Cook Medical Employee Reviews in United States

Absolutely the worst company I've ever worked for in my life
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INMay 3, 2016
A typical day at Cook is nose to the grindstone, no talking, you can't chew gum, women can't wear perfume, or makeup. I'm a hard worker I'm paid to do a job and that's what I'm going to do. I'm not the type of person who is going to visit or waste time doing things that are not job-related. However no matter how much you do or how good your product is, they have a way of making you feel like it's never enough. A lot of the rules and regulations make you feel like you're in prison not on a job.
As one of my former co-workers said it felt like we were back in Jr High. So much gossiping, backstabbing and so many clicks. Sadly you can't trust anyone not even management. Certain co-workers are allowed to be very rude and disrespectful of others. Unlike the rest of us they could talk and laugh to their hearts content and where never told to be quiet we had too much work to be doing so much visiting.
Sadly about the only thing I learned on this job is that some people never grow up and never leave the Junior High mentality.
As crazy as it might sound the hardest part of the job was just being there. The work wasn't difficult but putting up with some co-workers, management and the environment itself made it almost unbearable and very difficult to be there. The only good thing I can say is that you are allowed to listen to music or books on tape as you work.
Pros
Cafeteria food was excellent
Cons
VERY low wages, culture, management, very stressful
Great Company. Low Wages
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 29, 2016
Cook Medical is a great companyp however, salaries are not comparable to national standards. There is 100% job security but limited opportunities for growth.
productive environment and helpful colleagues
Business Systems Analyst intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 28, 2016
A place for multi disciplinary work experience. A broad exposure to all functional area of business. The colleagues are very helpful and professional and was fun to work with.
friendly workplace
Bonding Department (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in early to work on medical parts in a friendly work environment and being proud of the work that I have accomplished.
Pros
working with friendly co-workers
Cons
I would like to be at a job where I can step up further.
productive environment
Catheter assembly (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 21, 2016
This is a great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities. They are a medical based company that supplies to hospitals and doctors offices. Great environment and place to work. No complaints
Company changed in recent years. No loyalty to long term employees
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phi ladeFebruary 16, 2016
More interested in the new employees and move them up the later. The long term dedicated employees get looked over. It is my impression they are trying to lose the higher payed people in favor of the lower payed people that they know will jump ship in a few years.
Enjoyed my time at Cook Medical
Poduction/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 13, 2016
I assembled catheters and feeding tubes to very high quality standards and I loved building them I enjoyed and looked forward to going to work daily.
Pros
excellent benefits
This place has went down hill fast and will continue if they don't get people in there for the people!!
Quality (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I worked for Cook 10 years! HR is useless, heartless and don't care about the people of Cook! Who calls there employees and tells them what a joy they have been to work with and how they enjoyed watching them grow...Cook fires me over the phone after just telling me what a joy I am to work with and telling me how much they enjoyed watching me grow within Cook!! I made an honest mistake I admit, but I did not deserve to be fired and they know that, they normally don't term employees over the phone they just didn't have the guts to do it to my face because they knew they were in the wrong! I've accepted there terms and moved on! God has bigger and better plans for me! So Thank you for letting me move on to bigger and better things for myself and my family!
Pros
I made lots of great friends
Cons
not for the people
Good Company Poor Compenstation
District Manager Aortic Intervention - Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2015
Cook is a great company with very patient focused outlook.
The compensation is always the biggest shortcoming of Cook.
Their training is top notch and is definitely intense, but if you study and work hard is fair and applicable to the job.
Team work was a must.
Assembler of medical supplies (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 5, 2015
I loved this place because I enjoyed making the medical supplies to help patients and doctor's with their patients. The management cared about its employees and showed it.
Pros
Gained alot of experience of medical supplies.
Cons
When they shut my department down.
Family oriented
Oracle/SQL Server DBA and Architect (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 28, 2015
Cook is a wonderful company to work for. The people are very friendly and they go out of there way to provide a good fun work environment.
A typical day for me begins at 6:30am and from that point nothing remains typical. The job is challenging and very dynamic. I may be doing Data architecture, Data migrations, DBA work or analyzing marketing data. Priorities change by minute and you must be able to shift from one responsibility to another.
Pros
Lunch cafeteria with great food at great prices
Cons
Working with other cook facilities worldwide and trying to merge very old repeated data together.
Productive environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 20, 2015
I worked at Cook Medical for almost 2 years. I worked in the same department and got really close with a few of the girls I worked with. The work was tedious and draining - I was a QC inspector on coils. The parts were very small and often difficult to work with.

I loved being able to make friends at work and I took advantage of overtime when my department had it.

The benefits were okay but could've been better and management definitely could've been better.
Pros
Making friends.
Cons
Management, working in a department of all females.
Exceptional
Cafeteria Prep (Former Employee) –  Spencer IndianaAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work i am cutting fruits, lettuces, and vegetables and setting up the salad bar, I would help serve food at the hot food bar, and take down and clean the salad bar after the cafeteria closed. I loved all my co-workers and even my boss. The hardest part of the job was when in the summer time the company hired 100 employess for summer help, which made the food run out quicker. I was the only one working the salad bar so i had to be quicker and prep more food.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
Working in the emergency dept can been fun at times
ER/CLERK (Current Employee) –  ADEL GAJuly 30, 2015
I love working in the ed,I love being able to elarn new things,and taking care of ppl that are in need.
I enjoy working with my coworkers,we all work well together and I am always willing to give the heloing hand at any time I am able to. I am very helpful in any siituation.
management and HR are very untrustworthy! !
Productio (Former Employee) –  Spencer IndianaMarch 15, 2015
Friendships are the most positive thing about working at Cook Medical. Management has faves and you have to brown nose to get anywhere.
HR will listen to your problems but do not keep confidential. Cafe food was horrific and prices were very high. Don't plan to work here if you have small children because even if you have the hours they will not let you use them when you need them..
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Management, HR backstabbing
Cook Medical
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 3, 2015
Very little opportunity to move up. Moving up was not based on your experience or qualifications but rather on who you knew. Pay is small compared to similar companies. Management was unprofessional by holding meetings on a regular basis to tell the employees that they were possibly going to get fired. It made for a very unstable work environment.
Pros
free gym
Cons
little pay
Very enjoyable place to work.
Production (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INJanuary 20, 2015
Was a very nice place to work. I was very well trained and was not allowed to work on product until I was trained. People were friendly and alway willing to help if I need something or didn't understand part of the process. Management was great. If you had an idea to make part of the process faster or easier they listen and sent the idea up to the engineering department. If the idea was productive with in FDA standards, the change request was put in and you would get credit on your next review.
Fun work environment with very laid back culture
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 19, 2015
Very good work/life balance where you are rarely required to work over 40 hours. Company has a very flat leadership structure. Very supportive management for project work.They also have a gym and cafeteria on site which is also very nice.Depending on which team you are on the hours are also flexible.
Pros
job stability, benefits
Cons
pay
Good job
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 18, 2015
Cook Medical is a good company. They offer great benefits and it is good steady work. If work runs low they find other areas to place you. The company has never had a lay off which is a plus. The work is very simple and can be learned fairly quickly. It can get repetitive quickly but it doesn't change a whole lot. The pay could be a little better and you do occasionally feel micromanaged but overall its a good company to work for.
Pros
good atmosphere, sometimes laid back
Cons
low pay, micromanaged, some tough restrictions
great place to work.
Basket Maker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 6, 2015
good location great people flexible hours on site cafeteria work out room .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook Medical. Our community is ready to answer.