Cookeville Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

I would not recommend this place.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 28, 2017
Management is not fair. They do not care about their employees. For what they expect the pay is much lower than what would be fair. I would not recommend this place if you want to be treated fairly. If overall management does not like you even just for personal reasons they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Teamwork and fun
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TN 38501April 11, 2017
I enjoyed work with team at CRMC and the co-workers are so caring. I love how they are fun to do birthdays cakes or donuts day or win a prize. I enjoy doing paperwork and doing mail run.
Pros
free cake or donuts
Cons
nothing
It was just a job
Informatics (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 10, 2017
People are just numbers. There's no effort made to insight loyalty amongst the employees. The job was in itself a good job. The management team is not a good fit. They only worry about the money and not doing the right thing.
Pros
Good nurses
Cons
Poor management
Quality Environment
Administrative/Leadership Intern (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 27, 2017
This hospital puts a focus on quality improvement, better patient outcomes, and employee satisfaction. Every decision made in the hospital aims to incorporate lean process improvement
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Parking
Overall Good Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 25, 2017
I truly enjoy working at the hospital. There are so many aspects and always room to grow. Most of everyone is friendly and I have worked in two different departments.
Great Company
IT Analyst, Clinical Coordinator, Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work. This is a very professional place to have a career. All the employees and management are very nice and understanding. I would recommend it.
Productive.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TN 38501January 16, 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in the field. I am more interested in psychology so I did not find patient care to be too appealing. I was a PCA (does the same work as a CNA).
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
not enough of a break
Supportive Environment
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 18, 2016
Nurses and providers work well together. Hospital culture is to provide quality healthcare with a team approach. All employees are members of the team and are an important part to providing quality healthcare.
Pros
Team approach to healthcare.
Productive with plenty of down time
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at work consists of, working with one other coworker for 12 hours taking patients to and from various places around the hospital. So far, I've learned how to handle patients in different scenarios, for instance what goes with them and what says with the ER. The hardest and enjoyable part of the job is all the walking/exercise I get from it.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Sore feet
Productive fun loving place to work
PCA/ Unit Secretary/ Triage Tech (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 6, 2015
Loved working here at the ER. Co-workers were amazing. most enjoyable part was helping all of the people that came into the ER.
Wonderful Enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 17, 2015
I have enjoyed being at CRMC for the past 3 yrs. Wonderful place to work. They offer great benefits and my DON is very great to work with my schedule. I have three kids and she has went above and beyond to help me.

They provide education opportunities for everyone. My husband also works here!
Exciting, Challenging, Experience everday
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  NurseryAugust 7, 2015
Birthing of newborn; feeling relieved when your hear the first cry; Your heart beats faster when you don't; and you go into nurse mode; Lets get that baby crying, we want to see a healthy baby; a new life, a new wonderful experience for this family; Team work always come into play to make this successful.!
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
short or no breaks
Great atmosphere, depending on unit
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 25, 2015
Great employment opportunity, management was fair and understanding. The food was a bit too expensive, even with the employee discount.
Interesting work.
surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Cookeville TnJune 18, 2015
This job was very stressful at times. Especially the hours I worked. I was on third shift and I never did get used to that. There were also a lot of soap opera type of situations going on and that was very frustrating, when trying to concentrate on your work.
Productive place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  cookeville tnMay 15, 2015
I worked 2nd shift and cleaned rooms from 3pm until 12Am. I cleaned rooms and cleaned surgery suits. I had to work alot on my own and clean rooms in a hurry due to many discharges being on the board. I had to come up with ways to help others who were not so quick at cleaning to help them with their areas also.
Cons
management
State of the art
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 7, 2015
Cookeville Medical Center focuses on patient care. The facility is equipped with state of the art instrumentation. Cookeville Medical Center can handle a wide range of care from minor trauma to pediatric care to cancer treatment.
Pros
Updated equipment
Cons
Low morale among employees
Great Enviroment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the rooms, giving patient assistance, and supervising. The administration in the hospital is not the best, however the staff is friendly and willing to help.
Access to great community
physical therapy tech/support staff (Former Employee) –  cookeville, tnMarch 24, 2015
scheduled patients for outpatient physical therapy, worked with university sports medicine, local orthopedic surgeons. detailed patient demographic & insurance info.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
sometimes out of the loop with updates & changes
It's a good job with wonderful doctor's to work with.
Sleep Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
It's a six bed sleep lab with up to date equipment and wonderful doctor's who don't care to come in and sit down with the tech's to talk about the future of the sleep center. Every time I have had any dealings with the management some of them are easy to talk to but hard to get clear answers from. But I feel this is probably true about most major hospitals. The most enjoyable thing about working here is how laid back it is and how many people you get to help.
Pros
Good Doctor's, good Benefits.
Long days--with great coworkers
CST (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 22, 2014
Though we more often than not have some really long days, I have the pleasure of working with some really great people. It's a good thing since we're all together more than we are with our own families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cookeville Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Cookeville Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location