Cooper Power Systems Employee Reviews

Was a great company before buyout
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 10, 2015
Cooper Power Systems was a great company to work at. The pay was better than the average salary for machine operator in East Texas. Management was fair and consistent.
Pros
great pay, plenty of overtime, consistent work and great management.
Cons
company was bought out by Eaton.
Making rubber electrical parts
Modular Operator (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2015
A typical work night would be a 20 minute meeting before our shift, and then we would go to our assigned areas to work. I learned a lot working in a plant making rubber electrical parts. The co-workers were ok to work with. I chose to work by myself and get my work done and go home at the end of my shift. The hardest part about the job was to try and keep the machines running at all times and don't get any red lights. It was also hard to keep up the machines when you also had to test parts and also package them.
Job security at its finest
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 3, 2015
I typically stay in my own area as units come down my line for assembly. I have to read a bill of materials and a wiring schematic.
Then according to the BOM cut and attach wires to the unit and route and insulate to protect the unit from the voltage running through it after the final step on the other side if the factory.

I learned how a production facility works and what a "LEAN" environment is. My co-workers are very hard working and are always willing to lend a hand when needed.

There is always a lot of overtime so it makes saving for retirement very easy.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Excellent in lean manufacturing, Professional work environment
Material handling& Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 2, 2014
I learned a lot in metal fabrication and machine operation. It inspired me to pursue a career in welding
Pros
excellent retirement and health plan, an abundance of overtime
Cons
hot work environment
Amazing work place, amazing technology
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2014
Managing over 15 projects plus daily tech support phone calls was typical while in the office. Multiple weeks of national travel per month for customer training and support was required. Learned everything about energy distribution and maintenance. It was such a neat experience to be part of a founding company and to be able to contribute to its growth and success and to see it become an international product and business. Worked with very intelligent and fun co-workers. At times it was stressful managing all assigned projects and balancing family and work/travel. Most enjoyable part was meeting and getting to know people for all over the country and truly contributing to the success the project implementation.
Pros
co-workers, environment, customers, office space
Cons
location, travel time
n/a
assembly (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 26, 2014
poor management,very slow advancement.Will work you over time when ever,and have you doing what ever they want.Has no respect for it"s employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
want you to do more than your job title, will put doing what ever they want you to do.
Good Company
Module Operator (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2014
I absolutely loved Cooper. It was fun, I got ample overtime anytime I wanted, and I met a lot of good people during my time there. I learned a lot from my time there.
Very friendly place to work. Everyone is willing to help you succeed.
Custom Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2014
When I would come into work, I would walk down the aisles and I would be greeted by most people. What I especially appreciated was the times the work would slow down in one department, I would be trained in another department. I like the way they respected me and wanted to keep me working there because they made me feel like a valued employee. I still get together with many of the employees there.
Pros
alot of room for growing with the company.
Cons
work slowed down; so i was laid off.
horrible place to work
Planner/ Inventory control (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIJanuary 8, 2014
The management seemed to work against every employee they had. it was hard to go into work every day
excellent job oppurtunity
Tank Welder (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, MSNovember 22, 2013
no change in daily work processes just welding tanks and pressure testing all of them. learned faster ways to weld certain parts and materials. management was very knowledgeable.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
same thing everyday
Well, it paid well
Contract Buyer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 10, 2013
I am sorry, I am looking for something nice to say, but the end of my project was the end of my time with them, which was not the agreement, but at Cooper, your security is the life of your contract, simply put
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
not worth it, no matter what they pay
Contract Buyer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood SCSeptember 8, 2013
I brought great savings to cooper, and the return was to dump me out at the end of the contract, they fully expected 70++ hours per week. The fact that the entire staff have fully turned over since my departure really says it all.
Pros
very high pay
Cons
virtually everything else
Good work environment
Electrician Metal Enclosed (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day begins at 5:30. I am scheduled to work from 7:00-3:30, but have several employees who require direction( since it is a relatively new product line). I have learned to use AutoCAD Inventor in order to design the metal enclosures as well as the electrical layouts in them. The hardest part of the job for me is the hours. I do not mind working, but I have been working 7 days a week 10-12 hours per day for some time. In my opinion that is to much time away from home. The most enjoyable part of my job has been creating something new. I have greatly enjoyed designing the capacitor banks since it requires a lot of imagination. It is very rewarding to make something in your mind come to life.
A good place to work with Family Values in place.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, MSAugust 18, 2013
Good place to work, fast pace environment leader in the manufacturing of pad mount transformers
Pros
long term employment
Cons
plant closed/relocated
No advancement opportunities
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2013
I love it, not much room for growth though. Bosses are great! Hardest part is again looking for the next ring to grab in promotions.....lot of lateral moves but nothing that moves forward
Long days full of 6S
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2013
Fun job at first until politics started to drive how people did their jobs and the quality of work. Co workers are great and lift the spirits most of the time. Hardest part for me personally is that I do not get any real respect or recognition for my work and am neglected when it come to customer site trips where I could excell in my field. Maybe I am to blame.
Pros
close group of people
Cons
managment
awesome work environment
silver plate installer (Former Employee) –  S Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2013
good place to work with nice people. learned how to silver plate boxes. hardest part is working late
Financial/Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 7, 2012
Download manufacturing data. input data into worksheets to calculate efficiencies. Update graphs showing efficiencies. Review requisitions for proper account and tax coding and approvals. Update budget to actual to forecast worksheets. Other tasks as needed such as auditing fixed assets, inventory control, and turns.
Pros
close to home. enjoyed the interaction with other employees.
Cons
none. except i got downsized.
Fast moving and co-worker comfortable company
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  WIOctober 29, 2012
This job was fast paced, but third shift. So i liked that time flew by and before i knew it, it was time to go home and go to sleep... at 8 in the morning.
I learned to multitask and press my memorization skills to the max.
Management was responsible and proactive.
The was a mixed crowd of all ethnicities and we all got along.
The hardest part of my job was memorizing all the little parts with very similar names or labels.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was co-worker interaction; we cracked jokes and laughed all shift. Not every day, but enough for everyone to like each other.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
occasional mandatory overtime
productive
TIG welder (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 1, 2012
Enjoyed challenges of everyday work at this position. Enjoyed easy to get along with staff