Job Title: *R&D/Development Technical Manager
Location: Cranston, Rhode Island
Employment Type: Full Time
Years of Experience: 12 plus
Education Level: Bachelor or Masters
This position will be responsible for new product development, product improvement and product modification projects.
- Position will provide technical application support to field sales personnel and interact with suppliers and customers.
- Will develop raw material specifications, testing standards, and product specifications.
Key areas of knowledge:
- Formulation of PVC compounds, TPO, TPU, and other chemical compounds along with Polymer extrusion system stabilizers, lubricants, and processing aides.
- Plus woven and knit fiber and fabric construction and Extrusion and coating process technology.
- Polymer rheology and testing instrumentation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must include a B.S. or M.S. in Polymer Chemistry or Plastics Engineering
- Ideal candidate from UMASS Lowell department of Plastics Engineering with thorough knowledge of polymer systems, including materials such as PVC, Polyurethane, Olefins, etc., or a
- 12+ years of experience with knowledge of analytical methods of polymer characterization, with a background in polymer blending and property determination of the blends
- Experience with extrusion coating is required.
- Knowledge of knit, woven and non-woven textiles is a plus.
- Experience and ability to plan and manage major projects from inception to completion
- Supervision of lab technicians and other professionals as required
Indeed - 14 months ago
Cooley Group Holdings' polymer materials are used to create a variety of cool products, including digital murals, safety gear, and...