Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants Employee Reviews

Good money, bad morale.
Waiter (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Discount on wine
Cons: Disappointing upper management and benefits.
This place is great to come into and make your money and then leave. They have the "very replaceable" attitude about their employees and that's okay. I'm just more of a company man and I love to feel appreciated as much as I like to feel good about who I work for.
Team Based Services
Server (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: half off food and 40% off wine
Cons: n/a
Wonderful place to work! Co-workers are very welcoming to new staff members! A very team based restaurant! Very busy and up to date restaurant!
Welcoming and rewarding workplace
Host (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent employee benefits, such as: two free wine tastings a month for employees; half-price employee meals, 40% bottles of wine.
Cons: Difficult to navigate, on the Plaza with limited parking.
Cooper's Hawk is a fun and engaging place to work. It is a restaurant and winery that encourages its employees to work together and help one another with various tasks. The hardest part of the job is that the restaurant is two stories, so it's difficult to communicate with the whole team because most of the servers are upstairs. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with team members and management that genuinely like working at the restaurant.
An Exciting and Lively Work Environment
Assistant Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2015
This job has taught me a lot about what I want to do in the future. I love the hospitality industry however food and beverage isn't my most desired area. I love working with my co-workers, I do my best to work smoothly with our management team.

I enjoy interacting with guests the most and I love to see smiles on everyone's faces. The hardest part of my job is enforcing policies while still holding up guest service standards as they can be rigid.
Fun enviorment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMay 15, 2015
Working at Coopers Hawk Winery was a fairly easy job. However advancement in the job was hard to come by. My coworkers were nice, some of the managers weren't as nice. I feel a good work environment starts with the management.
very exciting
line cook (Current Employee), Short Pump, VAApril 14, 2015
A typical work shift would consist of teamwork and fun while in the workplace. I've learn different stations such as prep, fry, and pantry .My co-workers are very motivated and energized individuals.
Fun and innovative company
Tasting Room Attendant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 14, 2015
Pros: half off all meals, great employee discounts, work with you for time off
Cons: management needs to be more experienced and communicate better
Love working for this company, even though there are some short comings in our particular location. Come in and do your work, have fun with coworkers, and leave. Pretty straight forward as far as what is expected. Management needs more experience, especially with communication and some issues with guest relations. My coworkers are awesome. We are a big family here. Hardest part of the job is dealing with communication failures and some immaturity. Most enjoyable part is sharing products I like with guests.
Hostess (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short breaks
I would usually get to my job nice and clean, look up reservations and right away make the calls to confirm the parties of guest and time. I learned how to make reservations since I was never involved in that kind of job. The management crew was amazing, but sometimes we had to pull a double shift which it was very tiring! working from 10am-9pm. I had fun at work, not goofing around, but I knew who I loved working with. The hardest part of the job was when we had to get on the waitlist. Unfortunately, we hoped that tables would get cleared up. There was a bright side of every day I would work. Right after each shift I would get everything done and go to the kitchen and buy myself something to eat and relax.
its an ok job
Food runner (Former Employee), kenwood ohioFebruary 2, 2015
come into work clean the building and then do whatever the servers asks you to do. also run food to the table when its ready.
Great work environment doing something I'm passionate about
Tasting Room Attendant (Current Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: option to create your own schedule
Cons: insurance benefits are not available to me
Cooper's Hawk has the potential to be a great transitional job, and maybe even a career for some. However, it does not provide the financial stability I am looking for at this point in my life. While the option to make your own schedule is a major plus, especially for someone with plans to finish school within the next six months, sometimes the hours promised are not delivered.
Great place, but not conducive to family life.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2015
The hardest part of this job is the work life balance, or the lack of balance. Coopers is a great company to work for, and it is growing fast so the opportunity for advancement is great.
fun job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Easton, OHApril 8, 2014
nice place to work at with benefits, you get the chance to advance if you prove yourself well
Coopers Hawk
Bartender / Server (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great menu and the work is very busy
Cons: lack of proper preparation and support from management.
Coopers Hawk is a semi-fine dining establishment with a primary focus on wine and wine pairing. Working here consists of general prep work for the day including cutting fruits and cleaning equipment as well as sales. We have the largest wine club in America and that comes into play while working with guests. Co workers are very friendly as is the management. Every day we are working with new guests and making friends out of returning guest.
Great in the beginning then nothing.
F.T. Tasting Room Attendant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: the guest
Cons: the management and no regards to their staff.
Started out loving the people I worked with. All the managers were great! We had regular meetings and talked about things that needed to change. After my maternity leave was when things went south for me. Management changed drastically. Staff changed drastically as well. It was hard for anyone to get a promotion that wasn't on the General Managers good side. When it was time for a raise, I had to remind them. There was no such thing as seniority and all my hours were given to new hires. The only thing I loved about my job was making our guest happy. That's why I stayed as long as I did. I still miss the guest to this day.
Busy
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), merrillvilleNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed working here. Cracker Barrel is a very busy place of business.
Great wine and great atmosphere but poor management.
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great food and wine.
Cons: health care, poor management team, no structure, company does not take care of their workers, cut hours and not enough pay.
My work day consists of preparing opening food items to start lunch. And then prep soups, sauces,as well as other foods to keep the restaurant productive.
Amazing Place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Brookfield, WISeptember 24, 2013
The maangement knew how to make it fun but also have the presence of authority. Great environment, and great people to work with.
Restaurant Management
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, meals, wine, bonus
Cons: 60-70hrs per week
Coopers Hawk is a modern casual restaurant and Winery. We have a full bar, dining room, Mezzanine, private dining room, and tasting room in Columbus. A typical day at work involved setting floor plans, managing staff, expoing food, talking with Guests, and selling a great concept with the food, wine, and service to back it up. I learned about gracious hospitality and working with staff to be respected and appreciated. It was a very large restaurant and new to Columbus. The hardest part of the job was the volume of sales we did with the new staff. Starting a new restaurant and hitting the ground running and not stopping. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself. Believing in and selling a company that is truly great. We had delicious food, fantastic wine, a gorgeous restaurant, and great management team.
AWESOME JOB
Front Desk Host (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMay 21, 2013
Pros: food, pay, management, security
This job to me was one of my favorite jobs till this day. I worked here for about 3 months and it was the best job I could ask for. You have wonderful management and the position is awesome. I was a host and I loved helping our guests everyday and making their experience an unforgettable one. The food is defiantly to die for. If you ever have the chance to dine here make sure you do. You will be coming back for more.
Great productive workplace.
Host (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
Management is great, but they try to keep labor hours down therefore they hire many employees and offer little hours. the co-workers are awesome and everything is enjoyable while being there.

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants Salaries