Cooper Clinic Employee Reviews

Productive, free Love you a Latte coffee on Valentine's, Salsa tasting contests, fit and fun games on the lawn for employees
Executive Assistant to Concierge Physicians (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
Our days are scheduling patients, attending to their needs of refilling prescriptions, listening to their ills, referring to specialists. The management leaves a lot to be desired. The culture is very caring and we pride ourselves on the best care in the country. The hardest part of the job is the last 3 years of change by not having a good clinic manager.
I absolutely love patient care. I enjoy my patients so very much
Pros
100% vested 401(k), great campus, nice co-workers
Cons
Healthcare costs are high due to the small number of employees
Rewarding and educational
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 1, 2017
quick-paced work environment with co-workers who go above and beyond to help each other out. I learned so much about the pediatric patient and their families. Such a rewarding feeling knowing you are helping the pediatric patient as they are often not able to help themselves. There are hard times and moments especially when doing a procedure on a child who doesn't understand what is going on, but you find a way to relate to that child and calm the situation and child down as much as possible.
Poor management
PAS (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 25, 2017
Great Doctors, poor management in most departments, really no room to advance, I would not recommend anyone to work for this company based on my experience.
Great atmosphere and good people
Patient Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2016
Enjoyed my time there and would still be working there if I didn't move to another state due to my husband's work. So many good people that they felt like family.
I loved helping the customers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 9, 2016
I was able to learn most all the departments as i worked at Wal-Mart. Dealing with anger and upset customers wasnt my favorite part but helping them to a solution was always enjoyable.
Record Runner
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 25, 2016
I ran the records up to the doctors. It was a good work out for the most part. Management was okay just not what I expected. The company was nice I wish I could go back.
Cooper Clinic
Patient Access Specialist- Check (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 6, 2014
A great place to work! Great Benefits! Enjoyed working with all the staff. Cooper Clinic takes every persons needs into priority.
Great
Healthcare Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2014
Patient Care Services
Customer Service
Great Management
Awesome Patients
Family Oriented
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ArkansasFebruary 18, 2014
Filed files, co-workers very helpful. Really enjoyed doing my internship here.
Good place with nice people
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Medical Records management isn't very organized. I like always being busy and never a dull moment.
Great early career company
Clinic employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2013
Cooper Clinic is a wonderful place to begin your career due to the relatively stress free environment, but offers very little if any options for advancement. The majority of our "good" workers are burnt out within three years and move on to bigger and better companies. The management is questionable, at best. The clinic employees are grossly paid under market average, especially compared to the employees of our other entities.
Pros
free membership at the Cooper Fitness Center, decent healthcare coverage
Cons
low pay
Very good multi-specialty group practice; excellent CEO and very competent physician staff.
Infectious Diseases specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 21, 2013
Practiced exclusively as in-patient ID consultant at local hospital; I was the sole ID specialist at the clinic & hospital. Flexible work schedule & hours as long as job got done. Ability to interact remotely via EMR very helpful and convenient. Adequate workload for one ID. Problems with position included flawed compensation formula at the clinic for my particular mostly inpatient practice pattern and inability to set up a financially reasonable outpatient ID practice. I enjoyed very much Fort Smith and lifestyle.
no job security
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 1, 2013
No job security here im afraid they may close down anytime. It's not a bad place to work the people are nice. If you like not knowing where your going to work at day to day you will enjoy it.
Great Work / Lifestyle Balance; Focus on Health and Wellness
Front Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Wonderful Physicians and Staff; Health and Wellness Focus; Great educational opportunities; Complete Physicals for Employees, Access to Fitness equipment and gym; Good management team;
Pros
focus on health, wellness, fitness
Cons
company frequently downsizes employment/employees laid off
Great Work / Lifestyle Balance; Focus on Health and Wellness
Pros
focus on health, wellness, fitness
Cons
company frequently downsizes employment/employees laid off
World renowned preventive medicine center
Nuclear Cardiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2012
Despite the reputation, the work atmosphere is one of making a big deal out of little things. Since I was laid off in a very uncaring manner, I have to say that management does not seem to care a lot for their staff despite the talk otherwise.
Pros
free membership to the fitness center
Cons
no job security or opportunity for advancement
Cooper Clinic is a multi-specialty outpatient clinic in Fort Smith, AR.
Audiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 5, 2012
This multi-specialty clinic is adjacent to the St. Edwards Hosptial in Fort Smith, AR. This state of the art clinic serves a vast rural area in Western Arkansas and Southeast Oklahoma.
Pros
excellent specialty clinic services.
Cons
na