Cookeville Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting, Challenging, Experience everday
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  NurseryAugust 7, 2015
Birthing of newborn; feeling relieved when your hear the first cry; Your heart beats faster when you don't; and you go into nurse mode; Lets get that baby crying, we want to see a healthy baby; a new life, a new wonderful experience for this family; Team work always come into play to make this successful.!
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
short or no breaks
Wonderful Enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 17, 2015
I have enjoyed being at CRMC for the past 3 yrs. Wonderful place to work. They offer great benefits and my DON is very great to work with my schedule. I have three kids and she has went above and beyond to help me.

They provide education opportunities for everyone. My husband also works here!
Productive fun loving place to work
PCA/ Unit Secretary/ Triage Tech (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 6, 2015
Loved working here at the ER. Co-workers were amazing. most enjoyable part was helping all of the people that came into the ER.
Productive place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  cookeville tnMay 15, 2015
I worked 2nd shift and cleaned rooms from 3pm until 12Am. I cleaned rooms and cleaned surgery suits. I had to work alot on my own and clean rooms in a hurry due to many discharges being on the board. I had to come up with ways to help others who were not so quick at cleaning to help them with their areas also.
Cons
management
Interesting work.
surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Cookeville TnJune 18, 2015
This job was very stressful at times. Especially the hours I worked. I was on third shift and I never did get used to that. There were also a lot of soap opera type of situations going on and that was very frustrating, when trying to concentrate on your work.
It's a good job with wonderful doctor's to work with.
Sleep Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
It's a six bed sleep lab with up to date equipment and wonderful doctor's who don't care to come in and sit down with the tech's to talk about the future of the sleep center. Every time I have had any dealings with the management some of them are easy to talk to but hard to get clear answers from. But I feel this is probably true about most major hospitals. The most enjoyable thing about working here is how laid back it is and how many people you get to help.
Pros
good doctor's, good benefits.
State of the art
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 7, 2015
Cookeville Medical Center focuses on patient care. The facility is equipped with state of the art instrumentation. Cookeville Medical Center can handle a wide range of care from minor trauma to pediatric care to cancer treatment.
Pros
Updated equipment
Cons
Low morale among employees
Access to great community
physical therapy tech/support staff (Former Employee) –  cookeville, tnMarch 24, 2015
scheduled patients for outpatient physical therapy, worked with university sports medicine, local orthopedic surgeons. detailed patient demographic & insurance info.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
sometimes out of the loop with updates & changes
Great atmosphere, depending on unit
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 25, 2015
Great employment opportunity, management was fair and understanding. The food was a bit too expensive, even with the employee discount.
Great Enviroment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the rooms, giving patient assistance, and supervising. The administration in the hospital is not the best, however the staff is friendly and willing to help.
CT/xray Tech
Full Time CT/Imaging (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 28, 2014
Very political, city owned hospital.
No team work. You are on your own here.
Daily duties included all CT's and xrays. Also Fluro procedures.
Co-workers were pretty nice and helpful, however management was very MICRO style. The hardest part of the job was working two 17.5 hour days back to back on Saturday and Sunday then coming in for a 6 hour day though the week.
Pros
was very close to my house, it was only 15 mins away, it had a very nice looking building on the outside, we had patient care transportation which helped the back from hurting .
Cons
management did not seem very helpful, and immediate surpervisor in ct was very controlling, and hard to work with. the ct department was not organized very well, the ct department was not staffed enough.
Great people to work with
Patient Care Assistant - 6 North (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 4, 2014
6 North had wonderful co-workers to work with, always someone to lend a hand of you needed it. Being there has only sharpened my time management skills. Management always tried to help those of us in school by working around our school schedules and family lives when possible. I really enjoyed being able to help bring some joy to those who had to be in the hospital, but at the same time it was very hard to see those who were with us who never had family come to visit.
Pros
flexible hours while i needed them.
Cons
being a part time employee & not offered full time with in my 8 months there.
Busy Growing Hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 8, 2014
A Typical day at CRMC would consist of recording temperatures of multiple refrigerators, putting medications in proper area, answering patient call lights, placing physician's orders into the computer system, answering pediatric doors and alarm system, making appointments for patients, relaying information to fellow co-workers and physicians, and answering multiple lines. Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
na
Wonderful work environment
Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 6, 2014
As a float nurse I worked all areas of the hospital. Each day I didn't know if I would be pulled to one unit or five units but that did not bother me. Each unit welcomed me and assisted me with whatever task was at hand. The nurse-patient ratio was an acceptable ratio regardless of acuity of the patients. It has been the best place thus far to work.
Pros
acknowledge staff and reward accordingly
Wonderful work environment
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 30, 2013
I enjoy working at the hospital and I like my co-workers very much. Management is very good and I think they are doing a good job. My typical day is 12 hours working in the Emergency Room and registering patients. The hardest part is sometimes trying to keep up with all the ambulances that come in. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the different people I come in contact with. It is never a dull day at work.
Pros
good work environment and good people
Cons
short lunch (only 30 min) and long days (12 hours)
Love the patients and the people I work with.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 14, 2013
I go to work and record vital signs. The patients receive their breakfast then go to therapy. Then I straighten the rooms. I put the vital signs in the computer. After that I order stock and assist with baths. The management and co-workers are good people that are team players and resolve any problems quickly and responsibly. I enjoy all aspects of the job. There are really good days and a few bad days.
Pros
great place to work for and woderful people to work with.
Cons
not what i want to do anymore.
Good place to work if one loves cleaning
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 26, 2012
A typical day consisted of cleaning hospital rooms for patients as well as cleaning operating and emergency rooms. I learned how to use my work time wisely and how to do my job a faster but productive way. I did not coordinate with management or co-workers often, but when I did they were kind and helpful. The hardest part of my job was only having a certain amount of time to clean a specific number of rooms. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with patients while cleaning. It was fun to hear stories from the elderly patients and made my job more enjoyable.
A team of caring compasionate people caring for others.
Strong Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 28, 2013
12 hr shift 830a to 9pm Emergency room Registured patient & verified all information obtained copies of license & insurance cards for each patient verified insurance information also answered phones entered all information into our computers
I was totally new to insurance verification when I started it was the most difficult to learn it's always changing but I did it
Management & coworkers all worked well as a team, made a lot of friends
Hardest part was resigning, it was affecting my blood pressure as it is an extremely stressful job dealing with all kinds of situations but I loved what I did
I loved the fast pace we did our jobs up & down sitting & standing a lot of walking I like that
Fun workplace
Phlebotomist/ Secretary/ Courier (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 24, 2014
When you walk through the door, be prepared to work:) Phlebotomists have a whole to-do list of patients to see and paperwork to complete. I loved the atmosphere most of the time. Some days are rough, as in any other job.. but some of the things you see and people you meet are well worth a tiresome day.
Pros
vendor lunches, giveaways, discounts
do not work there
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  cookevilleJune 26, 2012
Awful place to work. It's run by ppl that are not qualified for thier positions or deserve them. They try to brain wash an make you think that crmc is the only place there is to work. Its steady getting worse every year. After i left crmc stopped all 401k overtime an annual raises. Its worth the hour drive to work at a different hospital.
Pros
non
Cons
all