Cooper Electric Supply Co., the leading electrical distributor in the United States, is seeking a highly motivated Warehouse/Counter Sales individual to join our team in our Manahawkin, NJ, Branch location. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Essential Duties /Responsibilities:
- Assist counter personnel as requested
- Pull Sales orders as needed
- Maintain overall condition of warehouse and counter areas. Perform housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Replenish stock
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
- The ability to multi task and work unsupervised.
- Must be detail oriented; have good record keeping skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Should be self motivated with a need to learn
- Able to learn material, customers and system to eventually move to full time counter sales.
- Must be team focused
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned by manager.
- Make emergency local deliveries to branch customers with company vehicle
- High School Diploma/Equivalency or higher.
- One year minimum industry related experience, such as; warehouse, product, purchasing, projects or combination of experience and training in one or more areas.
- Ability to speak read and write proficiently in English.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) speaking and writing skills preferred.
- Willingness to work and to follow instructions.
- Cooperative attitude toward co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to calculate figures, such as, discounts and percentages.
- Skilled in data entry.
- Knowledge of electrical products to make selection for customer.
- Skilled in use of current version MS Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Keeps the Company’s best interest in mind while performing job.
- Exercises safety in all aspects of carrying out job responsibilities.
We offer a competitive salary; outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognized your achievements.
It is the policy of Cooper Electric Supply Company is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran