COOPER STATE BANK Employee Reviews

Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Poor ethical culture.
Teller/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Grandview, OHMay 21, 2015
In 2010, when opening a new DDA the customer had the choice of whether to opt-in of opt-out of overdraft 'service'. By law, this new choice needed to be clearly communicated to the customer. However, CS bank attempt to convince me to simply had the customer the form without informing them of what the form actually meant. I found this act so morally unfeasible that I eventually left the job because I was losing sleep at night.
Pros
Free coffee and tea. Nicole, the Sale Supervisor was very nice and pretty.
Cons
Unethical business practice
Learning Process
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2014
I was a teller for the first time so I was learning how to adjust to working for a financial institution. I was engaging with customers while running financial transactions i.e. checking, savings, bonds, and etc. I learned about baking policies and procedures while learning about our typical customers. My co-workers were fantastic. The hardest part of my job was learning how to adjust on the go. My training was only 2 or 3 days. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers and the work environment was friendly
Pros
Friendly work enviornment & professional
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work specialy during the football game.
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2012
Typical day at work:openening Branch at 6:45 AM with a teller,doing all the openenig duties such as main Vault, night depository box and runing transactions if there were any deposit.Open the Branch at 7:00 AM and ready to take care of customers.I learned the new system because every bank is different.How to run MO AND OC,Traveler checks.Had chance to learn how to open different accounts and comply with all regulations.Good experience to be part of the management and help my tellers to be the best on teller line.I had a wonderful team and collegues at work, had fun and enjoyable place to work.As Operation manager had to be focused on my job and prepare everything for internal and external audit.Enjoyable part was Saturday's and Sunday's,we had signs to leave out side with different color of baloons,always coffee and hot choclate for customers.
Pros
branch manager provided free lunch for employees for doing their job to meet the monthly goal.
Cons
one hour lunch except saturday and sunday