Cook Out Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Chasier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 26, 2016
You could get along with people very quick and every one is willing to help when you don't understand. You meet new people and the customers are polite .
Worst place ive ever worked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 3, 2016
Yelling customers, terrible management, and not flexible hours. The co -workers were not bad. Late night week nights were the only really good times. It was slow and closing time.
Pros
50% off food
Good employees, questionable managment
general employee (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 7, 2016
It was a fun place to work and the other employees were great and helpful. The managers were questionable in their actions at times.
worst place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 30, 2016
only perk was free food but that made me slow and fat. everything about working for this company sucks, from the BS christian rock in the lobby to the 18 y/o cashier who has no clue about life. Or the super sad balls to the wall district manager who was such a b***h i had no choice but to quit.
Pros
food
Cons
everything else
Not a lot of Work/life balance
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 24, 2015
While I am afforded as many hours as I would like, working from 4pm-4am does not give me enough time for a social life. I like being depended on and enjoy being a leader. I do not enjoy being taken advantage of because they know I will not compromise who I am: a hard worker.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
short breaks(if I get any). Employees act out without any repercussions.
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 14, 2015
Working was fun and had excitement. Everyone usually got along and the day went by smoothly. Learned : Time management, working hard, multitasking, stocking, cleaning, shake making, and communication. The management was really good and understood any problems you were having and listened to your needs. The hardest part of the job stocking in the cold freezers. The cold wasn't really a big deal but was a problem after awhile. The most enjoyable part of this job was making shakes and the was really neat.
Pros
Discounted food, Higher pay, Faster promotions, and training in most fields.
Cons
Didn't close till really late, and co-workers (Sometimes)
Fast Paced and fun
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 27, 2015
A normal day at cook out is bagging food, taking orders, & making food . The mangers and co workers was friendly and supportive. The hardest part of this job was getting food out fast and correct .
Pros
free luches nice people
Cons
sometimes slow
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJuly 18, 2015
Great, learned a lot, positive people, always busy. I really enjoyed my managers. The people in the area were bothersome but it is to be expected. The employees were always kind.
Productive and hectic while working at Cook Out
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making friends very fast. My co-workers were really nice and helpful if i needed help with something. The management was really hectic because of some of them quitting and they kept moving them around.
Okay place to work, so far.
Crew (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 13, 2015
It's an 'ok' job so far. I'm being trained fairly well. It's just they get overwhelmed & end up making it harder on the new person by being on your back 24/7. You need to work at a normal pace and increase your speed over time after learning. They can't expect someone to learn things when they're barking things out at you every 5 seconds and not giving you a chance to speak. I've worked fast food, but it was different. I'm not used to "call outs" I know my call outs but it's hard to remember to do that and try to be super fast especially only a few days in.

Give someone time to actually learn. I promise you won't go out of business. Geeze. Other than that though, most people have been pretty nice and the training is not so bad, I'd just say after yesterday, kinda back off a little and let me have time to say and do things! I think it'll get better over time, but it's hard to do things when someone is telling you things you already know and not giving you time to say them all the while expecting you to go super fast and you're only a few days in and have only worked a few hours for the few days each day especially at lunch time! Let me learn. I learned my call outs within not even a day of gettting my call out sheet. I think that's pretty dang good. I'm TRYING so if I make a tiny mistake,forgive me I'm not used to having to call out things in the middle of someone's order. I'm used to punching in what they want and don't want, it shows up on the screen, and people just make it. It's not like regular fast food, it's a bit different and takes some getting used to.

Let me
  more... work a slower shift to get used to it more throwing me in the middle of "lunch rush" on my first few days and expecting me to be perfect is silly! UGH! I'm trying not to get discouraged, but geeze! I try to be understanding that sometimes everyone gets overwhelmed, because trust me it can get overwhelming, I know! But, cut me a little slack here. I'm new, I'm learning, and I TRY. Which is gonna be hard to do if people aren't giving me a chance. Super frustrating. But like I said, all in all, it's an okay place to work, I just think when you train people it's best to let them learn and not be on their back like you're gonna go out of business if your time is up a little bit or there's no tomato on a burger by accident. Life will go on and it'll be okay. Being on my back and not allowing me to learn peacefully is going to probably going to slow my efficiency down. That makes it MORE stressful. Just saying.

Thank you for reading.
Pros
Employee discount, pay rate.
Cons
N/A
Opening Store
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 28, 2015
Start the day out by checking inventory, check on crew see how they were doing. I learned to be fast peace. Management team was fair and by the book. Follow co workers were fun to be around. When it was time to get to work they got the job done.
Pros
Free lunch, Pay
Cons
No family time
Wonderful
Customer Service/Training (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 1, 2015
I handled cash; I worked up front with the customers and also preformed professional customer service skills to go the extra mile. I worked in the kitchen as well as the front. I was a leader position at this job, and it wasn't easy. Very tiring, and I worked SO many hours. It was fast paced, but the management wasn't the greatest. This was a great paying job.
Very efficient and productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 6, 2015
A day at cook out is very productive. Every day we used to go through fast hard working days. Food processing jobs are the most stressful but fun jobs out there and working at cook out, I have had a great experience.
Quality serving, fast-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working at Cook Out was being able to offer satisfying customer service to hungry persons that think highly enough of the company itself to eat there. The hardest part of the job was working with younger indivduals and serving rude and disrespectful customers. The management was a bit challenged which yielded issues between co-workers, which was also a difficult part of the job. I learned how to utilize a cash register, void orders, manipulate different food stations, and maneuver productively and effectively in a fast-paced environment amongst other concepts and skills.
Pros
Food half off, fast service, quality food
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, unprofessional management
friendly job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 8, 2015
I learned a lot working at Cook Out.. It was a friendly atmosphere , where we all knew how to do team work. I was always helping other employees with finishing their tasks. But over all It was a fun and cool job.
loyal to the employees, overtime is welcome, learning programs for every position.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 8, 2014
You start with stocking every thing up, putting people in their position, getting the service times posted up. I have learned every station in three years, moved from cashier to shift leader then to a MIT. The management is very sturdy, up beat, very loyal to everyone. The hardest part is learning positions, and keeping up with fast pace movement, the most enjoyable part is getting to know the family and serving the best quality of food in the fastest amount of time.
Pros
1/2 off lunch, over time, flexible schedule
Cons
no insurance unless a manager, slowly moving up in positions.
not a good place to work if you require a social life or have kids
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 24, 2014
As I said above this company is great fro single people looking to work crazy hours in order to have money and never spend it because the one day you get off a week you will be so tired all you do is sleep. But it varies on the location of your store. The store I was located at was very easy going with raises.
productive in a fast pace environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2014
In a fast pace environment like cookout, you have to be on point with everything. The likes and the dislikes of customers , remembering their normals and there orders is a very difficult part, but you got to multi task. Multi tasking in a fast pace restaurant you have to count money and deliver the right food to the right customer in the least amount of time. The management is very nice they help you with anything you need help with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers attitude towards fast food and their excitement and energy. Things i learned in the business overall, is how to multi task and still keep the customers satisfied and coming back.
Pros
Cons
Not enough Income
busy
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCOctober 8, 2014
great, awesome, this job is better than most fast food you really make the money at this job offer you over time opportunities you able to move without waiting for some to quit or get fired if you handle steady business in fast food and able to multitask then is a job you will love
Always kept me busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at Cook Out. I enjoyed working with and got along with my co-workers. I loved our busy Friday and Saturday nights. This is truly a company where team work is demonstrated on a daily basis and the managers don't mind getting their hands dirty as well.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Tight working space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook Out. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9