Cooper Industries

Cooper Industries Employer Reviews

A good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: you stay a temp to long
This is a good place to work if you get hired on. The atmosphere is good and co-workers are nice.
Corporate "Giant" in Manufacturing. Very robotic environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great "brand" name and solid foundation of internal resources
Cons: the environment was "robotic", flexibility to implement creative strategic ideas was limited
Completed my MBA and started to combine the technical skills of engineering, with the "business development" skills of sales and marketing, all in an effort to increase "brand awareness" and solidify long term relationships for future growth opportunities.
Design / Detail Drafter (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: questionable management
Steady flow of work daily, great backlog, I know the substation transformer product very well with most of my experience being in transformers (15+ yrs). Top Management is very questionable, procedures and efficiency could definitely improve. My co-workers are the best, we make each others day better and we are great at helping each other. Hardest part – more... of the job is dealing with change because we have a substantial amount of standards that we use daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no one is looking over your shoulder. We are a productive group that needs very limited supervision. – less
Ambient Demand Planner (S&OP) (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 28, 2014
I do not recommend working for this company as it has poor morale.
Good Company
Corporate Information Technology Project Leader (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Cooper has been bought out by Eaton LLC.
Cooper was a fast paced company with a dedication to getting the job done.
Great Company
National Marketing Representative, Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
A great jump start to my career. This internship really helped bridge my education into the real world.
One hour lunch
Stocker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2013
Just another job in retail, nothing special. An 8 hour day. Mangement came and went.
Work
Sr. SAP EBS Functional Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
Enjoyed working since learnt ESS/MSS. SAP HCM modules.

Pioneer in Electrical industry / Manufacturing sector
Productive environment with effective management
CLP Digital Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: compensation, flexibility
Cons: no job offer with company after internship
I greatly enjoyed my internship at Cooper Industries. I was a member of the corporate Sales and Marketing team, where I learned many new software platforms, tools, and strategies used to enhance customer relations. I had fantastic supervisors and managers who empowered me to make my mark, and helped me when I struggled with something. The most difficult – more... part of the job was when it was announced that Cooper had been acquired by Eaton Corporation. I most enjoyed when I got the chance to be a project manager on an e-learning video series we created. – less
Nice place to work
Production Planner/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 28, 2013
People are great to work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Job stability based on economy. Management was great!
Fast paced manufacturing
IEC Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great pay/benefits
7:30AM-6:30PM typical work day in sales. Very well respected in Houston's electrical manufacture and distributor circles. Very close relationships with large electrical distributors like Wholesale and Graybar.
Management is helpful to employees although there is some in fighting and politics as always.
Co-worker were all very hard working and friendly.
Hardest – more... part of the job can be the work load. Sometimes it feels like drinking out of a fire hose. – less
Quiet enviroment
File Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2013
A typical work day consisted of working independantly creating folders and filing paperwork.

The best part of my job was not being micro-managed.

The collegues there were always helpful and friendly.

The worst part of the job was when my assigment ended.
Great Experience
Operation Leadership Program (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Being part of the operations leadership program was a great way to be exposed to several different aspect of a manufacturing organization.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: great beneifits and wonderful co-workers
Cons: only the economy that got me laid off... lol
Cooper Lighting manufactures lighting fixtures, the product was a little difficult to learn if you have not been in the lighting field and there were so many different types of lighting fixtures to learn. Supervisor's were a wonderful bunch of people and I enjoyed working at Cooper.
Cooper Industries - Solid company, poor work/life balance
Manufacturing Engineer/Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Eufaula, ALNovember 14, 2012
Pros: the recent aquisition by eaton corp. may provide a better working environment
Cons: poor work/life balance
Cooper Industries as a whole is a good company. The management team is very results oriented. They are willing to get results at any cost, even if it means requiring you to work 100+ hours a week for months on end.

Overall I would rate this company as a 2/5.
Expect long hours and little appreciation
Domestic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), Highland, ILNovember 5, 2012
Pros: you can learn a lot about steel here, and how to use sap.
Cons: my manager lacked honesty, and i found it to be a bit too much of a cut throat environment.
This is one of those places where you can learn a lot, but then are glad you are not there any more.
Constant movement throughout the day
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: ability to gain more knowledge
Cons: increased work load
Typical day began with pulling prints for the plant to ensure enough work goes out. The mechanics of how different parts fixed other pieces. Management was outstanding and co-workers were all hard workers. The team concept applies very much so there. Reconciling block invoices. How mangemet took great of their employees.
Great Company
Sales Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2012
The company, top to bottom, is world class. Everyone is friendly, smart, hard-working, and willing to do what it takes to succeed.
Typical Fortune 500
Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2012
A good company to start a career in, the harder you work the better promoted you will be. Work life balance is non-existent.
Tough culture with expected results
Director of Global Industrial & Commercial Sales (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 7, 2012
Pros: global travel, good team, excellent customer base
Cons: poor pay, tons of travel, little work life balance
Cooper was a decent place to work - you can learn a ton about electrical markets. Pockets of excellent management - the travel and expectations are not worth the pay + benefits.

About Cooper Industries

Cooper Industries makes sure its customers don't blow a fuse. The company makes electrical products that include circuit protection – Read more