 2016
Clinic has went down hill since new Practice Administrator now Director of Clinic. Concerns and complaints overlooked.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible HR, Medical Director, Practice Administrator now Clinic Director, Charge Nurse
Temp Employee Only
Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 10, 2016
I only worked at Cook for a short time and completed the assignment given to me. My supervisors and fellow employees were all very nice to me while I worked with them.
Absolutely the worst company I've ever worked for in my life
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INMay 3, 2016
A typical day at Cook is nose to the grindstone, no talking, you can't chew gum, women can't wear perfume, or makeup. I'm a hard worker I'm paid to do a job and that's what I'm going to do. I'm not the type of person who is going to visit or waste time doing things that are not job-related. However no matter how much you do or how good your product is, they have a way of making you feel like it's never enough. A lot of the rules and regulations make you feel like you're in prison not on a job.
As one of my former co-workers said it felt like we were back in Jr High. So much gossiping, backstabbing and so many clicks. Sadly you can't trust anyone not even management. Certain co-workers are allowed to be very rude and disrespectful of others. Unlike the rest of us they could talk and laugh to their hearts content and where never told to be quiet we had too much work to be doing so much visiting.
Sadly about the only thing I learned on this job is that some people never grow up and never leave the Junior High mentality.
As crazy as it might sound the hardest part of the job was just being there. The work wasn't difficult but putting up with some co-workers, management and the environment itself made it almost unbearable and very difficult to be there. The only good thing I can say is that you are allowed to listen to music or books on tape as you work.
Pros
Cafeteria food was excellent
Cons
VERY low wages, culture, management, very stressful
Great Company. Low Wages
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 29, 2016
Cook Medical is a great companyp however, salaries are not comparable to national standards. There is 100% job security but limited opportunities for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval