Cooper Power Systems Employee Reviews

This was an excellent place to work. Stable environment and loyal to it's employees.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, MSJanuary 7, 2018
I started there in high school and worked until the plant closed in 2011. I would still be there if it had not relocated to Texas. The management team was firm but fair and we could call Corporate Headquarters if we had an important job issue.
Pros
Reasonable work load and hours. Good culture and work environment.
Cons
Can't think of any cons.
A nice place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2017
I was trained in several areas. Sometimes I worked alone, and other times I worked with someone. I didn't care for working in a place with no windows. The work was boring, but it paid. The other employees were friendly, but I didn't really have much interaction with them while I did my job.

I was working for a temp-agency,(Aerotek) and the company did a down size because of the econom, so I didn't get hired on.
Pros
Good Pay; nice lunch room; friendly co-workers.
Cons
No windows; I worked in offices around a warehouse.
Company is in a state of flux with inexperienced management.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 5, 2017
At the present time, Cooper Electric (Generator Division) is poorly managed and that has resulted in poor employee morale.

The Generator Division is only one Division of many at Cooper Electric, and support, Marketing and resources are often not shared evenly, at the expense of the Generator Division.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Poor management interraction
Fairly good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Work there for 40 years.Went to work every day and did my job. Made a good living and did really good for myself and family.Started 401k at the beginning and it really added up.Eaton bought Cooper and it changed things a lot.Eaton polices are a lot different.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Hard work
Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere
Machine operator, and packing (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed my employment at this company, where I achieved full time and a wage increase; however, after a lay-off for over 1 year, I was invited back to train new employees. The offer was for a starting minimum wage again, and not wanting to be taken advantage of, I declined the offer.
Contract job but very rewarding
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 1, 2017
A very fun job with capital projects and equipment reallocation to transfer a manufacturing facility to a new location in order to better utilize corporate assets.
Very nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  WaukeshaMay 19, 2017
Very organized and a nice place to work with good pay. The management treats their employees very nice. A lot of social events.
Lots of opportunity to advance.
Pros
location
Cons
getting too big
It was a good place to work
Planner/ Inventory control (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2017
You are treated fairly and compensated well. The company has changed hands several times, each time it seems to have gotten worse. The management team, when I was there was awesome.
Relaxed environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  hauppauge nyJanuary 25, 2017
The staff is outstanding, hardworking and diligent unfortunately we are a satellite office and I do not feel we are financially stable. Its difficult being a satellite office we are often left to resolve many issues on own without the support of our corporate office. Since we are distributor for Kohler we share the office with the Cooper Electric Store. The Electrical staff is outstanding and extremely dedicated, they are wonderful to work with.
Pros
the people
Cons
the lack of support from corporate
very sensitive work
Assembler / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2016
was transitioning between states and worked for Cooper Power for only a short time, but was comfortable doing precision work. As I have been a CNC machinist for years before, I am more than familiar with precision work.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
not much feed back
great place to work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2016
Built electrical boxes and harnesses used in the power management field. Used production list to fulfill daily work load. Able to work in different cells to learn additional skills.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
industry has ups and downs
Great place to start / grow your career. Hands on, exciting.
Senior ETO Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2016
The most shocking things in the first months of working there were the commitment to personal growth, impressive workplace safety and the workplace/family culture. Much more focused on getting your work done than how many hours you work. One of the negatives I'm seeing is that with many of the lead engineers retiring these last few years they are in desperate need of new qualified electrical engineers to take over the torch. Another negative is that management is struggling during this oil and gas crisis to get the resources to reduce onboarding time for new employees.Over all though, Its a great job with diverse roles that give you experience in marketing, Program management, manufacturing, and NPI.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hands on experience
Cons
location, senior experience retiring
Good Company
Credit Clerk/Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 21, 2016
I was only an intern for a few months. However, I received great experience and a first hand look at the corporate business world.
Have chance to more to different departments
Custom Assembler (Former Employee) –  S Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2016
The people are great. I got the chance to more to different departments and learn new things. Learn all the different product was enjoyable.
Pros
close to home, able to advance, benefits
Cons
favoritism, mandatory overtime
Was a great company before buyout
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 10, 2015
Cooper Power Systems was a great company to work at. The pay was better than the average salary for machine operator in East Texas. Management was fair and consistent.
Pros
great pay, plenty of overtime, consistent work and great management.
Cons
company was bought out by Eaton.
Making rubber electrical parts
Modular Operator (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2015
A typical work night would be a 20 minute meeting before our shift, and then we would go to our assigned areas to work. I learned a lot working in a plant making rubber electrical parts. The co-workers were ok to work with. I chose to work by myself and get my work done and go home at the end of my shift. The hardest part about the job was to try and keep the machines running at all times and don't get any red lights. It was also hard to keep up the machines when you also had to test parts and also package them.
Job security at its finest
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 3, 2015
I typically stay in my own area as units come down my line for assembly. I have to read a bill of materials and a wiring schematic.
Then according to the BOM cut and attach wires to the unit and route and insulate to protect the unit from the voltage running through it after the final step on the other side if the factory.

I learned how a production facility works and what a "LEAN" environment is. My co-workers are very hard working and are always willing to lend a hand when needed.

There is always a lot of overtime so it makes saving for retirement very easy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Excellent in lean manufacturing, Professional work environment
Material handling& Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 2, 2014
I learned a lot in metal fabrication and machine operation. It inspired me to pursue a career in welding
Pros
excellent retirement and health plan, an abundance of overtime
Cons
hot work environment
Amazing work place, amazing technology
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2014
Managing over 15 projects plus daily tech support phone calls was typical while in the office. Multiple weeks of national travel per month for customer training and support was required. Learned everything about energy distribution and maintenance. It was such a neat experience to be part of a founding company and to be able to contribute to its growth and success and to see it become an international product and business. Worked with very intelligent and fun co-workers. At times it was stressful managing all assigned projects and balancing family and work/travel. Most enjoyable part was meeting and getting to know people for all over the country and truly contributing to the success the project implementation.
Pros
Co-workers, environment, customers, office space
Cons
location, travel time
n/a
assembly (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 26, 2014
poor management,very slow advancement.Will work you over time when ever,and have you doing what ever they want.Has no respect for it"s employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
want you to do more than your job title, Will put doing what ever they want you to do.