Cook Systems International Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Place to worl
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2016
Everyone at Cook Systems are very friendly and get along great
it is a hard working company and is growing.

I managed 1 to 2 employees and oversaw the payroll Department.

HR and Payroll were the greatest , I enjoy talking to the employee's and helping them with any issues that may come up.

My Manager was the Best person, very hands on and would work with you on anything, she is very hard working.

Cook Systems was one big Family.
Pros
Cons
not a lot of room to advance
Poorly managed with unrealistic expectations
Managing Director and Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2016
Cook Systems made an attempt to open an office in the Atlanta market without carefully researching and understanding the varying market conditions from their operations in Memphis. I had several meetings to present strategies afor the Atlanta market but at the end of the day they were not ready to make the investment.
Great Place to work
FastTrack'D Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
Family oriented company. great place to work. The Fasttrack'd program is very difficult, but if you are able to dig deep and make it through, you come out as a great and skilled developer with irreplaceable skills.
Interesting Work environment, Decent benefits, helps get your foot in the door.
FastTrack'D Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2016
Your typical work day is pretty par for the course. Sometimes the work environment is crazy but I have a feeling that is the way this industry works. I learn how the programming cycle works and how agile works and functions. Management are okay they seem to care how you are doing and want you working on something. Co-workers are also par for the course. The hardest part of this job is the below average pay. If you aren't going into this for the experience then you might feel underwhelmed. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility.
Pros
Work anywhere, good first experience in the industry.
Cons
Low pay.
Best place I've worked yet
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MemphisOctober 16, 2015
Company has the feel of family. Owner genuinely cares about employees. Keeps contractors on paid bench between assignments. No other company does that. I saw the review below. Who ever that is must have an axe to grind. No such exodus has ever occurred since I've been here. I can't even think of any project manager who has left in that time frame. We did fire one person around then but they were not a PM. Sounds like fictitious story by disgruntled person on anonymous forum. I sure like it here.
Cons
Management is maybe too relaxed sometimes.
Very uncertain future for the company and employees.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
Interesting work was dangled- expert system for items lost in large logistical company.

Management flakey but largely invisible.

Two thirds of software developers left en mass.
Good hearted consultancy agent thats growing.
Java Developer in Training (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2013
As a consultancy agency a typical day at work is dictated by the contracted employer, but Cook is looking to get you the jobs.
Java Developer
Java Programmer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnJanuary 23, 2013
I was trained through seven week of Java Boot Camp with Cook Systems International.