Cooley Dickinson Hospital

Cooley Dickinson Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place to work. I really miss my coworkers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Northampton, MAApril 28, 2014
Great place to work. The lab at Cooley has one of the best people in the world. The Directors to the assistant are wonderful people and are very understanding. The work is culture is great. They put the patients first and give them the best. The people take great pride in their work.
very chaotic disorganized and hostile work environment
Staff Nurse Inpatient Behavioral Health (Former Employee), Northampton, MAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor team work
difficult environment with interpersonal relationships, no team spirit
Productive work a fast growing hospiital
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Northampton, MAFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at work was very enjoyable. What makes it enjoyable are the patients and co workers I worked with everyday. Management was great always there for any questions or concerns. I didn't have a hard days work because I know what my job entails and I do this profession with a whole heart I would never trade my career for anything.
homey work place
Barista (Former Employee), Northampton, MAJanuary 29, 2014
you mostly get regulars at the cafe, so that gives you the chance to really get to know your costumers
management was alright, they're a bit wound up, but its a hospital, so that's kind of to be expected
coworkers are nice, the doctors are always grateful for you giving them coffee
since it is a hospital you get a lot of stressed relatives, but you – more... learn to not take it personally
note: this position is, i'm almost sure, only for volunteers. i was payed on stipend, by another company – less
unfortunately great group of workers was broken up
emergency room/behavioral health technician (Former Employee), northampton massJanuary 17, 2014
was very busy emergency room. worked with a great group of dr's and nurses and other technicians. cardiac arrests and psych was the hardest part of the job.
A very friendly atmosphere with great people throughout.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Northampton, MAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great employees and good benefits.
Cons: rapid employment turnover
A typical day at work would not be typical. There was something new every day which made the work enjoyable and exciting. Challenges were faced almost daily and we all worked together to resolve them.
Great workplace
Student/Clinical Internship (Former Employee), Northampton, MAJuly 17, 2013
Cooley is a great hospital and is in a great community with great clientele.
Friendly, professional place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee), Northampton, MAApril 10, 2013
This is a friendly and professional place to work. They have an excellent team environment.
Great place to work for life balance
Human Resources (Former Employee), Northampton, MASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too many lay-offs every year!!
I was able to leave work when there was a child's event, although I worked 50-60 hours/week (in the office, in the evenings, and on the weekends). But as long as my work was completed, CDH was very flexible. Made many life-long friends working at CDH for 9 years.
Caught up in budget cuts.
At-Home Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Northampton, MAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: lots of hospital wide "programs" to get employees together.
Cons: job insecurity.
Because of the potential budgeting issues with new healthcare reform, etc., the hospital is looking for all ways of cutting costs. This includes replacing people as much as possible with technology. If you are in a nursing or medical professional position requiring direct patient care, you are safe. Other than that, upper management seems to be safe, – more... but all others are expendable. In spite of this, people are very kind and upbeat, for the most part. I worked from home, doing the same type of work, so really cannot speak to promotional possibilities or on the job training. – less
Very good busy fast-paced enviornment, overall staff is very friendly. Managment needs improvement.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Northampton, MAJune 6, 2012
Responsible for performing general, portable, emergency, and surgical radiologic exams
Extensive use of PACS system
Knowledge of darkroom techniques
Extensive experience working with students

About Cooley Dickinson Hospital

Cooley Dickinson, a 140-bed acute care hospital, provides patient-centered health care services both at its main campus in Northampton, – Read more